What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Great 2020 All Time Movie Draft- The judging is heavily biased against me. It’s a hoax! Fake news. (1 Viewer)

The Sixties are just a wasteland for the movies, so I thought I'd just take Seven Samurai.

Round 16.1  -  Sixties Movie -  The Magnificent Seven

Funny how well this worked as a western.  Plus it has wonderful music, cinematography, and some fine, spotlightable actors.

The spreadsheet is really helpful.

I was amazed that Braveheart was still available but saw in the spreadsheet that it went quite a while ago (my bad).

The spreadsheet is really helpful.

I was amazed that Braveheart was still available but saw in the spreadsheet that it went quite a while ago (my bad).
I promised you a write-up to plug my choice of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly for best western of all time, but I think I will let someone else do it for me...

"My favorite movie of all time is The Good, and the Bad, and the Ugly.  Why?  Because it's the greatest achievement in the history of cinema"

Those are the exact words directly from the mouth of Quentin Tarantino.

16.04 American Graffiti- teen/high school

One of the most influential of all teen films, American Graffiti is a funny, nostalgic, and bittersweet. My favorite George Lucas film,  American Graffiti nails youthful nostalgia perfectly

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m trying to take movies and artists I really like, the judging part is good fun, but for me, I have to love the movie... this is a strategic selection for me, could go into 4 diff categories, 80’s, SCI-fi on earth, sequel, or action...  for now I’m going to slot it into Sci-Fi on earth, but may do a big shuffle further down the line .. or not...  a long time fave of mine....

16.05 - The Road Warrior aka Mad Max 2 - 1981 - sci-fi on earth...

The film's post-apocalyptic and punk aesthetics popularised the genre in film and fiction writing. It was also a box office success, being the highest-grossing Australian film worldwide. It won the Best International Film from six nominations at the Saturn Award ceremony,..... Mad Max 2 became a cult film, with fan clubs and "road warrior"-themed activities continuing into the 21st century, and is now widely considered to be one of the greatest action movies ever made, as well as one of the greatest sequels ever made.[6] The film was preceded by Mad Max in 1979 and followed by Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome in 1985 and Mad Max: Fury Road in 2015.

16.04 American Graffiti- teen/high school

One of the most influential of all teen films, American Graffiti is a funny, nostalgic, and bittersweet. My favorite George Lucas film,  American Graffiti nails youthful nostalgia perfectly
I didn't do a good sell job on this movie to Hags - nice pick.

I spent some time doing some research and it seems like the draft is going to start getting harder in about 4-5 rounds.  Lots of good picks still but I'm having more trouble with relative value now that during the first 10 rounds.

I spent some time doing some research and it seems like the draft is going to start getting harder in about 4-5 rounds.  Lots of good picks still but I'm having more trouble with relative value now that during the first 10 rounds.
I think what gives me a false sense of security is it seems like during the first 5-7 rounds my list would get destroyed, now it's more like 2-3 picks I had written down are taken during my long wait.  

I really should make a list of movies picked that I haven't seen before.  Well, maybe besides a couple genres.  ;)  

I was researching/watching a teen movie last night.  I have never seen American Graffiti though.  

I’m trying to take movies and artists I really like, the judging part is good fun, but for me, I have to love the movie... this is a strategic selection for me, could go into 4 diff categories, 80’s, SCI-fi on earth, sequel, or action...  for now I’m going to slot it into Sci-Fi on earth, but may do a big shuffle further down the line .. or not...  a long time fave of mine....

16.05 - The Road Warrior aka Mad Max 2 - 1981 - sci-fi on earth...
How much of me not clicking with Fury Road was me never seeing any of the movies in this series?

Users who are viewing this thread