What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***The Los Angeles Rams vs Seattle Seahawks*** +2.5 O/U 54 NFC West Showdown on TNF! (1 Viewer)

Aaaaaand now I remember why I try to avoid these game threads. It is fun but my stream is almost always behind and the spoilers ruin me. 

Definitely a blocked kick. 
Yahoo stats show the play as Michael Dickson punted for 68 yards.

This should be interesting. And I wonder if a good chance of stat correction. 

That has to be a blocked kick. 

Or does a blocked kick have to end up behind the line of scrimmage. Ex. A kick gets blocked but the kicking team recovers and gets the  first down? Not sure how that’s scored either.

Just run a draw Seattle. Lets not have another Diontae Johnson situation
Most seem to get all worked up when a team down less than a touchdown goes after the line in the victory formation (years ago with Schiano in TB), coaches go rant-heavy when a team runs the ball on the final play to match a meaningless record (last week BAL @ DEN), but under 10 seconds and tonight the Seahawks run a handful of worthless plays that do nothing but risk injuries. We won't hear a peep about tonight though.  Should we?

Most seem to get all worked up when a team down less than a touchdown goes after the line in the victory formation (years ago with Schiano in TB), coaches go rant-heavy when a team runs the ball on the final play to match a meaningless record (last week BAL @ DEN), but under 10 seconds and tonight the Seahawks run a handful of worthless plays that do nothing but risk injuries. We won't hear a peep about tonight though.  Should we?
To be fair, I thought Fangio was being a baby about the Ravens running there. You don't like it, stop them. Having a part of that record clearly mattered to them so I'm fine with it there. 

When nothing at all is on the line just run out the clock. 

In Seattle's case tonight, Metcalf wasn't on the field, and I'm not sure Lockett was either(he's harder to pick out) so maybe they were kind of playing it safe.

I’m still confused about the double punt. This article says it is legal to kick twice, provided you’re still behind the LOS. Except Dickson was clearly over it, and they had time to review it. Maybe McVay declined to challenge it? Why would he do that? 

I’m still confused about the double punt. This article says it is legal to kick twice, provided you’re still behind the LOS. Except Dickson was clearly over it, and they had time to review it. Maybe McVay declined to challenge it? Why would he do that? 
They showed him with the red flag out, but he never threw it.

I think everyone… refs, players, Mike P, Troy, Buck, me, the crowd, was confused about what the hell just happened and he was happy to have the ball back.

A challenge would have held up as a penalty. But not sure what the penalty would have been… 15 yards and a rekick? 

Last edited by a moderator:
They showed him with the red flag out, but he never threw it.

I think everyone… refs, players, Mike P, Troy, Buck, me, the crowd, was confused about what the hell just happened and he was happy to have the ball back.

A challenge would have held up as a penalty. But not sure what the penalty would have been… 15 yards and a rekick? 
OK he explains here that he didn’t challenge because Dickson was in fact behind (or rather, right on) the LOS. I went back and watched the video again. LOS was the 21 and his plant  foot was on, yes, the 21. So I guess that’s why. 

Users who are viewing this thread