What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Biden Years - Every day something more shocking than the last!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick-hands said:
I wonder how Biden will fair in with a special council that is impowered to find the crime before the charge.  
What special council?  And why would he be questioned...just ignore any subpoena seems to be the precedent now.  Can even lie in written  responses and nothing will happen.

And there has already been a GOP Congressional investigation...they found nothing.

Has any of this story been refuted by credible sources?
Yes...i posted the article from Business Insider already in the actual Biden thread. Has anyone corroborated the information in this article at all?

The FBI has has the laptop over a year and nothing came of it...shouldn’t that tell you something?

Yes...i posted the article from Business Insider already in the actual Biden thread. Has anyone corroborated the information in this article at all?

The FBI has has the laptop over a year and nothing came of it...shouldn’t that tell you something?
The wheels of justice turn slow but grind exceedingly fine

OR

Epic timing, dudes! 

Yes, and to quote Gertrude Stein "There is no there there"

The wheels of justice turn slow but grind exceedingly fine

OR

Epic timing, dudes! 
Or...you know...there isn’t anything there and this story appears to not be credible at all.  And its being pushed through the personal Lawyer to Trump to try and stir more discourse because he doesn’t like the way the polls are looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like Hunter had some strong encryption.  
Has anyone corroborated the story?  Why did the GOO investigation find nothing?  Encryption that the blind computer store figured out but not the FBI?

So to believe this story we have to believe Biden was high on crack and doesn’t remember taking his laptop...and that the FBI couldnt crack the encryption.

Yeah...that sounds good.

Or...you know...there isn’t anything there and this story appears to not be credible at all.
That's your opinion but there's an awful lot of people out there that aren't as in the know as you, including Biden's own campaign managers.  Yesterday they said there was nothing on the schedule to collaborate the claim.  Today...they said they back-pedaled and said they couldn't confirm there was NOT.  

You know, call me old fashioned but back in the day, if someone bold face slandered you, you called them out and had words.  Biden's campaign called a lid before 10am and has not STILL released a statement strongly shooting it down.  

That's your opinion but there's an awful lot of people out there that aren't as in the know as you, including Biden's own campaign managers.  Yesterday they said there was nothing on the schedule to collaborate the claim.  Today...they said they back-pedaled and said they couldn't confirm there was NOT.  

You know, call me old fashioned but back in the day, if someone bold face slandered you, you called them out and had words.  Biden's campaign called a lid before 10am and has not STILL released a statement strongly shooting it down.  
It took 3 days before Biden came out and said he wasn't even at the banquet when the teenage girl was claiming that he oogled her.  Meanwhile many of the posters in this forum were all over him about it.

Its my opinion based on the facts at hand. And the fact that its been in the custody of this justice department and nothing has come out about it.

They have shot this story down on multiple fronts including  bringing up the GOP investigation into Joe Biden and their congressional testimony stating there was no wrong doing.

Let's assume the laptop and emails are legit.  Is there a crime to leverage your dads influence into a business deal?  

I mean, if his dad actually provides something, yeah that's a problem but this not what is being alleged here.

Where is the scandal?

Let's assume the laptop and emails are legit.  Is there a crime to leverage your dads influence into a business deal?  

I mean, if his dad actually provides something, yeah that's a problem but this not what is being alleged here.

Where is the scandal?
I caught the Tucker Carlson email reveal, and I could not believe it.  

They were hashing some more leaked emails, and tried to run the Ukranian Prosecutor meme out again,  It was amazing.  

Something about a PR company being on a conference call?  

Pathetic.  They've had all this time to cook up something, this is what they got?  

I caught the Tucker Carlson email reveal, and I could not believe it.  

They were hashing some more leaked emails, and tried to run the Ukranian Prosecutor meme out again,  It was amazing.  

Something about a PR company being on a conference call?  

Pathetic.  They've had all this time to cook up something, this is what they got?  
I like how legitimate breaking stuff that the FBI has had access to are being broke by Rudy, the NYPost and Hannity...and people find that credible which is the freaky thing.

Where is the scandal?
When a child is entangled in foreign dealings, it compromises the integrity of the father, especially when there is a possibility of kickbacks within the family. The child could use their position to leverage favorable deals that could put national security at risk.

(But enough about Ivanka, Eric and Don Jr......)

When a child is entangled in foreign dealings, it compromises the integrity of the father, especially when there is a possibility of kickbacks within the family. The child could use their position to leverage favorable deals that could put national security at risk.

Ivanka, Eric, Jr, and Kushner aside (especially as they are part of Trumps official staff), are you implying that Hunter Bidens employment opportunities should be limited because of who his father is?  

Eta: especially given that the emails cited in the NY Post article were from 2017, when Joe did not hold public office?

If people made a point to answer every fever dream and hackneyed attempt at distraction, gaslighting, and spreading unfounded conspiracy theories as MAGAville does, they’d never be able to do anything else. Which, of course, is the goal of the Trump camp. Overwhelm the senses with a nonstop barrage of insanity and take attention away from the unmitigated disaster that is their administration. You certainly don’t want to amplify this nonsense by giving it the oxygen it doesn’t deserve.

I mean, if conducting international business and using your fathers name to gain influence is a problem...

Ivanka, Eric, Jr, and Kushner aside (especially as they are part of Trumps official staff), are you implying that Hunter Bidens employment opportunities should be limited because of who his father is?  
When father is out of office: no restrictions whatsoever

When father is in office: family members should not be allowed to have business dealings with foreign entities that do business with the US government.

When father is out of office: no restrictions whatsoever

When father is in office: family members should not be allowed to have business dealings with foreign entities that do business with the US government.
Interesting.  Do our resident Trump supporters agree with this?

HellToupee said:
I don’t take it as that. No one knows what will happen but I guarantee if Biden wins you won’t see a 4 year hissy fit thrown here
Of course not - it’s a liberal echo chamber - why would there be a hissy fit?

Let's go even a third level: assume the emails are authentic, Joe met with the Burisma guy.  Nothing illegal there, and nothing inherently wrong with a VP meeting a foreign business leader.

Could the Burisma guy ask for Biden to push for Shokin to be fired?  I suppose, but remember that Shokin was sacked (with international pressure besides Biden) because he failed to prosecute corruption, including Zlochevsky.

We went round and round on this last year.  There still is nothing here.  I see nothing new that changes any of this.

mcintyre1 said:
Here's the thing for me -- even if the supposed Hunter Biden material were real (which, given what I've read about it, seems pretty unlikely), I just don't care. It pales in comparison to the historic corruption of the current administration. I've never really liked Biden all that much anyway, but he's far less dangerous to the future of our country than Trump.
I should be voting next week and after that it wouldn’t matter if I cared or not but I’m totally with you.  I’m thinking that unless we have a contested election still I will most likely stop paying attention - I have complete fatigue with all this.  No matter who wins I think I’m done for a while.

Let's go even a third level: assume the emails are authentic, Joe met with the Burisma guy.  Nothing illegal there, and nothing inherently wrong with a VP meeting a foreign business leader.

Could the Burisma guy ask for Biden to push for Shokin to be fired?  I suppose, but remember that Shokin was sacked (with international pressure besides Biden) because he failed to prosecute corruption, including Zlochevsky.

We went round and round on this last year.  There still is nothing here.  I see nothing new that changes any of this.
The GOP Senators even agreed to as much in their investigation and subsequent testimony I believe.  That there was no evidence that Joe Biden  acted inappropriately in relation to pushing official US policy.

I should be voting next week and after that it wouldn’t matter if I cared or not but I’m totally with you.  I’m thinking that unless we have a contested election still I will most likely stop paying attention - I have complete fatigue with all this.  No matter who wins I think I’m done for a while.
You've been decided for almost 4 years. For some reason you have to wait until you actually check the box?  

You've been decided for almost 4 years. For some reason you have to wait until you actually check the box?  
No clue what you are talking about - Trump has been incompetent and horrible for four years so yes, I’ve known I wouldn’t vote for him for four years.

So no questions in the Townhall to Biden about his family being compromised by fat financial deals with the Ukraine and ChiNA?   

I didn’t watch.  Was it just a bunch of Cornpop and lifeguard stories?  

So no questions in the Townhall to Biden about his family being compromised by fat financial deals with the Ukraine and ChiNA?   

It was ABC and former Democrat Clinton advisor George Stephanopoulos, did we really expect the fix not to be in? The media and Biden are such embarrassments.

It was ABC and former Democrat Clinton advisor George Stephanopoulos, did we really expect the fix not to be in? The media and Biden are such embarrassments.
I thought it was curious he went with NBC.  If the media is an embarrassment and in the bag for Biden then why risk going in there?  Why not go with more friendly media in FOX or OANN?

Meanwhile Savanna was hyperventilating over questions she didn’t even understand what she was asking.  :lmao:

Its pretty scary the lengths they need to go to get rid of the bad man that not your normal corrupt DC creature. 

I thought it was curious he went with NBC.  If the media is an embarrassment and in the bag for Biden then why risk going in there?  Why not go with more friendly media in FOX or OANN?
Trump rises to the challenge. I think he probably likes it.

For biden it's just a struggle not to call people fat, black or mormon. Dude needs to be treated with kids gloves. At least he did acknowledge he is a lousy candidate.

For biden it's just a struggle not to call people fat, black or mormon. Dude needs to be treated with kids gloves. At least he did acknowledge he is a lousy candidate.
When he talked about race last night it was cringeworthy, like we were back in the 60’s or something. Did you see the look on that kids face after his “answer”?

When he talked about race last night it was cringeworthy, like we were back in the 60’s or something. Did you see the look on that kids face after his “answer”?
I'll have to go find that clip, I missed that part. Someone else had told me it was very condescending as well. 

You don’t like politicians that want to call people fat, black or moron (I assume that’s what you meant) but you do like politicians that actual do it?  Fascinating. 

You don’t like politicians that want to call people fat, black or moron (I assume that’s what you meant) but you do like politicians that actual do it?  Fascinating. 
Biden says those things to voters and Mormon was a reference to his. Comments earlier in the week.

Trump respects the black vote. Biden thinks he's owed the black vote. Big difference. 

Meanwhile Savanna was hyperventilating over questions she didn’t even understand what she was asking.  :lmao:

Its pretty scary the lengths they need to go to get rid of the bad man that not your normal corrupt DC creature. 
Banana Guthrie was practically foaming at the mouth asking hostile questions to the President. She would be harassed and canceled and have a mob sent to her home if she didn’t act this way though, so I can really blame her. All of the media are hostages to the Democrat base at this point. 

Why would there be questions based on a false premise that even your GOP investigation didn't allege?

It was actually pertinent policy questions...sorry to disappoint you...he didn't nod off, didn't really stumble...just answered questions for almost 2 hours.

Rises to the challenge?  He shrunk...he looked bad answering simple questions and still cannot just say the simple things when it comes to things like Qanon.  That isn't rising to a challenge at all.  Also..your last statement is not quite accurate to what he stated.

Rises to the challenge?  He shrunk...he looked bad answering simple questions and still cannot just say the simple things when it comes to things like Qanon.  That isn't rising to a challenge at all.  Also..your last statement is not quite accurate to what he stated.
I thought you watched the Biden townhall?  Did you get the Trump recap from MSDNC?

Banana Guthrie was practically foaming at the mouth asking hostile questions to the President. She would be harassed and canceled and have a mob sent to her home if she didn’t act this way though, so I can really blame her. All of the media are hostages to the Democrat base at this point. 

Always an excuse when Trump performs poorly.  The mod was mean...everything is unfair.  Oh no...he was asked about his taxes and Qanon and things he has actually retweeted and put out there as official statements of POTUS.  

And quit with the little name calling stuff...is there a point to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread