What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Trey McBride, ARZ (1 Viewer)

B E A S T

Are any dynasty owners considering selling? AZ has few receiving options. McBride has looked great, but that has surely helped his fantasy cause.
I'll consider selling depending of what they do at QB or if they draft Harrison. I can keep him for $6 out of a $200 budget.

Due to injuries, I'll be starting him as my flex position in a couple of leagues. Not thrilled, but not disappointed either. Keep it up Trey!

Numerous sites (including this one) projecting / ranking McBride over Kelce this week.

Changing of the guard.

Have to find a way to get him (AND Kelce) in my lineup this week.

B E A S T

Are any dynasty owners considering selling? AZ has few receiving options. McBride has looked great, but that has surely helped his fantasy cause.
It would take a haul for me to move him at this point. Watching him against SF, there is nothing fluky about his game.

However, after his first good game in week 8, I offered him up for a late 2024 1st in a 16 teamer. Fortunately, the other team declined the deal. They came back and made the same offer back to me two weeks later, which I declined. Got saved from myself there.

B E A S T

In a 1 QB FFPC league (TEs get 1.5 PPR), after week 11, I traded Jayden Reed, Kadarius Toney and a R2 (which now looks to be early) for McBride and Alexander Mattison.

I think in FFPC, McBride could likely fetch a late 1st now.
I picked him up in an FFPC dynasty league and actually went super aggressive and dropped over $250 on him BEFORE Ertz got hurt because I had noticed the previous two games what looked like a changing of the guard and I felt they wanted to move on from Ertz. The other reason I went so aggressive is the league is filled with TE horders, they go earlier in the drafts in this league then most leauges and in fact McBride went 1.11 the year he came out.

I'm not going to tell you I had any idea he was this good when I went all aggressive on him. That would be some after the fact revisionist stuff. A lie.

But after he started breaking out I was slammed with offers for him, can't recall a player that I got more trade offers to get. No one offered a one or value on par with a one and what I was telling people who made those offers is someone in this league took him at 1.11 when they had Ertz and knowing the TE learning curve. Now that Ertz has gone, he's full on broke out, you now want me to trade him to you for less? That did not compute to me but truth is a random one would not have been enough for me. I am for sure in the camp which think he's in the conversation for top TE in dynasty. I probaby would put him under 2 or 3, but he's in the convo. I'm not seeing anything about that looks like a fluke. He's not out pulling a Witten, racking up 5 yard curls short of the sticks which gets you 2 points in FFPC but is fairly worthless for his real team.

I picked him up in an FFPC dynasty league and actually went super aggressive and dropped over $250 on him BEFORE Ertz got hurt because I had noticed the previous two games what looked like a changing of the guard and I felt they wanted to move on from Ertz. The other reason I went so aggressive is the league is filled with TE horders, they go earlier in the drafts in this league then most leauges and in fact McBride went 1.11 the year he came out.

I'm not going to tell you I had any idea he was this good when I went all aggressive on him. That would be some after the fact revisionist stuff. A lie.

But after he started breaking out I was slammed with offers for him, can't recall a player that I got more trade offers to get. No one offered a one or value on par with a one and what I was telling people who made those offers is someone in this league took him at 1.11 when they had Ertz and knowing the TE learning curve. Now that Ertz has gone, he's full on broke out, you now want me to trade him to you for less? That did not compute to me but truth is a random one would not have been enough for me. I am for sure in the camp which think he's in the conversation for top TE in dynasty. I probaby would put him under 2 or 3, but he's in the convo. I'm not seeing anything about that looks like a fluke. He's not out pulling a Witten, racking up 5 yard curls short of the sticks which gets you 2 points in FFPC but is fairly worthless for his real team.
I picked him up in a TE premium league as a rookie and forgot about him for a couple years, and in a keeper league I was getting stomped in, I spent all my FAAB on him, and have gotten a ton of offers.

I think a stud TE is such a unicorn, I am not treading away a guy who might be one.

The goods. Makes plays at every level.

Forget just TE but include WRs too, he absolutely has to rank highly over his last 7 games played as a receiver (had bye last week). He's caught at least 7 passes and 60 or more yards in 5 of last 7 games.
Over the last 8 weeks, hed rank as WR12 (TE1) PPG in PPR. So he's been a WR1 the last half of the season.

I don't know how anyone's not starting him at this point but to each their own

Forget just TE but include WRs too, he absolutely has to rank highly over his last 7 games played as a receiver (had bye last week). He's caught at least 7 passes and 60 or more yards in 5 of last 7 games.
Over the last 8 weeks, hed rank as WR12 (TE1) PPG in PPR. So he's been a WR1 the last half of the season.

For some reason I’ve seen Laporta and McBride on the same team across a few of my leagues. The guy that chose last week chose Laporta correctly… still would have moved on if he made the opposite choice. Which might make it more difficult, but at some point you have to think about flexing both possibly.

And Chicago is lousy against TEs.

It’ll be the first week I’m starting McBride and Kelce since trading for Kelce a month ago.

McBride will be in over G. Wilson and Swift. Leaning Olave to start as well with McBride at flex.

It’ll be the first week I’m starting McBride and Kelce since trading for Kelce a month ago.

McBride will be in over G. Wilson and Swift. Leaning Olave to start as well with McBride at flex.
I drafted Kelce. Picked up McBride a few weeks ago.

Tinkering with starting both as well, would have to sit D. Montgomery.

For some reason I’ve seen Laporta and McBride on the same team across a few of my leagues. The guy that chose last week chose Laporta correctly… still would have moved on if he made the opposite choice. Which might make it more difficult, but at some point you have to think about flexing both possibly.
The LaPorta owner dropped him for a RB in my league.

That's exactly what I'm doing this week.

If I were ranking dynasty TEs, given his age and his QB I would have no problem making him my TE1 even if they add an alpha WR. He may even be more dangerous with a threat on the outside that safeties have to pay attention to.

ETA - LaPorta ultimately would probably be my 1, but McBride would be considered.
I am in the middle of a PPR Best Ball SF Dynasty startup draft, and where LaPorta went mid 3rd round by another team, I took McBride mid 6th. I feel that was a HUGE win for my team. Like you said, when you consider his age I didn't blink taking him over Andrews or anyone else on board. And an alpha WR could absolutely open things up for him next year. I'm on the train! :pickle:

Really like McBride but am a bit concerned about Kyler as his QB keeping him from being truly elite. Was kind of hoping they would draft a QB but looks like Kyler is the guy for at least 2024. Not surprising because of the contract but still.

Just traded him for Stevenson 1.16 in dynasty. Still have him in one league so hope he does well but felt the value was too much to pass on.

Really like McBride but am a bit concerned about Kyler as his QB keeping him from being truly elite. Was kind of hoping they would draft a QB but looks like Kyler is the guy for at least 2024. Not surprising because of the contract but still.

Just traded him for Stevenson 1.16 in dynasty. Still have him in one league so hope he does well but felt the value was too much to pass on.
Unless I had another great option rostered at TE, I think I prefer McBride over Stevenson and the pick.

Unless I had another great option rostered at TE, I think I prefer McBride over Stevenson and the pick.
Yeah. I have Andrews/Likely otherwise wouldn’t have made deal.

I like the guy, but I'm not sure I've ever seen someone jump so fast into top 3-5 dynasty off such a small sample size. I realize he's got the draft capital and passes the eye test - and very well likely is a stud, but we're going off half of a strong season (yes I realize this coincided with Ertz going down and his snap %'s going up). Is this a product of overreaction to the next new thing, a commentary on the state of the TE landscape right now in dynasty, or the fact that sometimes you just know the guy is a star?

. . . I realize he's got the draft capital and passes the eye test - and very well likely is a stud, but we're going off half of a strong season. . .
I don't know that there is ever more to go off of, except a history of proven success. He was the consensus top move TE in his class (admittedly a weak TE class overall). I think like you mentioned the state of the TE landscape with Kelce/Kittle likely reaching the end of their peak performance plays into it but would rather take the flier on him continuing to ascend rather than the Engram and Njoku's (inconsistent) and Goedert and Pitts (usage).

I like the guy, but I'm not sure I've ever seen someone jump so fast into top 3-5 dynasty off such a small sample size. I realize he's got the draft capital and passes the eye test - and very well likely is a stud, but we're going off half of a strong season (yes I realize this coincided with Ertz going down and his snap %'s going up). Is this a product of overreaction to the next new thing, a commentary on the state of the TE landscape right now in dynasty, or the fact that sometimes you just know the guy is a star?

This video/game sold me. He makes some VERY difficult catches look easy. I think he's top 2 dynasty right now.

its their system. If Ertz was healthy, he would have benefitted.

This video/game sold me. He makes some VERY difficult catches look easy. I think he's top 2 dynasty right now.
After I lost in the semifinal of 14 team dynasty .. I traded Kelce for Andrews and a 2025 2nd rounder and Kupp and a mid to late 2024 2nd Rounder for McBride (owner also has LaPorta). My TE room is set for years to come. He and Murray have a good report and it will be interesting to see if AZ stays with Murray (which I think they will) or draft a QB.

Users who are viewing this thread