What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Boys on Amazon Prime (1 Viewer)

HFS. At this point, I have no ####### idea what the season finale will be.

Of course there’s no way he’s dead, right?

stbugs said:
Sometimes you feel like a nut.
My bad.

My guess is we haven't seen the last of him, one way or another.

I'm convinced this is going to be a 'reveal' on someone else, as if they'll really have to do that.

My bad.

My guess is we haven't seen the last of him, one way or another.

I'm convinced this is going to be a 'reveal' on someone else, as if they'll really have to do that.

I'd guess he's dead.  Maeve is sitting right next to Stormfront and all the Vought people at the hearing.  If Noir survived, she'd be in the crosshairs. 

I'd guess he's dead.  Maeve is sitting right next to Stormfront and all the Vought people at the hearing.  If Noir survived, she'd be in the crosshairs. 

My thought is that if we don't see it happen, there's room for doubt. Look at A-Train at the end of last season, for example. It looked pretty bleak for him but he survived.  In this case, he's in Vought tower so there's a chance. I know they've strayed from the source material several times already, so it's possible Noir isn't who he is in the comics, but if they keep that plotline, I won't be surprised if they also have a clone of him tucked away somewhere for just such an emergency.  Plus, if he does survive, how is he going to tell anyone about Maeve anyway?

My thought is that if we don't see it happen, there's room for doubt. Look at A-Train at the end of last season, for example. It looked pretty bleak for him but he survived.  In this case, he's in Vought tower so there's a chance. I know they've strayed from the source material several times already, so it's possible Noir isn't who he is in the comics, but if they keep that plotline, I won't be surprised if they also have a clone of him tucked away somewhere for just such an emergency.  Plus, if he does survive, how is he going to tell anyone about Maeve anyway?
Well, he can write. 

Well, he can write. 
Finger puppets

Making it explode outward?
Why not? If you can move things with your mind, how hard would it be to make the innards move outward at a high velocity. She’s obviously practices that before. The bigger question is she also a self healing supe because she took the gun shots like a champ.

Why not? If you can move things with your mind, how hard would it be to make the innards move outward at a high velocity. She’s obviously practices that before. The bigger question is she also a self healing supe because she took the gun shots like a champ.

You think it's the one from the facility that got away?  How do you explain the first CIA lady that got her head popped?  They took her out for a spin?  Why would she take out the people trying to take down Vought?  Seems like she should hate them

You think it's the one from the facility that got away?  How do you explain the first CIA lady that got her head popped?  They took her out for a spin?  Why would she take out the people trying to take down Vought?  Seems like she should hate them
Absolutely think it’s that person at the trial, but good point on the CIA lady. That seemed more like an implant. I definitely think it could be two different cases though as maybe they had her wires or maybe the CIA lady was part of the experiments. Maybe they heard her talking and made the new supe do it from afar.

At this point, I hope it’s not a plot hole, here’s what we no (no spoilers since it all already happened, if you didn’t watch, don’t read):

1. CIA lady wasn’t in physical reach of that mental hospital so they had to have been listening. That said, it may not have been Vought. I’ll need to go back and watch, but she seemed to indicate and internal divide at Vought and I think they mentioned Liberty so maybe Stormfront’s crew was the one that did it. Maybe another Professor X type supe?

2. We saw new supe pop people so she definitely has the power to do all of the head popping. That said she certainly would have been at the hospital and not in physical distance of their meeting so she may not have done that if she’s not also Professor X in terms of location/listening. Could Professor X have done a head pop?

3. The trial is something that I think was solely the new supe. They showed us her popping ability (albeit full body). They’ve show no one else having any power like that yet so it would be awful story telling to not make it her right after an escape and she would be reckless.

4. The trial was absolutely not Vought led by the CEO of Vought. They didn’t know about the hospital or the new supe and it’s certainly not in their best interest.

5. I don’t think the trial was Stormfront’s crew either. First, because it doesn’t help supes in any way and she escaped. It doesn’t fit their supe terrorist plot as well since they aren’t at least sort of controlling it. Also, they looked legitimately shocked. Stormfront probably knew who it was.

Damn great season though and I have no clue where it’s going. I do wish they finished off almond joy because I hate that we didn’t show it so we can bring him back. Throw him out the window or crush his head, something to make sure he doesn’t come back and say what happened.

Absolutely think it’s that person at the trial, but good point on the CIA lady. That seemed more like an implant. I definitely think it could be two different cases though as maybe they had her wires or maybe the CIA lady was part of the experiments. Maybe they heard her talking and made the new supe do it from afar.

At this point, I hope it’s not a plot hole, here’s what we no (no spoilers since it all already happened, if you didn’t watch, don’t read):

1. CIA lady wasn’t in physical reach of that mental hospital so they had to have been listening. That said, it may not have been Vought. I’ll need to go back and watch, but she seemed to indicate and internal divide at Vought and I think they mentioned Liberty so maybe Stormfront’s crew was the one that did it. Maybe another Professor X type supe?

2. We saw new supe pop people so she definitely has the power to do all of the head popping. That said she certainly would have been at the hospital and not in physical distance of their meeting so she may not have done that if she’s not also Professor X in terms of location/listening. Could Professor X have done a head pop?

3. The trial is something that I think was solely the new supe. They showed us her popping ability (albeit full body). They’ve show no one else having any power like that yet so it would be awful story telling to not make it her right after an escape and she would be reckless.

4. The trial was absolutely not Vought led by the CEO of Vought. They didn’t know about the hospital or the new supe and it’s certainly not in their best interest.

5. I don’t think the trial was Stormfront’s crew either. First, because it doesn’t help supes in any way and she escaped. It doesn’t fit their supe terrorist plot as well since they aren’t at least sort of controlling it. Also, they looked legitimately shocked. Stormfront probably knew who it was.

Damn great season though and I have no clue where it’s going. I do wish they finished off almond joy because I hate that we didn’t show it so we can bring him back. Throw him out the window or crush his head, something to make sure he doesn’t come back and say what happened.
1. It's the same supe or same entity doing it, the church seems like the best fit. Definitely whatever it is it's the same thing that happened with the CIA lady and at the hearing. Just the heads imploding. The new supe from the hospital can't pop them that fast and was only shown as not being as specific in targeting, ie just the head.

2. Prof X is not telekinetic, he's a telepath. Read minds and influence/control the mind but not the physical world. This is more like Jean Grey if you need a comic parallel.

3. I don't think it's the new supe from the hospital. If it were, IMO, Stormfront would have been the target as she was the only supe that was there regularly.

4. The hearing had nothing to do with the hospital and I am pretty sure Edgar knows about the hospital.

I am pretty confident that it was the church. You have the head of the church talking about how he was getting A-Train and the Deep back into the 7 and who was the first supe to get popped at the hearing? Well it is Shockwave, A-Train's direct competition.

I am pretty confident that it was the church. You have the head of the church talking about how he was getting A-Train and the Deep back into the 7 and who was the first supe to get popped at the hearing? Well it is Shockwave, A-Train's direct competition.
Excellent point. I was stunned that he was a victim and didn't connect the dots at the time, but it makes a lot of sense.

It's a mess trying to figure out The Seven now:

Homelander

Stormfront

Maeve: I'm sure her 'attack' was captured on security camera, so she's going to be persona non grata along with Starlight. Even though she's so powerful, I can't see any way they keep her in The Seven.

Starlight: see above

Shockwave: his first action since joining The Seven didn't end well.

Deep: Still officially a member but on the outs.  Now that Starlight is a villian and members are dropping like flies, his exile could be over.

Noir: Despite what we're led to believe, he's probably OK. If not, I have an unfounded pet theory that Vought has a clone of him ready to roll for just such an emergency.

By my count, there are at least 3 openings, 2 if they take back A-Train and Deep.

I bet Stormfront has a couple of cronies in mind.

1. It's the same supe or same entity doing it, the church seems like the best fit. Definitely whatever it is it's the same thing that happened with the CIA lady and at the hearing. Just the heads imploding. The new supe from the hospital can't pop them that fast and was only shown as not being as specific in targeting, ie just the head.

2. Prof X is not telekinetic, he's a telepath. Read minds and influence/control the mind but not the physical world. This is more like Jean Grey if you need a comic parallel.

3. I don't think it's the new supe from the hospital. If it were, IMO, Stormfront would have been the target as she was the only supe that was there regularly.

4. The hearing had nothing to do with the hospital and I am pretty sure Edgar knows about the hospital.

1. You make a great point about Shockwave but I don’t think the Church has anyone that powerful. Unless the main guy at the church is somehow a supe and we don’t know it. The other issue is that the Church isn’t part of what I think the CIA lady was talking about. She said their was an internal struggle at Vought and I thought they mentioned Liberty (unless I have the timeframe mixed up). I thought the internal struggle is what we now know is Stormfront doing her own thing, which clearly doesn’t align with the CEO who’s black. I also think that the CEO was sending things to the Church. He had the picture of them on the boat on his iPad right before the Deep suddenly tries to stop them to get into the 7 again and he was just with the lady from the Church.

2. Jean Gray is a better example and I wasn’t trying to say Professor X is, just that he can mess up someone’s mind if he wanted to do so. Just wondered if somehow he could explode by frying it but Jean Gray is a much better example since she can do both. Professor X was more of the long range reading the CIA lady’s mind 

3. We don’t really know about Stormfront and Homelander. They aren’t 100% vulnerable so she may not be able to do that to them. I’m still not sure, but if the new supe can explode a whole body, there’s absolutely no reason to think she can’t just explode a head. The fact that she’s also apparently bulletproof makes me think she’s way more powerful than we think.

4. I disagree 100% that Edgar knows. We’ve seen more evidence (see 1 above) that leads you to believe he’s in with the Church. Also, Stormfront’s a huge racist. Why would she work with him? Homelander burned down his trailer because he found out that she wasn’t at Vought. They didn’t know where she was. I can’t recall if he checked with Edgar, but it seemed to imply that she was on her own. She’s been around for a long time so I’m sure she could have had that setup for a long, long time.

Some great lines between Hughie and Lamplighter before they left the house. 

Don't be the cuck! Be the guy who ####s the wife!

Who knows, but it just doesn’t make sense to me that girl in the hospital is the head popper. Her destruction when she escaped her room was complete destruction and chaos. The head popping is like a precision assassination.

Who knows, but it just doesn’t make sense to me that girl in the hospital is the head popper. Her destruction when she escaped her room was complete destruction and chaos. The head popping is like a precision assassination.
Maybe she has a twin that worked better with Vought than she did and they took her/him away and deployed her/him already.  That would be a great callback to the Superfriends hour cartoon and the Wonder Twins, though they had different powers. Still, it would fit in this world.  We haven't seen twin supes yet anyway, this is the perfect time for it. 

I’m starting to agree, but I don’t think it was a coincidence that she was just introduced and they made a big deal about her escape. Looking forward to the finale, could be a doozy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m starting to agree, but I don’t think it was a coincidence that she was just introduced and they made a big deal about her escape. Looking forward to the finale, could be a doozy.
Yeah, they definitely made a point of showing her powers and escape during the scenes from last episode intro.  Misdirection perhaps.

Maybe she has a twin that worked better with Vought than she did and they took her/him away and deployed her/him already.  That would be a great callback to the Superfriends hour cartoon and the Wonder Twins, though they had different powers. Still, it would fit in this world.  We haven't seen twin supes yet anyway, this is the perfect time for it. 
I like the twin idea!

I like the twin idea!
Ever since I missed the real genius casting of Haley Jo Osment as Mesmer (pretty sure it was a callback to his role in The Sixth Sense), I've tried to be more on the lookout for subtle things like this. I was not a fan of The Superfriends show and even less so of the Wonder Twins, but it's definitely fair game IMO.

Yeah, they definitely made a point of showing her powers and escape during the scenes from last episode intro.  Misdirection perhaps.
Nah, she’s definitely going to play a part. Maybe she kills Stormfront because she’s absolutely not happy with the people who put her there. The church vs Stormfront’s team vs rest of Vought vs The Boys/allies vs free agents like body exploder, Maeve and A-Train (he’s definitely not sold on church) will be fun, especially trying to figure out who goes where.

The more I think about all the different groups, the more the #### seems like it will hit the fan. If they do this finale right, they can write their own ticket for spin offs and fans looking forward to season 3.

Ever since I missed the real genius casting of Haley Jo Osment as Mesmer (pretty sure it was a callback to his role in The Sixth Sense), I've tried to be more on the lookout for subtle things like this. I was not a fan of The Superfriends show and even less so of the Wonder Twins, but it's definitely fair game IMO.
Kripke is around my age so no doubt he’s seen Superfriends as a kid.

I watched the ending credits for the first time last night and saw that Hughie is played by Jack Quaid (son of Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan).  I'm sure this is general knowledge, but I had never made the connection.  He looks just like his dad.

I watched the ending credits for the first time last night and saw that Hughie is played by Jack Quaid (son of Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan).  I'm sure this is general knowledge, but I had never made the connection.  He looks just like his dad.
You can definitely see the Meg in him as well.

Has Starlights song for Translucent always been over the ending credits this season or was it a nod to all the people that died at the end of this one?

Sad we only have one episode left, I am thinking not much gets resolved to setup and leave us hanging for next season. Kripke has a history of plotting out his seasons ahead of time in general (first 5 seasons of Supernatural when he was running things was done this way) so feel like we are definitely building to a larger story. Given the success of the season, wondering if they only release 1 episode at a time for the full season next year to maximize the hype and buildup more.

Edit: Kripke loves cliffhangers too

Has Starlights song for Translucent always been over the ending credits this season or was it a nod to all the people that died at the end of this one?

Sad we only have one episode left, I am thinking not much gets resolved to setup and leave us hanging for next season. Kripke has a history of plotting out his seasons ahead of time in general (first 5 seasons of Supernatural when he was running things was done this way) so feel like we are definitely building to a larger story. Given the success of the season, wondering if they only release 1 episode at a time for the full season next year to maximize the hype and buildup more.
I hope they do the one episode a week. Binging is fun but then you watch a show for 1 week a year. At least you get two months out of once a week. 

I hope they do the one episode a week. Binging is fun but then you watch a show for 1 week a year. At least you get two months out of once a week. 
Because I had binged season 1 somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-7 times in the months before season 2 started, I was happy that they dropped the first 3 episodes all at once, but I don't think I want to be spoiled like that for season 3.  I don't know how the compressed schedule affected anyone else, but right now I can see myself waiting a few weeks at least before re-watching this season, and depending on how long they wait to drop those episodes, I can see myself trying to get 2-3 trips through season 2 done beforehand.

She blew up entire bodies not just heads. Not that she couldn't just do heads but that isn't her MO it seems.

I'm thinking this is someone related to the Fresca people.

Had no idea- thanks!

Butcher wife is ####ed losing the kid like that after all these years. What's her play now?

Speaking of, Butcher/HL kid has to figure into things in the finale, and definitely next season. Will his moral base from mom evaporate immediately, or will he be a foil to HL.

There were so many heads popped in the courtroom, I completely lost track of who got done...we need a- ahem- head-count.

Users who are viewing this thread