What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 46 - Finale - Up Next: Survivor Forty Several (4 Viewers)

Kenzie played an ok game, but this was a miss congenilality/needs the money more vote. At the end of the day, whether he had the money or not....Charlie is gonna be in the same place 5 years from now....grinding out 80 hour weeks as an associate at some big law firm. Yeah, now he'll probably have some loans to pay off (and that's not nothing) but the destination will be the same.

Really think Maria saw that. Couldn't stomach giving the money to an ivy league kid over a hard working woman who hasn't had an easy life.

Between the constant whining about her allergies to also have a “joint condition” that hindered her fire making ability I wanted nothing more than her to make the final 3 and get no votes. She is so delusional it’s unbelievable. Easily my most disliked player ever. I’m glad at least Charlie acknowledged he would’ve beaten her at tribal. I assume others were just saying nice things so she wouldn’t snap again

I generally dislike the current final TC format for that reason. It just feeds the egos of all the "its all about me" types and allows them a platform to grandstand and try to steal the spotlight.

IMO, it was better when each jury member just got 1 question/allotted time.(I know that was a LONG time ago now) It put them in their place and limited the impact any one member could have on the discussion (and made sure that everyone got a chance to say their piece). Now we've got someone like Tiff putting the potential winners on the clock like she's moderating a high school debate competition. Its pretty lame. You lost, honey......and your vote counts the same as everyone else's. Time to let someone else talk for a while.

When Kenzie won the fire challenge, I said that just won her the $.

Charlie did a lot of things right in the game, but he blew it when he didn't tell Ben he wanted to make fire. Liz is probably the worst fire maker we've seen since they started that challenge. It was a layup for Charlie and the last image of game play the jury would witness. Instead, he told them he didn't feel like he needed to make fire. oof

Kenzie was a wreck when she found out she was making fire but the impact of her emotion after she won was profound. Meanwhile, Charlie could only sit over by Ben and watch her cap the competition with a resounding victory. double oof

Hey future players... practice making fire before you go to the island and if you make the final 4, even if you win the last immunity, put the exclamation on your resume by winning the fire challenge.

Agree with others that Liz is probably the most delusional player in the show's history. I thought Venice was delusional... wow.

I can imagine Charlie replaying things in his head... he should have convinced Ben to have him (Charlie) face Kenzie in making fire. He knew he could beat Ben and LIz with the jury, why sit on the sidelines and allow someone who may receive multiple votes have a chance to convince the jury?

I mean, Liz was the easy pick for taking to final 3. Ben thought she would beat him, but he's been nuts all season. Charlie should have been the voice of reason and tried to make sure it was Liz, Ben and himself. He over valued his resume.

Most facetime I've ever noticed with the losers' gallery

The jury has become the participation trophy all-star team

Generations of kids raised to be exactly this

Oy

I can imagine Charlie replaying things in his head... he should have convinced Ben to have him (Charlie) face Kenzie in making fire. He knew he could beat Ben and LIz with the jury, why sit on the sidelines and allow someone who may receive multiple votes have a chance to convince the jury?

I mean, Liz was the easy pick for taking to final 3. Ben thought she would beat him, but he's been nuts all season. Charlie should have been the voice of reason and tried to make sure it was Liz, Ben and himself. He over valued his resume.

Yeah, in retrospect, this was absolutely the move. Hard to look a gift horse in the mouth though. In Charlie's mind, Ben (someone who he knew he would beat) was giving him a free path to the finals. He thought he'd played the best strategic game, is a good talker and had friends on the jury. He had a blind spot and didn't account for the worst case scenario.

Yeah, in retrospect, this was absolutely the move. Hard to look a gift horse in the mouth though. In Charlie's mind, Ben (someone who he knew he would beat) was giving him a free path to the finals. He thought he'd played the best strategic game, is a good talker and had friends on the jury. He had a blind spot and didn't account for the worst case scenario.

He really lost due to the me me me gallery voting more for the compelling Kenzie/she deserves the $$$ story

Survivor version of jury nullification

I don't think Charlie winning the walkover over Liz with fire would have made any difference

I generally dislike the current final TC format for that reason. It just feeds the egos of all the "its all about me" types and allows them a platform to grandstand and try to steal the spotlight.

IMO, it was better when each jury member just got 1 question/allotted time.(I know that was a LONG time ago now) It put them in their place and limited the impact any one member could have on the discussion (and made sure that everyone got a chance to say their piece). Now we've got someone like Tiff putting the potential winners on the clock like she's moderating a high school debate competition. Its pretty lame. You lost, honey......and your vote counts the same as everyone else's. Time to let someone else talk for a while.
When she said she was the timer I said "Who the F*** does she think she is" to my wife. The jury tries to make it all about them which makes the final tribal painful to watch.

He really lost due to the me me me gallery voting more for the compelling Kenzie/she deserves the $$$ story

To be fair, I think Kenzi played a good enough game that voting her the winner isn't a total farce. Doesn't help that someone physically helped her win immunity at 5 (NEVER should have been allowed. You should not be able to touch someone else's challenge apparatus...period) but she did enough to justify some votes. Dont think she should have won, but still.

Social relationships are a big part of the game. She was really genuinely great at that. She won some challenges without assistance and did enough from a strategic standpoint to make an argument.

Charlie said it best.....(right or wrong) the jury decides the criteria. Just sucks for him because he was also a genuinely nice kid who played a much better "game" than she did. But yeah...a bunch of people who probably think THEY should have been the winner mostly gave it Kenzi because she needed it more.

To be fair, I think Kenzi played a good enough game that voting her the winner isn't a total farce. Doesn't help that someone physically helped her win immunity at 5 (NEVER should have been allowed. You should not be able to touch someone else's challenge apparatus...period) but she did enough to justify some votes. Dont think she should have won, but still.

Social relationships are a big part of the game. She was really genuinely great at that. She won some challenges without assistance and did enough from a strategic standpoint to make an argument.

Charlie said it best.....(right or wrong) the jury decides the criteria. Just sucks for him because he was also a genuinely nice kid who played a much better "game" than she did. But yeah...a bunch of people who probably think THEY should have been the winner mostly gave it Kenzi because she needed it more.
I loved Kenzie and her attitude/game

But the Ive been scratching to make it since I was 15 story got her at least two votes, IMO

I don't think Charlie winning the walkover over Liz with fire would have made any difference
Maria said she voted for Kenzie over Charlie because of her win at the fire challenge and the raw emotion she showed during and afterwards.

Charlie may not have won the game by winning the fire challenge, but he could have certainly removed Kenzie's emotional win from the Jury's eyes.

Maria said she voted for Kenzie over Charlie because of her win at the fire challenge and the raw emotion she showed during and afterwards.

Maria says a lot of things; that was said because she didn't want to come across as more villainous and vindictive

I believe she talked about Kenzie's story too

I was surprised at the last challenge that Maria bothered to go and get the board. Couldn't the contestants just start guessing at the numbers of holes? If you figured there was between 15-50 holes in the board, why not just start changing the last digit and trying to pull out the sword while counting up. It would have been way quicker.

Liz must have thought that helping Kenzie at the key point of the game would add to her supreme resume`

Of course she did.

Also, she didn't need the million

I'd have been happy with either Charlie or Kenzie. Charlie's "I did not need fire on my resume" was probably true in terms of how he compared to others going into fire, but was narrow sighted in not appreciating that it would become added to someone else's resume - as the last thing the jury sees. As it turned out, the one person capable of leapfrogging him. Now I don't personally think fire should be given the weight it is given vs the 26 day navigation, since it is often a competition between also rans who neither protected themselves nor set themselves up to be protected from do/die, but it is.

I didn't mind if Charlie or Kenzie won. I'm guessing several jury members felt like Maria was the master planner between her and Charlie. The percentage of people who saw Charlie do his work behind Maria's back were the same people in the final four, and two of them couldn't vote. Liz got knocked out and voted for Charlie. I was a bit surprised Maria didn't vote for him. Kenzie played a great social game, and did enough to justify the win against Charlie. I don't fault her for Liz going to get her board. She didn't ask Liz to do that, and Jeff didn't stop Liz. Bonus points for surviving being in the tribe with Q, Jelinsky, Bhanu, and Jessica the ant eater. All three of Charlie, Kenzie, and Ben are likeable people. I knew Ben wouldn't get a vote, but he is taking home a great collection of memories, new friendships, and a confidence boost. Rock on, man-child! 🤘 Get your driver's license!

My word Liz was annoying as hell, but I did get some laughs from her actions. My last laugh was when she got beat in making fire, and she was talking to the camera saying she would have beaten all of them. Did you notice Venus smirk to the jury when Liz talked about herself being a threat? I'm sure the jury had a good time comparing Liz notes at Ponderosa.

Charlie really whacked himself upside the head with that bucket. Did y'all see that knot on his forehead?

The Bhanu meltdown parts were stressful to watch, but other than that I enjoyed the season.

I like Kenzie. I was a fan of hers from the start. But I also grew to like Charlie and was rooting for him as well. I hate how the editors always make me like the runner-up more than the winner. Seems like it happens every season.

I'd have been happy with either Charlie or Kenzie. Charlie's "I did not need fire on my resume" was probably true in terms of how he compared to others going into fire, but was narrow sighted in not appreciating that it would become added to someone else's resume - as the last thing the jury sees. As it turned out, the one person capable of leapfrogging him. Now I don't personally think fire should be given the weight it is given vs the 26 day navigation, since it is often a competition between also rans who neither protected themselves nor set themselves up to be protected from do/die, but it is.

I wonder if they (probst and company) will change the fire making to be not in front of the jury. No other competition is shown to the jury, so why should that one? Simply tell them what happened.

I wonder if they (probst and company) will change the fire making to be not in front of the jury. No other competition is shown to the jury, so why should that one? Simply tell them what happened.
I doubt it will happen because of tradition and intrigue it adds. It does seem like Chris Underwood completely changed fire making. Being exposed to the fire making do/die should logically be viewed like an NCAA play in game - something you need to win just to get into the real discussion. Unfortunately, seems in recent years people are losing ground doing the obvious... not exposing yourself needlessly after doing what it takes to avoid the play in game.

They make the fire starting so important why even have a jury. Just have the final 4 all try and make fire and the first to burn the rope wins.

Kenzi may have won it with that answer to Q’s question.
Totally won it with that answer.

He would've swept the vote 8-0 under those circumstances right?

Kenzi may have won it with that answer to Q’s question.
Totally won it with that answer.

He would've swept the vote 8-0 under those circumstances right?
I think it would be a sweep, or close to it.

I made my love of Kennzee clear last week so I’m glad she won. She did everything right all season given her circumstances and was damn likable. Charlie did too except for making people like him more than Kensie.

Good season.

I made my love of Kennzee clear last week so I’m glad she won. She did everything right all season given her circumstances and was damn likable. Charlie did too except for making people like him more than Kensie.

Good season.
However, I didn’t love the Liz assist on that challenge. Had Liz said “go get your plank” I would have been fine. But teaming up in that way felt dirty. If that’s going to be allowed get ready for some crazy boundary breaking challenge **** in future seasons.

I thought Ben had the best answer to "what will you do with the money."

Kenzie's answer was odd, to me. "I own a business and could easily make a lot of money, but it's not about the money. But give me the money to change my life."

I liked her, but Charlie clearly was the better player based on what we saw.

If we're voting based on who could use the money the most, why are we even playing the game? Or, just ask everyone how much they make and vote out the richest person every week until the poorest remain.

Users who are viewing this thread