What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 46 - Finale - Up Next: Survivor Forty Several (3 Viewers)

anyone notice Charlie with his stank face after votes were read and during the whole after show?....he was pissed and wouldn't even look at Maria...
I thought he was thoughtful and diplomatic when asked for reaction during the live broadcast... something to the effect of the jury is always right in their choice.
anyone notice Charlie with his stank face after votes were read and during the whole after show?....he was pissed and wouldn't even look at Maria...
I thought he was thoughtful and diplomatic when asked for reaction during the live broadcast... something to the effect of the jury is always right in their choice.

He only said that at the end.....after he pouted for 20 minutes
I'd have felt like I should win in his shoes and that Maria screwed me. So I cut him some slack.

I don't think he pouted at all. To me, he looked shell shocked that Maria stabbed him in the back like that. I would imagine the heartbreaking loss of being so close but coming up short would take more than a few minutes to process.

That said, Charlie's best hope was a tie and I don't know if Ben would have given it to him. 50/50 at best. And Charlie didn't help his own game by always letting other people shield him, even at the end he didn't stand up and take an active role in his own fate. Kenzie beat him there and that got her the win. He wasn't self-aware enough of how his game was coming across.

I think he just thought "how can Maria vote against her own game?" and didn't go any further, and took some jury members for granted.

Not saying that is inaccurate but I did not notice. He came off fine to me. Even if he did pout before being 100% class when speaking, I'm cutting him some slack on ability to hide whatever emotions he felt after losing $1Mil. Hard to sit in judgment on the emotions a human experiences in that position. He'd played a good if not great game.

I thought it was very noticeable - we talked about it while watching. He looked totally pissed. However, definitely understand why, and his recovery by the time they asked him about the jury vote was great.

I'd have felt like I should win in his shoes and that Maria screwed me. So I cut him some slack.

I don't think he pouted at all. To me, he looked shell shocked that Maria stabbed him in the back like that. I would imagine the heartbreaking loss of being so close but coming up short would take more than a few minutes to process.

That said, Charlie's best hope was a tie and I don't know if Ben would have given it to him. 50/50 at best. And Charlie didn't help his own game by always letting other people shield him, even at the end he didn't stand up and take an active role in his own fate. Kenzie beat him there and that got her the win. He wasn't self-aware enough of how his game was coming across.

I think he just thought "how can Maria vote against her own game?" and didn't go any further, and took some jury members for granted.
Ben said in his exit interviews that he would have voted for Charlie on a tiebreaker.

The cast has been MESSY on social media since the finale (as was the case during the season). As you might expect, Venus is a big part of that.

Charlie said he cut ties with Maria not because she didn’t vote for him, but because she kept changing her explanation to him of why she did it.

Charlie said he cut ties with Maria not because she didn’t vote for him, but because she kept changing her explanation to him of why she did it.
Yeah, I read an interview with him (the interviews that are posted in the news section on Yahoo's front page) where he said she changed the reason for voting the way she did like three different times, and also said at one point that she regretted voting the way she did, and changed it to she would vote the same way again. :crazy:He said she should have just stuck with her original reason. If I were in his shoes, I would have been very disappointed that she didn't vote for me. They were #1 allies until they knew they had to get the other one out, and that is just good game play. It also isn't like they were both two tag-a-longs that were buddies, and she voted for the person that was deserving. Charlie was absolutely deserving of being voted the winner. I think he would have voted for her if the tables had been turned.

Anyway (and I'm sure Pip has read this), he mentioned that some of what he said to the jury was edited out, and I remember Soda's question being used as an example. Even though the viewers didn't hear it, the jury did, and they are the ones that matter. It seems a lot of them were on the fence on who to vote for.

Charlie was asked what were a couple things he wished were shown to the viewers. He mentioned three things. One was how close he and Ben's relationship was and is. He talked about some special things, and included that he was with Ben many times during his anxiety attacks, but it wasn't shown. He thinks a lot of Ben. Another thing he wishes was shown were some of his conversations with Tiff. He said she was awesome, and they had a fun Harry Potter alliance or something like that. Lastly, he said he wished it would have shown some of his fun conversations with Venus. He said they collaborated on a couple of votes, and she was a better game player than she was given credit for.

Yeah, I read an interview with him (the interviews that are posted in the news section on Yahoo's front page) where he said she changed the reason for voting the way she did like three different times, and also said at one point that she regretted voting the way she did, and changed it to she would vote the same way again. :crazy:He said she should have just stuck with her original reason. If I were in his shoes, I would have been very disappointed that she didn't vote for me. They were #1 allies until they knew they had to get the other one out, and that is just good game play. It also isn't like they were both two tag-a-longs that were buddies, and she voted for the person that was deserving. Charlie was absolutely deserving of being voted the winner. I think he would have voted for her if the tables had been turned.

Anyway (and I'm sure Pip has read this), he mentioned that some of what he said to the jury was edited out, and I remember Soda's question being used as an example. Even though the viewers didn't hear it, the jury did, and they are the ones that matter. It seems a lot of them were on the fence on who to vote for.

Charlie was asked what were a couple things he wished were shown to the viewers. He mentioned three things. One was how close he and Ben's relationship was and is. He talked about some special things, and included that he was with Ben many times during his anxiety attacks, but it wasn't shown. He thinks a lot of Ben. Another thing he wishes was shown were some of his conversations with Tiff. He said she was awesome, and they had a fun Harry Potter alliance or something like that. Lastly, he said he wished it would have shown some of his fun conversations with Venus. He said they collaborated on a couple of votes, and she was a better game player than she was given credit for.
Maria's FTC vote is one of the most nonsensical in the history of the show. That being said, it's horrible that people have been sending her death threats and calling her workplace, because the world is unhinged.

I wonder if Q's rationale for how he voted will come back to bite him on his inevitable return appearance on season 50. If I'm a returnee and I'm playing with someone that admits that they based their vote to win exclusively based on factors that have nothing to do with the game, I'm doing my best to boot that person before the jury phase. (Of course, if they have Edge of Extinction on season 50, it won't matter, unless Q quits that like he tried to quit S46.)

Maria's FTC vote is one of the most nonsensical in the history of the show. That being said, it's horrible that people have been sending her death threats and calling her workplace, because the world is unhinged.

I wonder if Q's rationale for how he voted will come back to bite him on his inevitable return appearance on season 50. If I'm a returnee and I'm playing with someone that admits that they based their vote to win exclusively based on factors that have nothing to do with the game, I'm doing my best to boot that person before the jury phase. (Of course, if they have Edge of Extinction on season 50, it won't matter, unless Q quits that like he tried to quit S46.)
That's terrible that people are threatening Maria. It's sad how acting horrible towards people has become an accepted action among so many people. Do you know what season 50 is?

That's terrible that people are threatening Maria. It's sad how acting horrible towards people has become an accepted action among so many people. Do you know what season 50 is?
All we know is that Jeff has confirmed that 50 will be a returnee season. What the specific theme/format will be, we don't know yet -- and I doubt planning on it will start until 47 and 48 are done filming.

That said, Charlie's best hope was a tie and I don't know if Ben would have given it to him. 50/50 at best.
In the event of a tie, Ben would’ve cast the final vote and shared with Paradehe would’ve chosen Charlie over Kenzie for the win. “Charlie was my day one. And you even see it before we get to the merge. That's when my physicality was starting to get rough. And he went and got water for me. We did play together,” Ben explained.

That said, Charlie's best hope was a tie and I don't know if Ben would have given it to him. 50/50 at best.
In the event of a tie, Ben would’ve cast the final vote and shared with Paradehe would’ve chosen Charlie over Kenzie for the win. “Charlie was my day one. And you even see it before we get to the merge. That's when my physicality was starting to get rough. And he went and got water for me. We did play together,” Ben explained.

Kenzie's best plea to Ben in the event of a tie, with that big smile): 'You said you accidentally wrote my name down...Now it's time to prove that'

Last edited:
Stephen Fishbach made the interesting argument on the RHAP Know-It-Alls podcast that everyone in the finale was robbed in some way:

Maria was robbed because two people teamed up to ensure she wouldn't win the F5 immunity challenge.
Liz was robbed because she was going to give a very unique argument at FTC but the only person left at F4 who wanted her in the fire challenge was the one who won the final immunity challenge.
Ben was robbed because the jury refused to hear his case at FTC.
Charlie was robbed because he played the best strategic game but some of the jurors voted based on outside-the-game factors, including his #1 ally.
Kenzie was robbed because the way the vote went down, the focus has been on whether Charlie should have won instead of on how good of a game she played.

Kenzie was not robbed....she was the ROBBER....stole 1 million from Charlies pocket !!
She did better at the final tribal and she won more challenges. She was worthy of it. It would have sucked for her to tie and Ben votes Charlie as well.

Charlie (and Maria) were just lucky that the other tribes got stupid and ate their own. Still amazes me those idiots couldn’t see it so 5 of the 8 jurors were Nami and they lost that one guy to a medical issue saving Bhanu. Nami had the game and gave it away.

Kenzie was not robbed....she was the ROBBER....stole 1 million from Charlies pocket !!
She did better at the final tribal and she won more challenges. She was worthy of it. It would have sucked for her to tie and Ben votes Charlie as well.

Charlie (and Maria) were just lucky that the other tribes got stupid and ate their own. Still amazes me those idiots couldn’t see it so 5 of the 8 jurors were Nami and they lost that one guy to a medical issue saving Bhanu. Nami had the game and gave it away.
Nami is yet another example of how it's actually bad for a tribe not to go to tribal before the merge (see also Belo from 45). They never got to sort out their differences before being mixed with the other tribes, so they turned on each other and/or were unable to work together in the postmerge, which enabled others to run the game.

Users who are viewing this thread