What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

That show Heroes, is being brought back from the dead apparently (1 Viewer)

I loved Heroes in season 1. I thought it had potential to be an incredible series. But it swiftly went downhill from there.

Hey, when none of your shows can draw better than The Talking Dead (not the zombie show, the talking about the zombie show show) during sweeps week, you pull out all the stops.

This show took a lot of flack for Season 2 not being as good as Season 1, but I think it deserved a little bit of slack because the plot lines in that sophomore season got really butchered because of the writers strike that year. The third season with Robert Forster was pretty strong and Season 4 had a lot of interesting threads as well. A lot of haters in here.

Just following their plotline of every damn character coming back from the dead in every season
:goodposting:

The show had a great first season, loved the show. The biggest problem was that they let Sylar get away and not die. They kill him and the show may have gone on to stay good, but once they let him live it all fell apart. Too many undefeatable characters that never died got silly. Too bad, because that first season was really, really good.

By the way, how the heck are good posting and some of the most common smilies on the 4th page of them?

This show almost had a good first season. The season one finale sucked and so did everything else that followed. I completely gave up on the show when two characters, I think it was Peter and Sylar, were supposed to have an epic fight, and all they showed was a bunch of light and noise behind a closed door. Man, just thinking about that has renewed my hate for this awful show. Stay dead Heroes.

OC Zed said:
This show took a lot of flack for Season 2 not being as good as Season 1, but I think it deserved a little bit of slack because the plot lines in that sophomore season got really butchered because of the writers strike that year. The third season with Robert Forster was pretty strong and Season 4 had a lot of interesting threads as well. A lot of haters in here.
i agree

the second season was building, maybe it would have been good maybe not, then it all went to hell

Loved most of Heroes. The whole circus thing was pretty lame though. I'm glad shows like 24 and Heroes are coming back. Problem is it doesn't look like they are going to be given enough of a chance with these shortened seasons. Why do we have to suffer because of others short attention spans? 13 episode seasons suck.

The first season was pretty entertaining, the rest of the series was a mess. IIRC, this show fell victim to the writer strike. Thy had a 4 season arc for the characters and the series plot line. Most of what they had planned for s2 and on was drastically changed due to the strike.

Loved most of Heroes. The whole circus thing was pretty lame though. I'm glad shows like 24 and Heroes are coming back. Problem is it doesn't look like they are going to be given enough of a chance with these shortened seasons. Why do we have to suffer because of others short attention spans? 13 episode seasons suck.
I don't know, shortened seasons seem to always be written better to me.

I would be very in favor of more total shows and less episodes of each show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just following their plotline of every damn character coming back from the dead in every season
:goodposting:

The show had a great first season, loved the show. The biggest problem was that they let Sylar get away and not die.
Yup. I enjoyed everything about the first season until that moment in the season finale. The show pretty much went straight in the toilet after that. I also thought they butchered Peter's character starting in Season 2 his father stole his powers. Really good first season for the most part, though, but ultimately another show with a great premise that didn't know what to do with itself.

This could actually work. At it's peak it was good TV and had a huge viewer base. I gave up on it somewhere in season 3 but I would definitely be open to giving it another shot.

Man, NBC is desperate.
You should probably click the article.
If people are too lazy to copy and past the article, I'm too lazy to click the link.
And you turned out to be right. It looks like it's back because NBC is desperate.

They brought back Michael J. Fox, they're bringing back Cosby. They looked into bringing back Murder, She Wrote and Roseanne Barr. They were looking into a "Money Pit" series too.

Bringing back an idea that's only half a decade old, is pretty fresh for NBC these days.

Pretty crazy, really, since NBC is the only network that's been pretty consistently putting out great TV over the last few years. 30 Rock, Parks, Office, Friday Night Lights, Chuck, Parenthood, Community.....they couldn't get anybody to watch most of them, but creatively, a fantastic run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely disagree. Putting out 24 episode seasons is the very reason why Kim Bauer gets chased by mountain lions. It is too much air time to fill with consistently good writing and character development so you end up with a bunch of stupid nonsense drowning out the good content.

So, this #### is actually happening.

Mash here
I'll be in for it. The first season was awesome, until the let Sylar live. IMHO, that one decision ruined the rest of the show.
This was the downfall. If they kill off Sylar, the show doesn't drag at all. If they work it this time like the thought was last time... bringing in new characters each season and/or having characters only on for a season or two... it could work better. Keeping the characters grounded would work out much better as well.

People coming back? Claire and Hero would be good. Horned Rimmed too. Anyone else in a cameo or something would be fine but those first two could be decent building blocks. Maybe bring the artist dude back... he was good for foreshadowing and had an original type background.

Users who are viewing this thread