What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (2 Viewers)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
Are we allowed to speak ill of the dead? That guy was a doooooooooooooosh.
Just grew up Mormon. Andi came off as a complete dip#### in that conversation. "How could you say I have a POKER FACE??".

Uh, it's probably the botox.
Oh, totally agree that she came off poorly as well, especially when she went back into the house after, but that guy gave off a HUGE creepy vibe (even on the first date as well). Speaking of poker face, during the whole conversation he had this bizarre painted on smile and showed no emotion. Also all the stuff about how he wanted her to look at him differently than she looked at the other guys--really??? That was flat-out creepy. He was just a narcissistic, paternalistic ##### in the whole thing, talking as if he "knew" her more than she knew herself or the other guys knew her. If he hadn't died, he'd be considered a complete weirdo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we allowed to speak ill of the dead? That guy was a doooooooooooooosh.
Just grew up Mormon. Andi came off as a complete dip#### in that conversation. "How could you say I have a POKER FACE??".

Uh, it's probably the botox.
Oh, totally agree that she came off poorly as well, especially when she went back into the house after, but that guy gave off a HUGE creepy vibe (even on the first date as well). Speaking of poker face, during the whole conversation he had this bizarre painted on smile and showed no emotion. Also all the stuff about how he wanted her to look at him differently than she looked at the other guys--really??? That was flat-out creepy. He was just a narcissistic, paternalistic ##### in the whole thing, talking as if he "knew" her more than she knew herself or the other guys knew her. If he hadn't died, he'd be considered the Kasey of the season.
He was raised Mormon. I've come to learn that the bizarre smile is actually real.

I wish this was like the Japanese version of the Bachelorette, where the men have to cut off their own penises and present them to her in a decorative jar when they dishonor themselves during a date.

I wish this was like the Japanese version of the Bachelorette, where the men have to cut off their own penises and present them to her in a decorative jar when they dishonor themselves during a date.
"Andi, I have shamed my family. Please accept this jar, containing my hairy sack, as an apology. Hei!"

the whole basis of the bachelorette goes against the alpha male "don't put the ##### on a pedestal" mentality. The show is built around a couple dozen guys doing just that.
Love it when they all say with a straight face things like "Oh man, she's like completely perfect you guys! The perfect woman! She has literally zero flaws!" and they all nod in agreement.

Really there are at least 20 characteristics of your basic Bachelorette male contestant that bear no resemblance to any dude I would be friends with, or in some cases have even witnessed in real life. Crying after being dumped by a woman you've known for a couple weeks with whom you've never even had a serious date?? Where do they find these guys?
I think a lot of that crying is because their dreams of stardom are going down the drain.

the whole basis of the bachelorette goes against the alpha male "don't put the ##### on a pedestal" mentality. The show is built around a couple dozen guys doing just that.
I think you could be a contestant without doing that. If anything, it would probably make you stand out from the crowd of dudes drooling on her.
No way. I think the guys who don't put her on a pedestal are the ones who don't even make it past the first night. The whole basis of not putting the ##### on a pedestal is that there are tons of other women out there which is not the case on the show.
If you like her you can let her know that there might be potential without gushing like a 3rd grade girl imo. Being the guy saying your interested thus far and like what you know of her and want to get to know her better would stand you apart from the ninnies dropping the L word after 1 date imo

Or go mad men style and present a nipple in a box.

Page 11 rescue - not that this season is worth rescuing.............

was hoping for a certain FBG to have blogged about last night so i didn't have to pretend watch it with the wife later tonight while surfing on the phone :kicksrock:

This season is brutal. The repetitive plot twists and manufactured drama are unreal. I'm basically sure that at some point each season, production says, "You need to pick an elimination and NOT have a rose ceremony so that we can make this big dramatic deal out of an otherwise boring occasion." They also have to have somebody who gets accused of doing something morally unacceptable.

I will say that if either of the scenarios in this initial poll were to ever come true, they should take a long look at Marquel. He seemed like a likeable, upstanding guy. Whether the racial thing was true or not, he handled it very well. You can't ignore it, you can't convict someone based on hearsay...he said what he needed to say and moved on.

In more interesting news...Courtney is writing a book...I honestly hope that she tells more about the production interference and staging than just the steamy details...because, well, I don't really find her attractive and Flajnik is a tool.

This season is brutal. The repetitive plot twists and manufactured drama are unreal. I'm basically sure that at some point each season, production says, "You need to pick an elimination and NOT have a rose ceremony so that we can make this big dramatic deal out of an otherwise boring occasion." They also have to have somebody who gets accused of doing something morally unacceptable.

I will say that if either of the scenarios in this initial poll were to ever come true, they should take a long look at Marquel. He seemed like a likeable, upstanding guy. Whether the racial thing was true or not, he handled it very well. You can't ignore it, you can't convict someone based on hearsay...he said what he needed to say and moved on.

In more interesting news...Courtney is writing a book...I honestly hope that she tells more about the production interference and staging than just the steamy details...because, well, I don't really find her attractive and Flajnik is a tool.
:goodposting: No drama this year. Was thinking the exact same thing about Marquel. Seems like the total package and a great guy and, along with Marcus, was the best-looking guy there.

There was a guy kicked off last night that I don't remember seeing on this season (Patrick?). That's how boring this year is.

:goodposting: No drama this year. Was thinking the exact same thing about Marquel. Seems like the total package and a great guy and, along with Marcus, was the best-looking guy there.

There was a guy kicked off last night that I don't remember seeing on this season (Patrick?). That's how boring this year is.
Before my Bachelorette draft, the only note I had on him was "hugger."

i've met Ben and had a couple of conversations with him. objectively, he's not a tool and actually a really down-to-earth, generous guy, despite his persona on The Bachelor or in the tabloids.

YMMV

If Marquel was the Bachelor, what would be the proportion of white chicks to black chicks as contestants?
He was sent home too early. So, it's unlikely. But who knows, maybe they decide its time?

Rumor is he'll be on this Bachelor In Paradise show, so that would probably prevent him from being the Bachelor.

Time article says he should be the next bachelor:

http://time.com/2889579/marquel-martin-bachelor/

I'm thankful I finally thought of who he reminded me of before he left: Harold Reynolds. That would've bugged me.
I agree with (HULK) that unfortunately he was sent home too early. Not to mention they didn't do the obligatory 10 minute departing car-ride interview with him. Seems that a sob story is a mandatory set-up for the next bachelor/ette. I would like to see it though. It'd be one way to breath some life back into things.

And you're 100% right re. Harold Reynolds...I couldn't place it either, but he does have a strong resemblance.

Speaking of Bachelor in Paradise, it looks like Claire is back. Who was it that knew her? Any insights?
Strange...I remember reading a few posts about this too from somebody here, but I can't find them now to save my life. Maybe the Bachelor Producers had him...eliminated... :tinfoilhat:

I've known Clare makes Final 2 since December, but her and her sis won't give up who wins. I'll say this though, Clare hasn't acted like a girl who just lost the Bachelor. She was giddy the entire time she was in Sacramento, then suddenly moved to LA in early January.
The posts are still here.

Speaking of Bachelor in Paradise, it looks like Claire is back. Who was it that knew her? Any insights?
Strange...I remember reading a few posts about this too from somebody here, but I can't find them now to save my life. Maybe the Bachelor Producers had him...eliminated... :tinfoilhat:
You were just spelling the name wrong. It's "Clare" with no "I"
And that would explain it. :wall: Thanks.

So, One, give us the scoop.

Personally, I'm expecting greatness from Bachelor in Paradise. And hopefully Pickles blogs it.

Personally, I'm expecting greatness from Bachelor in Paradise. And hopefully Pickles blogs it.
What is this Bachelor in Paradise? Is it like Bachelor Pad?

I never watch Bachelorette, so I haven't seen any previews.

They haven't really shown any, unless they did this week as I have not yet "caught" the ep. Basically just Bachelor Pad in Mexico although it sounds as though they may have nixed the prize money. The "standouts" in the cast are Clare from Juan Pablo's season, AshLee the slightly insane but insanely hot personal organizer from Sean's season, and also Sarah, who was born with one arm, from Sean's season. Kill me now for knowing this.

Last edited by a moderator:

No one really knows for sure, but the assumption is that it is similar to Bachelor Pad.
With more women in bikinis...

No one really knows for sure, but the assumption is that it is similar to Bachelor Pad.
Just read up on it a bit on Reality Steve. Apparently its like bachelor pad but much more chaotic with no set rules and a constantly changing cast.

IN

Just read up on it a bit on Reality Steve. Apparently its like bachelor pad but much more chaotic with no set rules and a constantly changing cast.

IN
I'm in as well! I'll have to pay attention to this thread for it's start.

IN
IN x 2

When you get a boring season of the normal bachelor/bachelorette, why not spice it up. How? Take people you know from past experience are a little off in the head, AND recently jilted by love, and put them all in one place. Add alcohol, and watch the fun ensue.

They HAVE to bring back Chris Bukowski so we can watch him try and bang every girl on the show and leave a trail of insanity in his wake...

IN
IN x 2

When you get a boring season of the normal bachelor/bachelorette, why not spice it up. How? Take people you know from past experience are a little off in the head, AND recently jilted by love, and put them all in one place. Add alcohol, and watch the fun ensue.

They HAVE to bring back Chris Bukowski so we can watch him try and bang every girl on the show and leave a trail of insanity in his wake...
He is reported to be there. May not be in the first episode since he wasn't part of the initial cast. But he makes it to paradise somehow... same with Michelle Money.

Drama preview below:

Oh, and Chris B reportedly in a love triangle with some other dude and one of the girls, then the girl bangs the show's sound guy. Producers bust in on them, the sound guy jumps from the balcony to avoid getting busted, and breaks both his ankles.

If you were to send a text, what would you ask?
She's supposedly down there (Cancun) filming it right now. It ends next week.

Ask her how Mexico is and if she's found love. And if the personal organizer girl is as crazy as we all think she is.

It's starting to bug me how the corners of Andi's mouth always turn down, even when she's smiling (maybe even especially when she's smiling).

Users who are viewing this thread