What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Harvey Weinstein Scandal / The Me Too Movement (1 Viewer)

People like you are why sexual predators like Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, Harvey Weinstein, et al, are able to stay in power for years pretty much unchecked, and why we have a sexual predator like Donald Trump as president.  I wouldn't expect someone with an avatar celebrating a person who is habitually physically abusive to his girlfriend to understand this, but you are part of the problem.

Go ahead.  Keep making jokes.  It's not like you're capable of having a real conversation about the subject.

Eight sexual harassment settlements yet it took his brother to out him.  This guy was well insulated.

Why, do you use a scoring system that awards fantasy points when players assault women?  That seems a little homer-y to me.
For those keeping score.

Jill Harth. Says Trump repeatedly sexually harassed her and groped her underneath a table in 1993.

Temple Taggart McDowell. Former Miss Utah says Trump kissed her directly on the lips the first time she met him in 1997

Cassandra Searles. Says Trump grabbed her ### and invited her to his hotel room in 2013.

Jennifer Murphy. Apprentice contestant says Trump kissed her on the lips after a job interview in 2005.

Natasha Stoynoff. Says Trump pushed her against a wall and jammed his tongue down her throat at Mar-a-lago in 2005

Mindy McGillivray. Says Trump groped her while she was attending a concert at Mar-a-lago in 2003.

Rachel Crooks. Says she was assaulted by Trump in an elevator in Trump Tower in 2005.4

Jessica Leeds. Said Trump lifted up the armrest, grabbed her breasts and reached his hand up her skirt in the early 1980s.

Kristin Anderson. Said Trump reached under her skirt and grabbed her ###### through her underwear in the early 1990s.7

Summer Zervos. Apprentice contestant says Trump started kissing her and grabbing her breasts, began "thrusting his genitals." 2007.

Cathy Heller. Says Trump grabbed her and attempted to kiss her at Mar-a-lago in 1997.

Karena Virginia. Says she was groped by Trump at the U.S. Open in 1998.

Jessica Drake. Said Trump grabbed and kissed her without consent, then offered her 10K for sex in 2006.

Ninni Laaksonen, former Miss Finland. “Trump stood right next to me and suddenly he squeezed my butt” in July 2006.

For those keeping score.

Jill Harth. Says Trump repeatedly sexually harassed her and groped her underneath a table in 1993.

Temple Taggart McDowell. Former Miss Utah says Trump kissed her directly on the lips the first time she met him in 1997

Cassandra Searles. Says Trump grabbed her ### and invited her to his hotel room in 2013.

Jennifer Murphy. Apprentice contestant says Trump kissed her on the lips after a job interview in 2005.

Natasha Stoynoff. Says Trump pushed her against a wall and jammed his tongue down her throat at Mar-a-lago in 2005

Mindy McGillivray. Says Trump groped her while she was attending a concert at Mar-a-lago in 2003.

Rachel Crooks. Says she was assaulted by Trump in an elevator in Trump Tower in 2005.4

Jessica Leeds. Said Trump lifted up the armrest, grabbed her breasts and reached his hand up her skirt in the early 1980s.

Kristin Anderson. Said Trump reached under her skirt and grabbed her ###### through her underwear in the early 1990s.7

Summer Zervos. Apprentice contestant says Trump started kissing her and grabbing her breasts, began "thrusting his genitals." 2007.

Cathy Heller. Says Trump grabbed her and attempted to kiss her at Mar-a-lago in 1997.

Jessica Drake. Said Trump grabbed and kissed her without consent, then offered her 10K for sex in 2006.

Ninni Laaksonen, former Miss Finland. “Trump stood right next to me and suddenly he squeezed my butt” in July 2006.
And those are just the physical assaults.  Who knows how many women like Alicia Machado Trump has harassed and belittled in a work environment.

It's quite a condemnation of voters that many GOP politicians and prominent media folks are willing to even bring this up.  The hypocrisy jumps off the page.  But they know their base is too entrenched and stupid to care, and they know independents will just hear yelling and finger-pointing and dismiss it all as partisan bickering even through Weinstein is just a donor and people like Trump and Ailes are/were the lifeblood of the GOP.

For those keeping score.

I wouldn’t surprise me if he did some of those things, but the fact that there weren’t even outside settlements leads me to believe the women didn’t have good cases.

if you are paying out money somebody has evidence.  I find that entirely different.

I wouldn’t surprise me if he did some of those things, but the fact that there weren’t even outside settlements leads me to believe the women didn’t have good cases.

if you are paying out money somebody has evidence.  I find that entirely different.
What about if you confess on tape to acting exactly the way the women describe you acting?  You don't find that maybe a little bit persuasive?

Also if you find settlements persuasive that must mean you are willing to concede that Donald Trump is a racist fraud.  After all he settled the DOJ housing discrimination lawsuit and the Trump University lawsuit.  And just to remind you, that racist fraud isn't just a GOP donor.  He's their president.

This just in, powerful people (regardless of political affiliation) can do horrible things and people are afraid to stand up to them because they are powerful. 

I'm all about stripping this ******* bare and making him do the walk of shame. Screw him.

What about if you confess on tape to acting exactly the way the women describe you acting?  You don't find that maybe a little bit persuasive?

Also if you find settlements persuasive that must mean you are willing to concede that Donald Trump is a racist fraud.  After all he settled the DOJ housing discrimination lawsuit and the Trump University lawsuit.  And just to remind you, that racist fraud isn't just a GOP donor.  He's their president.
It’s crude, but no.  I don’t think that’s in the same neighborhood as actually paying out settlements for sexual harassment.

I believe the going rate for Presidential misconduct is $850,000 and you don't have to admit you actually did anything...

Also you should read this, about one of the cases (Harth). Significant evidence (in depositions, under oath). Trump didn't settle with her but settled with her husband on a separate matter with one of the conditions being that she'd drop the harassment lawsuit.   Presumably your logic would also dictate that if he had done nothing wrong he wouldn't have needed to negotiate for that as part of the settlement.

Also you should read this, about one of the cases (Harth). Significant evidence (in depositions, under oath). Trump didn't settle with her but settled with her husband on a separate matter with one of the conditions being that she'd drop the harassment lawsuit.   Presumably your logic would also dictate that if he had done nothing wrong he wouldn't have needed to negotiate for that as part of the settlement.
Maybe.  Even then it’s eight to one.  I’m hard-pressed to see how someone gets to eight settlements and still flies under the radar.  In Hollywood no less.

Last edited by a moderator:
You concede that he's a racist fraud though, right?  He paid out settlements on those claims.
I don’t know enough about the case.  How much of it was a business decision vs. how much was racism.  Sexual harassment seems more clear-cut.

I don’t know enough about the case.  How much of it was a business decision vs. how much was racism.  Sexual harassment seems more clear-cut.
I see. It's too bad you're not bothering to read up on the time your party's nominee for President of the United States and the current president was sued for racial discrimination, settled, and then was sued again for violating the terms of the settlement. Or the time he was sued for defrauding hard-working Americans out of tens of millions of dollars through a fake university. Or the many, many times he settled with contractors after welshing on them and attempting to use his financial muscle to intimidate them into dropping the matter. And that you didn't even know about the time he was sued for sexual harassment and settled it with a backdoor settlement with the accuser's husband. 

But at least you've got your finger on the pulse when it comes to Harvey Weinstein!  I definitely won't ever vote for that guy for public office. I hope he goes to jail.

I see. It's too bad you're not bothering to read up on the time your party's nominee for President of the United States and the current president was sued for racial discrimination, settled, and then was sued again for violating the terms of the settlement. Or the time he was sued for defrauding hard-working Americans out of tens of millions of dollars through a fake university. Or the many, many times he settled with contractors after welshing on them and attempting to use his financial muscle to intimidate them into dropping the matter. And that you didn't even know about the time he was sued for sexual harassment and settled it with a backdoor settlement with the accuser's husband. 

But at least you've got your finger on the pulse when it comes to Harvey Weinstein!  I definitely won't ever vote for that guy for public office. I hope he goes to jail.
I’m not registered Republican.

Weinstein’s issue is all over the news and, as I stated, I’m curious as to how he dodged the media for so long.

I have no particular desire to dig up Trump’s decades old housing settlement.  I know it exists, but it doesn’t interest me.

There is no defense of this guy

HE is also not an elected Democrat....he is a donor. There's an issue, but not one that cannot be overcome.

Weinstein’s issue is all over the news and, as I stated, I’m curious as to how he dodged the media for so long.

I have no particular desire to dig up Trump’s decades old housing settlement.  I know it exists, but it doesn’t interest me.
He's still the president, even if you didn't vote for him.  Did you? I think it's worth knowing regardless, especially since your "settlement = likely wrongdoing" argument means our president is a racist fraudulent welshing sexual predator (spoiler alert- he is).

Anyway, Weinstein dodged the media the same way people like Ailes and O'Reilly and for that matter Cosby dodged the media- they're powerful and its easy to pay/intimidate people to keep quiet, whether they're accusers, media members or public servants.

Interesting sidenote- 30 Rock actually called out both Weinstein and Cosby in jokes. I bet somewhere there's a reporter watching every episode of the show to see if they named anyone else.

Trump's issues that TF is talking about were in the news during the election.  You probably just chose to only watch a prominent sexual predator's news network.

Trump's issues that TF is talking about were in the news during the election.  You probably just chose to only watch a prominent sexual predator's news network.
Yes, it was, and I was aware of it.  I just don’t know the details.

I don’t watch any cable news.

He's still the president, even if you didn't vote for him.  Did you? I think it's worth knowing regardless, especially since your "settlement = likely wrongdoing" argument means our president is a racist fraudulent welshing sexual predator (spoiler alert- he is).

Anyway, Weinstein dodged the media the same way people like Ailes and O'Reilly and for that matter Cosby dodged the media- they're powerful and its easy to pay/intimidate people to keep quiet, whether they're accusers, media members or public servants.

Interesting sidenote- 30 Rock actually called out both Weinstein and Cosby in jokes. I bet somewhere there's a reporter watching every episode of the show to see if they named anyone else.
I don’t really care.  There’s nothing I can do about it and it doesn’t really matter now.  He’s the President.  

I try to focus my politics on policy.  I don’t care much for politicians in general.

People settle for a variety of reasons.  Settling eight times though seems impossible to ignore.  Ailes issues seemed well documented too.  I guess you don’t go out of your way to piss off the big dogs.

Do you think the Cowboys knew Ezekiel Elliott beat up women when they drafted him or was it just a pleasant surprise?
Your deflection off this guy is disgusting.  There is an Elliott thread in the Shark Pool and a ton of other Trump threads if you want to talk about those cases.  

Your deflection off this guy is disgusting.  There is an Elliott thread in the Shark Pool and a ton of other Trump threads if you want to talk about those cases.  
I said he's awful and I hope he goes to jail.  I'll say it again if you want. He's an awful, awful, awful human being. I hope he loses every dime and gets locked away for the rest of his life. I'm glad to see the Dems diverting his donations to feminist causes, and I hope they all do it.

Do you have a similar attitude when it comes to Elliott? What about Greg Hardy?  What about the team and owner that employ them, who have their own questionable history with women?  What about the President of the United States, who I assume you voted for?  What about Ailes, O'Reilly and Fox News?  Did you condemn them on these boards?  Do you watch their programming?

Lemme guess, you're gonna deflect some more?  Tell me to bring it up in another thread so you don't have to confront the hypocrisy that actually enables people like Weinstein, Elliott, Hardy, Ailes and Trump to treat the women the way they do, knowing that most people are cowards who won't condemn them as long as they keep winning football games or trolling libs? Go for it.

Come on everyone, Harvey Weinstein is a predator that has been exposed for his disgusting pattern of behavior that occurred for decades. I think everyone agrees he was justly fired from his employer. 

If we all agree on that, we should all be in agreement that it is a national disgrace that Trump was elected and remains our President despite being exposed for a pattern of behavior towards women that is strikingly similar to Weinstein.

Come on everyone, Harvey Weinstein is a predator that has been exposed for his disgusting pattern of behavior that occurred for decades. I think everyone agrees he was justly fired from his employer. 

If we all agree on that, we should all be in agreement that it is a national disgrace that Trump was elected and remains our President despite being exposed for a pattern of behavior towards women that is strikingly similar to Weinstein.
That sounds nice, but the flaw in this logic is that you assume conservatives actually care about Weinstein's victims, or Bill Clinton's victims, or any victims of sexual assault or harassment. They don't care about those women at all. They're using them as a shield to justify ignoring the truth about Trump and Fox News. They tell themselves that Dems/liberals tolerate it too, even though they don't and haven't for decades.

That sounds nice, but the flaw in this logic is that you assume conservatives actually care about Weinstein's victims, or Bill Clinton's victims, or any victims of sexual assault or harassment. They don't care about those women at all. They're using them as a shield to justify ignoring the truth about Trump and Fox News. They tell themselves that Dems/liberals tolerate it too, even though they don't and haven't for decades.
Bill O'Reilly just went on Hannity as a guest and Hannity makes excuses for him constantly.  "It's a hit job by the deep state" etc.  Pretty sure O'Reilly has a book coming out that I'm guessing will be a best seller.

I don't consider myself part of either group but i think there is validity to what you say about conservatives. However, I part with you over Dems/liberals not also tolerating unseemly behavior. Bill Clinton is by and large a revered figure in that circle despite multiple claims of a similar nature to Weinstein & Trump. I personally feel nobody has the high ground here, just different depths of low ground.

I don't consider myself part of either group but i think there is validity to what you say about conservatives. However, I part with you over Dems/liberals not also tolerating unseemly behavior. Bill Clinton is by and large a revered figure in that circle despite multiple claims of a similar nature to Weinstein & Trump. I personally feel nobody has the high ground here, just different depths of low ground.
I know a lot of Dems/liberals and if you think Bill Clinton is a revered figure in those circles we're gonna have to agree to disagree. Tolerated by many and embraced by a few is about as far as I'd take it.

Also I would disagree that the claims are of a similar nature/volume, but there's no reason to go down that rabbit hole.

Suffice to say Bill Clinton would never sniff the Dem nomination if he tried to get it today and the allegations came out in the course of the campaign.

I hesitate to use the word "meltdown", but some of the reactions from conservatives here.....is quite......interesting. I don't think they were expecting the biggest liberals on this board to readily attack Weinstein without reservation.

"Wait....they're not defending Weinstein the way that I defended Bill O'Reilly?!? DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!"

I know a lot of Dems/liberals and if you think Bill Clinton is a revered figure in those circles we're gonna have to agree to disagree. Tolerated by many and embraced by a few is about as far as I'd take it.

Also I would disagree that the claims are of a similar nature/volume, but there's no reason to go down that rabbit hole.

Suffice to say Bill Clinton would never sniff the Dem nomination if he tried to get it today and the allegations came out in the course of the campaign.
:shrug:

I hesitate to use the word "meltdown", but some of the reactions from conservatives here.....is quite......interesting. I don't think they were expecting the biggest liberals on this board to readily attack Weinstein without reservation.

"Wait....they're not defending Weinstein the way that I defended Bill O'Reilly?!? DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!"
:goodposting:

Statement from Hillary Clinton on Weinstein

It's quite an amazing coincidence how the conversation in this thread suddenly died down after these posts.

Nice catch.

I'd say Bill Clinton's presence is tolerated because he's a former president and his wife was Secretary of State and the presidential candidate, which made it impossible to simply ostracize him There are also those who have doubts about the veracity of the claims of the three women who've alleged unwanted sexual advances. For me the allegations plus his treatment of Lewinsky, which was consensual but still inappropriate because he was her boss, are enough to turn me off him forever. But others just kind of ... tolerate his presence. The fact that it all happened decades ago, and in a different era in terms of gender relations, also affects their perceptions. It shouldn't, but it does.

Regardless, I am confident that if there was a new allegation of the sort of stuff Weinstein, Ailes or Trump have been up to in recent years, people on the left would dump him like a bad habit if they haven't already. I'm also confident that if he could somehow run for president now he'd get trounced in the primaries because of those allegations. Maybe I'm overly confident in my side of the aisle or maybe I just hang out with a narrower spectrum of lefties but that's the vibe I get.

:goodposting:

Statement from Hillary Clinton on Weinstein

It's quite an amazing coincidence how the conversation in this thread suddenly died down after these posts.
Amazingly, Cilliza posted that "it took 5 days": for Hillary to condemn Harvey.*    When Ailes was forced out at FoxNews, Trump called him a "very good man" and publicly mused about hiring him!  Leave aside the allegations about Trump.  Call them unsupported or whatever.  In a completely analogous situation, Trump not only didn't condemn Ailes.  He publicly defended him. 

* OK, it was Cilliza, so not that amazing at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cross post in the FFA - Weinstein was caught on tape apologizing for (and therefore admitting to) groping a woman in an NYPD sting.
Lock him up.  Dissolve his company and distribute the proceeds to non-profit organizations that help victims of sexual harassment and abuse.  Show Netflix users how to remove any movies he produced from their Suggested lists if they want to boycott his work.       

Amazingly, Cilliza posted that "it took 5 days": for Hillary to condemn Harvey.*    When Ailes was forced out at FoxNews, Trump called him a "very good man" and publicly mused about hiring him!  Leave aside the allegations about Trump.  Call them unsupported or whatever.  In a completely analogous situation, Trump not only didn't condemn Ailes.  He publicly defended him. 

* OK, it was Cilliza, so not that amazing at all.
Ailes and FOX parted ways in July 2016.  Ailes was part of Trump's debate prep team in September and October.

Users who are viewing this thread