What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Hug Life Chronicles: :( (1 Viewer)

Skip lunch and just meet up at the Cougartown No-Tell Motel.  Lunch will be weird as hell with both of you knowing where it is leading in a matter of minutes anyway.  Just jump to the good part at the start of the date and skip the formalities.  Grab some food after a round or two already in the books.  You'll be relaxed...you can chitchat...then head back to the Motel for dessert.

Skip lunch and just meet up at the Cougartown No-Tell Motel.  Lunch will be weird as hell with both of you knowing where it is leading in a matter of minutes anyway.  Just jump to the good part at the start of the date and skip the formalities.  Grab some food after a round or two already in the books.  You'll be relaxed...you can chitchat...then head back to the Motel for dessert.
That is what I had in mind. :thumbup:  We did decide to forego lunch and make it dinner instead. As for which course comes first, I'm going to just text her when I'm on the way and see if she is either at the restaurant or gives me a room number.

she really hadn't been interested in anyone in quite a while, but she found me interesting. :yes:  When I asked why, she said because I seemed like a genuinely nice guy :bowtie:  and that I was easy to talk to and she thought we could have endless conversations, and she liked the way I kissed. :brush:  I told her that her kissing game was pretty good too, but I needed to make sure it wasn't a fluke, to be completely sure. She laughed and we traded a few more jabs. She said something like "I just don't want you to disappoint me" and I said "I'll try not to." She replies "You did well. You made me want more. Lots more." :bowtie:   I said "good" and we chat a bit more and then, completely out of scope of the conversation, I get this text: "I'm getting a room in Cougartown Friday" :chills: So as not to give away the fact I'm doing cartwheels around the room and thanking the sweet cougar heavens that I didn't blow my opportunity, I fire back "am I invited? Or is that for your Tinder date after you have lunch with me?"  Her: "You" :yes:  

We've texted a bit throughout the week and have both indicated we are looking forward to Friday.

Oh yes. This is happening. I have a feeling it's going to be an epic Friday night. 
NRJ, fantastic work here.  Few points about the quotes in bold:

1.  Never ask a chick to detail a compliment; it's fruitless and usually awkward.   Think about this turned around, you give a compliment and she says "why?" - it forces some uncomfortable (even when genuine) answer.

2. No chick over the age of early 20s gives a #### about kissing.  HTH

3. Here's where you almost got friend-zoned.  Assume everything is about you two, don't include, consider or give light to another dude.  Not at this stage of the game.

Keep up the good work :popcorn:

1.  Never ask a chick to detail a compliment; it's fruitless and usually awkward.   Think about this turned around, you give a compliment and she says "why?" - it forces some uncomfortable (even when genuine) answer.

3. Here's where you almost got friend-zoned.  Assume everything is about you two, don't include, consider or give light to another dude.  Not at this stage of the game.

Wrong.  So wrong.

I have a serious question for our hero.... are you hoping for a potential relationship with this gal?

Yes? - Carry on
this is a hit and quit scenario.   In baseball terms its a one game playoff.  Send your best pitcher out there, win the game and go home

this is a hit and quit scenario.   In baseball terms its a one game playoff.  Send your best pitcher out there, win the game and go home
Or it's like a Spring training game, in which you let your starters get their work in and then put in players who have no shot now but may be worth keeping in the organization for a future time.

You’ve been on a streak of wrong of BGP or LHUCKS proportions. 

You should probably quit. Then again, those windmills won’t tilt themselves, eh Don Quixote? 
Read the original marissa thread, dude I crushed it in there and please dont ever compare me to lhucks.  Nobody deserves that. 

Read the original marissa thread, dude I crushed it in there and please dont ever compare me to lhucks.  Nobody deserves that. 
:lmao:  What color is the sky in your world? I imagine it’s some dark shade of brown given all the crap you’ve spread. 

I appreciate the comments, but I disagree. With all of them. Here's why:

1. I just personally disagree with this opinion. I was genuinely curious about her answer, and it gave her an opportunity to show me a little bit of "substance" (or not) and she passed with flying colors. 

2. Wrong, GB. The kiss is where it all starts. A bad kiss can kill everything. A good kiss can create opportunity where there was none. And for the record, not to brag, but I've gotten numerous compliments on my kiss game. :coffee:  

3. I realize the part I included was out of context, but it was the feel of the conversation that made me ask. We had been playful with each other. If she hadn't been playful with me prior to that, no way would I have said that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what this means
I have no trouble believing this is true. 

You are fantastically delusional and incorrect in your statements about this entire matter. In essence, the Red Army is headed for Berlin to close out the Nazis and you’re trying arm teenage boys and old men with salad shooters in the belief that you’re still winning. 

I have no trouble believing this is true. 

You are fantastically delusional and incorrect in your statements about this entire matter. In essence, the Red Army is headed for Berlin to close out the Nazis and you’re trying arm teenage boys and old men with salad shooters in the belief that you’re still winning. 
woah

Pass the alias keys back to whoever wrote the good stuff previously.   
Same guy.  Side note, a lot of people say I wrote good stuff now.  As the person that wrote everything, I can tell you this. Every day, every post was mocked, trolled and criticized.  Which is why I stopped writing. 

I applaud NRJ.  I stand by what I say though; I talked with enough women that don't care about how someone kisses.  Maybe it's a regional thing, maybe because I hook up with a lot of women that are swingers and go both ways.  And thinking about it right now, I can honestly say I've had sex/gotten blown by more women than I've kissed.  :shrug:  

To be fair, @Arizona Ron and @Nathan R. Jessep are playing on two completely different ball fields here. Ron is like the Yankees - large market, big budget, and can go get whatever they want when they want it.

The Colonel is like the Royals - you have to work it for awhile and eventually you win the big one.
And again... baseball mimics life in so very many ways.

ETA:  FWIW, I'm the Milwaukee Brewers

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a serious question for our hero.... are you hoping for a potential relationship with this gal?

Yes? - Carry on
I'm not setting any expectations here. I'm just enjoying the ride. If you know what i mean ;)  

If it ends up being a relationship, I think I'm good with that, based on what I know about her so far. But not concerned with that right now. One epic Friday at a time. 

Yes? - Carry on
The fact he didn’t already have sex with her is your answer here.  He’s headed for a heartbreak, she’s just trying to get her rocks off.

I'm going to leave the other fork in this story be for right now and we will come back to that, because we have more pressing time-sensitive matters at hand. This update picks up at about 10AM.

Stacy and I woke up, though I didn't really sleep a whole hell of a lot after Kate got back and woke me up again. I have to get home (about 2 hours from Kate's place) to get my kids and then we have to drive another 45 minutes to do some experiments for my son's science project :wall:  I walk Stacy to her car and give her a hug (THERE it is :wub:  ) and a kiss and said I would text her later and we departed. 

I text her later to make sure she made it home safe because it was pouring rain and she said she did and that she was glad to have met me and had a great time with me. I agreed with her sentiments and said that we should do something together again soon.  She said: "I'd like that."  :yes:  

We texted intermittently Sunday night and Monday, mostly just small talk and a few tongue-in-cheek references to Sunday AM's activities. I devise a plan for a date. She lives about an hour and a half from me, and about half way to her town is another little decent sized town. We will call it Cougartown. My plan was to meet Friday for lunch and spend a few hours together a cool little bar/restaurant there before I had to go pick up my kids from school that afternoon. I had no idea what her work schedule was though, so I just start off by asking if she was off Friday. She said she could be. :thumbup:   Before I could even suggest Cougartown, she, seemingly on the same wavelength, says "I could meet you in Cougartown."  :thumbup:   I suggested the place I had in mind and she says great, that she had been there before. We agree on a time and the date is set. 

Back to the small talk. She had asked me previously how Kate and I became friends, and I had told her we actually met on Tinder :wall:  so she had been giving me #### about Tinder for a while, and we traded a few lighthearted jabs back and forth. She mentioned that she had never used Tinder and that she really hadn't been interested in anyone in quite a while, but she found me interesting. :yes:  When I asked why, she said because I seemed like a genuinely nice guy :bowtie:  and that I was easy to talk to and she thought we could have endless conversations, and she liked the way I kissed. :brush:  I told her that her kissing game was pretty good too, but I needed to make sure it wasn't a fluke, to be completely sure. She laughed and we traded a few more jabs. She said something like "I just don't want you to disappoint me" and I said "I'll try not to." She replies "You did well. You made me want more. Lots more." :bowtie:   I said "good" and we chat a bit more and then, completely out of scope of the conversation, I get this text: "I'm getting a room in Cougartown Friday" :chills: So as not to give away the fact I'm doing cartwheels around the room and thanking the sweet cougar heavens that I didn't blow my opportunity, I fire back "am I invited? Or is that for your Tinder date after you have lunch with me?"  Her: "You" :yes:  

We've texted a bit throughout the week and have both indicated we are looking forward to Friday.

Oh yes. This is happening. I have a feeling it's going to be an epic Friday night. 
Haven't read all 16 pages so hopefully this isn't redundant.  

Have you ever seen her in the daylight?

Users who are viewing this thread