What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl ticket prices (1 Viewer)

I went to a Super Bowl once....no need to ever go again. It's a game. I'd rather be home with my friends enjoying wings and beer for 1/10th the price. 

Don't get me wrong, it was a fun experience, but if I never did it I don't think my life would be any worse. Granted my team didn't win, so maybe that would have changed things. 

Giants vs Ravens in Tampa Bay in 2001
It was a close game. Surprised you didn't enjoy it more.

Years ago the NFL stated that the supper bowl is not for the fans.  It is a celebration for the league. Fans should watch from home.  17.5 percent to each of the participating teams, 5 percent to the host team, 1.2 percent to each of the other 29 teams and 25.2 percent to the league office.  Does not leave very much for fans.

Years ago the NFL stated that the supper bowl is not for the fans.  It is a celebration for the league. Fans should watch from home.  17.5 percent to each of the participating teams, 5 percent to the host team, 1.2 percent to each of the other 29 teams and 25.2 percent to the league office.  Does not leave very much for fans.
Seems like kind of a high number compared to the others. Is it so King Roger can invite his entire extended family every year?

Seems like kind of a high number compared to the others. Is it so King Roger can invite his entire extended family every year?
League officials (Roger, referees, other New York staff), general sale(lottery before season), package deals and big sponsers.

I went to a Super Bowl once....no need to ever go again. It's a game. I'd rather be home with my friends enjoying wings and beer for 1/10th the price. 

Don't get me wrong, it was a fun experience, but if I never did it I don't think my life would be any worse. Granted my team didn't win, so maybe that would have changed things. 

I have never been to a Super Bowl but this is my view of going/not going.  It would be nice to go once for the overall experience but if I was really interested in watching the game I would much rather do that from home.  The NFL is built for TV now.  Too many commercial breaks, stoppages, etc for the people at the the game.  They aren't as noticeable watching on TV and you get a much better view of the game.  

If my team ever makes it back I would much rather be at home to watch the game.  

I wanted to take my dad for his 80th birthday a couple of years ago when the Super Bowl was in Atlanta (relatively close by).  After I went through checking on tickets, etc. as discussed here, I told him I could buy him a new big-screen TV and a truck for him to bring the TV home in for cheaper than the cost of going to the game.  What a bummer.

I wanted to take my dad for his 80th birthday a couple of years ago when the Super Bowl was in Atlanta (relatively close by).  After I went through checking on tickets, etc. as discussed here, I told him I could buy him a new big-screen TV and a truck for him to bring the TV home in for cheaper than the cost of going to the game.  What a bummer.
If that was my choice, hell yeah to the truck & big screen.

I was glad beers at SB48 were $12.  As a Broncos fan I might not have been able to walk to the train if I could afford a lot.

The play seems to be:

• Have an elderly family member who is a lifelong fan

• dress them in head to toe team swag

• go on social media and beg the team to make “pupaps dream come true before he dies”

• tag every one from players to the team, sponsors and he nfl

Went to the SB last year in Tampa, tickets were in 300 section and cost $5500 each out the door. We got them through the official NFL ticket site when they first went on sale in April. They threw in a $250 prepaid visa card with each ticket which covered all our spending at the game and then some.

Living 30 min from the stadium was great since we didn't have to spend anything on travel or hotels.

There was a hot minute when we almost decided to sell the tickets when the Bucs won the NFCCG and the cheapest ticket prices spiked to over $9k for a couple of days, but we said F it and held and went and had a great time.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have never been to a Super Bowl but this is my view of going/not going.  It would be nice to go once for the overall experience but if I was really interested in watching the game I would much rather do that from home.  The NFL is built for TV now.  Too many commercial breaks, stoppages, etc for the people at the the game.  They aren't as noticeable watching on TV and you get a much better view of the game.  

If my team ever makes it back I would much rather be at home to watch the game.  

I've always said I think the conference championship games are the best the NFL has to offer in terms of fan experience.  You get a real home / away crowd with the winner going to the Superbowl and the loser going home in tears.  Almost everything I've heard about the gameday superbowl experience is negative - the disinterested crowd, distractions, expense, long lines, long commercial breaks and a concert at halftime.  I've been to 4 NFC Conf. Champ Games - 3 at Lambeau and 1 at Soldier Field - and they've all been fantastic experiences (2 wins, 2 losses).  I would only go to a Superbowl if I didn't really care about the game and someone else was paying.

I went to one SB. I was 11. The game was blacked out in Miami even though it was sold out.

My Dad was incensed we couldn't watch it on TV.

1969. SB III. Yep, the Joe Willie guarantee game. I was a huge Colts fan at the time.

He got me up early game day and we went down to the OB and it seemed (according to him) there were tix everywhere. He scored us a pair in the endzone for $20 and I watched one of the greatest games in history! Even though the Colts and Shoes lost...

Users who are viewing this thread