What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

T.O. doing some chirping (1 Viewer)

Link

And so it starts again.-- Damn, if only he could both throw and catch the ball all of his problems would be solved. T.O has always wanted to be Bugs Bunney, playing every position. He is a team player, the problem is he has always been part of team T.O. and never part of the team he is on.

imo, TO and knowing that he is going to act up yet once again, is the reason why Dallas traded for Roy as they plan for a future without TO. The problem for TO is that even if he is right, he will still come across as the bad guy given his past history.

What is apparent to me is that so many fans and media have absolutely NO CLUE when it comes to Owens. it is also obvious that hyperbole, guessing, taking quotes out of context are the norm.

I've taken the liberty of paraphrasing that article, for those who can't/don't care to read it. Here's the only pertinent sentence in the entire article:

"I can't...catch it."

What is apparent to me is that so many fans and media have absolutely NO CLUE when it comes to Owens. it is also obvious that hyperbole, guessing, taking quotes out of context are the norm.
You say this like it's a bad thing.

So you disagree with him?
He is wrong! This team needs to run Barber into the ground. Barber first, TO second. No team rides a WR to the SB.
Yeah, Jerry Rice was a great RB.
I watched those teams and if you think that they "rode" Rice to the SB you are mistaken. SF was a very balanced team that complemented each other. The WR position, just by its nature, cannot dominate a game like a RB. What I am saying is if Dallas continues to try and pacify TO they do not have a chance at making the SB but if they establish Barber in a dominant running game they could go all the way. Barber is the type of RB you ride to the SB.

He is wrong! This team needs to run Barber into the ground. Barber first, TO second. No team rides a WR to the SB.
I watched those teams and if you think that they "rode" Rice to the SB you are mistaken. SF was a very balanced team that complemented each other. The WR position, just by its nature, cannot dominate a game like a RB. What I am saying is if Dallas continues to try and pacify TO they do not have a chance at making the SB but if they establish Barber in a dominant running game they could go all the way. Barber is the type of RB you ride to the SB.
It's ridiculous to think that teams have to "ride a RB to the SB." Here are the RBs for the recent Super Bowl champions:2007: Giants, led by Brandon Jacobs (1009 rushing yards, 4 TD)2006: Colts, led by Joseph Addai (1081 rushing yards, 7 TD)2005: Steelers, led by Willie Parker (1202 rushing yards, 4 TD)2004: Pats, led by Corey Dillon (1635 rushing yards, 12 TD)2003: Pats, led by Antowain Smith (642 rushing yards, 3 TD)2002: Bucs, led by Michael Pittman (718 rushing yards, 1 TD)2001: Pats, led by Antowain Smith (1157 rushing yards, 12 TD)2000: Ravens, led by Jamal Lewis (1364 rushing yards, 6 TD)Most of these are not particularly good RBs. With the arguable exception of Dillon, and possibly the 2001 version of Antowain Smith, none of them were the major focus of their team's offense. Dallas will probably not make the Super Bowl, but it won't be because they didn't give it to Barber enough.

Being a Dallas fan and seeing Owens in a game or two live, his biggest concern is getting by the cornerback tagging him at the line. He is not able to physically get off the line effectively. If Dallas wants to get him more involved, he will need to be moved around along the line...getting off the line untouched is the key to getting Owens the ball.

The TO haters kill me. Talk about overblowing something. He wants the ball more. Big deal. Dallas has struggled all year on offense and a big reason is not getting the ball deep. Romo hasn't really played very well for about a year now and TO's numbers are suffering.

Finally, lmao at other young stud receivers waiting to take TO's spot. There isn't a receiver on that team that can carry his jock strap.

Romo hasn't really played very well for about a year now and TO's numbers are suffering.
TO's tendency to drop passes also makes his numbers suffer.
I think it has more to do with his poor decision making, lack of confidence and refusal to throw it down the field. even when he does he is missing his receivers way more than he did when he was lighting the world on fire. He loves the check down now, which is something he didn't even look at in the first half of last year. I really hope he turns it around. They are going to have to throw it down the field to win some of these games coming up.

It's ridiculous to think that teams have to "ride a RB to the SB." Here are the RBs for the recent Super Bowl champions:2007: Giants, led by Brandon Jacobs (1009 rushing yards, 4 TD)2006: Colts, led by Joseph Addai (1081 rushing yards, 7 TD)2005: Steelers, led by Willie Parker (1202 rushing yards, 4 TD)2004: Pats, led by Corey Dillon (1635 rushing yards, 12 TD)2003: Pats, led by Antowain Smith (642 rushing yards, 3 TD)2002: Bucs, led by Michael Pittman (718 rushing yards, 1 TD)2001: Pats, led by Antowain Smith (1157 rushing yards, 12 TD)2000: Ravens, led by Jamal Lewis (1364 rushing yards, 6 TD)Most of these are not particularly good RBs. With the arguable exception of Dillon, and possibly the 2001 version of Antowain Smith, none of them were the major focus of their team's offense. Dallas will probably not make the Super Bowl, but it won't be because they didn't give it to Barber enough.
pwned.

Users who are viewing this thread