What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 50 Greatest RUSH songs of all-time (featuring # 1 from the 1970's) (3 Viewers)

If nothing else, keeping this thread going aggravates the Rush haters out there, so that alone makes it worth while. :yes:  
:lmao:

And Caesar's comment ^^^. I don't know what to say. :lmao:

I should tell you guys I have a sneaking appreciation for Bastille Day and Free Will, or whatever the hell they call that song.

All the world is just a stage
And we are merely players
Performers and portrayers
Something something something something
And those that wish to be
Must put aside the alienation
Get out with the fascination
Elimination the underlying scheme

Last edited by a moderator:
Admittedly, I'm a casual Rush fan.  I dig the music.  I mean is there a better power trio musically?  but Geddys vocals never really jived with me........as I've gotten older, I like them more.  And obviously 2112 is incredible.....

Im curious as to the reason why Working Man doesn't get love on this list.  I assume its because of its simplicity relative to much of their catalog???  I've always loved it because it's one of those crank it up songs!  Sometimes catchy and crunchy is good, imo.

If nothing else, keeping this thread going aggravates the Rush haters out there, so that alone makes it worth while. :yes:  

Admittedly, I'm a casual Rush fan.  I dig the music.  I mean is there a better power trio musically?  but Geddys vocals never really jived with me........as I've gotten older, I like them more.  And obviously 2112 is incredible.....

Im curious as to the reason why Working Man doesn't get love on this list.  I assume its because of its simplicity relative to much of their catalog???  I've always loved it because it's one of those crank it up songs!  Sometimes catchy and crunchy is good, imo.

Thread also serves the purpose of calling out the Working Man haters.  You can't beat a thread that kills two birds with one stone.

To answer you question, because these folks should have their rush fandom license permanetly revoked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI5VuBzo-Qc

If that isn't top 50 then you probably hate labrador pups.

Geddy's voice was admittedly a tough nut to crack for me at first, and when others cannot get into the band because of it, I totally get it, but I was won over when a few friends showed me the A Show of Hands concert video back in the fall of '91, and the rest is history. :cool:  

Geddy's voice was admittedly a tough nut to crack for me at first, and when others cannot get into the band because of it, I totally get it, but I was won over when a few friends showed me the A Show of Hands concert video back in the fall of '91, and the rest is history. :cool:  

:lmao: This thread gives me such the feels.

This thread was the OP's rankings, which led to lots of great discussions and then others sharing their rankings towards the end. I just did my top 10 or 20 (I can’t remember and don’t feel like searching back) and I also ranked the albums in tiers (as I just bumped yesterday to bring this thread back to life). 

for the newcomers to this thread, feel free to post your top X songs to reinvigorate this thread! It’ll be a nice tribute only 8 days after Neil's birth date. 

Users who are viewing this thread