What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Audible Roundtable LIVE! - 9/16/10 - 10pm ET (1 Viewer)

One quick question. Eli or Cutler this week. 6pts per TD, -3 per INT, standard yardage scoring.

Great show, keep up the good work.

In a PPR who's a better play this week- Mike Sims-Walker (killed me last week and historically bad on the road), Johnny Knox (at Dallas and not proven) or Big Mike William (versus Denver and possible lining up against the guy who assisted in the MSW killing last week lol) or do I drop one of these guys for a Royal or Clayton?

Thanks again and again!

*edit- some guy made a deal to jump ahead and get Jackson, that's why my question changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to hear your take on the CJ Spiller situation. I know you guys were really high on him and I'm wondering what advice you might have for teams who drafted him as maybe part of a RBBC.

Hey guys, love the show.

How early is too early to think about making a trade for Big Ben? My feeling is the closer it gets to him coming back, the less likely his owner will part with him. I’m in a 12-team PPR league with a super-flex (QB included) and I have Romo and Orton (which I’m happy with, but would love an upgrade.)

Also, what are your thoughts going forward about Carolina Steve Smith? He’s a player I just can’t get a good read on and seems to be somewhat under the radar. His perceived value (reputation) is still relatively high, but I wonder if his actual value is lower than perceived? The QB situation there is a definite concern, but maybe it shouldn’t be? I don’t think he’s the stud he once was, but I can’t figure out where/what his value truly is/should be. Is he a player to trade away, target, or avoid entirely?

Thanks guys!

Has W1 changed any of your pre-season beliefs? which are the most drastic?

1. Player you thought will make top 10 and now have your doubts about him cracking the top 20 by season's end

2. Payer you thought will be OUT of the top 20 and now think he will be a top 10 by season's end

3. Have you seen any offenive scheme that will take the NFL by storm?

4. Likewise on the defensive front

Thanks and keep the good job!!!

Outside of the top 12 DST's who do you think has the talent/defensive coordinator to rise up and be the 2010 version of the 2009 Saints DST?

1. How do you guys feel about the Revis/Moss matchup this week? Should Moss be benched in favor of guys like Jabar Gaffney or are you calling bluff on Rex Ryan and feel that Revis will cover Welker most of the game after what he did to them last year?

2. I'm expecting big things out of Eli this season but is Matt Ryan's matchup against Arizona enough to give him the nod over Eli?

3. Crabtree's laziness isn't a good thing for his owners; do you keep playing him or should he be benched until he proves himself?

Thanks guys!

Hi guys, looking forward to the show tonight. I would like some insight on the CAR running game. Are Williams/Stewart in any real danger of loosing value due to Goodson's role this past Sunday? Didn't see the whole game, but it appeared that Goodson was in the whole 4th QTR, while Williams/Stewart were M.I.A. Will that be the case when CAR is trailing in games this year?

Thanks, and keep up the excellent work!

Hey Guys,

I see games... I have questions. Bear with me... it's week one.

1- Did you guys scout Dimitri Nance in college? What did you think of him?

2- In your opinions, was Lesean McCoy's success in week one "ala Chris Johnson" (ie: a function of Vick's threat to the backside of the D), or does he look like a weekly starter to you?

3- Did the Bengal's offense need an enima or something? I realize the Pats are going to put pressure on other teams in 2010, and Gresham and Shipley may have had some butterflies in their first game, but that first half sucked. WHA HAPPENED?

4- Please project Tomlinson's offensive production if he receives a 70/30 split of the RB#s going forward from today.

Thanks!

BB

ps- melifluous? (MEL-LIF-LEW-US)

Professional podcast…the rest are just amateurs!

I am in a BIG $ redraft PPR league where we start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, and a flex (20 man rosters). Because I went against my normal thinking and drafted TE and QB a bit early (Gates in the 4th and Rivers in the 5th), my RB & WR depth is a bit weak.

I really need a winning lottery ticket! Would you drop Brian Hartline, Laurent Robinson, and/or Keiland Williams for any of the following free agents?

Deji Karim (own MJD, not Jennings)

Danny Ware (own Bradshaw)…

Isaac Redman

James Davis

Mike Tolbert

Jordy Nelson

Deon Butler

Jason Avant

Brandon Tate

Early Doucet…..

…A.Young, Stroughter, Robiskie, Steve Johnson, Jarrett, Gage, Benn…

…or a name you would add that I may be looking past?

Still trying to make my way through all the week 1 games - so much football goodness!

FAAB strategy. What's your approach? Do you keep some for later? How does it change based on league depth (eg 20 tm full IDP vs 10 tm 16 man rosters)

Give some idea of how much you would spend on a single player (eg B Jackson type from this week)

Problem in my league. The guy with the first waiver pick incorrectly entered his waiver claim for Brandon Jackson. He tried to request Jackson but didn't drop anyone, and since he had a full roster, his claim didn't go through. As a result the guy with the second waiver priority got Jackson.

We just found out about the situation this morning and now the guy with the first pick is complaining about not getting Jackson. If we go back and change the waivers so he gets Jackson, it impacts the guy with the second pick (who doesn't get Jackson but would then get Vick), the guy in the 10th spot (who doesn't get Vick but would then get Mark Clayton), and a second round waiver pick where another person would then not get Mark Clayton.

As you can see there are lots of repercussions. Can we even go back at this point? Would we have to retract the FCFS waiver picks that took place after waivers run? Or is the guy with the first pick just SOL?

Help?!?

Hola, amigos. It's been awhile since I rapped at ya.

You already have an Eli/Cutler question and I have my own Eli vs. Ryan WDIS dilemma, but I'm more curious to hear a general discussion about the state of QBBC.

Week 1 is a small sample size, but BASED ON FILM is there anyone you're targeting to become part of your committee? Is there anyone who you drafted who you're willing to let go?

Thanks!

Hey guys love the show!

Got a quick question. I'm in a smaller league. I've got Megatron, L Fitz, and Colston as my starting WRs. Should I drop either of Driver or MSW to pick up Armomadoshu, Floyd, Mike Wallace, Breaston, either of the Mike Williams, Clayton, or Eddie Royal? Thanks guys.

Hey Guys,I see games... I have questions. Bear with me... it's week one.1- Did you guys scout Dimitri Nance in college? What did you think of him? 2- In your opinions, was Lesean McCoy's success in week one "ala Chris Johnson" (ie: a function of Vick's threat to the backside of the D), or does he look like a weekly starter to you?3- Did the Bengal's offense need an enima or something? I realize the Pats are going to put pressure on other teams in 2010, and Gresham and Shipley may have had some butterflies in their first game, but that first half sucked. WHA HAPPENED? 4- Please project Tomlinson's offensive production if he receives a 70/30 split of the RB#s going forward from today. Thanks!BBps- melifluous? (MEL-LIF-LEW-US)
Also interested in hearing your opinion on Dimitri Nance. I have picked him up in a couple of deep dynasty leagues, just hoping he has a chance to be the next Ryan Grant (I remember you and Sigmund were telling us about Grant when he was buried on the depthchart in New York as a dynasty sleeper).

Guys, I've got a dynasty league question for you this week:

I've got a team firmly in rebuilding mode. I've read many articles on FBG which advise to hold onto your stud players, as it is harder to acquire studs than it is to acquire depth. I have Steve Smith (NYG) who has been getting a lot of interest from several owners. I'm also considering making offers for backup RBs with upside (Bernard Scott and Keiland Williams). Is it time that I trade one of my stud players in a 2 for 1 kind of deal, or should I hold them?

How would you advise an owner like me in this situation to proceed to make my team competitive in 2010 even with only a handful of true "stud" players?

Thanks as always! :shrug:

1). Anthony Armstrong & Deon Butler: What are your thoughts on these two WRs? Patience might be rewarded? They seem to be in great situations.

2). Emmanuel Sanders vs Antonio Brown: Who's long term value is better?

Your take on Cleveland's running back situation? I'm hearing great things about both of them.....what are you doing with them in dynasties? Buy / hold / sell? TIA!

Hey Guys!

I'm trying to get a sense of Brandon Jackson's game and how well he fits into the Green Bay offense. I looked up Matt's 2007 rookie impact series from FFtoday.com. Good stuff:

Brandon Jackson, Packers: Jackson catches the ball well and has tree trunks for thighs. He looks like a powerful back with good quickness. I just don’t believe he’s as good as Vernand Morency, which for the price of a 2nd round pick, I’m second-guessing the Packers. Morency has speed to burn and I think he has more potential than Tatum Bell, but toiled on a slower learning curve due to the fact he started with the Texans. Jackson is not a speedster, and I believe the Nebraska alum and Morency will split time, at best.
Now throwing the question to Matt, assuming I can't flip him for Tatem Bell or Vernand Morency :unsure: , do you think that from what we've seen of Brandon Jackson in the pros, is this still a pretty good assessment of Jackson or has his game changed much in the pros? Also, do you think he can be the primary Green Bay back in 2011?

How yinz doing?

My RB situation that I was worried about before last week has me even more irked about my team's chances. My RBs are JStew, Best, Spiller, Jacobs, and Huggins. There's already a Spiller question, but how are you feeling about my other Top 3 RBs as of now? Will Stewart begin to get more of a 50/50 split and he just didnt see as many carries last week due to the heel injury? How do you see Best doing the next few weeks with Stafford out, should I still be starting him? As for Jacobs, last week tied for his low in carries over the last 2 years. Do you see more of the same with how NYG will split the ball for the rest of the season, will they go with the hot hand, will it be closer to 50/50 split, and has Bradshaw even taken Jacobs GL duty as he had a 4yd TD last week?

Not sure what you will say about my RBs, but are they so bad its worth trying to package 1 of them with 1 of my stacked group or WRs (Randy Moss, Steve Smith (CAR), Nicks, Mike Williams (TB), Gaffney, Mark Clayton) to try to trade for a RB1?

Thanks fellas.

Bloom - are you hitting up Phish in AC for Halloween or MMJ's 5 night run in NYC or missing out on both??

Absolutely fantastic show and analysis. Huge fan of all that you all do!

I drafted Grant in the 2nd round as my #2 RB. Brandon Jackson got scooped late in our draft. My other RBs are pretty weak and wondered if you have advice. Roll with what I have? Pick some super secret sleeper off waivers? Of course I'll scope out some trades but I wonder who you might look to trade or any other advice you might have:

-QBs - Cutler, Rothliesberger (start 1)

-RBs - CJ, McFadden, Jacobs, Huggins (start 2)

-WRs - Megatron, Hicks, OchoCinco, Dez Bryant, Vincent Jax (start 3)

-TE - not good enough to trade..(Z Miller)

16 player roster so most decent players are scooped.

Thanks for any advice!

What do you think of the Arizona QB situation? Will Anderson be replaced by Hall soon? If so, what can we expect from Hall now and down the road? (Will he hold off Skelton?)

Hey Guys,I see games... I have questions. Bear with me... it's week one.1- Did you guys scout Dimitri Nance in college? What did you think of him? 2- In your opinions, was Lesean McCoy's success in week one "ala Chris Johnson" (ie: a function of Vick's threat to the backside of the D), or does he look like a weekly starter to you?3- Did the Bengal's offense need an enima or something? I realize the Pats are going to put pressure on other teams in 2010, and Gresham and Shipley may have had some butterflies in their first game, but that first half sucked. WHA HAPPENED? 4- Please project Tomlinson's offensive production if he receives a 70/30 split of the RB#s going forward from today. Thanks!BBps- melifluous? (MEL-LIF-LEW-US)
Also interested in hearing your opinion on Dimitri Nance. I have picked him up in a couple of deep dynasty leagues, just hoping he has a chance to be the next Ryan Grant (I remember you and Sigmund were telling us about Grant when he was buried on the depthchart in New York as a dynasty sleeper).
Lots of Dimitri Nance love tonight. I saw him at the Shrine Game practices earlier this year in Orlando and was very impressed. Nance is the dynasty pick here, not James Starks.

Vincent Jackson is on waivers. What percent of my FAAB budget should I bid?

Brandon Jackson went for $42 out of $100.

My #2 WR platoon is currently Knox/Sims-Walker. #1 is Wayne.

Do you think the following players are For Real or Not For Real?

1. A. Foster

2. M. Clayton

3. J. Best

4. C. Ochocinco

5. D. Bryant - (also, should i bench ochocinco for Dez Bryant?)

I only have one spot on my roster for either Bernard Scott or Devin Thomas. Who has the most upside? Who should I roster? See my roster/scoring below.

got 4 running backs to start 2 from.

non ppr

frank gore

stephen jackson

arian foster

Mccoy

Lost last week cause i benched Foster.

second question, should i bench witten for carlson this week. It seems that witten is going to be held in to block a lot while the o-line is banged up.

eric

http://podcast.footballguys.com/2010/Footb...010-Vol159a.mp3

In This Episode: Cecil Lammey, Sigmund Bloom and Matt Waldman discuss the latest from around the league and answer questions from the Shark Pool message board at Footballguys.com Topics Include - how much free agent money should you spend on Brandon Jackson, does Laurence Maroney have higher upside than Knowshon Moreno, why Alex Smith needs to be replaced as the 49ers starting QB, plus more!

Great show tonight fellas :mellow: The information you provide is head and shoulders above anything else on the internet and even on TV. Cecil, I am pretty sure that Alex Smith won't be sending you a Christmas card this year, lol.

Cec's rant was enjoyable for sure, and Alex Smith DEFINITELY needs to step it up, and soon.

But I was a little :shrug: by the Troy Smith love. I dug him too, and thought he might have been interesting as an option in Cleveland this year. But let's review the facts:

1) Started two games as a rookie...went a reasonable 1-1, but didn't do much else (they didn't ask him to)

2) 4 attempts in 2008

3) 9 attempts in 2009

4) Baltimore prioritized bringing Marc Bulger in to displace Smith in Baltimore

5) Signed as the 3rd stringer in San Francisco

It wasn't long ago we were hearing, "Nate Davis is the best QB on the 49ers roster" and we see how that turned out. I'm not trying to say I don't think Troy Smith isn't better than Nate Davis -- I certainly do -- but at some point a backup is a backup. Just by way of history, how many 3rd stringers (signed as such in free agency) go on to significant careers as that team's starter?

Users who are viewing this thread