What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor 2022 Add comments for each week here! (1 Viewer)

robb

Footballguy
This first week looks a little murky as most of the favorites are on the road week 1, and I don't pick road teams to win. Tennessee the best option?

I don't like any Week 1 matchups for these purposes. All clear favorites are on the road and/or playing division opponents.

I currently have Denver (I think Seattle will be a good team to pick against this year), but am also considering Baltimore at Jets and San Francisco at Chicago. Indy is the biggest favorite (-8), but they are on the road in the division and I think Houston may not be as bad as most expect.

I'm somewhat against picking road division games, but Indy curb stomped Houston twice last year, winning by a combined 62-3 margin.

Feels like Denver and Indy are the obvious chalk. I don't love picking road teams, but most of the good NFL teams are on the road in week 1.

I am going with Baltimore in 2 spots vs the Jets and colts in my 3rd spot. Balt will have there starting RB's to start the season. Last season I think they were on their 3rd string RB before week 1. I feel pretty confident with them against the Jets. Colts will be interesting as I'm curious how Matt Ryan looks with the new team. They still have JT at RB and Houston still have no one on either side of the ball. I'd be surprised if Houston wins more than 2-3games this year.

Survivorgrid.com showing SF currently as most EV at 1.09, IND at 1.07, CIN 1.05
That IND losing 8 straight week 1 games stat is unsettling and the reason I stayed away from NO early for a few years.
More unsettling than relying on Trey Lance to start the season with a win vs Justin Fields?
CIN vs PIT also an option with Trubisky as starter, would just insert "LV vs HOU -9.5" in W7 below instead.

Just spent a couple minutes on there seeing how lining up future favorites would look:
Here's a schedule with only one away game and no spread under a TD...
W1: SF @ CHI -7.5
W2: DEN vs HOU -10.5
W3: LAC vs JAX -9.5
W4: PHI vs JAX -7.5
W5: MIN vs CHI -6.5
W6: GB vs NYJ -10
W7: CIN vs ATL -10.5
W8: DAL vs CHI -7.5
W9: ARI vs SEA -7.5
W10: KC vs JAX -10.5
W11: NE vs NYJ -7
W12: MIA vs HOU -8
W13: LAR vs SEA -10.5
W14: BUF vs NYJ -11
W15: NO vs ATL -7
W16: BAL vs ATL -9.5
W17: TB vs CAR -10
W18: IND vs HOU -9.5

Of course, this all changes and will need to be reevaluated each week but a good first glance.
“Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.” - MT

Last edited:
Titans seem like a good choice here- hard to trust this team but beating the Giants when the Titans are at home should be no problem.

Looking at:
  • SF in 1 league - don't like road games, but CHI is terrible
  • Indy (@ HOU) in another - another road team makes me a bit nervous
  • last league - debating between Cincy (v. PIT) or Ten (v. NYG)

Like usual, i'll probably flip flop 5-10 times before gametime(s).

Eagles giving 4 to the overrated overhyped losuy stinkin' lions??? should be giving 8.doh!
Giants gonna win outright Toney going to go off.
Jets are a good play.
gotta love GB, they ALWAYS win in Minnesota.
Dolphins, at home, in blazing heat at 1pm, new regime with Hill and Co.
Commandos suck. you take Jags getting pts and never look back. Golf Cap Pederson will have them ready and fired up. Wentz is thisclose to being out of the league. dude is rotten.
Bills giving 2.5 is a solid play
names you don't trust in the NFL - Shurmur, Hackett,, Nolan to name a few. Hackett goes to Seattle where the home team is a dog. the gum smacker is going to have some things up his sleeve for the rookie first time HC on opening day.oh, and the 12th man. I bet Penny gets 160 rush yards and goes nuts. crowd barely sees R. Wilson.

Two entries... I went with Baltimore and Indy.
Week one is always stressful, and this year seemed to be no different. Not many home, non-division favorites.

In my biggest pool, 228 of 578 got eliminated in the early games thanks to the tie,which counts as a loss.

137 had IND
44 had CIN
40 had SF
7 had CAR

Prize pool is a little more than $26k, winner take all.

In my biggest pool, 228 of 578 got eliminated in the early games thanks to the tie,which counts as a loss.

137 had IND
44 had CIN
40 had SF
7 had CAR

Prize pool is a little more than $26k, winner take all.

Make that over half the players eliminated, including myself.

I hate survivor pools.

4600 out of 922.

I lost a couple Bengals plays, stayed away from the other upsets.

ATL s doesn't fall apart, closer to 70% out this week

What a start to the season. Out of 1600 total entries, only 600 remain in my league. Lost 1 of my 3 picks taking indy. Baltimore was solid as I expected and still think they get better. I'll check back later but my gut is to take the Rams vs Falcons at LA. I am a homer but 3 things stand out. 1) Rams will have the 1st extended week before their next game. 2) They just got embarrassed on national TV and will want to make a statement. Too many proud players with high expectations to drop 2 in a row. Losing to the Super Bowl favorite Bills is one thing but to lose this week vs Atlanta would be devastating for their super bowl dreams. 3) Rams have a very difficult schedule moving forward and will be hard to use them anywhere else. Divisional games with the Rams are a coin toss. We usually own Cards, split/own seattle, and lose to the 9ers. But after watching the 9ers lose the Bears and somehow watching seattle beat denver, I wouldn't trust picking any of them divisional games. I'll check back in sometime Friday.

Best of luck to anyone who survived that wild week 1.

Looking at:

Oh no.

Looking at:

Oh no.

clearly don't ever listen to me about anything survivor related...
It's not your fault, man. It's not your fault.

Are we on to Week 2?

Bunch of 0-1 teams that are heavy favorites this week (plus the Bills). Chalk picks are Rams and Bills, but I'm deciding between Bengals, Niners and Broncos, all of whom showed indications last week that they might not be as good as we thought heading into the season. I'm leaning Bengals because they worried me the least, though they are on the road

"@robb can we just make this 22 survivor? We don't need new thread every week"

Yes......I will change the Title now!

My league has a rule that if you are wrong in week one, you can take a mulligan and buy back in for another $25 entry fee. Because of the Broncos I did this.

Taking the Rams in week 2, for the reasons RealReactions said.

Are we on to Week 2?

Bunch of 0-1 teams that are heavy favorites this week (plus the Bills). Chalk picks are Rams and Bills, but I'm deciding between Bengals, Niners and Broncos, all of whom showed indications last week that they might not be as good as we thought heading into the season. I'm leaning Bengals because they worried me the least, though they are on the road
GB has to be chalk also. I’m leaning Cinn based on the Dallas problems.

Users who are viewing this thread