What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Birther Conspiracy Thread (1 Viewer)

Trump is way too smart for this. Is this whole thing some kind of put on, I wonder?
I believe Trump clearly states he has no doubt Obama is a citizen and the birthers are crazy. Then he goes on to drop a 'however...' card just to snag the attention of some fringe voters. I thought he handled it well.

COLB is not proof of Hawaii birth as anybody can apply for that.
Can you flesh this out a bit? Is a Certificate of Live Birth issued by the State of Hawaii insufficient proof of Hawaii birth for purposes other than POTUS?
He may be referring to thishttp://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurrent/vol06_ch0321-0344/HRS0338/HRS_0338-0017_0008.HTM

[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

(b) Proof of legal residency shall be submitted to the director of health in any manner that the director shall deem appropriate. The director of health may also adopt any rules pursuant to chapter 91 that he or she may deem necessary or proper to prevent fraudulent applications for birth certificates and to require any further information or proof of events necessary for completion of a birth certificate.

© The fee for each application for registration shall be established by rule adopted pursuant to chapter 91. [L 1982, c 182, §1]
According to the quote found here, it appears that while you can get a certificate from Hawaii for a child born outside of Hawaii, the certificate will reflect the location outside of Hawaii where the child was born.
“It’s crazy,” said Janice Okubo, director of communications for the Hawaii Department of Health. “I don’t think anything is ever going to satisfy them.”

Okubo, who said that she gets weekly questions from Obama ‘Birthers’ that are “more like threats,” explained that the certificate of live birth reproduced by Obama’s campaign should have debunked the conspiracy theories. “If you were born in Bali, for example,” Okubo explained, “you could get a certificate from the state of Hawaii saying you were born in Bali. You could not get a certificate saying you were born in Honolulu. The state has to verify a fact like that for it to appear on the certificate. But it’s become very clear that it doesn’t matter what I say. The people who are questioning this bring up all these implausible scenarios. What if the physician lied? What if the state lied? It’s just become an urban legend at this point.”

Well, it isn't about whether Obama is a natural born citizen or not to me. 99.99% sure he is. It is about whether we should have a neutral party making that determination and whether that neutral party should have published rules as to what evidence is acceptable and what isn't.Don't know why that makes me unreasonable. It just seems like a logical thing that should be in place.
This is not unreasonable. What's ridiculous is your apparent belief that there exists any documentation Obama could produce that would make the issue go away.Look deeply into the heart of birther-land. Do these seem like reasonable people, who base their opinions on things like facts and evidence? Obviously not. Do you think Sam Quentin would be convinced if he saw the long-form birth certificate? Would Jon Mx be satisfied to know which hospital the Obama was born in? Really?

'CBusAlex said:
Well, it isn't about whether Obama is a natural born citizen or not to me. 99.99% sure he is. It is about whether we should have a neutral party making that determination and whether that neutral party should have published rules as to what evidence is acceptable and what isn't.

Don't know why that makes me unreasonable. It just seems like a logical thing that should be in place.
This is not unreasonable. What's ridiculous is your apparent belief that there exists any documentation Obama could produce that would make the issue go away.Look deeply into the heart of birther-land. Do these seem like reasonable people, who base their opinions on things like facts and evidence? Obviously not. Do you think Sam Quentin would be convinced if he saw the long-form birth certificate? Would Jon Mx be satisfied to know which hospital the Obama was born in? Really?
There was an filed document which was filled out at the time and subsequently scanned into the archives. That document absolutely would make this all go away. I am not sure what is so crazy about that. A document or copy thereof exists, produce it. That is all 80% of the so-called birthers are asking.

'CBusAlex said:
Well, it isn't about whether Obama is a natural born citizen or not to me. 99.99% sure he is. It is about whether we should have a neutral party making that determination and whether that neutral party should have published rules as to what evidence is acceptable and what isn't.

Don't know why that makes me unreasonable. It just seems like a logical thing that should be in place.
There was an filed document which was filled out at the time and subsequently scanned into the archives. That document absolutely would make this all go away. I am not sure what is so crazy about that. A document or copy thereof exists, produce it. That is all 80% of the so-called birthers are asking.
As if they wouldn't go onto some other crazy accusatory tirade. And everyone knows it.

As if they wouldn't go onto some other crazy accusatory tirade. And everyone knows it.
That is a pretty lame argument which is often used. Produce the document. I think it would be a good idea to start a fund with a goal of $1 million to be given to Obama's favorite charity the minute he authorizes release of assuming it prior to next election.

'CBusAlex said:

:goodposting: Obama could have been born on the steps of the Washington Monument with birthers watching three feet away as he popped out of his mamma's womb and they'd point to the marble step, scream "It was cut from a quarry in Italy!" and question whether he was American.

Obama could have been born on the steps of the Washington Monument with birthers watching three feet away as he popped out of his mamma's womb and they'd point to the marble step, scream "It was cut from a quarry in Italy!" and question whether he was American.
Totally not true.

The point is that if there were a pre-existing regulation stating that the short form certificate was acceptable as proof of being a natural-born citizen, this issue would never have gotten legs.
Apparently, that issue is pretty well settled outside of birther-land.Janice Okubo, a spokesperson for the Hawaiian Department of Health, is quoted here explaining some of the "short form" versus "long form" stuff. (She says that there is no "short form" versus "long form" stuff. But what is being called the "short form" contains all the information needed by all federal government agencies for transactions requiring a birth certificate, and has been recognized by the US Supreme Court as an official birth certificate meeting all federal and other requirements.)
*crickets*

Obama could have been born on the steps of the Washington Monument with birthers watching three feet away as he popped out of his mamma's womb and they'd point to the marble step, scream "It was cut from a quarry in Italy!" and question whether he was American.
Totally not true.
The fact that you had to state that to such a ludicrous scenario should tell you how far out of reality the birthers are.

The point is that if there were a pre-existing regulation stating that the short form certificate was acceptable as proof of being a natural-born citizen, this issue would never have gotten legs.
Apparently, that issue is pretty well settled outside of birther-land.Janice Okubo, a spokesperson for the Hawaiian Department of Health, is quoted here explaining some of the "short form" versus "long form" stuff. (She says that there is no "short form" versus "long form" stuff. But what is being called the "short form" contains all the information needed by all federal government agencies for transactions requiring a birth certificate, and has been recognized by the US Supreme Court as an official birth certificate meeting all federal and other requirements.)
*crickets*
What is the question which was posed there? It is not about short form vs. long form. It is about seeing the archived copy of the original birth certificate which was filed. I want to know if Obama was born in a hospital and certified by a doctor/nurse or if it was something some relative submitted which could have been done with the parents overseas. That is the issue.

*crickets*
What is the question which was posed there? It is not about short form vs. long form. It is about seeing the archived copy of the original birth certificate which was filed. I want to know if Obama was born in a hospital and certified by a doctor/nurse or if it was something some relative submitted which could have been done with the parents overseas. That is the issue.
You should run for Emperor of Birther-Land (assuming it's an elected position).

*crickets*
Why?

*crickets*
Why?
Perhaps he thinks home-birthed babies can't become president.

Did you miss the overseas part? Maybe that wouldn't change anything in the court's eyes. Maybe it would. I doubt there is any court that would do anything though. But to a lot of Americans it would upset them. Technically by law, there is doubt if he would be considered a citizen under those circumstances. A foreign father, a foreign birth, an American mother.

Did you miss the overseas part? Maybe that wouldn't change anything in the court's eyes. Maybe it would. I doubt there is any court that would do anything though. But to a lot of Americans it would upset them. Technically by law, there is doubt if he would be considered a citizen under those circumstances. A foreign father, a foreign birth, an American mother.
No, I didn't miss the overseas part. It was the logical extension of your argument about wanting to know whether or not he was born in a hospital. Let's say the documentation stattes that his mother gave birth at their family's home. Then what?

No, I didn't miss the overseas part. It was the logical extension of your argument about wanting to know whether or not he was born in a hospital. Let's say the documentation stattes that his mother gave birth at their family's home. Then what?
If that what the documents show, then that is what they show. It would be iron-clad shut the door case if there was a real doctor or nurse who signed it to provide evidence outside of immediate family. If it was just grandma who filed the form, then it contradicts Obama's story and it raises flags.

Wouldn't Obama's mom's passport file show whether or not she was overseas when Obama was born?
Have we've seen her passport? I am pretty sure those records are vaulted up as much as these.
Sure, but they would have been easily accessible by the Bush administration, no? In fact, Obama's own passport file was hacked during the campaign if memory serves.
I am not sure the Bush Administration cared about Obama. They essentially elected him in more ways then one. The bailout doomed the McCain candidacy as much as McCain being a terrible candidate did.

Wouldn't Obama's mom's passport file show whether or not she was overseas when Obama was born?
Have we've seen her passport? I am pretty sure those records are vaulted up as much as these.
Sure, but they would have been easily accessible by the Bush administration, no? In fact, Obama's own passport file was hacked during the campaign if memory serves.
I am not sure the Bush Administration cared about Obama. They essentially elected him in more ways then one. The bailout doomed the McCain candidacy as much as McCain being a terrible candidate did.
The reason the bailout was needed doomed the R candidate no matter who it was, not the bailout itself. The Rs were doomed already by the time Bush pleaded for the it. The fact that McCain turned into a party licking toady and picked the biggest ####### in politics since Quayle didn't help either.

'CBusAlex said:

:goodposting: Obama could have been born on the steps of the Washington Monument with birthers watching three feet away as he popped out of his mamma's womb and they'd point to the marble step, scream "It was cut from a quarry in Italy!" and question whether he was American.
This is not unlike how the left, including the New York Times questioned the eligibility of John McCain, the Grandson of a Nvay Admiral, the son of a Navy Admiral, because he was born on a Naval base in US territory while both of his parents were on active duty defendimg this country.But go ahead and stay on your high horse and fantasize crazy things about the other side thgat are actually factually true about your side.

Last edited by a moderator:
'CBusAlex said:
Look deeply into the heart of birther-land. Do these seem like reasonable people, who base their opinions on things like facts and evidence? Obviously not. Do you think Sam Quentin would be convinced if he saw the long-form birth certificate? Would Jon Mx be satisfied to know which hospital the Obama was born in? Really?
this is crazier than any birther talk

The reason the bailout was needed doomed the R candidate no matter who it was, not the bailout itself. The Rs were doomed already by the time Bush pleaded for the it. The fact that McCain turned into a party licking toady and picked the biggest ####### in politics since Quayle didn't help either.
You are probably right. But as I recall after the Bush announcement, McCain ran to DC and drop the campaign. He looked like an idiot and not Presidential in the way he handled it. Obama sat back and let the process work. McCain immediately dropped more than 5 points in the polling and never got that back.

On the one hand you have a selectively and unoffically verified document of Hawaii birth.

Ok, I guess it could be a clever enough forgery to fool a few website goofballs, but then you'd have to ignore all of the other circumstantial evidence.

On the other hand you have people saying he can't/won't release the originals because:

a) It's helping him....really? Maybe his base loves this, but he had them at "hope and Change"

b) All of these court cases aren't really costing him that much

c) It won't convince people -- maybe some, but every birther post I've seen on this thread would be OK with that

We have the rich and powerful aligned against the common man with the common man divided into red and blue teams and all you people can do is sit around and ##### about this ####...no wonder this country is in deep ####.

You are probably right. But as I recall after the Bush announcement, McCain ran to DC and drop the campaign. He looked like an idiot and not Presidential in the way he handled it. Obama sat back and let the process work. McCain immediately dropped more than 5 points in the polling and never got that back.
Obama sat on the sidelines and contributed nothing...Like he has during every major crisis since elected.He's the ultimate figurehead/toady

*crickets*
Can Jon produce a birth certificate proving that he was born in Birther-land? Long form, not short, and it must be signed by a Doctor.

'CBusAlex said:
Well, it isn't about whether Obama is a natural born citizen or not to me. 99.99% sure he is. It is about whether we should have a neutral party making that determination and whether that neutral party should have published rules as to what evidence is acceptable and what isn't.Don't know why that makes me unreasonable. It just seems like a logical thing that should be in place.
Ask them.

*crickets*
He can't. He's not a native- born citizen.

Totally not true.
Totally untrue. The marble came from Texas and Massachusetts!

Totally not true.
Reminds me of a humorous story....John Mellencamp went to Italy and ordered a limestone fireplace mantle and surround and paid a small fortune to have it shipped overseas for his new house. Got it delivered, and noticed the tag on the bottom. Made in Bedford, IN. Less than 15 miles from his house.

Totally not true.
Reminds me of a humorous story....John Mellencamp went to Italy and ordered a limestone fireplace mantle and surround and paid a small fortune to have it shipped overseas for his new house. Got it delivered, and noticed the tag on the bottom. Made in Bedford, IN. Less than 15 miles from his house.
And he just believed the tag, no questions asked? Why didn't he ask for shipping records? Maybe signed pay sheets of the Bedford, IN employees who were responsible for the limestone fireplace mantle? I mean, what's to say that the limestone fireplace mantle wasn't built in Kenya or Indonesia or some other place, and then someone just put a Bedford, IN tag on it to fool those silly Americans?

Totally not true.
And he just believed the tag, no questions asked? Why didn't he ask for shipping records? Maybe signed pay sheets of the Bedford, IN employees who were responsible for the limestone fireplace mantle? I mean, what's to say that the limestone fireplace mantle wasn't built in Kenya or Indonesia or some other place, and then someone just put a Bedford, IN tag on it to fool those silly Americans?
Or it could actually be true considering Bedford is known as the limestone capital of the world.

Totally not true.
Or it could actually be true considering Bedford is known as the limestone capital of the world.
Sure, it could be true. But I believe this was darker variety of limestone, and when I see darker limestone I getvery suspicious about its origins. It's not that I don't believe it came from Bedford, and I know that the tag tells me that the product meets all the requirements for domestic production that is required by law. It's just that I'd really like to see every single document related to the production of this limestone, you know, just because I'm skeptical. Again, I'm 99.99% sure it's from Indiana- but what it is it hiding?

Totally not true.
Sure, it could be true. But I believe this was darker variety of limestone, and when I see darker limestone I getvery suspicious about its origins. It's not that I don't believe it came from Bedford, and I know that the tag tells me that the product meets all the requirements for domestic production that is required by law. It's just that I'd really like to see every single document related to the production of this limestone, you know, just because I'm skeptical. Again, I'm 99.99% sure it's from Indiana- but what it is it hiding?
1/10

This is not unlike how the left, including the New York Times questioned the eligibility of John McCain, the Grandson of a Nvay Admiral, the son of a Navy Admiral, because he was born on a Naval base in US territory while both of his parents were on active duty defendimg this country.But go ahead and stay on your high horse and fantasize crazy things about the other side thgat are actually factually true about your side.
Really?Cuz until you posted that I had never heard of this so-called left-wing controversy.Also, I thought the going schtick was that the left loves McCain, and invaded Republican primaries to make him the nominee to ensure a liberal would be president.I mean, and I imagining things, or does the right hate McCain alot more than the left? :confused:

That is a pretty lame argument which is often used.
It's already happened. Birthers demanded to see Obama's birth certificate to prove he was born in America. He produced that. Now they want to see a different birth certificate to know which specific hospital he was born in, as though that has any relevance. If he produced that, there's a nearly infinite supply of inconsequential facts about the man (WHO WAS OBAMA'S DATE TO THE SENIOR PROM?!? WHY IS HE COVERING THIS UP?!?) that birthers could demand.I mean, if you were perfectly honest with yourself, you'd see that your position here is not based in reason, but emotion. You want Obama to look bad. You want him to be hiding something. Even though on some level, you know that he isn't.

Totally not true.
:lmao: classic

Totally not true.
See how easy it is?

That is a pretty lame argument which is often used.
It's already happened. Birthers demanded to see Obama's birth certificate to prove he was born in America. He produced that. Now they want to see a different birth certificate to know which specific hospital he was born in, as though that has any relevance. If he produced that, there's a nearly infinite supply of inconsequential facts about the man (WHO WAS OBAMA'S DATE TO THE SENIOR PROM?!? WHY IS HE COVERING THIS UP?!?) that birthers could demand.I mean, if you were perfectly honest with yourself, you'd see that your position here is not based in reason, but emotion. You want Obama to look bad. You want him to be hiding something. Even though on some level, you know that he isn't.
Why would Obama's date to the prom be relevant to whether he was naturally-born?Personally, I want to see DNA evidence that he's not some character from Plan 9 from Outer Space. After all, he does have the support of the zombie element here on earth!

Users who are viewing this thread