What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrelle Pryor (1 Viewer)

trader jake said:
Sup_Yo said:
trader jake said:
Rodriguez offense in Michigan seemed like the better fit football wise. :bag:
But: Ohio State > Michigan
Not at producing NFL quarterbacks.
Cause Michigan has had Tom Brady who didn't even start full time there?All I see in the thread is Michigan fans :blackdot: You didn't have a chance even when he extended his decision. He only did that cause his Dad wanted him to visit Penn State.

Michigan was off the radar until RR came there..then the process was extended because of RR. This may be a blessing is disguise. If you have ever seen Pryor throw the ball, he need a lot of work.
Now thats just silly. Losing a blue chipper is a good thing now? Come on.

All I see in the thread is Michigan fans :lol: You didn't have a chance even when he extended his decision. He only did that cause his Dad wanted him to visit Penn State.
Michigan fan present :lmao: There was no :cry: from this corner and I'd already stated Ohio St. was always his 1st choice and his Dad liked Penn St. Let's not make this into something ugly please. :goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to wonder about a prima donna high school kid that already has an entourage and is soliciting the opinion of NFL scounts before he has even set foot on a college football field. This is not the NBA and for every blue chipper that made it at QB there are 5 huge crash and burn stories. There seem to be a lot of red flags about this kid. At the end of the day he will not be worth the trouble of either school. The end of an ugly and very public recruiting war usually signals the NCAA to start sniffing around. OSU does not want that again.
I've seen a few people say this now, and this just seems contrary to what I had read about him previously. Everything that I had read before said that Pryor is actually really down to earth and not a prima donna at all. The media has become fixated on him because of his talent, but he hasn't really gone out to seek out the limelight like an OJ Mayo. I think a lot of people are just starting to make stuff up because they either don't like when the media makes a big deal out of high school kids (I can agree but that doesn't mean it's the kid's fault) or they're fans of other Big 10 schools.

You have to wonder about a prima donna high school kid that already has an entourage and is soliciting the opinion of NFL scounts before he has even set foot on a college football field. This is not the NBA and for every blue chipper that made it at QB there are 5 huge crash and burn stories. There seem to be a lot of red flags about this kid. At the end of the day he will not be worth the trouble of either school. The end of an ugly and very public recruiting war usually signals the NCAA to start sniffing around. OSU does not want that again.
I've seen a few people say this now, and this just seems contrary to what I had read about him previously. Everything that I had read before said that Pryor is actually really down to earth and not a prima donna at all. The media has become fixated on him because of his talent, but he hasn't really gone out to seek out the limelight like an OJ Mayo. I think a lot of people are just starting to make stuff up because they either don't like when the media makes a big deal out of high school kids (I can agree but that doesn't mean it's the kid's fault) or they're fans of other Big 10 schools.
Seriously. I don't pretend to follow high school signings as intently as many, but I was impressed that Pryor had a mind of his own and didn't succumb to the mania of signing day simply for the sake of it. He actually had the maturity to realize he needed more time, and took said time before making a major life commitment. Crazy, I know.

Seriously. I don't pretend to follow high school signings as intently as many, but I was impressed that Pryor had a mind of his own and didn't succumb to the mania of signing day simply for the sake of it. He actually had the maturity to realize he needed more time, and took said time before making a major life commitment. Crazy, I know.
:goodposting: He showed the maturity by having a press conference on signing day to let everyone know he wasn't making his decision yet. That's not prima donna at all.

:whistle: He had the maturity to have a press conference on signing day to let everyone know he wasn't making his decision yet. That's not prima donna at all.
He was the #1 recruit in the nation and had ESPN following him around that day. His decision was on the front page of ESPN.com; having the press conference was a foregone conclusion. I have no horse in this race, I've never rooted for or against Michigan or Ohio State. But objectively I find this yet another example of people on the internet coming to their own conclusions and then shaping the bits and pieces at their access to fit said conclusion. It's just sad really. He's a high school kid, and one that [unless I'm mistaken] has no reputation for being a troublemaker. Hard to believe to many people are willing to label the kid as a prima donna and beyond retribution already. :goodposting:

Quick - other than Troy Smith (and even that's a stretch), name a good QB from Ohio State. Even if you say Art Schlichter, that was 30 years ago. Keep in mind I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm not a Buckeye or Wolverine fan for that matter, but I do know of several good QB schools and Ohio State isn't one of them. This fact alone is quite perplexing, seeing as how many pro-level WRs Ohio State pumps out on a yearly basis.

IMO - Terrelle Pryor made a horrible decision that contrary to popular belief, was not so much about the money he'd his parents would receive, but about the ability to start right away and be a star from the get go.

Nothing against the kid, but I hope he's the next Greg Paulus. Nobody, especially not an 18 year old kid, fresh from his prom and his final exam in shop class, should be able to come in and automatically think he is going to run the show. What happened to earning your way to stardom? I know it won't happen, but I would love to see Jim Tressel bench the kid until he's ready to be the Buckeye's starting QB.

:goodposting:

Quick - other than Troy Smith (and even that's a stretch), name a good QB from Ohio State. Even if you say Art Schlichter, that was 30 years ago. Keep in mind I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm not a Buckeye or Wolverine fan for that matter, but I do know of several good QB schools and Ohio State isn't one of them. This fact alone is quite perplexing, seeing as how many pro-level WRs Ohio State pumps out on a yearly basis.

IMO - Terrelle Pryor made a horrible decision that contrary to popular belief, was not so much about the money he'd his parents would receive, but about the ability to start right away and be a star from the get go.

Nothing against the kid, but I hope he's the next Greg Paulus. Nobody, especially not an 18 year old kid, fresh from his prom and his final exam in shop class, should be able to come in and automatically think he is going to run the show. What happened to earning your way to stardom? I know it won't happen, but I would love to see Jim Tressel bench the kid until he's ready to be the Buckeye's starting QB.

:pickle:
:goodposting: Todd Boeckman deciding not to play in 2008? :whistle:

:goodposting:
Boeckman is the starter. The articles I have seen point to using Pryor in a similar manner to how Tebow was used off the bench.

:thumbup: He had the maturity to have a press conference on signing day to let everyone know he wasn't making his decision yet. That's not prima donna at all.
He was the #1 recruit in the nation and had ESPN following him around that day. His decision was on the front page of ESPN.com; having the press conference was a foregone conclusion. I have no horse in this race, I've never rooted for or against Michigan or Ohio State. But objectively I find this yet another example of people on the internet coming to their own conclusions and then shaping the bits and pieces at their access to fit said conclusion. It's just sad really. He's a high school kid, and one that [unless I'm mistaken] has no reputation for being a troublemaker. Hard to believe to many people are willing to label the kid as a prima donna and beyond retribution already. :thumbup:
I'm a Michigan fan and have been following for obvious reasons. Some of what you're saying is probably true....it's media driven. However, the kid did not shy away from the media at any point during the process and seemed to have no problem at all feeding that monster. I agree, he seems like a decent kid and I don't wish badly against him by any means, but if he really didn't like the attention as he told us over and over and over again, why did we keep seeing him and hearing from him? The media are whores and will never be responsible in these situations, it's up to the kid and his parents to stop it.I hope he has a hard time against Michigan in both football and basketball, but other than that I have no problem with him setting college records and having a great career.

:lmao:
:thumbup: Todd Boeckman deciding not to play in 2008? :thumbup:
So Boeckman is going to start? That sounds more like Jim Tressel, glad to hear it. Pryor will be a better QB as a result.

Rodriguez' offense doesnt necessarily bode well for the next level either. I think he realizes long term that going to OSU will give him the best opportunity in the league.
I think my greatest fear as a Michigan fan is coming to fruitition.One thing I loved about Michigan is that it prepared every position for the next level ... now that's a big ??? ..especially at QB.Also , I loved the fact that Michigan would always have a great WR .. there is a long history of the #1 Jersey in Ann Arbor ...now i can't see that tradition continue.With Rich Rod putting all his eggs into landing Pryor , it was doomed from the beginning./hijack
RichRod hasn't coached 1 game yet and you're greatest fear is coming to fruition?The spread offense is not contingent on a running QB. There are many different ways it can be played.You obviously didn't pay much attention to the recruits Michigan got (and stole from others :excited: ). They got a few of the better stud wr's in this class, all with one common theme.....SPEED.Whether all the eggs were in the Pryor basket remains to be seen.
I think you either misread or "didn't pay much attention" to my meaning of my post...It does not take even 1 game on the field to see that the Rich Rod Offense is not designed to highlight the WR ... so even if they do get great recuits at that position , I find it hard to believe that they will have great success ... especially with the dire situation at QB going on now. And Rich Rod coaching a QB to play / succeed at the next level is something that never happened.But ... I also feel that Michigan can continue the winning tradition but not in the form / style I have grown to love.

:2cents:
:excited: Todd Boeckman deciding not to play in 2008? :banned:
So Boeckman is going to start? That sounds more like Jim Tressel, glad to hear it. Pryor will be a better QB as a result.
He's a senior, was the Big Ten's 1st team QB last year, and led the league in passer rating while leading Ohio State to a BCS berth. Why on Earth would Tressel bench him? :loco:

Wu-banger said:
Rodriguez' offense doesnt necessarily bode well for the next level either. I think he realizes long term that going to OSU will give him the best opportunity in the league.
I think my greatest fear as a Michigan fan is coming to fruitition.One thing I loved about Michigan is that it prepared every position for the next level ... now that's a big ??? ..especially at QB.Also , I loved the fact that Michigan would always have a great WR .. there is a long history of the #1 Jersey in Ann Arbor ...now i can't see that tradition continue.With Rich Rod putting all his eggs into landing Pryor , it was doomed from the beginning./hijack
RichRod hasn't coached 1 game yet and you're greatest fear is coming to fruition?The spread offense is not contingent on a running QB. There are many different ways it can be played.You obviously didn't pay much attention to the recruits Michigan got (and stole from others :lmao: ). They got a few of the better stud wr's in this class, all with one common theme.....SPEED.Whether all the eggs were in the Pryor basket remains to be seen.
I think you either misread or "didn't pay much attention" to my meaning of my post...It does not take even 1 game on the field to see that the Rich Rod Offense is not designed to highlight the WR ... so even if they do get great recuits at that position , I find it hard to believe that they will have great success ... especially with the dire situation at QB going on now. And Rich Rod coaching a QB to play / succeed at the next level is something that never happened.But ... I also feel that Michigan can continue the winning tradition but not in the form / style I have grown to love.
We are both Michigan fans but we've got a VERY different outlook on Michigan Football. My glass is half full :unsure:

:pokey: at Wolverine fans on the Detroit Free Press message boards acting as if they never wanted the kid. How can you rip a kid for going to a school that's in a BCS game every year and from all accounts has the best facilities in the country?

OSU can have him. I think he is a troublemaker and a fraud. Delaying his decision so he could visit other schools. What other schools did he visit? The corvette picture. Involved in post game fight. If he's as good as the scouts say he is, we'll only have to face him for two years. He won't start this season. And if he is the next Vince Young, he'll be gone after his junior season. Meahwhile UM and OSU will be recruiting the next Tyrelle Pryor. It's not the end of the world for UM and not the greatest thing since sliced bread for OSU.
I thought all along he was a drama queen and didn't want him at Michigan. I think his actions prove that he is a distraction. That is definitely something Michigan doesn't need this year. I hope OSU enjoys him and keep his nose a little lower and out of trouble. I'ld hate for them to lose another promising athelete like Maurice Clarett.
Good, they can have him, him and his huge ego. I hope they enjoy someone who thinks he is larger than the game, I hope this is the downfall of the sweater vest. GO BLUE
Sure it would have been nice to land him, especially with Coach Rod's offense; however, he did not fit the mold of a Michigan Man. Even though college scouts and coaches were hitting him at all angles, drawing out his decision was a complete farce. There is no player above the program, and he has always been in a "me first" environment. On another note, I swear that Jim Tressell was my flight attendant on a trip out of Detroit last week. I had to turn my cell phone off, or I would have captured a picture. Maybe that's how he gets around to all those recruits....
beelzebufo, AKA FARKMUNCHER-blah blah blah. Same garbage. OSU recruited this punk for 2 1/2 years. We recruited him for three months. So what. One player does not a team make. We have a great defense, and a lot of talented guys on offense. Michigan will have a fine season. One other thing.....the kid said it wasn't his idea to be made the #1 player in the nation....but it WAS his idea to drag this thing out, hold press conferences...be photographed by the national media....full of baloney. We'll see you in Michigan Stadium in November, 2009, lying on your sorry butt. GO BLUE!!

:shrug: at Wolverine fans on the Detroit Free Press message boards acting as if they never wanted the kid. How can you rip a kid for going to a school that's in a BCS game every year and from all accounts has the best facilities in the country?

OSU can have him. I think he is a troublemaker and a fraud. Delaying his decision so he could visit other schools. What other schools did he visit? The corvette picture. Involved in post game fight. If he's as good as the scouts say he is, we'll only have to face him for two years. He won't start this season. And if he is the next Vince Young, he'll be gone after his junior season. Meahwhile UM and OSU will be recruiting the next Tyrelle Pryor. It's not the end of the world for UM and not the greatest thing since sliced bread for OSU.
I thought all along he was a drama queen and didn't want him at Michigan. I think his actions prove that he is a distraction. That is definitely something Michigan doesn't need this year. I hope OSU enjoys him and keep his nose a little lower and out of trouble. I'ld hate for them to lose another promising athelete like Maurice Clarett.
Good, they can have him, him and his huge ego. I hope they enjoy someone who thinks he is larger than the game, I hope this is the downfall of the sweater vest. GO BLUE
Sure it would have been nice to land him, especially with Coach Rod's offense; however, he did not fit the mold of a Michigan Man. Even though college scouts and coaches were hitting him at all angles, drawing out his decision was a complete farce. There is no player above the program, and he has always been in a "me first" environment. On another note, I swear that Jim Tressell was my flight attendant on a trip out of Detroit last week. I had to turn my cell phone off, or I would have captured a picture. Maybe that's how he gets around to all those recruits....
beelzebufo, AKA FARKMUNCHER-blah blah blah. Same garbage. OSU recruited this punk for 2 1/2 years. We recruited him for three months. So what. One player does not a team make. We have a great defense, and a lot of talented guys on offense. Michigan will have a fine season. One other thing.....the kid said it wasn't his idea to be made the #1 player in the nation....but it WAS his idea to drag this thing out, hold press conferences...be photographed by the national media....full of baloney. We'll see you in Michigan Stadium in November, 2009, lying on your sorry butt. GO BLUE!!
CLASSIC!!!

On a lighter side, they may have to adjust the playbook at first. Apparently, when announcing his intentions, he put on on an OSU hat and declared,

"I'm going to THE university of Ohio State".

:blackdot:

Ohio State Buckeyes to see Terrelle Pryor on the field soon Thursday, March 20, 2008Doug LesmerisesPlain Dealer Reporter Terrelle Pryor will play at Ohio State. This season. "The thing you need to do as a coaching staff is get the people on the field that can make plays and design things for what people are ready to do," Ohio State coach Jim Tressel said Wednesday after Pryor signed his National Letter of Intent with Ohio State. "He's excited about learning the offense and he's excited about helping any way he can. He has great respect for Todd Boeckman and all the rest of the guys. "I think everyone is aware of the fact that he has the kind of ability that once he understands the system and knows opposing defenses and all the rest, then he's going to have a chance to express his physical abilities and his playmaking ability. No question about it, you try to find as many ways you can to get playmakers into the ballgame." How? Easy. It's been done before. Two years ago, Florida used a solid senior starter and flashy freshman backup at quarterback and beat Ohio State in the national title game. Chris Leak combined for 442 passes and rushes, while Tim Tebow had one-fourth as many and was in games overall for about a dozen snaps. Boeckman, a senior and returning starter, and Pryor could step right into those roles. "If I can get 10 or 15 snaps a game or whatever, I would be proud and happy," Pryor told reporters at his high school in Jeannette, Pa. "I'm going to make something happen, I promise you that." Every coach who has worked with a freshman quarterback says the key is simplifying the playbook. So Pryor could have a set of plays for him, maybe near the goal line or in short yardage. "I know that on some of the runs I can help, give the defense something else to look at," Pryor said. "Coach Tress is a smart guy." But Tressel, who morphs his offense each year to fit his talent, won't be drawing up new plays on the Ohio Stadium turf. "We won't have to add a whole bunch," Tressel said, "because there isn't a whole lot we already don't do." Backups Antonio Henton and Joe Bauserman also remain in the mix, and Tressel expects them to compete for playing time as well. But neither of them were ranked as the No. 1 recruit in the country. "He didn't want you to promise him that. He didn't want to necessarily go to where they said 'Hey, you're the guy,' because he's very sensitive to his teammates," Tressel said. "He wants to earn everything he gets with his teammates. "But I know he has a passion to make it impossible for us not to put him in the football game. I love guys that have that outlook." To reach this Plain Dealer reporter: dlesmerises@plaind.com, 216-999-4479

Wu-banger said:
It does not take even 1 game on the field to see that the Rich Rod Offense is not designed to highlight the WR ... so even if they do get great recuits at that position , I find it hard to believe that they will have great success ... especially with the dire situation at QB going on now. And Rich Rod coaching a QB to play / succeed at the next level is something that never happened.
Shaun King played at the next level and had at least on decent season. As the OC at Tuane that year a version of that offense that is not designed to highlight the WR had 2 1000 yard WRs and no 1000 yard rushers. Obviously with Pat White they ran a spread option offense that was very limited when it came to the passing game, but maybe it was because limiting the passing was not only a reflection of PW passing skills, but the fact that is was effective. They did get a great WR prospect in Darryl Stonum who may be getting a #1 jersey at some point.The only way this wasn't going to be a bumpy transition is if they would have brought in Les Miles. They didn't get that done so there is going to be a transition period. Not getting TP isn't the end of the world and if they do well it may be a better way to show future recruits that Michigan will play to the strengths of the team rather than the perception that there is only one way the offense will be run.

Coach Bill Stewart is over his head I'm afraid. The University hired based on emotions and that's not good business.
This is good stuff. :excited:
Just mine and a few other's opinions.For example:

WVU booster and co-owner of the Arizona Diamondback Ken Kendrick, however, was unhappy with the hiring of Stewart. An outspoken supporter of Rodriguez, Kendrick called Stewart "overmatched" and said that he was "very concerned" for the future of WVU football.
Gotta agree. WVU isn't going to win another BCS bowl game as long as Stewart is the head coach.Ohio State and Michigan will win each win one in the next few years.
wowWhat is Michigan in bowls in the past 10 years? 3-7?

:banned:

Rodriguez offense in Michigan seemed like the better fit football wise. :thumbdown:
Not at producing NFL quarterbacks.
Historically, yes. But comparing Rich Rod's offensive system to what's come before in Michigan is like saying Bill Callahan's Cornhusker offensive lineman are going to be NFL greats because they're from Nebraska.
Shaun King is better than any QB to come out of Ohio State since Jim Tressel took over in Columbus. I'm also betting that RR will be able to recruit much better quality prospects at the QB spot than he did while at...Tulane (or WVU for that matter). He's an offense mind that isn't just about the spreadRUN game. He's a bright enough coach to know that he'll win if he makes his system fit the personal and he did that at West Virginia. You won't see the same offense with Michigan's recruits that we saw at West Virginia with their talent.And yes, I did expect Callahan to produce decent NFL prospects along the offensive line while he was at Nebraska. That was part of his background - offensive line coach at various stops along the way. With the Raiders Lincoln Kennedy and Steve Wisniewski both made the Pro-Bowl while he was there.

My point being - the school does play in role in what type of players go there. Schools like Nebraska or Wisconsin won't have problems finding offensive lineman who they can mold into great players. It fits their recruiting base. RR won't have any problems molding QB's at Michigan who can succeed at the next level and he should have much more success doing so than Ohio State will. Terrelle Pryor would have been much better served by attending Michigan imo.
:exellentposting:RR will fit his system to his players. He will do well at UM. It will take 3 years until UM is back int he BCS bowls. He will have success I bet, but not wished from me.

No offense, but then you havnt followed Pryor. He gets into fights at basketball games and taunts opponents. Its all on video if you want to go and find it.

:lmao: He had the maturity to have a press conference on signing day to let everyone know he wasn't making his decision yet. That's not prima donna at all.
He was the #1 recruit in the nation and had ESPN following him around that day. His decision was on the front page of ESPN.com; having the press conference was a foregone conclusion. I have no horse in this race, I've never rooted for or against Michigan or Ohio State. But objectively I find this yet another example of people on the internet coming to their own conclusions and then shaping the bits and pieces at their access to fit said conclusion. It's just sad really. He's a high school kid, and one that [unless I'm mistaken] has no reputation for being a troublemaker. Hard to believe to many people are willing to label the kid as a prima donna and beyond retribution already. :goodposting:
I'm a Michigan fan and have been following for obvious reasons. Some of what you're saying is probably true....it's media driven. However, the kid did not shy away from the media at any point during the process and seemed to have no problem at all feeding that monster. I agree, he seems like a decent kid and I don't wish badly against him by any means, but if he really didn't like the attention as he told us over and over and over again, why did we keep seeing him and hearing from him? The media are whores and will never be responsible in these situations, it's up to the kid and his parents to stop it.I hope he has a hard time against Michigan in both football and basketball, but other than that I have no problem with him setting college records and having a great career.
He is not a decent kid. I recommend you do some reading.

Coach Bill Stewart is over his head I'm afraid. The University hired based on emotions and that's not good business.
This is good stuff. :goodposting:

WVU booster and co-owner of the Arizona Diamondback Ken Kendrick, however, was unhappy with the hiring of Stewart. An outspoken supporter of Rodriguez, Kendrick called Stewart "overmatched" and said that he was "very concerned" for the future of WVU football.
Gotta agree. WVU isn't going to win another BCS bowl game as long as Stewart is the head coach.Ohio State and Michigan will win each win one in the next few years.

Great post.Michigan actually has gone to a bowl the last 10 years. The same can not be said for WVU. Michigan in the last 10 bowls is 5-5. WVU is 4-6

:shock:

LAUNCH said:
It does not take even 1 game on the field to see that the Rich Rod Offense is not designed to highlight the WR ... so even if they do get great recuits at that position , I find it hard to believe that they will have great success ... especially with the dire situation at QB going on now. And Rich Rod coaching a QB to play / succeed at the next level is something that never happened.
Shaun King played at the next level and had at least on decent season. As the OC at Tuane that year a version of that offense that is not designed to highlight the WR had 2 1000 yard WRs and no 1000 yard rushers. Obviously with Pat White they ran a spread option offense that was very limited when it came to the passing game, but maybe it was because limiting the passing was not only a reflection of PW passing skills, but the fact that is was effective. They did get a great WR prospect in Darryl Stonum who may be getting a #1 jersey at some point.The only way this wasn't going to be a bumpy transition is if they would have brought in Les Miles. They didn't get that done so there is going to be a transition period. Not getting TP isn't the end of the world and if they do well it may be a better way to show future recruits that Michigan will play to the strengths of the team rather than the perception that there is only one way the offense will be run.
As biased as I am about WVU, this is good posting. RR is an X/O's guy and will shape and mold the offense to the players around him. UM will do well once they implement the zone blocking scheme and RR gets the recruits he is looking for. If you want to see some impressive %'s, check out WVU's O/D line weights to 2005 UGA nd 2007 OU.RR = speed speed speed speed

This is good stuff. :blackdot:

Great post.Michigan actually has gone to a bowl the last 10 years. The same can not be said for WVU. Michigan in the last 10 bowls is 5-5. WVU is 4-6

youre rightI was thinking since 2002 ... 2-5

What is UM's all time record in the Rose Bowl?

How many BCS bowl games has UM won?

Look, UM is the winningst team in history. I cannot take anything away from them. I can say they have not had much success in bowl games in the last few years. Same as ND and tOSU

This is good stuff. :hifive:

youre rightI was thinking since 2002 ... 2-5

What is UM's all time record in the Rose Bowl?

How many BCS bowl games has UM won?

Look, UM is the winningst team in history. I cannot take anything away from them. I can say they have not had much success in bowl games in the last few years. Same as ND and tOSU
Why don't you just pipe down WV honk. Your jealousy really shines through in your posts.You're not worth my time.

This is good stuff. :goodposting:

:yes:

:eek:
:lmao: And now you have WVU's old coach that helped compile that record. Awesome. Let's see, RR didn't coach his team in the Fiesta Bowl this year, so that means he went 2-3 coaching in bowl games while at WVU. But go ahead and continue to talk about how bad WVU has been recently. :lmao:

No offense, but then you havnt followed Pryor. He gets into fights at basketball games and taunts opponents. Its all on video if you want to go and find it.
I tried looking for the video but couldn't find it. I did find a couple of articles. One about his team getting into a fight against North Catholic after a game and Pryor being restrained, and the other one about Pryor going over and getting into it with the student section against South Fayette after being harassed so vulgarly the entire game that two students had to be ejected by police. So it sounds like he needs to grow a thicker skin and not get into it with fans or opponents, but if that's the worst of it, I think we can probably stop calling him a bad kid. I mean seriously, if those are the only two incidents, it sounds a lot more like he's a 17 year old kid that needs to grow up a bit and get a thicker skin than Terrelle Pryor is a bad apple.

Like I said, this kid is no OJ Mayo.

Rodriguez offense in Michigan seemed like the better fit football wise. :thumbup:
Which makes me think he does not think he is good enough to make Michigan > Ohio State.
One of the few things I agree with you about.If he's as great as everyone says......he goes where he wants and makes the team great. He comes to where he wants.....any other people follow because they want to play with him.Seems like a sheep and not a wolf.
That's a big reach. By all acounts Ohio State is where he wanted to go all along. Being a sheep would've been selecting a school because they have an offense that fits your skill set or selecting the school your father wants you to go. At the end of the day, it looks like this kid made his own decision.
That's what I gathered from everything I'd read as well. Ohio State has always been his 1st choice. He entertained Penn St. for his father, and Michigan and Oregon for their systems, but Ohio State was his favorite. For someone who's said on a few occasions that he doesn't like the attention, he sure made some attention whoring moves in this process.
I think that's the only thing we truly know about this process.

That's one way of looking at it I guess.

:bag: He had the maturity to have a press conference on signing day to let everyone know he wasn't making his decision yet. That's not prima donna at all.
He was the #1 recruit in the nation and had ESPN following him around that day. His decision was on the front page of ESPN.com; having the press conference was a foregone conclusion. I have no horse in this race, I've never rooted for or against Michigan or Ohio State. But objectively I find this yet another example of people on the internet coming to their own conclusions and then shaping the bits and pieces at their access to fit said conclusion. It's just sad really. He's a high school kid, and one that [unless I'm mistaken] has no reputation for being a troublemaker. Hard to believe to many people are willing to label the kid as a prima donna and beyond retribution already. :thumbup:
Isn't that what you're doing?

:D
I guess Pryor is coming to OSU for basketball then????? Greg plays point for the Blue Devils.Think Mcfadden and Tebow for next season that's how OSU will use Pryor and Tress will leak out rumors that he's going to red shirt the kid, but he's going to have his own play sets for next season. OSU has a lot of Juniors/Seniors at the skill postions, so the time is now to use him in that type of formations and develop him for later. I was okay if he came to OSU or "anywhere" but Michigan. I'm in the Henton camp myself.

I think Pryor should be given the chance to compete with Henton. I just hope Henton does not transfer at this point. Todd is the starter for sure.

Michigan will be fine and most likely faster than people think. RR can recruit and is a coach players love to play for and change always breeds excitement. The loss of Mallet really does not hurt since he does not fit the offense and Mannignham was gone regardless. Jake Long will be the biggest loss for UM,but it's Michigan people and really Michigan recruits Michigan and linemen will be attracted to Michigan along with other players that fit RR offense.

Pryor and Ron Paulus(Notre Dame) are totally different animals and if your talking about hype like Beano saying the kid would win 2 heisman trophies and then he flopped, well that might happen and it might not. Tress recruits players he can work with and I trust his judgement. My opinion is the O-line recruits as a whole was more important than Pryor.

Mo Clarett has been more the exception than the rule and I trust Tress.
Oh God.. Obviously not one of my better posts. :shrug: I was actually asking myself - Is it Ron or Greg that's with Duke now? :lmao: :no:

This is from today's Columbus Dispatch. "Bipolar" is not the best way to describe a future hall of fame QB. Those not familiar with the Columbus Dispatch, this would be about like Pravda reporting a negative story about the Kremlin in the 1960's. It just doesn't happen unless there is genuinely smoke.

Rob Oller commentary: Dual threat or double trouble

Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:37 AM

By Rob Oller

JEANNETTE, Pa. -- The hilly streets where Terrelle Pryor walks surprise you with how quickly they change direction. They twist left then immediately turn right, rise sharply up one block and tumble down another.

The roller-coaster roads are not unlike the player himself, who can switch from shy student to angry athlete at a moment's notice. With Pryor, you know what you're getting on the football field -- a tremendous talent who is the No. 1-ranked recruit in the nation -- but not necessarily what you're getting the rest of the time.

Ohio State fans are excited that Pryor is leaving these rolling streets of western Pennsylvania for Columbus. They just don't want the Buckeyes' grand prize traveling a bumpy road once he arrives.

It is the great unknown -- what kind of kid are the Buckeyes getting? It is the great fear -- that what they're getting is another high-maintenance freshman.

"I'm not going to be trouble," Pryor promised yesterday outside Jeannette High School after signing to play for the Buckeyes.

Heaven knows Ohio State doesn't need another headache on its hands, which is why heads have been shaking since well before Pryor pulled out a block "O" ball cap and announced he would attend Ohio State.

Even Pryor's high school coach, Ray Reitz, admitted that "he's going to need to repair his image."

I've been asked more than a few times whether even a gifted player such as Pryor is worth the risk. The quick answer is absolutely.

A thoroughbred can be taught to trot, but a trail horse will never win the Kentucky Derby. More important, the risk actually might be quite small.

"He is grossly misunderstood," Ohio State coach Jim Tressel said.

The majority of angst stems from Feb. 6 -- national signing day -- when Pryor had a news conference to announce he was delaying his decision until who knows when. Critics skewered the 6-foot-6, 230-pound quarterback for playing the part of prep prima donna.

But what if Pryor was simply being a typically confused 18-year-old? Or, as he says, wanted to concentrate on his basketball season? Or, perhaps, given his mood swings -- "(teammates) call me bipolar," he said -- he was acting upon the sensitive side of his personality by putting off the inevitable rejection of all but one school.

"I shouldn't feel bad now, but I feel bad because I said 'no' to Michigan," Pryor said, adding that he feels like he disappointed Wolverines coach Rich Rodriguez. He even apologized to a reporter from Detroit who drove 5 1/2 hours to cover the news conference.

The young man has a good heart.

But also a hot head.

"I don't believe he has a mean streak. A temper, yes, but he's not going to hurt anybody," said Pryor's mother, Toni. "He's stubborn and opinionated, about anything."

His father, Craig, added, "He was always taught to stand up for himself and never let people get in his way."

Finally, this from teammate Michael Matt, who has known Pryor since the first grade: "He's a shy kid, not cocky at all."

But is he high maintenance?

"Maybe a little bit," Matt said.

Those comments could send a shudder through Buckeye Nation. After all, wasn't Maurice Clarett opinionated? Didn't he see right through people's agendas? And wasn't he the "caring" one who raised a stink when OSU refused to fly him home to attend a friend's funeral the week of the 2002 national championship game?

Yes to all of the above, but a distinction needs to be drawn and the benefit of the doubt given. Pryor should not be saddled with the sins committed by headstrong players who preceded him -- and he certainly should not in any way be linked to the post-Ohio State Clarett. "As his excellence bloomed … you get put on that pedestal and people take shots at you," Tressel said of Pryor.

Save the shots for if something actually bad happens. And hopefully it never does. Nobody wants to go down that road again.

Rob Oller is a sports reporter for The Dispatch.

roller@dispatch.com

This is from today's Columbus Dispatch. "Bipolar" is not the best way to describe a future hall of fame QB. Those not familiar with the Columbus Dispatch, this would be about like Pravda reporting a negative story about the Kremlin in the 1960's. It just doesn't happen unless there is genuinely smoke.Rob Oller commentary: Dual threat or double troubleThursday, March 20, 2008 3:37 AM By Rob Oller JEANNETTE, Pa. -- The hilly streets where Terrelle Pryor walks surprise you with how quickly they change direction. They twist left then immediately turn right, rise sharply up one block and tumble down another....Save the shots for if something actually bad happens. And hopefully it never does. Nobody wants to go down that road again.Rob Oller is a sports reporter for The Dispatch.roller@dispatch.com
Rob Oller and Bob Hunter articles are almost always negatively slanted, and criticism of Ohio State is common in the Dispatch, especially from those 2.That said, this may very well be an accurate article - time will tell.

I tried looking for the video but couldn't find it. I did find a couple of articles. One about his team getting into a fight against North Catholic after a game and Pryor being restrained, and the other one about Pryor going over and getting into it with the student section against South Fayette after being harassed so vulgarly the entire game that two students had to be ejected by police. So it sounds like he needs to grow a thicker skin and not get into it with fans or opponents, but if that's the worst of it, I think we can probably stop calling him a bad kid. I mean seriously, if those are the only two incidents, it sounds a lot more like he's a 17 year old kid that needs to grow up a bit and get a thicker skin than Terrelle Pryor is a bad apple.

Like I said, this kid is no OJ Mayo.
Those are the incidents. Take an opportunity to read both side of those stories, it sounds like you only got one side.TP is an amazing athlete. If he can keep it together, and be coached, he is going to be special.

I root for tOSU, but 100$ says that kid is involved in AT LEAST 1 offseason incident unless someone intervenes. He's a hothead, and will be an easily recognized (and targeted) individual on and off campus.

I'm a Michigan alum and I'm shaking my head at all of the Michigan fans that are bashing Pryor now that he committed to the Buckeyes. "We never wanted him, he's a headcase, etc..."

This kid will probably turn out to be the best QB ever at OSU. If we had problems with Troy Smith, I can't imagine how bad this kid could hurt us for the next few years. He may not be NFL material but he is a lock to be a college stud. I knew he would likely pick Ohio State, but I was hoping that he might go with Michigan or at least pick a school outside the Big 10. But no, he's a Buckeye now and once again Tressel outrecruits the Wolverines. Hats off to them and hopefully Michigan can eventually field a defense that can contain a mobile QB.

I'm a Michigan alum and I'm shaking my head at all of the Michigan fans that are bashing Pryor now that he committed to the Buckeyes. "We never wanted him, he's a headcase, etc..." This kid will probably turn out to be the best QB ever at OSU. If we had problems with Troy Smith, I can't imagine how bad this kid could hurt us for the next few years. He may not be NFL material but he is a lock to be a college stud. I knew he would likely pick Ohio State, but I was hoping that he might go with Michigan or at least pick a school outside the Big 10. But no, he's a Buckeye now and once again Tressel outrecruits the Wolverines. Hats off to them and hopefully Michigan can eventually field a defense that can contain a mobile QB.
Very :)

duece2626 said:
TwinTurbo said:
I'm a Michigan alum and I'm shaking my head at all of the Michigan fans that are bashing Pryor now that he committed to the Buckeyes. "We never wanted him, he's a headcase, etc..." This kid will probably turn out to be the best QB ever at OSU. If we had problems with Troy Smith, I can't imagine how bad this kid could hurt us for the next few years. He may not be NFL material but he is a lock to be a college stud. I knew he would likely pick Ohio State, but I was hoping that he might go with Michigan or at least pick a school outside the Big 10. But no, he's a Buckeye now and once again Tressel outrecruits the Wolverines. Hats off to them and hopefully Michigan can eventually field a defense that can contain a mobile QB.
Very :popcorn:
OSU was the frontrunner all along. Michigan was not even a Top 10 for Pryor before RR came, then they became a final two_OSU has won 5 of 6 since Tressel. OSU lost 10 of 11 before. They have the hot hand right now..kudos.I personally did not like when Michigan was dominating OSU for over a decade, the rivalry needs competiton to survive.

Users who are viewing this thread