What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Great American Draft II- Categories Set; 1st round set (1 Viewer)

Sorry guys, let's start the clock tomorrow- 1 hr per pick, 10 am to 7pm est. no clock on weekends
yikes. if we can make that a set time (such as 1st pick set to go at 10, 2nd in the 1100 hour, etc), cool. If not there's going to be a lot of skipped picks.

While we are waiting, I implore everyone vote for Hillary, else the dream of Greatest Billionaire Draft will die on the vine.

nothing personal against Bobby, but we can probably skip him. Or wait the next twenty minutes, whatever. :shrug:

Yeah, skip BL. Pik95 you're up.

Please PM the next person after you're done. I will be too busy today to monitor this thread, sorry.

With the 1.3 pick in catagory 29 "The most recognized but nobody knows their name." I will go with...Jonathan Goldsmith.

I will give him a proper writeup in a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the 1.3 pick in catagory 29 "The most recognized but nobody knows their name." I will go with...Jonathan Goldsmith.

I will give him a proper writeup in a bit.
I don't always read Pik's picks, but when I do they're interesting.

It's a one hour clock but I'm not going to have time to

Monitor it.

We may have to shelve this thing. I get the feeling that there's just not enough people committed to it.

Assuming Tanner is in class he may not be able to pick for a couple more hours. I'd just go ahead and assume he's going to pick some famous cat enthusiast.

Yeah, skip BL. Pik95 you're up.

Please PM the next person after you're done. I will be too busy today to monitor this thread, sorry.
Is the Hillary camp actually paying you? Priorities son!

How about Flip AAA and Bobby in the draft order?

Let's make America great again!

ROUND 1

1. jwb

2. Bobbylayne

3. PIK95

4. Officer Pete Malloy

5. Higgins

6. FUBAR

7.stevegamer

8. Doug B

9. AAA Batteries

10. Ilov80s

Categories

1. Politician or statesman

2. Business mogul

3. Scientist/inventor

4. artsy novelist

5. popular novelist

6. writer, non-novelist

7. Male movie star

8. Female movie star

9. Male TV star

10. Female TV star

11. Football player (current, not retired)

12. Basketball player (current)

13. baseball player (current)

14. film director

15. songwriter

16. musician

17. vocalist

18. artist

19. male athlete (current, excluding football, basketball, and baseball)

20. cultural icon

21. bad guy

22. political pundit

23. talk show host

24. show runner or tv show writer

25. female athlete

26. underrated or forgotten

27. immigrant (not born here)

28. worthless or annoying celebrity

29. most recognized but nobody knows their name

30. wildcard
Higgins or Fubar?

Michael Phelps

male athlete (current, excluding football, basketball, and baseball)

Simply put, there has never been a better Olympian. I was a swimmer growing up (still am somewhat) and with the summer Olympics coming up, I wanted Mr. Phelps on my team.

1. jwb Muhammad Ali (Cultural Icon)

2. Bobbylayne AUTOSKIP

3. PIK95 Jonathan Goldsmith (most recognized)

4. Officer Pete Malloy AUTOSKIP

5. Frostillicus AUTOSKIP

6. FUBAR Michael Phelps (male athlete)

7.stevegamer

8. Doug B

9. AAA Batteries

10. Ilov80s AUTOSKIP

stevegamer is up.

1. jwb Muhammad Ali (Cultural Icon)

2. Bobbylayne AUTOSKIP

3. PIK95 Jonathan Goldsmith (most recognized)

4. Officer Pete Malloy AUTOSKIP

5. Frostillicus AUTOSKIP

6. FUBAR Michael Phelps (male athlete)

7.stevegamer

8. Doug B

9. AAA Batteries

10. Ilov80s AUTOSKIP

stevegamer is up.
This one goes up to 11, Nigel.

It's because we only got 11 people to begin with. A lot of people prefer to be on autoskip, so 11 is just not enough to have a steady draft. I was afraid of this.

If it doesn't pick up by tomorrow, I think we probably have to call it off. Sorry everybody. Just not enough interest.

It's because we only got 11 people to begin with. A lot of people prefer to be on autoskip, so 11 is just not enough to have a steady draft. I was afraid of this.

If it doesn't pick up by tomorrow, I think we probably have to call it off. Sorry everybody. Just not enough interest.
Just let it go and see what happens.

Just let it go and see what happens.
agreed

in past drafts, I enjoyed the free for all, just get one or two picks in per day whenever you can. That might be the best way to do all of this. just need to watch for duplicates.

I have donated Bernie Sanders $20 each day, for the last two days. I pledge to donate $10 a day to Bernie (excluding weekends) for every day that nobody picks in this draft. I will do this for a maximum of thirty days if no picks are made over that time. I want to do this draft, and this strategy seems to be the only way to motivate Tim. I'm serious BTW.

I have donated Bernie Sanders $20 each day, for the last two days. I pledge to donate $10 a day to Bernie (excluding weekends) for every day that nobody picks in this draft. I will do this for a maximum of thirty days if no picks are made over that time. I want to do this draft, and this strategy seems to be the only way to motivate Tim. I'm serious BTW.
:lmao:

:P How will motivating me get people to draft?

If American history was like this draft, the minutemen would have fled Lexington after eight seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread