What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Birther Conspiracy Thread (1 Viewer)

Wait, is there any indication anyone seriously considered this "proof" and not some joke?
shhhh
No need to be quiet, you know there is....

Yesterday afternoon, an anonymous source known only as “Peter R.” reached out to VICE with claims that he had in his possession a video of President Barack Obama’s birth. Peter said that the footage was shot at a hospital in Mombasa, Kenya, on August 4, 1961, by his father, Barack Obama Sr. He sent us the password to a private video on Vimeo, a short clip that appears to depict a white woman who resembles Ann Dunham, Obama’s mother, giving birth to a ginormous black baby. Peter also told us that he has the entire roughly 15-minute video in his possession and has been attempting to reach out to Donald Trump and other prominent birther theorists.

Wait, is there any indication anyone seriously considered this "proof" and not some joke?
shhhh

Yesterday afternoon, an anonymous source known only as “Peter R.” reached out to VICE with claims that he had in his possession a video of President Barack Obama’s birth. Peter said that the footage was shot at a hospital in Mombasa, Kenya, on August 4, 1961, by his father, Barack Obama Sr. He sent us the password to a private video on Vimeo, a short clip that appears to depict a white woman who resembles Ann Dunham, Obama’s mother, giving birth to a ginormous black baby. Peter also told us that he has the entire roughly 15-minute video in his possession and has been attempting to reach out to Donald Trump and other prominent birther theorists.
:lmao: :lmao:

shhhh
Once you read the rest of it, it's obviously a joke. He overplayed it, e.g.:
Q: Well, that baby is massive. It looks like it’s at least a year old.A: Babies are born heavy all the time; I see no issue with that. And I assure you, most of the general public has no idea how big infants are in Kenya.Q: What?A: You might think the US is a fat society, but in Kenya they are born big and then they become light. Which is evidenced by the fact that today, Obama is really light and fit. That’s just the way it is.

shhhh
Once you read the rest of it, it's obviously a joke. He overplayed it, e.g.:
Q: Well, that baby is massive. It looks like it’s at least a year old.A: Babies are born heavy all the time; I see no issue with that. And I assure you, most of the general public has no idea how big infants are in Kenya.Q: What?A: You might think the US is a fat society, but in Kenya they are born big and then they become light. Which is evidenced by the fact that today, Obama is really light and fit. That’s just the way it is.
boooo...I was :popcorn: :lol: :popcorn: at matuski and Pickles getting all worked up over this

'MasterofOrion said:
I think this video is interesting. I am not saying it is real and I have no way verify if it is or not.

Obama's father has 8mm pictures of his birth in Kenya.
:lmao:

OK, so someone was stupid enough to think this isn't a joke. I thought at worst it was some guy trying to trick Donald Trump into losing money. But unless MoO has developed a deeper sense of sarcasm in the last few days, it looks like this actually did hook some idiot.

'MasterofOrion said:
I think this video is interesting. I am not saying it is real and I have no way verify if it is or not.

OK, so someone was stupid enough to think this isn't a joke. I thought at worst it was some guy trying to trick Donald Trump into losing money. But unless MoO has developed a deeper sense of sarcasm in the last few days, it looks like this actually did hook some idiot.
It didn't hook me. I said it was interesting. I did not say was real.

'MasterofOrion said:

'MasterofOrion said:

I have never been a birther and stayed out of the birther threads. Yes the video is a hoax which makes it interesting. So please don't make me something I am not.

'MasterofOrion said:

'MasterofOrion said:

So glad I quoted it before MoO could delete his post :lmao:
The fact that I wanted to delete the post immediately after I posted it should be telling. Again I saw the video, thought it was over the top which made it interesting and it is. I hedged because I didn't know anything about the video, but if I gave it 2 seconds thought it is obviously a hoax which I stated in my second post. I am in no way endorsing this video. I never have spent much time with the birther controversy. I always felt that there were bigger fish to go after Obama with, specifically how he recklessly spends money and runs up the national debt.In short you have made me into something I am not.

The fact that I wanted to delete the post immediately after I posted it should be telling. Again I saw the video, thought it was over the top which made it interesting and it is. I hedged because I didn't know anything about the video, but if I gave it 2 seconds thought it is obviously a hoax which I stated in my second post. I am in no way endorsing this video. I never have spent much time with the birther controversy. I always felt that there were bigger fish to go after Obama with, specifically how he recklessly spends money and runs up the national debt.In short you have made me into something I am not.
I know exactly what you are. You, Flying Spaghetti Monster, cr8f, Jim11, you're all the same. You see one tiny bit of anything out there on the web that might be contorted to fit your view and you rush over here to post it without even bothering to give it any critical analysis. You're so eager to make a point you don't even stop to think if the source is right or if they're pulling your leg. Then you don't even bother to read the last few posts of thread you're posting in to see if it's already been discussed. You're a drive-by spammer. You're not coming to these boards to engage in discussion, to be a part of the community here, instead, you're just jumping in to hammer in some point and then drop out without having to participate any further in an open-ended conversation.

In short, you, FSM, cr8f, and Jim11 are the worst kind of people on here.

I know exactly what you are. You, Flying Spaghetti Monster, cr8f, Jim11, you're all the same. You see one tiny bit of anything out there on the web that might be contorted to fit your view and you rush over here to post it without even bothering to give it any critical analysis. You're so eager to make a point you don't even stop to think if the source is right or if they're pulling your leg. Then you don't even bother to read the last few posts of thread you're posting in to see if it's already been discussed. You're a drive-by spammer. You're not coming to these boards to engage in discussion, to be a part of the community here, instead, you're just jumping in to hammer in some point and then drop out without having to participate any further in an open-ended conversation.

:goodposting: I thought we had a list of these people somewhere.

MoO is in a different class than those other guys, though. Those other guys are just partisan hacks, and the board would likely be better off without them. OTOH the FFA would not be better off without MoO. His particular variety of stupid is far more entertaining than annoying.

'Sarnoff said:
'MasterofOrion said:

I see your point. I do at times do exactly what you accuse me of and I can see why it is frustrating. I will try and be less of a drive bye spammer. OTOH my problem started because I was the exact opposite in some threads, where I wouldn't give it up fight.. I would have been far better in those threads if I said what I had to say and then shut up. The result is I have earned some real enemies like ignoratio elechi. As you can see his comments are over the top rude, pugnacious and vitriolic. Moreover, there are posters end up being trolls, IE is another great example of this. Their posts serve no purpose other than trying to get an emotional response. The point is there are some times I am much better off not engaging or responding. This is not drive bye spamming. It is my attempt to keep the board more civil. That being said, I will try engaging you more often in a respectful manor if you give me another shot.

'Sarnoff said:
'MasterofOrion said:

I see your point. I do at times do exactly what you accuse me of and I can see why it is frustrating. I will try and be less of a drive bye spammer. OTOH my problem started because I was the exact opposite in some threads, where I wouldn't give it up fight.. I would have been far better in those threads if I said what I had to say and then shut up. The result is I have earned some real enemies like ignoratio elechi. As you can see his comments are over the top rude, pugnacious and vitriolic. Moreover, there are posters end up being trolls, IE is another great example of this. Their posts serve no purpose other than trying to get an emotional response. The point is there are some times I am much better off not engaging or responding. This is not drive bye spamming. It is my attempt to keep the board more civil. That being said, I will try engaging you more often in a respectful manor if you give me another shot.

Real enemies :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

'MasterofOrion said:

Ah, golddigger. You never let me down. :wub:

Op-Ed: Why Christians shouldn't be 'birthers'

Apr 19, 2011 by Carol Forsloff

Religion - 9 comments

Listen to this article (by ReadSpeaker)

Christians celebrate Easter, claiming a man called Jesus lived about 2000 years ago, died on a stake, physically rose from the dead and went to heaven, yet some of them question the validity of a birth certificate less than 50 years old.

Read more: http://m.digitaljournal.com/article/305793#ixzz2OxJY5XPA

Easter. recognized as a holy day by many Christians, celebrates the life and death sacrifice of this man called Jesus. According to the story related in a text called The Bible, Jesus was born to a woman by the name of Mary who had not had sex with anyone in order to conceive him. The narrative further explains Mary was visited by an angel prior to the birth of Jesus and told the child she was expecting was the Son of God and not to worry what people thought about it.

This book called the Bible, whom many authorities question because of its numerous translations, further details the life of this Jesus. The Bible maintains he lived to about age 33 and was sent by God to teach a spiritual message and to provide a living example of how to live a good life. It also claims that Jesus healed lepers and blind people and actually took a dead man and restored him to life. The account then describes how Jesus was nailed to a wooden stake to die painfully, then physically alive, vigorous and whole, left his tomb after an angel removed a huge rock to permit his exit so he could meet with some of his followers before ascending to heaven to sit next to God.

Scientific and historical evidence for these claims comes largely from friends or followers of Jesus. Some stories about Jesus were related orally at the time of his life, while many were written over a period of time after Jesus had died. There is, of course, a very brief account from Pliny the Younger, a Roman historian at the time Jesus was preaching and trying to convince people of his position as God’s son. That account simply states there was a man teaching in the area who had made claims about having special ruling authority and that this man had a beard parted in the middle. No physical evidence was ever presented to support the circumstances of either the birth or death of this man, Jesus, outside of those most apt to gain more followers to their Christian cause. Other evidence of a shroud called the Shroud of Turin in which he may have been buried is under serious scrutiny by modern scientists, with no agreed conclusion that it really wrapped the body of Jesus those many years ago.

Agnostics and atheists, and those who recognize the value of observable and scientifically-established evidence, are asked to suspend scientific knowledge and lack of significant historical support in order to believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, died, then physically rose from the dead and that he is now sitting on the right hand of God. There are also many people, like those of the Jewish faith, who do not believe the Christian-presented evidence either, because they claim that the conditions of evidence they had been given in early books of the Bible were not met by this man Jesus.

The claim used by Christians most to support their beliefs is that people should have faith and that faith will allow them to believe these exceptional ideas about Jesus. For centuries, however, many people continue to refuse to believe any account of Jesus, demanding more and more concrete evidence about the man.

These days Barack Obama, who is not considered by his supporters to be anyone other than a politician and ordinary man, is under scrutiny by some Christians for lacking, in their belief, reasonable and acceptable birth evidence. This is in spite of the fact that people who are not, and have never been, Obama's friends have actually seen the documentation in writing at the hospital where Obama is reported to have been born. These include people of real authority, voted by the majority of people in the place where Obama was born, yet individuals who have nothing to gain from the evidence produced. In other words, most of them, like former Republican Governor Linda Lingle, stood to gain nothing when she verified the authenticity of physical records related to the birth of the President of the United States.

If faith is an important value for people, and love to be the driving force of Christian ethics, there appears to be hypocrisy in refuting the arguments of agnostics and atheists about the birth and death of Jesus while claiming a birth certificate backed up by physical evidence of a contemporary man should not be trusted

Even so, if faith is the criteria for love and trust, than it would serve as a reasonable platform for either a President’s right to serve in office or the Son of God to serve man.

Op-Ed: Why Christians shouldn't be 'birthers'

Apr 19, 2011 by Carol Forsloff

Religion - 9 comments

Listen to this article (by ReadSpeaker)

Christians celebrate Easter, claiming a man called Jesus lived about 2000 years ago, died on a stake, physically rose from the dead and went to heaven, yet some of them question the validity of a birth certificate less than 50 years old.

Read more: http://m.digitaljournal.com/article/305793#ixzz2OxJY5XPA

Easter. recognized as a holy day by many Christians, celebrates the life and death sacrifice of this man called Jesus. According to the story related in a text called The Bible, Jesus was born to a woman by the name of Mary who had not had sex with anyone in order to conceive him. The narrative further explains Mary was visited by an angel prior to the birth of Jesus and told the child she was expecting was the Son of God and not to worry what people thought about it.

This book called the Bible, whom many authorities question because of its numerous translations, further details the life of this Jesus. The Bible maintains he lived to about age 33 and was sent by God to teach a spiritual message and to provide a living example of how to live a good life. It also claims that Jesus healed lepers and blind people and actually took a dead man and restored him to life. The account then describes how Jesus was nailed to a wooden stake to die painfully, then physically alive, vigorous and whole, left his tomb after an angel removed a huge rock to permit his exit so he could meet with some of his followers before ascending to heaven to sit next to God.

Scientific and historical evidence for these claims comes largely from friends or followers of Jesus. Some stories about Jesus were related orally at the time of his life, while many were written over a period of time after Jesus had died. There is, of course, a very brief account from Pliny the Younger, a Roman historian at the time Jesus was preaching and trying to convince people of his position as God’s son. That account simply states there was a man teaching in the area who had made claims about having special ruling authority and that this man had a beard parted in the middle. No physical evidence was ever presented to support the circumstances of either the birth or death of this man, Jesus, outside of those most apt to gain more followers to their Christian cause. Other evidence of a shroud called the Shroud of Turin in which he may have been buried is under serious scrutiny by modern scientists, with no agreed conclusion that it really wrapped the body of Jesus those many years ago.

Agnostics and atheists, and those who recognize the value of observable and scientifically-established evidence, are asked to suspend scientific knowledge and lack of significant historical support in order to believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, died, then physically rose from the dead and that he is now sitting on the right hand of God. There are also many people, like those of the Jewish faith, who do not believe the Christian-presented evidence either, because they claim that the conditions of evidence they had been given in early books of the Bible were not met by this man Jesus.

The claim used by Christians most to support their beliefs is that people should have faith and that faith will allow them to believe these exceptional ideas about Jesus. For centuries, however, many people continue to refuse to believe any account of Jesus, demanding more and more concrete evidence about the man.

These days Barack Obama, who is not considered by his supporters to be anyone other than a politician and ordinary man, is under scrutiny by some Christians for lacking, in their belief, reasonable and acceptable birth evidence. This is in spite of the fact that people who are not, and have never been, Obama's friends have actually seen the documentation in writing at the hospital where Obama is reported to have been born. These include people of real authority, voted by the majority of people in the place where Obama was born, yet individuals who have nothing to gain from the evidence produced. In other words, most of them, like former Republican Governor Linda Lingle, stood to gain nothing when she verified the authenticity of physical records related to the birth of the President of the United States.

If faith is an important value for people, and love to be the driving force of Christian ethics, there appears to be hypocrisy in refuting the arguments of agnostics and atheists about the birth and death of Jesus while claiming a birth certificate backed up by physical evidence of a contemporary man should not be trusted

Even so, if faith is the criteria for love and trust, than it would serve as a reasonable platform for either a President’s right to serve in office or the Son of God to serve man.
What a joke of an article. LOL!

While I couldn't give a flying flip either way, the article is full of crap, as is the poster/defender of the crap. Go ahead and show me proof of even 10% of anyones birth and death dates at the time of Christ and in that region. Then compare that to the more recent period in the United States with it's birth certificates and documentations of birth and death in all the states. One era is based upon unreliable written words and accounts passed for thousands of years. Versus. An era of a nation full of various documentations of it's legal citizens. More crap comparison that is thought to be intelligent and insightful by the insipid.

While I couldn't give a flying flip either way, the article is full of crap, as is the poster/defender of the crap. Go ahead and show me proof of even 10% of anyones birth and death dates at the time of Christ and in that region. Then compare that to the more recent period in the United States with it's birth certificates and documentations of birth and death in all the states. One era is based upon unreliable written words and accounts passed for thousands of years. Versus. An era of a nation full of various documentations of it's legal citizens. More crap comparison that is thought to be intelligent and insightful by the insipid.
Any Christian/birther is a hypocrite of the highest order. That's what the article says to me. The Easter holiday got me thinking about it earlier today.

Any Christian/birther is a hypocrite of the highest order. That's what the article says to me. The Easter holiday got me thinking about it earlier today.
Why would you spend even one minute thinking of that? But ill play along. what do the details of christs have to do with obama's?

Users who are viewing this thread