What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Najeh Davenport bandwagon (1 Viewer)

Portis 26

Madden Freak
Davenport has a rare blend of size, speed and power.

It's been widely predicted that if he ever had the opportunity to start, he could post big numbers in the right offense.

He's certainly made the most of his limited opportunities for the Packers - most memorably, a 19-178 a couple of seasons ago.

However he is injury-prone and got hurt last season, missing his big opportunity and surrendering the spotlight to Samkon Gado.

But now he's re-signed for another year in Green Bay, the stage is set for him to shine.

Here's the way it'll go.

Ahman Green will open the season as the starter. But he'll get hurt pretty quickly.

At that point, the coaching staff will turn not to Gado (it was a nice story while it lasted, but come on) but to Davenport.

Najeh will proceed to run with power and authority, encouraging the Packers to re-sign him to a big deal.

At which point he will officially be a fantasy stud.

Not so unlikely, is it?

All aboard the Najeh Davenport bandwagon! :thumbup:

Honestly, I would have been more excited if he went to Miami or Oakland as the primary back-up, but I can see some version of your story playing out.

But I think you did leave out the part where he goes off for 113 yards and 2tds in like 3 quarters and gets hurt with no contact. This leaves the job to this year's version of Rashad Lee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to add he has two screws in his foot, cant run yet, isn;t even known yet he will ever be able to run again. But he is well ahead of Greens recovery pace! And will be the starter again perhaps at some point. Green won't be back by then. His injury was even more serious. Yes I know Green is the listed starter on paper. That is simply a veterens off season privlidge at this time. So is Favre until he retires. lol

gotta mix the props with the negatives! Davenport makes a nice RB 4 to have this year! Green maybe a 3. Gado a 4. IMO. High risk, hi award! Draft them all in 3rd round for all I care. More power to me!

Tatem Bell might just be the starter week 1! Gado the back up. Green and Davenport still rehabbing! That is what my guts say at this time.

I am a big Packer fan. Not just a big fan of these serious injuries Davenport and Green are trying to bounce back from!

The Davenport bandwagon was involved in a head-on collision last fall with a semi driven by Al Waysinjured and and hauling a load of Lostopertoonity about 2 miles west of the town of Kreerbakopp, Wisconsin.

All aboard the bandwagon, including the driver were pronounced dead at the scene.

Terrible tragedy.

Gado will be the man in GB. He may have to wait a bit, but I think he will outperform both Green and Davenport this year. He's got a good head on his shoulder, he's a smart guy who will pick up the offense and he's looking to shine. Not to mention while Green/Davenport are hoping to be able to run by June, Gado is getting into condition now.

He's a raw talent, but the kid put up some serious numbers when he got his opportunity. Can't ignore that. :banned:

Gado will be the man in GB. He may have to wait a bit, but I think he will outperform both Green and Davenport this year. He's got a good head on his shoulder, he's a smart guy who will pick up the offense and he's looking to shine. Not to mention while Green/Davenport are hoping to be able to run by June, Gado is getting into condition now.

He's a raw talent, but the kid put up some serious numbers when he got his opportunity. Can't ignore that. :banned:
davenport is a bum.he won't start anywhere , ever.. oft-injured #3 rb, maybe..

After being at the head of the Najeh bandwagon for two seasons and all the worked it involved, I'm pooped.

Somebody can have my spot. Tremendous talent, but it means nothing if you can't stay healthy. I'm off.

Just an update on seating on the Davenport Bandwagon:

seat 1: Portis 26

seat 2: empty

seat 3: empty

seat 4: empty

seat 5: empty

seat 6: empty

seat 7: empty

seat 8: empty

seat 1: Portis 26

seat 2: empty

seat 3: empty

seat 4: empty

seat 5: empty

seat 6: empty

seat 7: empty

seat 8: empty
:lmao: :goodposting: Portis26 also predicted last year that Clinton Portis would rush for 4.2 million yards.

i like davenport's ability, but the guy just can't stay healthy...ever

Stall 1: Portis 26

Stall 2: empty

Stall 3: empty

Stall 4: empty

Stall 5: empty

Stall 6: empty

Stall 7: empty

Stall 8: empty
fixedI'd like to join, but I won't force it.

Just an update on seating on the Davenport Bandwagon:seat 1: Portis 26seat 2: emptyseat 3: emptyseat 4: emptyseat 5: emptyseat 6: emptyseat 7: emptyseat 8: empty
As I noted in the thread title, for those lacking irony awareness, there's "still plenty of room" on the bandwagon.

The Packers are implementing the Denver running one cut - cut block scheme. Whoever starts should roll up a huge amount of yards.

Just added Boerichter, who was an outstanding downfield blocker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Davenport has a rare blend of size, speed and power.

It's been widely predicted that if he ever had the opportunity to start, he could post big numbers in the right offense.

He's certainly made the most of his limited opportunities for the Packers - most memorably, a 19-178 a couple of seasons ago.

However he is injury-prone and got hurt last season, missing his big opportunity and surrendering the spotlight to Samkon Gado.

But now he's re-signed for another year in Green Bay, the stage is set for him to shine.

Here's the way it'll go.

Ahman Green will open the season as the starter. But he'll get hurt pretty quickly.

At that point, the coaching staff will turn not to Gado (it was a nice story while it lasted, but come on) but to Davenport.

Najeh will proceed to run with power and authority, encouraging the Packers to re-sign him to a big deal.

At which point he will officially be a fantasy stud.

Not so unlikely, is it?

All aboard the Najeh Davenport bandwagon! :thumbup:
Your rationale for discounting and even dismissing Gado is extremely weak.

From the Blogger...

Packers Sign RB Davenport To One-Year Contract

Tom Silverstein, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel - [Full Article]

Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for free agent running back Najeh Davenport, said on Saturday afternoon that Davenport will sign a one-year contract to remain a member of the Green Bay Packers. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

May 21, 2006, 10:54

Packers :: RB

RB Davenport Excited About New Offensive Scheme

Lori Nickel, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel - [Full Article]

RB Najeh Davenport had surgery last October after breaking his ankle October 9th and it appears now that he won't be ready until training camp sometime in late July or early August. He is excited to get back on the field thanks to a new offensive scheme. "I'm a big back, and this is a one-cut lead type thing," said Davenport. "My damage is going to come straight ahead, downfield, that's when I'm most powerful. I don't have to follow a guard here, follow a guard there.”

Users who are viewing this thread