What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Cameron Brate - Great or Ain't? (2 Viewers)

Cameron Brate (concussion) is out for Week 5 against the Falcons.​

Brate won't play after missing practice all week. Cade Otton should be the Bucs' top pass-catching tight end against Atlanta, making him a decent fantasy option in deeper leagues. Brate had run a pass route on 60 percent of Tom Brady's drop backs over the past two weeks. Otton caught three of four targets for 29 yards last week against the Chiefs after Brate exited the game. Kyle Rudolph, meanwhile, was a healthy scratch in Week 4. Atlanta has allowed the third most receptions to tight ends (28) through Week 4.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Rick Stroud on Twitter
Oct 7, 2022, 12:37 PM ET

Let's go Otton! Brate sucks

Briefly thought about starting him. Bucs are getting healthy & Brady will spread the love. They’re gonna murder Atlanta - Godwin might get 150+.

TB12 gonna roll.
As somebody who has Pitts and is a Bucs homer I’m rolling with Otton. Could definitely see one of those patented Brady goal line play fakes where the tight end is standing wide open in the back of the end zone.

Briefly thought about starting him. Bucs are getting healthy & Brady will spread the love. They’re gonna murder Atlanta - Godwin might get 150+.

TB12 gonna roll.
As somebody who has Pitts and is a Bucs homer I’m rolling with Otton. Could definitely see one of those patented Brady goal line play fakes where the tight end is standing wide open in the back of the end zone.

Exactly what I was thinking. Though originally that thought envisioned Brate.

Instead I’m going to be Charlie Brown. One of these times Lucy won’t pull the ball back. I’m starting Dalton Schultz even though last week he goose egged me (3 targets, zero zip zilch nada.)

Plan B was Logan Thomas but he’s a GTD. I have no idea how I’m 3-1 with that TE situation & Kamara as my RB1.

Sorry back to Otton. So one thing I like to see from streaming TEs is routes run and route participation. Realistic bare minimum for TE production is around 23-24 routes per game with 15% targets.

Brate had 36 routes the GB game, 19-20-19 the other 3. His route participation % has been 15.8 - 10.0 - 16.2 - 42.1. Add on pretty solid RZ history throughout his career.

Lot less data obviously for Otten. 2 - 9 - DNP - 23 RR, participation 0.0 - 22.2 - n/a - 17.4. Very hard to put much stock in such a small sample size.

But what the heck, FF is fun when you just say **** it, I’ll try Dart Throw & Hope for a TD Tight End strategy.

Another rookie TE I like who is trending the right way is the Giants Daniel Bellinger. But doesn’t look like danny dimes will be playing in London.

TB12 gonna roll.

Instead I’m going to be Charlie Brown. One of these times Lucy won’t pull the ball back. I’m starting Dalton Schultz even though last week he goose egged me (3 targets, zero zip zilch nada.)

Plan B was Logan Thomas but he’s a GTD. I have no idea how I’m 3-1 with that TE situation & Kamara as my RB1.

Sorry back to Otton. So one thing I like to see from streaming TEs is routes run and route participation. Realistic bare minimum for TE production is around 23-24 routes per game with 15% targets.

Brate had 36 routes the GB game, 19-20-19 the other 3. His route participation % has been 15.8 - 10.0 - 16.2 - 42.1. Add on pretty solid RZ history throughout his career.

Lot less data obviously for Otten. 2 - 9 - DNP - 23 RR, participation 0.0 - 22.2 - n/a - 17.4. Very hard to put much stock in such a small sample size.

But what the heck, FF is fun when you just say **** it, I’ll try Dart Throw & Hope for a TD Tight End strategy.

Another rookie TE I like who is trending the right way is the Giants Daniel Bellinger. But doesn’t look like danny dimes will be playing in London.
Bellinger and Otton are my two rookies. I think I drafted Otton on the last round. Otton it will be this week!

TB12 gonna roll.

Another week, another donut from Schultz.

High score of the week for my league?

Smoke n mirrors 4-1

Captain of the Cade Crew reporting for business 🫡

He’s a much better blocker than Brate but I doubt he sees this much PT he returns. He looked good out there however.

Cameron Brate (neck) is questionable for Week 10 against the Seahawks.​

Brate practiced in full all three days this week, which generally does not lead to a questionable tag, but this would be his first game active since he was backboarded in a scary incident in Week 6. We expect he will likely play, but if he doesn't Cade Otton will be the streamer TE to roll with in Tampa's passing game.
Nov 11, 2022, 1:26 PM ET

Buccaneers TE Cameron Brate (illness) is out for Week 13 against the Saints.​

Brate started the practice week off with consecutive missed practices with an illness before returning to a full session on Saturday, making his presence on the team's inactives list a bit of a shock for their Week 13 Monday Night Football matchup with the divisions rival Saints. Rookie tight end Cade Otton should revert back to a near every-down presence in Brate's absence. Also inactive for the Buccaneers are S Mike Edwards, CB Sean Murphy-Bunting, WR Breshad Perriman, QB Kyle Trask, S Antoine Winfield Jr, and T Tristan Wirfs.
Dec 5, 2022, 6:48 PM ET

Cameron Brate (illness) did not practice Wednesday.​

Brate missed Monday night's game against the Saints with an illness. Cade Otton would be a TE1 in PPR formats if Brate misses this week's game against the 49ers. Brate in Week 13 against New Orleans led all NFL tight ends in pass routes and caught six of ten targets for 28 yards and the game-winning touchdown.
RELATED:

ESPN's Jenna Laine writes of Cameron Brate: "It was clear he was taking stock in his life and what's next after suffering a concussion this season and a neck sprain that resulted in him leaving the field on a stretcher."​

Brate has been bandied about as a cap casualty for the Bucs this offseason between the emergence of Cade Otton and Tampa's desperate cap space situation. The news here is that he also might be considering retirement after missing six games to some scary injuries. Moving on from Brate would only save $2 million in cap space for the Bucs.
SOURCE: ESPN
Feb 21, 2023, 2:30 PM ET

Bucs released TE Cameron Brate.​

This was expected with Brate due a $5 million cap hit. Brate has been linked to retirement coming off an injury-shortened 2022 that sidelined him with a concussion and neck injury. Fourth-round TE Cade Otton started over Brate as a rookie and is in line for everydown snaps with Brate gone. Brate's release saves Tampa $2 million in cap space. The Bucs can save $4 million if they designated Brate a post-June cut.
SOURCE: ESPN
Mar 2, 2023 at 12:14 PM ET

Easy cut for TB, even moreso than Fournette. Brate doesn't really do anything well at this point, and going on 32, I wouldn't be shocked if he was fighting for a roster spot come August.

Users who are viewing this thread