What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Cincy-Dayton-Columbus League is underway (2 Viewers)

BTW, how old is your daughter, Guster? What if I brought my 8 yo daughter and they could keep each other entertained?

If I can get some contributions (day of draft is fine), I would be willing to smoke a couple of pork butts on Friday night/Saturday and pull it still hot for the draft if we can get volunteers for buns, chips, and stuff like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trogg has a kid of every age just for situations like this. ;)

I'm sure my daughter would enjoy having other kids around to keep her entertained :thumbup:

If I can get some contributions (day of draft is fine), I would be willing to smoke a couple of pork butts on Friday night/Saturday and pull it still hot for the draft if we can get volunteers for buns, chips, and stuff like that.
Sounds horrible.

I have a BGE, but I'm not firing it up for this... I'd rather spend those hours with my girlfriend

Sounds horrible.
Only because I thought of it first :cry:
You bring the pork, I'll whip out my fattie.
I ain't puttin that on my smoker!

PatriotJohn said:
Oh #### yes.

IN

1. Shuke

2. BigJohn

3. Trogg

4. Cheese

5. Odin

6. Guster

7. PatriotJohn

8. Cack

9. Peyton

10. Bonzai

11. Binky

12. ??

I"m going to have to pass this year - I've already made plans to go visit the family that night (and do a draft with them). My 83-year-old mother is harder to beat than you schlubs.

Just so I'm not a total beeyotch, I'm willing to help set up the league website on MFL if you like. All I need is someone to take up the collection at the draft; I can pick it up later. Someone else can handle the week-to-week stuff during the season.

You also need to come up with a name for the league. Ocho DayCinCo is available, but y'all should be able to come up with something a little more relevant.

PatriotJohn said:
Oh #### yes.
And......to top it all off, said pork butts will be rubbed with none other than McClure's BBQ sampler pack rubs which I am purchasing tomorrow.

If you guys need an alternate, drop me a line. Not quite the personality of a shuke or cheese, but getting back into a local league sounds like a lot of fun.

No issue with making it to Hyde park area on the 23rd.

I'm out, guys. Tried to make it happen but can't make the 4 hour trip that day. Feel free to jump in my spot, Odin.

Gandalas- you're in the right place. Can you make it down on 23rd?
Cousin's wedding is on the 23rd, I am pretty sure. Probably can't make it this year even on the later date, due to my own wedding coming up next month (can't spare the entry fees or gas money with all the wedding bills coming due in the next month).

Please let me know for next year's though. Am definitely interested in something like this, but the timing just won't work out for me this season. :(

odin33 said:
If you guys need an alternate, drop me a line. Not quite the personality of a shuke or cheese, but getting back into a local league sounds like a lot of fun.

In.

We can take one more person that can live draft the 23rd.

odin33 said:

In.

We can take one more person that can live draft the 23rd.

Sweet!

I'll bring some buns, pretzels and chips etc. Just let me know a final headcount adults/kids so I grab enough.

Oh #### yes.
I expect at least five good EAT OFF! pics from this, and at least two good videos.

GM should be scared of what is about to unfold upon him.

Cack, Peyton, Bonzai, Binky - make sure I know your email for directions or PM Guster.

Rules-

QB

2 RB

3 WR

TE

DEF

K

17 roster spots. Snake draft. PPR. QBs get 6 per TD 1 per 20.

Rest pretty standard and we will copy the old league linked in this thread.

Are we going to do MFL or something free?

So it appears that Saturday night at 6PM is the go time. I will be smoking the pork Friday night (the wife will actually be tending it and she knows what to do while I am at work) and will be pulled at the draft Saturday evening before the draft. I still need a few volunteers to bring the buns (at least 24, if not a few more) along with any sauces. Cheese and slaw/other sides are optional if someone else wants to bring chips. Any takers?

Users who are viewing this thread