What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tatum Bell scheduled to workout with Denver! (1 Viewer)

With Bell signed the question remains who's the starter and what's the depth chart looking like. Having not played since Sept is it truly viable to see this guy get more than 5-8 carries? He's currently listed 4th on the depth chart. Hillis is still listed as the fullback and PJ Pope is currently listed as the #2 behind Young.

1) Young (Doubtful)

2) Pope (nobody has said a single word about this guy)

3) A Haynes (just signed Monday)

4) T Bell (just signed Tuesday)

Realistically who are the 2 guys to roster in this situation for those of us who have Young already.

A) Pope and Bell

B) Hillis and Bell

Thoughts on the future of the Broncos running game from here on out.

With Bell signed the question remains who's the starter and what's the depth chart looking like. Having not played since Sept is it truly viable to see this guy get more than 5-8 carries? He's currently listed 4th on the depth chart. Hillis is still listed as the fullback and PJ Pope is currently listed as the #2 behind Young.1) Young (Doubtful)2) Pope (nobody has said a single word about this guy)3) A Haynes (just signed Monday)4) T Bell (just signed Tuesday)Realistically who are the 2 guys to roster in this situation for those of us who have Young already.A) Pope and BellB) Hillis and BellThoughts on the future of the Broncos running game from here on out.
Young's not even healthy and it looks liek that groin isn't going anywhere.I would almost ignore the depth chart. So far it sounds like Hillis and Bell, if ready. Otherwise Pope. I know, it says Hillis is the FB - that won't stop him from running the ball with the bag of question marks behind him. And they throw alot so he might get more work.Of course none of that was true in Cleveland. They never really adjusted the game and just threw to Royal, Scheffler and Marshall.

ESPN's John Clayton speculates that Tatum Bell could help the Broncos out "with 15 or 16 carries on short notice" this Sunday if he's in shape.

SOURCE ESPN

how bad is Selvin Young's groin that he's sidelined a month, and then can only manage 1 carry last week and now out again? should he just get surgery and call it a season?

also, whatever happened to Cedric Cobbs??

I just swore I'd never put in for another Denver RB off the waiver wire but I'm giving serious consideration to grabbing Bell... I don't think we can expect much from him, but there's always the chance of a payoff sitting out there.

I would almost ignore the depth chart. So far it sounds like Hillis and Bell, if ready. Otherwise Pope. I know, it says Hillis is the FB - that won't stop him from running the ball with the bag of question marks behind him. And they throw alot so he might get more work.Of course none of that was true in Cleveland. They never really adjusted the game and just threw to Royal, Scheffler and Marshall.
if you mean they didn't feed hillis the ball, that's not entirely true:first drive of the 2nd half:(only drive in 3rd quarter)1-10-DEN 28 (10:17) 6-J.Cutler pass deep left to 19-E.Royal to DEN 44 for 16 yards (22-B.McDonald). 1-10-DEN 44 (9:43) 22-P.Hillis left guard to DEN 48 for 4 yards (99-C.Williams). 2-6-DEN 48 (9:09) 6-J.Cutler pass short middle to 88-T.Scheffler to CLE 28 for 24 yards (52-D.Jackson). DEN-88-T.Scheffler was injured during the play. His return is Questionable. 1-10-CLE 28 (8:32) 22-P.Hillis left guard to CLE 29 for -1 yards (95-K.Wimbley, 54-A.Davis). 2-11-CLE 29 (7:57) 6-J.Cutler pass short middle to 81-N.Jackson to CLE 19 for 10 yards (21-B.Pool). 3-1-CLE 19 (7:17) 22-P.Hillis right guard to CLE 15 for 4 yards (26-S.Jones). 1-10-CLE 15 (6:40) 22-P.Hillis right guard to CLE 10 for 5 yards (92-S.Rogers). CLE-92-S.Rogers was injured during the play. His return is Questionable. 2-5-CLE 10 (6:10) 6-J.Cutler up the middle to CLE 12 for -2 yards (54-A.Davis). 3-7-CLE 12 (5:55) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass incomplete short left to 15-B.Marshall (22-B.McDonald). 4-7-CLE 12 (5:40) 5-M.Prater 30 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-83-M.Leach, Holder-1-B.Kern.2nd 'drive' was a 93 yard td play3rd drive he only got one touch4th drive he was involved in 4 of 13 playsso, I wouldn't be looking for 30 carries, but between touches and targets is 15-20 too much too hope for?the main thing would be the td(s), and if it's short yardage i don't know what better option they have.

Come to me you Sweet Tater. Yes you have your baggage, but you have stolen my heart.

Last chance at redemption. Familiar with the offense. Why not?

I have a scoring question : if tatum was to sneak into the huddle wearing a hillis uni and produce points, would hillis owners get credit?

ESPN's John Clayton speculates that Tatum Bell could help the Broncos out "with 15 or 16 carries on short notice" this Sunday if he's in shape.SOURCE ESPN
Pretty much what Cecil was saying in one of the threads on this today. IF - that's a big IF.

i wouldn't start one denver running back at this point. it just isn't worth it. i don't care how deep your league is, you can do better

Does anyone honestly believe Bell is in shape to play? He doesnt seem like a "self starter" to be working out on his own.

Cecil Lammey said:
Sylira21 said:
Thanks a bunch for the updates Cecil, great work. As sad as it makes me, with Portis potentially hurt, I might have to...No...stop me! Not another Denver running back! :coffee:
STOP! Is Ahmad Bradshaw available in your league? the Giants have a tough matchup against Baltimore, and if Jacobs gets through that game unscathed we could see the GMen turn to Ward and Bradshaw to help keep the big man fresh.after Baltimore it'sweek 12: @ARIweek 13: @WASweek 14: vPHIweek 15: @DALweek 16: vCAR
Yes...yes he is. Thanks Cecil...I feel clean again...

Being an NFL RB behind the Bronco O-line/system use to be a blessing, it is now a curse.

Sure in deep leagues any ~ 10+ touch RB has some value, but the Bronco RBs are bottom quartile stuff. This is Jay Cutler's Air Show and the O-line ain't as "down and dirty" as they once were.

Users who are viewing this thread