What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 2022 NFL Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
Well here we are - second Christmas has arrived again. A renewal of hope for all NFL teams and for the fans we cannot wait to see what the draft pick presents will bring this year for our favourite teams and ultimately for our fantasy football teams.

For the hours leading up to the draft - please feel free to post any news, rumours or your thoughts on which players teams should be drafting or avoiding at all costs. 

Once the draft is underway then we can switch over to a running commentary on the draft.

Tagging @Bracie Smathers here because of the information that he is already sourcing today.

Last edited by a moderator:
information that he is already sourcing today.
Rumors.

------------

Steelers Depot 7⃣@Steelersdepot
Ravens Expected To Be A Team Interested In Trading Up, With Kayvon Thibodeaux A Target https://steelersdepot.com/2022/04/ravens-expected-to-be-a-team-interested-in-trading-up-with-kayvon-thibodeaux-a-target/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter #Steelers

----------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Schottey@Schottey

Source close to the situation in Jacksonville tells me that Travon Walker will be the pick tomorrow night.

-------------------------------------

Poste em if you got em.

Look for this name tomorrow night.

Many teams showing interest.

--------------------------------------------------------

Aaron Wilson

@AaronWilson_NFL

Wisconsin safety Scott Nelson (4.38, 39.5 vertical), a rising Day 3 draft target, had virtual meeting today with 49ers, per league source. Previously had Zooms with Bengals, Dolphins, Steelers, Chargers, Broncos, Texans; worked out privately for Lions, Packers

------------------------

👇 This tweet 👇 hints we can expect a lot of surprise picks indicating 'chalk' players mocked high will be selected later.

--------------------------------------------------

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

One veteran front-office executive this morning: “This is the craziest draft I’ve seen in 30 years.”

This rumor 'could' shake up the draft.

Jets trade for Debo.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Vincent Frank@VincentFrankNFL

Jets offered 10th, 35th, 99th, 2023 2nd and Elijah Moore...49ers waiting

------------------------------------------------------

Moore is the hold up. 49ers wanted him last year...and won't make the deal without him.

-------------------------------

People always attack a source they don't know so here's Vincent's bio for the skeptics.

-----------------------------

@VincentFrankNFL

Managing editor at Sportsnaut, Vegas Sports Today. Contributor Forbes. Heard on ESPN and Fox Sports. Previous: Yahoo!, PFF, Bleacher Report.

Brock Burgan@PackersBurgan

Chris Olave mentions that he’s had a “lot” of conversations with the #Packers Says Aaron Rodgers is the “best quarterback ever” (via

@ZachGelb

of CBSSports)

👇 This tweet 👇 hints we can expect a lot of surprise picks indicating 'chalk' players mocked high will be selected later.

--------------------------------------------------

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

One veteran front-office executive this morning: “This is the craziest draft I’ve seen in 30 years.”
NFL draft: Information teams have creates disparity with media, fans

... NFL draft: Information teams have creates disparity with media, fans (usatoday.com)

Brent Sobleski@brentsobleski

Certain aspects of the draft simply can't be accounted for:

• - Full medical evals never become available
  • - Off-field issues aren't always public
  • - Interviews play a huge role
  • - Teams never have 32 1st-rnd grades. Usually only 100-150 draftable grades
  • - System-specific traits vary
...information often trumps that but may not be known to the general public. For example, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah’s heart concern did not surface until he started to fall.

Earlier we shared that DE George Karlaftis could fall for unknown reasons 

Jets trade for Debo.

Moore is the hold up. 49ers wanted him last year...and won't make the deal without him.

People always attack a source they don't know so here's Vincent's bio for the skeptics.

@VincentFrankNFL

Managing editor at Sportsnaut, Vegas Sports Today. Contributor Forbes. Heard on ESPN and Fox Sports. Previous: Yahoo!, PFF, Bleacher Report.
Hoping not to see Moore sent to 49ers. He's got more promise than what that offense offers. 

Chris Olave mentions that he’s had a “lot” of conversations with the #Packers Says Aaron Rodgers is the “best quarterback ever” (via

@ZachGelb

of CBSSports)
WILL AARON RODGERS TRUST A ROOKIE WR?

With Their First Pick, The Green Bay Packers Should Draft Wideout Chris Olave

Harrison Glaser @NYJetsTFMedia

A @BaldyNFL Breakdown of WR Chris Olave 🎥

“His ability to separate [is as good as anybody]. His route running is elite already. His ability to track the ball is phenomenal.”

#Jets

https://twitter.com/nyjetstfmedia/status/1517228572720701440?s=21

IMHO the Packers would be lucky to land Chris Olave - he’s very pro ready and is one of the few receivers in this draft class who could potentially earn the trust of Aaron Rodgers quickly.

Jets trade for Debo.

@VincentFrankNFL

that would be an insane overpay 

Jets trade for Debo.

@VincentFrankNFL

No way is this anywhere close to the realm of reality. 

If  you've never caught the boys draft show live you can always find the replay to check out their reactions on YouTube.

----------------------------------------

Cecil Lammey Retweeted

Sigmund Bloom@SigmundBloom

Yes!

@CecilLammey

will be doing his marathon Broncos coverage, but Matt and I will be on for the whole first round, starting around 745 et here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=_4WHNw77dvw…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaron Todd@I_am_Unicron

@CecilLammey @SigmundBloom @MattWaldman You guys doing a live draft show tonight?

@ZachGelb

of CBSSports)
What happens if the Bucs go nuts and draft him? Icks nay on the est bever an may. 

By the way that Jets Deebo tweet above got smashed all over Twitter yesterday but as far as I know it was sarcasm. Twitter was full of sarcastic Deebo offers yesterday and that one got taken seriously for a bit. I don't even think the Jets have the 99th pick to offer.

Shameless draft day plug incoming.

I have been writing for dynastyfootballfactory.com for the last year. Most of the content is behind a paywall but we are doing a free and live draft coverage event starting tonight (duh) and going through the weekend. Give it a look if you can. 

I will be writing about Ridder, Howell, P Strong Jr, Doubs, Shakir, K Ingram, S McCormick if and when they get drafted.

NYG related:

https://twitter.com/judybattista/status/1519700658320023552?s=20&t=KRBnKFURXV0mIh1JEDdfHg

-Schoen has 7 guys he likes and he'd be happy with any 2 of them
-NYG not as keyed in on OT with #5 as the rest of us may be...they know it's a hole in the roster, but there are many holes on this roster, so can't overdraft just to get one position
-Edge and CB (depending on what happens with Bradberry) are big needs as well
-If we move back from #7, would only be a small move...don't want to get too cute b/c of what shape the roster is in...have to get impact players and can get them at 5 and 7, or maybe just a couple slots down...a major move would be a surprise
-Would not be surprised for first 2 picks to address both offense and defense

Not that it was really in doubt for me but with ESPN having Mike Greenberg as host of draft coverage my TV will be tuned to NFL Network tonight.

@JaxBill - any thoughts on how this is likely to shake out here and who are you rooting for the Jaguars to pick?

Travon Walker probably.  

I'm not sold on the Jags OT situation and would take the no brainer Evan Neal. 

Not a huge Michigan fan so my exposure to Hutchinson isn't in depth, but I'm concerned how invisible he was in champ game.

I'd rather have Walker than Hutchinson but three teams are going to be happy with the three stud OT that the Jags pass up.

Per Schefter, the Texans are looking to move up from 13 to get another pick in the top 10 and targeting a specific player if they are still there when they are able to move up.

Travon Walker probably.  

Not a huge Michigan fan so my exposure to Hutchinson isn't in depth, but I'm concerned how invisible he was in champ game.

I'd rather have Walker than Hutchinson but three teams are going to be happy with the three stud OT that the Jags pass up.
Hutchinson was non-existent during the UM-MSU game.  That told me a lot about him because MSU's o-line wasn't all that great.

I think he'll have a decent pro career but he is not a game-changer at the pro level.

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reports that the Jaguars would like to move off the No. 1 pick but cannot find a trade partner.

The Jaguars are expected to take Georgia's Travon Walker if they stay at No. 1, although that is far from a sure thing. Aidan Hutchinson, long thought to be the first overall pick could entice a team to move up, allowing the Jaguars to get Walker and additional capital from a small trade down. However, the Lions and Texans could also be eyeing different players, making it difficult to generate trade interest within the top four picks. Without a quarterback to drive the trade market, the Jaguars will most likely make the No. 1 selection.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on Twitter

Apr 28, 2022, 11:39 AM ET

Georgia EDGE Travon Walker's odds to go first overall on tonight's draft sit at -400 on PointsBet, moving from yesterday's odds of -300.

The Walker (6'5/275) steam has become very real as of late, as the former Bulldog feels like a virtual lock to go No. 1 overall to the Jaguars later this evening. Known for loving athletic freaks, Jaguars' GM Trent Baalke may not be able to keep himself from selecting Walker, who put on one of the more impressive performances at the Combine. Walker's odds have risen tremendously to the point where he is far from a betting value. But those who made their picks early could stand to benefit from their boldness.

SOURCE: PointsBet

Apr 28, 2022, 12:18 PM ET

Zero chance that deal happens at anything close to that price.  If it does, Jets ownership should be forced to sell the franchise.  
I'm in the minority, but I'm confident Elijah Moore will be a more highly regarded WR than Deebo within a year or two, probably sooner than later - NFL and FF.  

Today, the Giants chose not to exercise their 5th year option on Daniel Jones.

Could they surprise everyone and take Pickett at 5 or 7?

Travon Walker probably.  

Go watch highlights of Aidan Hutchinson's three-sack performance against Ohio State. That will tell you all you need to know.

Users who are viewing this thread