What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Bob Ferguson Revolution... (1 Viewer)

Goat Herders

Footballguy
Slowly, gently, delicately, there is a coup about to take place.The oft-discussed, fiercely debated topic of exacty WHO WILL Hall of Fame Quarterback BRETT FAVRE throw all those passes to?!?!?!?Well, as we've been discussing, it looks like there are a few people in the Driver corner, some in the Walker corner, and some in the Bob Ferguson corner. Count me as part of the last group, as I believe Bob Ferguson is, well, this year's Donald Driver. I.e. a late round pickup who quickly plays his way into "must start" territory. But I didn't start this thread to debate this point. I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday, so even though I saw Fergie end up with 7 targets and a TD, does anyone have any info on how he looked? Was his TD celebration a "mockery" of his ankle injury, or did I miss something? Green Bay, fans, haters, and homers, weigh in here!!!!HERD

He did pretty well for a guy who was "out for a month or more with torn knee and ankle injuries" last Monday. Great to have him produce rather than sitting while he is dinged up.

He did pretty well for a guy who was "out for a month or more with torn knee and ankle injuries" last Monday. Great to have him produce rather than sitting while he is dinged up.
I almost dropped him when I heard those reports. :wall: I didn't put him in my lineup this week but am glad to see such a quick recovery. Playing the Lions might of helped a bit too...

I just picked him up off waivers for Conway (12 team league, start 3 wr, so I was supprised he was there). I like the next two matchups for GB and Vinny just likes Cherbet too carry Conway on the bench right now.

Alright I'm jumping on the bandwagon. He's a tough sob and that's a great quality to have in a receiver if you are currently being burned by Porter.... :rant:

And now to muddy the waters of the GB WR situation even more:

Packers | Ferguson Plays, Scores, Re-injures Knee - from www.KFFL.comSun, 14 Sep 2003 17:40:07 -0700Updating previous reports, the Associated Press reports Green Bay Packers WR Robert Ferguson (knee/ankle) did indeed play on Sunday, Sept. 14, and scored his first touchdown of the season. However, Ferguson did re-injure his sprained knee early in the fourth quarter and was forced to the sideline. Packers.com reports head coach Mike Sherman thinks Ferguson should be OK
I think I'll be holding onto Walker for at least another week, but NOT starting him. :no:

But I didn't start this thread to debate this point. I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday, so even though I saw Fergie end up with 7 targets and a TD, does anyone have any info on how he looked? Was his TD celebration a "mockery" of his ankle injury, or did I miss something? Green Bay, fans, haters, and homers, weigh in here!!!!
You got it.I was firmly entrenched in the 'Javon Walker will be the future of the GB wr's' camp.No longer.Ferguson gets this comment from Favre.
“He’s one of the tougher guys you’ll ever be around,” Favre said. “I can’t believe he played this week.”
and
“I don’t want to say that’s what we expect out of guys,” Favre said. “No one would have said anything had he not played.”
That's saying something... and when your catching passes from Favre.. that's saying a whole lot!I think it would take a shotgun to keep him off the field next week.
A week ago, few believed Ferguson when he said he would play after injuring his knee and ankle. Ferguson said playing Sunday was “the worst pain I’ve ever played through” but vowed to be on the field when the Packers travel to face the Arizona Cardinals next Sunday.“I’ll be out there,” Ferguson said. “There’s always rehab the next day.”
I'm impressed.F

I've been a member of this particular revolution from the get go. Nice to see him be successful yesterday, hopefully he'll be in better shape this upcomming week ...... against the Cardinals!!! Keep us posted on the Ferguson health updates.

I am interested in signing up, but I would like to know more about how bad his injuries are; this post = bump

Count me as a member - I drafted him in the 17th round, didn't drop him after week 1, and am now ready to reap the benefits. I just hope that he's not another guy who ends up questionable every week...but those commetns from Favre are really impressive.

Robert Ferguson was plagued with injuries throughout college. He was also plagued with playing hurt, playing well, and not making excuses. As he stated about this past week, "I've had this injury before, and I can play through it." Fergie benefited at the end of last year from an increased amount of love from Favre and the early part of this season shows that Favre will continue looking his way often. Ferguson's first 2 years were saddled with poor practice habits which were not lost on his HOF Quarterback. However, by Bob's own admission, "I'm not that guy anymore. I don't even know who that was the last 2 years, because that's not the person I want to be..."Considering last Monday he was possibly out for the year and made it into Sunday's game, I'd suggest that unless you have a clearly better option or Fergie is listed as "Hospitalized with Bubonic Plague", you consider him as a great WR3 and emerging WR2 as soon as this week against Arizona.The entire anthem behind the Bob Ferguson Revolution goes something like this..."We, the Bob Ferguson Militia, believe that Fergie has the size, speed, hands, and ability to emerge as Brett Favre's favorite WR this year. We believe he stands to put up WR1 numbers in a good offense with a nice schedule. Furthermore, we believe that Donald Driver's 2002 contributions will not translate into 2003 contributions and that all the talent in the world won't make up for the fact that Javon Walker isn't very smart, and more importantly, won't make up for the fact that he has poor hands for a WR. " ;) HERD

I'm with you. I picked him up last week after someone waived him. I'm starting him this week since Booker has a bye - though I'd be starting him over Booker if he were playing this week but that's another story altogether.GDB Kordell & Shoop

Question for the masses though: What the heck was that touchdown pose after his TD last week?
I believe that one is called... 'I conquered an ankle injury and will play with a broken spine'.It keeps getting better.
Practicing is his first concern, but when that might occur is unknown.Last week, Ferguson only practiced one day and then played."I don't want to do that again," he said. "I would rather practice."
Now he's lobbying to stay in PRACTICE. He's the Anti-Alan Iverson!F

OK, he's now on the roster and will get the start this week over Troy Brown...Hopefully Driver stays on the bench this week.

OK, he's now on the roster and will get the start this week over Troy Brown...Hopefully Driver stays on the bench this week.
Heck, I dropped Brown for him.I will not regret that. He's no #2.

Sign me up too. Drafted him in the 14th hoping he could beat out Booker and Galloway for WR3 (behind Holt and Toomer). Always planned on covering wk 3 byes with him, but he has most likely found a permanent place on my roster if he can stay healthy.

Any GB homies got more on his injury/playing status - in fact any updates you could give during the week would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, I was hesitant to join a militia because my parents warned about people like you guys, but I can't take it any more. I've GOT to be part of this exclusive club. :P Some dolt in 1 of my 12 team leagues dropped him and now I plan to pick him up (it might cost me a few bucks) and start him against that same guy this week. Quincy Morgan just aint gettin it done :wall:

Pyramid,Funny you mention the elusive Q Morgan. You're right, he's not getting it done, but he will get the opportunity to watch Bob from the Goat Herders bench this week as well. (I can't bring myself to bench Eddie George yet.)HERD

I'm hoping to join. He was dropped last week for Walker. I tried to get him, but in our league, once dropped from a roster, you have to go through one waiver wire session.Since I select eighth out of ten, I may have little hope, but I'll keep a candle burning for picking up Bob.

Pyramid,Funny you mention the elusive Q Morgan. You're right, he's not getting it done, but he will get the opportunity to watch Bob from the Goat Herders bench this week as well. (I can't bring myself to bench Eddie George yet.)HERD
Herd I am surprised at you. A champion of such young up-and-comers such as Ferg and Q Morg starting Eddie George. I'll have to take a moment to acclimate myself to that idea. What round did you draft Eddie in?

I'm in.He's been on my roster since the draft. Was close to dropping him after he was injured, but my instincts told me to hang on. My only problem is I can't find room for him in my starting lineup, except for a bye week fill in. He's not going in front of Harrison, K. Robinson or C. Johnson.

Pyramid,I'm in a 12 team with 16 roster spots. 1 QB, 1TE, 2RB, 2 WR, 1K, 1def start with tiered yardage and TD scoring.I got Eddie at 3.02 and feel that starting a RB in the Flex position is nice for grabbing a couple extra points, considering that my starting RBs are "Run-Ricky-Run" and "Jamal can Haul". However, I have a set of young buck WRs that may relegate Eddie to bench duty soon... Bob Ferguson Revolution, Elusive Q Morgan, the Andre Johnson Show, and the Chad Johnson World Tour. Hambrick is RB4. Anyway, so as to not hijack my own thread, I thought the Revolution would begin in Week 5, but with the Driver injury taking place, I expect the political climate to blow up this week against the woeful Cardinals. Viva le' Bob!HERD

(slaps table) OK, I'M IN. Picked up Ferguson in one of my leagues, dropping a backup TE. No harm there.Now, I'm considering whether or not it's smart to drop Lelie for him in a 2nd league. Damn, you guys are messing with my mind. :wacko:

(slaps table) OK, I'M IN. Picked up Ferguson in one of my leagues, dropping a backup TE. No harm there.Now, I'm considering whether or not it's smart to drop Lelie for him in a 2nd league. Damn, you guys are messing with my mind. :wacko:
No kidding... the Information Minister over here aka HERD has brainwashed me into dropping a perfectly healthy Walker and picking up an injured Ferguson! I dun' been brainwashed ma! :wacko:I think that it was the Favre quote about how "tough" he thinks Ferg is and how much he wants to have his babies that convinced me to make the move. Favre simply won't throw to a receiver who he doesn't like. He doesn't seem to like Walker, but he does like Ferg... If Ferg can hobble onto the field this Sunday, I think he'll be good for at least 5 catches and a possibly a score.

I like all the love for Ferguson on this thread, but I can't help but wonder if his ankle will be bothering him the rest of the year..I'm hurting a bit at WR, been covering my butt with Cullpepper, James & A. Green in the other spots.. I was thinking of dropping either Conway or Booker for him but I really don't know enough of Ferguson to know if he will be an upgrade over either of them. If he is going to be hobbled, he may not be. Anyone have any idea how much this injury will effect him?

Count me in as well. I drafted him, but he hasn't been in my starting lineup yet (3 WR's). To make it worse, I picked up Javon Walker last week and played him, thinking that Ferguson wouldn't play. Won't do that again unless the injury report says "Robert Ferguson: Out due to Death"

Well, as far is the injury goes, it may nag him but it certainly won't be any worse then last week unless something new takes place.HOWEVER, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. Dropping Marty Booker (90+ catches) is probably not the best idea. Kordell sucks plenty, so it not out of the question. Personally, I would drop Conway for Fergie, but I suspect you'd get a 50/50 split on that one...HERD

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in.He's getting the start for me this week as my WR#2 since Booker's on a bye. Similar to the guy who posted above, he'd probably be starting anyway. Should be interesting when Jimmy Smith comes back picking between these 3 on a weekly basis. Hopefully he makes my decision much easier!

Well, as far is the injury goes, it may nag him but it certainly won't be any worse then last week unless something new takes place.HOWEVER, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. Dropping Marty Booker (90+ catches) is probably not the best idea. Kordell sucks plenty, so it not out of the question. Personally, I would drop Conway for Fergie, but I suspect you'd get a 50/50 split on that one...HERD
Booker, Conway - six of one half a dozen of the other. I don't like either one - I just figure Chicago will suck harder than the Jets on offense.Anyway the real question is if you hypothetically had one roster spot and could fill it with one of Ferguson, Booker or Conway at this point - you'd probably take Feruson right? That seems to be the position that guy was in, so my glib reply was intended to encourage him to get Roberto on the squad. Let the revolution continue.....

I'm in. Just traded Kelly Holcomb and Thrash for Bob and Bulger.
Wow, have you been arrested yet? Because you just ROBBED that guy.Kudos to you! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
May I ask one question? Where does Antonio Freeman fit into this? He had four catches last week, with basically no practice.FBG claims he could have very good numbers next week against Arizona. At, what, the WR3 position?

Whoa ... Lotta love for this guy all of a sudden. Ya, he's a tough SOB but what happens when Driver comes back? It seems to me that with Driver out - you could really make an argument for Ferguson, Walker, OR Freeman. Freeman has the most experience in the system, Ferguson is the fastest and most athletic, and Ferguson is the 'toughest'. But once Driver comes back, he'll be #1 again .....

I'm a Chicago homer, and Booker and that whole offense is worse than it looks! IF THAT'S POSSIBLE! But, we're not talking Booker - we're talking about your newest member! I dropped Quincy Morgan Fairchild for Bob in a few leagues. If we do dis, we go head strong!GO ELK!andGO BOB!

Juicecore, the feeling in the Revolution is that Driver will be SUPPLANTED from his current "#1" rank, as Bob takes the reigns of the Pack's receiving attack. Bob's toughness reminds me of McNair's last season, and mind you, all of this coming from a Bears fan!! GO ELKandGO BOB!

I'm buying the revolution, but I don't mind saying that this is all very disturbing.If anyone offers kool-aid, i'm getting the heck out of here.F

More disturbing is this business about him reaggravating his MCL - being tough is one thing, being foolhardy is another. The revolution is quickly suppressed if he hurts himself long term. It'd be nice to have him against AZ this week, but not if it costs him six games or a season.Oh and today's beverage of choice for the bob comrades is TANG!!!

I'm buying the revolution, but I don't mind saying that this is all very disturbing.

If anyone offers kool-aid, i'm getting the heck out of here.

F
OK, he's on my roster. I want to believe. But 80 yds and 1 TD in two games? And he's gimpy? OK, he's tough alright. But I'm in a yardage only league. I'm just not as intoxicated as the rest of you. Don't know if he's lineup worthy just yet. If not Kool-ade, what have you guys been drinking? Is it the TANG?

I think most guys on this thread are starting 3wr's and Fergie is that 4th Wr that you don't mind starting on Bye weeks. No one is really saying he is a solid #1 or #2 WR. Just a heck of a 14th round value pick or WW pickup with the kind of upside that make's you feel a little more confident when Ward, Toomer or Streets is on his bye. I'm just glad i didn't dump him for Bates when he was supposed to be dead for the rest of the season!!!

Users who are viewing this thread