What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Main"ILK"Thread -trackin all uses of the word (1 Viewer)

*******************ATTENTION***********************ILK ALERTILK ALERTILK ALERTILK ALERTILK ALERTThe word "Ilk" has been used in this thread. The word ilk has been used in this thread.*******************ATTENTION***********************

I have all three letters in my name

What does that get me?

LImp ditKa?

And would there be bonus points if the letters were in the proper sequence, spread out through the moniker, or dare a say in a row within it?

I have all three letters in my name

What does that get me?

LImp ditKa?

And would there be bonus points if the letters were in the proper sequence, spread out through the moniker, or dare a say in a row within it?
The word is "ILK"

victim? i'm fine.
victim is not always a bad thing buddy
vic·tim (vktm)n.

1. One who is harmed or killed by another: a victim of a mugging.

2. A living creature slain and offered as a sacrifice during a religious rite.

3. One who is harmed by or made to suffer from an act, circumstance, agency, or condition: victims of war.

4. A person who suffers injury, loss, or death as a result of a voluntary undertaking: You are a victim of your own scheming.

5. A person who is tricked, swindled, or taken advantage of: the victim of a cruel hoax.

these all sound horrible.

victim?  i'm fine.
vic·tim (vktm)n.

3. One who is harmed by or made to suffer from an act, circumstance, agency, or condition: victims of war.

4. A person who suffers injury, loss, or death as a result of a voluntary undertaking: You are a victim of your own scheming.

5. A person who is tricked, swindled, or taken advantage of: the victim of a cruel hoax. by a beautiful actress named Natalie Portman for sex acts

victim? i'm fine.
vic·tim (vktm)n.

5. A person who is tricked, swindled, or taken advantage of: the victim of a cruel hoax. by a beautiful actress named Natalie Portman for sex acts

i didn't read it as carefully as i should have. :bag:

Yes - I caught another one.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...t&p=6509403

Nigel Tufnel said:
I have a patented reflexive response: "Good. How are you?" It's almost said as one word. So, even if I don't listen to his or her response, he or she can't say I didn't ask.

One ##### had the audacity to criticize the fact that I never say "Good morning." I usually say, "Hey," or "What's up?" or something of that ilk. ####### #####.

Beetlejuice said:
O.k......the short part of the answer, if you have the cash for the additional down payment given the circumstances that you have described (C.O.E. date fast approaching, seller has better offer elsewhere, you have nowhere else to go) then you should go ahead and close on the loan you have been presented with the understanding that there is no pre-payment penalty so that you can leave your options open for later.

With all that being said, the remainder of what you have written requires a bit more info to answer your question correctly. Do we have programs that have maximum income guidelines? Yes. The majority of the loan programs that fit into this "niche" are government backed programs that have income and sometimes "area" (where the property is located) restrictions. The vast majority of lending programs do not have any sort of max income restrictions so I am going to have to assume that you were attempting to qualify for a bond program or something along those lines. If that is the case, then it is very possible that you could make too much money to qualify. I know that can be a bit confusing as you would think mortgage companies would want you to show as much income as possible, but in some circumstances you may not qualify for a program if you show too much "household" income.

Assuming that is the case, your other question is "why would I find this out so late in the game"? That is a very good question. In most circumstances, if we receive your paperwork on any given day we can tell you right away if your income is too great to qualify for a particular program- it's not difficult to read pay stubs, W2's or tax returns- and those numbers are what they are, either you do or you do not make more than the program allows as there is no real gray area. Again assuming you had turned in your paperwork prior to the lender locking your rate (which requires choosing the loan program) and the lender had plenty of time to review your income information, then you do have the right to be upset as this particular part of the process is not rocket science.

I could go on and on about the circumstances you describe and what I think of Lending Tree and other online engines of that ilk, but the bottom line really is this- you apparently do not have the time to make a change so it unfortunately becomes a question of do you or do you not want this home badly enough or is it worth it for you to walk away and find a different home and hopefully find financing that is more comfortable for you?
Just helping out my GB Fro.

Beetlejuice said:
O.k......the short part of the answer, if you have the cash for the additional down payment given the circumstances that you have described (C.O.E. date fast approaching, seller has better offer elsewhere, you have nowhere else to go) then you should go ahead and close on the loan you have been presented with the understanding that there is no pre-payment penalty so that you can leave your options open for later.

With all that being said, the remainder of what you have written requires a bit more info to answer your question correctly. Do we have programs that have maximum income guidelines? Yes. The majority of the loan programs that fit into this "niche" are government backed programs that have income and sometimes "area" (where the property is located) restrictions. The vast majority of lending programs do not have any sort of max income restrictions so I am going to have to assume that you were attempting to qualify for a bond program or something along those lines. If that is the case, then it is very possible that you could make too much money to qualify. I know that can be a bit confusing as you would think mortgage companies would want you to show as much income as possible, but in some circumstances you may not qualify for a program if you show too much "household" income.

Assuming that is the case, your other question is "why would I find this out so late in the game"? That is a very good question. In most circumstances, if we receive your paperwork on any given day we can tell you right away if your income is too great to qualify for a particular program- it's not difficult to read pay stubs, W2's or tax returns- and those numbers are what they are, either you do or you do not make more than the program allows as there is no real gray area. Again assuming you had turned in your paperwork prior to the lender locking your rate (which requires choosing the loan program) and the lender had plenty of time to review your income information, then you do have the right to be upset as this particular part of the process is not rocket science.

I could go on and on about the circumstances you describe and what I think of Lending Tree and other online engines of that ilk, but the bottom line really is this- you apparently do not have the time to make a change so it unfortunately becomes a question of do you or do you not want this home badly enough or is it worth it for you to walk away and find a different home and hopefully find financing that is more comfortable for you?
Just helping out my GB Fro.
:lmao:

Found one for you Bro!

Link

krista4 said:
Green and Gold said:
krista4 said:
In a recent review of my list of Worst All-Time Movies, I decides to move it above Forrest Gump as #1. Not trying to debate the merits here; I just hated it--seemed like shock value for the sake of shock value, not to drive a point (the point having been driven home rather easily by 15 minutes in). Loved Welcome to the Dollhouse, though. :potkettle:
Sorry, but anyone putting Forrest Gump as the worst or second worst movie of all time has to be either fishing or using a different system than is indicated (for example, worst well-reviewed or worst blockbuster movie I could accept). There are way too many movies out there in the world with almost zero production value, incomprehensibe script, or terrible acting to be putting a movie like Forrest Gump beneath them all. Believe me, some of the esoteric garbage my wife had to watch a few years back for a college class were so painful that I had to leave, forfeiting the possibility of sex for the night; but it was well worth it.Although, really, you probably just have it on your list to make sure other people know you didn't like it.
:hifive: Strike a nerve, did I? You're right, though, that I should have been more specific, but I just didn't see the need in the context of this board--wrong move, I guess. These are not "All-Time Worst Movies" but all-time worst movies that garnered critical acclaim. The "Dude, Where's My Car?" ilk won't make the list, because everyone knows that's going to be a terrible flick. My list only consists of movies that somehow undeservedly won Oscars or received a lot of great press. And Forrest Gump had long been at the top, until I finally decided Happiness was deserving of the honor.ETA: Did you have anything to say about Happiness?

fasteddie_21 said:
So I have a gas stove and I'm tired of having to use multiple skillets to grill up chicken, steaks, etc. Not to mention it'd be great to grill up pita bread and the ilk.

Last edited by a moderator:
oddball said:
If it were only cultural bias that shaped philosophy, then it would seem high time to overthrow the old hegemons Kant, Aristotle, Hegel, and their ilk, and open the doors to Buffy, Bart, and Neo. In fact, an entire branch of cultural studies is devoted to destroying the old hierarchies of high culture over pop culture. The original impetus for that movement (typified in the Birmingham School, 1968-2002) was a laudable attempt to rescue working-class culture from infra dig academic obscurity. Good scholarship was, and still is, done under the assumption that, say, the blues (to pick a random example) is as important for academic study as chamber music. Unfortunately, postmodern cultural studies, in typical melodramatic fashion, wants the humanities to throw out all criteria of "high" and "low" (after all, wasn't Shakespeare low and then high?), but finds itself with no alternative for assessing quality or value in art, film, or literature.

Users who are viewing this thread