What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 100 Greatest Songs of 1974 #15. Fountain of Sorrow (7 Viewers)

17. Joni Mitchell “Free Man In Paris” (from Court and Spark)

Mitchell’s tribute to David Geffen (or perhaps it’s a sly mockery) is one of her greatest songs. Geffen was considered a ruthless businessman 50 years ago, except perhaps to his closest friends; he had roughly the same reputation that Scooter Braun has today. (Braun regards Geffen as his mentor in the music business.)

17. Joni Mitchell “Free Man In Paris” (from Court and Spark)

Mitchell’s tribute to David Geffen (or perhaps it’s a sly mockery) is one of her greatest songs. Geffen was considered a ruthless businessman 50 years ago, except perhaps to his closest friends; he had roughly the same reputation that Scooter Braun has today. (Braun regards Geffen as his mentor in the music business.)
You don’t get to be a billionaire without being ruthless. Unless you inherit billions, which means your ancestor was ruthless.

This too should have been higher (Binky: lower). The two hits from Court and Spark are among the very best songs of the 70s regardless of genre.

I have seen this performed live … by Phish.

15. Jackson Browne “Fountain of Sorrow” (from Late For the Sky)

I’ve been a fairly big fan of Jackson Browne’s early material over the years (from his first 3 albums), and this song just might be the best of it. So well written, such great introspective lyrics. I don’t get tired of this.

Users who are viewing this thread