What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Bosa/Chargers Situation (3 Viewers)

BigSteelThrill said:
1) He was gonna sign if they removed the offset. An offset that many/most teams do not have in their contracts.
The Titans agreed to a partial offset (rather than insisting on a full offset) in Marcus Mariota's contract. Aside from that, I believe only the Rams and Jaguars have ever removed offset language from a rookie contract under the current CBA. That would be 2.5 teams rather than "many/most."

Are you aware of any other teams that have done so?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Titans agreed to a partial offset (rather than a full offset) in Marcus Mariota's contract. Aside from that, I believe only the Rams and Jaguars have ever removed offset language from rookie contracts under the current CBA. That would be 2.5 teams rather than "many/most."

Are you aware of any other teams that have done so?
I had "assumed" it was only a condition with some top-10s.  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/21/battle-over-offset-language-still-lingers-in-top-10-contracts/

So that left 20 of 32 flatly without it. The above article said 5 of the top 10 had it or some lesser form of it.

I haven't read a single post and wanted to fire up a thread a week or two ago...

IMO, San Diego whether the fans are backing them or not have made another terrible error and another addition to the pile of reasons players hope they aren't drafted there. I understand San Diego offered a lot of money $17M sign bonus but they wanted to do it in a way that feels cheap or not playing by the rules of other teams. Every other guy got their signing bonus 100% to my knowledge and the Chargers decide they want to try something different. 

This sends a terrible message to potential players and they seem to still want Bosa to get down on his knees, quite frankly I think this relationship is severed badly. I would support Bosa sitting out and re-entering no matter how much money he loses at this point. Keep work out videos, try and stay as close to game shape but I would stop talking to their front office and start asking for an immediate trade or else you are letting it roll until next season, #### Them!!!

I apologize to San Diego fans, I'm not made at you but I have issue with this front office the same way I take hard shots at my beleaguered Miami Dolphins, I feel bad for you all. Please don't hate on me and feel free to educate the errors of my ways and thoughts on this. No respect for their front office and ownership right now.

I had "assumed" it was only a condition with some top-10s.  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/21/battle-over-offset-language-still-lingers-in-top-10-contracts/

So that left 20 of 32 flatly without it. The above article said 5 of the top 10 had it or some lesser form of it.
Top ten picks are the only ones who have tried to remove that language. It's in there for everyone except for the players who've gotten it removed (i.e., top ten picks selected by the Rams or Jaguars).

The article didn't say that 5 of the top 10 ten had a lesser form of the offset language. It said that only the No. 1 pick and No. 5 pick got it (i.e., players picked by the Rams or Jaguars), while four picks got accelerated bonuses instead of the offset language, and the rest got neither accelerated bonuses nor offset language.

GMs Laughing at San Diego!

There is a resounding feeling across all of football that the rookie season of Joey Bosa isn't heading toward trouble. It isn't close to over. Actually, what three general managers said in interviews was that it is over. It's done. It's gone. The ####### Chargers flushed it down the toilet. 

"If Joey Bosa ended his dispute tomorrow," said one NFC general manager, "he would barely get something from his rookie year. But it won't end tomorrow. It could be weeks. So effectively, the Chargers threw away the rookie year of their own high draft pick."

"His rookie season is over," said another NFC general manager, "and he may not be a Charger."

When league executives say his season is over, they mean effectively over, because he'd report to the team so late that it's unlikely he'd be able to make any significant contributions.

The second NFC general manager said there's a 20 to 30 percent chance that Bosa refuses to play for the Chargers and then re-enters the draft next year (the Chargers would own his rights until draft day). Bosa could then be picked in the draft by any team but the Chargers. The trading deadline has passed.

Dominic DiSaia/Associated Press

A member of the Bosa camp told me that that possibility "is slim but growing every day." The problem Bosa has is that a worse team than the Chargers could draft him, though now that seems hard to imagine. Even the Browns are laughing at the Chargers.

This is where we are with Bosa. Because of the utter cheapness of the Chargers and their penny-pinching, irrational, self-defeating ways, Bosa has lost one season of his career.

There are rookies who prosper in the NFL. Jim Brown did. So did Earl Campbell. And Charles Woodson and Von Miller. Odell Beckham humiliated Pro Bowl veterans. It does happen, but it remains incredibly rare for a rookie to dominate. The chances are almost infinitesimal that a rookie could miss training camp and still contribute anything of significance. This isn't to say it has never happened, but it's as rare as the Chargers doing something smart.

This is the main point of the general managers interviewed. It's not a groundbreaking point, but it's important.

Joey Bosa has no chance to do anything this year. Not a damn thing beyond making some special teams tackles.

In speaking to people around the NFL, I've rarely seen such a unanimity on two fronts: 1) Bosa's rookie year is over, and 2) the Chargers are screwing this up.

I cannot stress this enough. Every team I speak to thinks the Chargers are ruining Bosa. They are laughing at the Chargers. Laughing at them.

"This is very Chargers," said one general manager.

Regardless, you need to not be in the situation they are in now. Child like to send out the press release, it churned my stomach. Bunch of 1st graders. 
I thought the press release was okay since Bosa's agent had been leaking stuff to the press all along.

I agree, though, that the Chargers are idiots for letting things get this far. They'd have been better off just giving Bosa everything he wanted at the outset. (Likewise, Bosa would have been better off just accepting whatever the Chargers offered. Both sides have hurt themselves quite a bit just because they wanted the satisfaction of making sure that the other side was hurt even more.)

Top ten picks are the only ones who have tried to remove that language. It's in there for everyone except for the players who've gotten it removed (i.e., top ten picks selected by the Rams or Jaguars).

The article didn't say that 5 of the top 10 ten had a lesser form of the offset language. It said that only the No. 1 pick and No. 5 pick got it (i.e., players picked by the Rams or Jaguars), while four picks got accelerated bonuses instead of the offset language, and the rest got neither accelerated bonuses nor offset language.
Well the way the articles read seems to state its just the top guys... heres one from 2014

The contracts at the top of the draft are fully guaranteed.  With offset language, a team that cuts a player taken at the top of the draft within the four years of his contract receives a dollar-for-dollar credit if/when he lands with a new team.   http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/18/offset-language-is-likely-a-dead-issue/

I know you know better with these contractual points MT, but when I read the articles they always say its just the top 10 who have off set issue.  If it was everyone, then why would #11 or #12 not take issue with it? (I know they dont have the team 5th year option, but that doesnt mean anything to this facet).

Next year when the Chargers are picking in the top5 again, they will have to take someone who is not a top 10 rated player, they will have to receive an advance agreement that Player X will play for whatever they want to do with the bonus money.

In other words, MOP is a DE going #25 projection in the 1st round and San Diego is picking 4th...they will call my agent who will call me and say I will net $10M more by going with San Diego and their terms than sitting pat and waiting for Pittsburgh to draft me at #25. I may or may not agree, if not they call the next best value they can find and perhaps a different position. 

Sad, so sad

I don't agree with this analysis.  Everything I've read is that the Chargers are willing to pay 85% of the $17M signing bonus before the end of the calendar year with the remaining 15% in March.  People talk about the time value of money, which is accurate, but seriously, how much more money would he be able to earn with roughly $2.5M (15% of $17M) in three months?

Bottom line from what I understand is two negotiating points: 1) offset clause, which basically allows the Chargers to stop paying Bosa ONLY if they cut him before his contract is done and he's picked up by another team (essentially, want to keep him from double-dipping and getting paid by two teams if this circumstance were to occur).  2) Timing of getting paid his signing bonus, either $17M by December 31, 2016 or $14.5M by December 31, 2016 and $2.5M by March 31, 2017. 

Putting precedence and all the other stuff aside, it's absolutely ridiculous that it's come to this no matter whose side you come down on.  Everyone agrees on the total value of the contract!  At this point, it's clear that management and Bosa's agent are having a pissing contest to show who's a tougher negotiator, and he's the one that's going to suffer because of it.  The second he joins the team after all this nonsense, he's going to have all eyes on him.  If he fails to produce or God forbid comes down with an injury, both management and his agent will have nobody to blame but themselves for putting their egos ahead of him.  They should all be ashamed of themselves.  Good luck to you Joey.

-- Bears fan

How much money would Bosa lose if he reports right before week 10? Since most of his compensation is in the form of the overall bonus, it would be 10 (or nine?) game checks? How much would he be slotted to earn in SALARY his rookie season. That way he could still accrue a year towards his second contract (not the case if he sits out all season). One article reported someone close to Bosa acknowledged he is resigned to not getting the concession he wants, making a signing sound inevitable (if not imminent) if true, but they didn't specify WHEN he might sign. 

Lot of ways to parse this. A lot of the same criticisms of Bosa could be equally directed at the franchise. But it sounds like they are bickering over the fraction of his bonus that is payable either by the end of 2016 or early in 2017. To Bosa, it could impact his taxes next year as a CA resident. To the Chargers, it might represent less than $50,000 in interest they can or can't collect depending on when they pay the bonus. Which is the greater amount? I suspect Bosa would be losing more in taxes by carrying the payment over into 2017, than SD would lose in interest by paying in full by 2016 (but not sure)? 

I hope Bosa doesn't sign all year. The Chargers organization needs a wake up call. It's obvious they don't care about winning. The fans deserve better.

I hope the Steelers make an offer week 2 of the season. Our first next year. Pitt makes a deal with with Bosa for about #9 money with fully guaranteed loving!

*his best fit is a 4-3 RDE though.
they can't trade him right...that deadline passed if I'm not mistaken

The lower draft picks don't have the leverage to bargain for the removal of offset language. Just like they don't have the leverage to bargain for the accelerated bonuses. Those things are issues only among the top picks.

Two players this year got offset language removed.

Four players got very favorable bonus terms.

The problem is that while all of the top five picks (not including Bosa) got one or the other -- either the removal of offset language or the favorable bonus payment terms -- for most of the negotiation process, the Chargers were offering neither while Bosa was insisting on both. So they were both being unreasonable if you go by what other teams and players had agreed to.

Just last week, the Chargers finally caved to a significant extent on the bonus timing, but Bosa refused the offer.

There's a nutty conspiracy theory going around that Bosa is waiting to sign because he knows that as soon as he signs he's likely to face a drug test, and he needs some time before he's ready for that. So he won't sign for a few weeks no matter what the Chargers offer right now. That seems pretty far-fetched, and is supported only by crazy rumors, but the possibility that something along those lines is going on seems a bit less crazy with each passing week. 

Next year when the Chargers are picking in the top5 again, they will have to take someone who is not a top 10 rated player, they will have to receive an advance agreement that Player X will play for whatever they want to do with the bonus money.

In other words, MOP is a DE going #25 projection in the 1st round and San Diego is picking 4th...they will call my agent who will call me and say I will net $10M more by going with San Diego and their terms than sitting pat and waiting for Pittsburgh to draft me at #25. I may or may not agree, if not they call the next best value they can find and perhaps a different position. 

Sad, so sad
:lol:

He cant report, he has to sign and be locked up for 4/5 years.  This isnt a one year Franchise Tag.  Showing up at week 10 does him almost nothing.
Sorry for the confusion, that is what I meant, sign by week 10. Crabtree and McKinnie signed in-season pre-2011 (Bo Jackson went into the next draft). How much money would he lose if he SIGNS before week 10. What it does is stick it to SD (which he may want to do) while satisfying the minimum requirement to still accrue a year towards his second contract. That is what he gains. My question is what he loses in salary, and does he still get his SLOTTED bonus (at that point, payout structure and offset language probably on SD's terms) as the #3 overall pick. 

they can't trade him right...that deadline passed if I'm not mistaken
He can't be traded and he can't speak with any other team until draft day 2017.  His only options are to play for San Diego or sit out the year and enter the next draft

I hope the Steelers make an offer week 2 of the season. Our first next year. Pitt makes a deal with with Bosa for about #9 money with fully guaranteed loving!

*his best fit is a 4-3 RDE though.
Didn't he play LDE at Ohio State (or did he move around - earlier he played with the smaller Noah Spence as bookend DE until he got suspended from the team than expelled from the conference)? He is listed at 6'5", 280 lbs. (only 10 lbs. less than J.J. Watt, a 3-4 DE who can even play some 4-3 DT in even fronts). Guessing he could play 3-4 OLB for PIT, though no idea if he could avoid being a huge liability in coverage (where PIT OLBs do have some responsibility at times).

* His less than elite 4.84 40 and elite run support skills (offenses tend to be right handed as far as strong side, though there may be exceptions or at least more balanced schemes?) would seem to make him a natural at LDE. There are a lot of people who think he will be miscast as a 3-4 DE (as opposed to 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE), I actually think he has the size, athleticism, versatility, talent and temperament to do well in either a 4-3 or 3-4, but that may well not be a consensus take?     

How much money would Bosa lose if he reports right before week 10? Since most of his compensation is in the form of the overall bonus, it would be 10 (or nine?) game checks? How much would he be slotted to earn in SALARY his rookie season. That way he could still accrue a year towards his second contract (not the case if he sits out all season). One article reported someone close to Bosa acknowledged he is resigned to not getting the concession he wants, making a signing sound inevitable (if not imminent) if true, but they didn't specify WHEN he might sign.
I've looked, but I can't find an answer to this. His game checks will be about $28K each, so if he sits out 10 games he'll lose $280K in salary. But I'm not certain whether there is room for reducing the bonus amount if he starts missing games. (I'm also not certain exactly how much room there is for playing with the timing. If the Chargers are required to offer a $17 million signing bonus even if he misses ten games, can they offer it all in future years with none in this year? I can't find anything on that...)

An offer to whom? The Steelers can't trade for Bosa, and they can't sign Bosa unless they draft him next year, in which case he'll make whatever he's slotted to make. I guess the Steelers could trade up (or down) to #9 to make sure they can offer Bosa #9 money, but they can't arrange that with Bosa ahead of time because that would be tampering.

An offer to whom? The Steelers can't trade for Bosa, and they can't sign Bosa unless they draft him next year, in which case he'll make whatever he's slotted to make. I guess the Steelers could trade up (or down) to #9 to make sure they can offer Bosa #9 money, but they can't arrange that with Bosa ahead of time because that would be tampering.
An offer to the Chargers.

If Bosa went back into the draft next year, whoever drafted him could have him completely over a barrel if they wanted to. No chance he can hold out 2 years in a row.

The lower draft picks don't have the leverage to bargain for the removal of offset language. Just like they don't have the leverage to bargain for the accelerated bonuses. Those things are issues only among the top picks.

Two players this year got offset language removed.

Four players got very favorable bonus terms.

The problem is that while all of the top five picks (not including Bosa) got one or the other -- either the removal of offset language or the favorable bonus payment terms -- for most of the negotiation process, the Chargers were offering neither while Bosa was insisting on both. So they were both being unreasonable if you go by what other teams and players had agreed to.

Just last week, the Chargers finally caved to a significant extent on the bonus timing, but Bosa refused the offer.

There's a nutty conspiracy theory going around that Bosa is waiting to sign because he knows that as soon as he signs he's likely to face a drug test, and he needs some time before he's ready for that. So he won't sign for a few weeks no matter what the Chargers offer right now. That seems pretty far-fetched, and is supported only by crazy rumors, but the possibility that something along those lines is going on seems a bit less crazy with each passing week. 
I thought I heard he was insisting on only one of them. 

I thought I heard he was insisting on only one of them. 
It's kind of an issue of semantics.

The Chargers initially offered something like 60% of the bonus to be paid in 2016 while insisting on offset language.

Bosa was initially demanding 100% of the bonus to be paid in 2016 or to remove the offset language. So that seems like one or the other.

But now the Chargers have offered 85% of the bonus to be paid in 2016 while still insisting on offset language. Eighty-five is less than a hundred, but it's higher than anyone else in this draft got besides Carson Wentz. Bosa would take the 85% if the offset language were removed.

You could argue that the Chargers are still offering neither (since 85 < 100), and Bosa is holding out for just one of the two (100% or removal of offset)*. Or you could argue that the Chargers are offering the favorable bonus timing (since it's better than anyone else got besides Wentz), and the fact that Bosa is still holding out means that he's not willing to accept just one of the two.

___
I think Bosa has now come down to wanting something like 96.3%.

I think Bosa has now come down to wanting something like 96.3%.
Hypothetically, what would be the difference in interest between paying 85% and 96.3% in 2016 (11.3% more of the bonus money they would be able to collect interest on until next March or April if they pay the former instead of latter)? I've heard estimates in the neighborhood of several tens of thousands of dollars. I take it Bosa would be losing more (if he signs for the 85% amount) by collecting a larger amount in 2017 as a then CA citizen. If OH state taxes are less than CA, better for him to try to get as much as he can in 2016? 

Looks like San Diego tax rate is 8% (certainly CA among highest in the nation, Los Angeles is 9%, I think, not sure about SF)? When I looked up Ohio (not sure what city Bosa resides in), got the following...

"The Ohio (OH) state sales tax rate is currently 5.75%. Depending on local municipalities, the total tax rate can be as high as 8%. Other, local-level tax rates in the state of Ohio are quite complex compared against local-level tax rates in other states."    

http://www.taxrates.com/state-rates/ohio/

Every team likes to have a couple of words to describe their team and philosophy, words like honor, leadership, excellence. 

San Diego's should simply read

Excuses

Excuses

Excuses...

#### it.  

Might be the only pay day he gets if he's planning on leaving the game after 4 years or something.  I don't blame anyone for being a hard negotiator.  Good on him.  

BigSteelThrill said:
The Charger owner and his GM goons are stooges.  This isn't just Bosa you are talking about. But every agent and every player you might ever do business with.
A few things.

- The Chargers picked 3rd in the draft, so no ####. They have already been exposed. They already have a black eye. People are already laughing at them. If anything this is their ace in the hole.... they really have nothing to lose. They were laughed out of the room when they made their LA proposal by the other owners, the Spanos family is reviled by fans, and their GM has built a team that picks 3rd in the draft when Rivers is healthy for 16 games. So you are worried THIS sullies their sterling reputation, huh?

- Be honest, how many games do you think SD wins without Bosa, how many with Bosa? What are their SB chances without him? With him? This might be the most contrived controversial story of the entire offseason.

- The "no agent will ever work with them again" is such absurd babble it only exposes those that pay no attention at all. I thought you had been here long enough to remember MOP making this exact same rant when Gates was negotiating his first extension with the team forever ago. Not only will Gates never sign with the team again, nobody else will sign with them based on how they treated Gates.... so that tired trope goes. The truth is nobody cares about anything other than the contract in front of them right now. But maybe you and MOP are right, Gates left town the first chance he got to be an unrestricted free agent. I guess I just don't remember it that way.

#### it.  

Might be the only pay day he gets if he's planning on leaving the game after 4 years or something.  I don't blame anyone for being a hard negotiator.  Good on him.  
Yeah I hate when owners screw over players but this is the exact reason he should sign too. 

Looks like San Diego tax rate is 8% (certainly CA among highest in the nation, Los Angeles is 9%, I think, not sure about SF)? When I looked up Ohio (not sure what city Bosa resides in), got the following...

"The Ohio (OH) state sales tax rate is currently 5.75%. Depending on local municipalities, the total tax rate can be as high as 8%. Other, local-level tax rates in the state of Ohio are quite complex compared against local-level tax rates in other states." 
You'd want to look at income tax rather than sales tax.

In his tax bracket, I think he'd be somewhere around 13% in California and 5% in Ohio (or 0% in Florida, which I think is his current residence).

#### it.  

I agree with this. Anytime a player doesn't think the offer is fair he shouldn't sign the contract. But you have to keep in mind that refusing to sign a contract hasn't cost Bosa any $ yet. Which is why all this hand-wringing is stupid. The NFL is a deadline driven environment and always has been.Until Bosa is losing something by holding out then it really means nothing.

The whole thing is stupid.  San Diego should just offer to pay him the bonus immediately or remove the offset language.  One or the other.  Just like all the other top 5 picks get.  

I agree with this. Anytime a player doesn't think the offer is fair he shouldn't sign the contract. But you have to keep in mind that refusing to sign a contract hasn't cost Bosa any $ yet. Which is why all this hand-wringing is stupid. The NFL is a deadline driven environment and always has been.Until Bosa is losing something by holding out then it really means nothing.
Yeah but the Chargers have lost his rookie season basically. Lol Chargers!

How is playing weeks 2-17 "losing his rookie season" though? Sounds like the tell-tale hyperbowl of kevin acee type "experts" who would buy any player a tossed salad for lunch just to get on his good side and have the opportunity to play at a golf tournament with them down the line.

The whole thing is stupid.  San Diego should just offer to pay him the bonus immediately or remove the offset language.  One or the other.  Just like all the other top 5 picks get.  
It took the Chargers way too long to make a decent offer, but the offer that Bosa most recently rejected was in line with what the other top 5 picks got. The #1 and #5 picks got the offset language removed (without favorable timing on their bonus payments). The #2 and #4 picks did not get the offset language removed, but got favorable timing on their bonus payments. The deal offered to Bosa by the Chargers, with respect to the timing of bonus payments, was not as good as the deal signed by the #2 pick, but was better than the deal signed by the #4 pick (and every other pick lower than #3).

I agree with you that this whole thing is stupid. Each side is worse off now than than it would have been if it had just completely caved to the other side's demands at the outset. (I know, caving to the other side isn't good for one's reputation -- but it's not like the current situation is a PR dream, either.)

Hypothetically, what would be the difference in interest between paying 85% and 96.3% in 2016 (11.3% more of the bonus money they would be able to collect interest on until next March or April if they pay the former instead of latter)? I've heard estimates in the neighborhood of several tens of thousands of dollars. I take it Bosa would be losing more (if he signs for the 85% amount) by collecting a larger amount in 2017 as a then CA citizen. If OH state taxes are less than CA, better for him to try to get as much as he can in 2016? 

http://www.taxrates.com/state-rates/ohio/
Bosa is a Florida resident -- no state income tax. Whatever portion of his bonus is paid to him in 2016 is subject to no state income tax. Whatever portion of his bonus is paid to him in 2017 is subject to CA state tax. California's highest rate is 13.3%, for taxable income of $1M or more. So if he accepts the current Chargers offer, he will receive ~$2.5M of his signing bonus in 2017, and he will owe ~$332K in state income tax on it. So that's about what it will cost him, though that ignores whatever tax breaks his accountant might come up with to cut into that tax obligation.

That is in addition to the time value of money issue, where he could earn interest on the $2.5M if it was paid sooner. IMO this issue has really been about taxes, not interest, since I would expect the tax liability to far outweigh the potential interest. I believe the Chargers initial offer was either 50% or 57% in 2016 (I've seen both reported). Using 57%, that means he would have been subject to $972K in CA state income tax as a result of the original offer, so his 'holdout' has saved him $640K so far.

On the one hand, that is a lot of money. But on the other hand, it is less than 4% of his signing bonus. So I still think he has taken a stupid stance on this that has hurt him professionally, and it really wasn't worth it. Unless he is hiding a big injury or a drug test problem or something else unlikely.

Bosa is a Florida resident -- no state income tax. Whatever portion of his bonus is paid to him in 2016 is subject to no state income tax. Whatever portion of his bonus is paid to him in 2017 is subject to CA state tax. California's highest rate is 13.3%, for taxable income of $1M or more. So if he accepts the current Chargers offer, he will receive ~$2.5M of his signing bonus in 2017, and he will owe ~$332K in state income tax on it. So that's about what it will cost him, though that ignores whatever tax breaks his accountant might come up with to cut into that tax obligation.

That is in addition to the time value of money issue, where he could earn interest on the $2.5M if it was paid sooner. IMO this issue has really been about taxes, not interest, since I would expect the tax liability to far outweigh the potential interest. I believe the Chargers initial offer was either 50% or 57% in 2016 (I've seen both reported). Using 57%, that means he would have been subject to $972K in CA state income tax as a result of the original offer, so his 'holdout' has saved him $640K so far.

On the one hand, that is a lot of money. But on the other hand, it is less than 4% of his signing bonus. So I still think he has taken a stupid stance on this that has hurt him professionally, and it really wasn't worth it. Unless he is hiding a big injury or a drug test problem or something else unlikely.
By addressing the point of interest, I was trying to figure out how much SD is saving if they pay the other 15% in March or April of 2017 (as opposed to December of 2016)?

It seems as if both sides thought the other would have caved by now, and both sides were wrong. Clearly this could cost Bosa. But depending on how things play out, it could negatively impact SD, too. Hypothetically, what if he becomes an All-Pro (I know, they would probably love to have that "problem") but than remembers this and decides to leave ASAP, potentially forcing them to use the franchise tag. Also seems like a case of organizationally being in the news for the wrong reasons while they are trying to get votes for a stadium funding initiative (albeit one that sounded like a long shot to pass).     

He's lost the preparation needed for a whole season.

Users who are viewing this thread