What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The next Arian Foster has arrived (Buy Rod Smith right now) (1 Viewer)

Great the thread police...

I'm in though. Dropped Darkwa. I always have a WR, RB and TE flier spot. Currently sitting on Waller (IR) and Pruitt. Was Orleans but now Smith.
I like this plan in my large dynasty leagues. Don't know if I'll take smith but he sure is cheap enough. (Fwiw, smelter and tye are my wr / te flyers)Eta: ended up taking him as a what the heck waiver pick. Deep league.

Last edited by a moderator:
I now own Smith in 3 of my 4 dynasty leagues (obviously he was a cheap waiver wire pickup), but I honestly see no way that the Cowboys do not make a splash in free agency or the draft at the RB position after what happened this season. They let Murray go and failed to really address the position otherwise, partly to try and show how smart they were and how great their line was, and that course of action backfired tremendously. They went from the top rushing team in the league to one of the worst.

Jerry Jones is not going to let this happen again. Obviously I hope I'm wrong but Smith can't be viewed as anything but an extreme longshot.

I now own Smith in 3 of my 4 dynasty leagues (obviously he was a cheap waiver wire pickup), but I honestly see no way that the Cowboys do not make a splash in free agency or the draft at the RB position after what happened this season. They let Murray go and failed to really address the position otherwise, partly to try and show how smart they were and how great their line was, and that course of action backfired tremendously. They went from the top rushing team in the league to one of the worst.

Jerry Jones is not going to let this happen again. Obviously I hope I'm wrong but Smith can't be viewed as anything but an extreme longshot.
Dallas is far from one of the worst rushing teams in the league- they're 9th in yards per game. Considering they've been without Romo and Dez for most of the season, it's really not bad at all.

I agree that Smith is an extreme long shot, but I don't think it's a lock that they make a big splash at RB this off season. The running game isn't why they're 2-7 this year.

humpback said:
Dr. Octopus said:

Dallas is far from one of the worst rushing teams in the league- they're 9th in yards per game. Considering they've been without Romo and Dez for most of the season, it's really not bad at all.

I agree that Smith is an extreme long shot, but I don't think it's a lock that they make a big splash at RB this off season. The running game isn't why they're 2-7 this year.
This is correct, sorry.

Correct. Although there's a lot of Dion Lewis to Trey's game, I believe his size makes him just a bit player in the Cowboys eyes.

If you give the kid the rock 12-15 touches a game I think he's a highly productive back, very much like Dion.

Correct. Although there's a lot of Dion Lewis to Trey's game, I believe his size makes him just a bit player in the Cowboys eyes.

If you give the kid the rock 12-15 touches a game I think he's a highly productive back, very much like Dion.
I absolutely agree there are shades of Dion Lewis to Trey's game, and I would love to see what this kid could do with that type of work. I just doubt the Cowboys will give Williams enough touches to give him much value. I hope I am wrong.

I absolutely agree there are shades of Dion Lewis to Trey's game, and I would love to see what this kid could do with that type of work. I just doubt the Cowboys will give Williams enough touches to give him much value. I hope I am wrong.
I think that's kind of the anti-McFadden bet though. That they turn to a Smith-Williams committee much like Blount and Lewis were for the Patriots... maybe work favors one or the other, but I would imagine they complement each other pretty well.

I think Turbin is the guy to own here.
That's the equivalent of saying, "I think Shaun Draughn is the guy to own here."

Turbin provides zero upside. If RB3 production improves your shot at a championship, your statement is true. I'm in the market for RB1 production at the end of my bench, however.

Groin injuries are like hammy injuries. They tend to not go away.

Things could get interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't be the first time the Shark Pool has been way ahead of the curve on a guy.

I'll hang up and listen.
Hi. YOU'RE SIX YEARS LATE TO THE PARTY, PAL!!

Basically, what I'm really trying to understand is why in the heck people hold fantasy drafts earlier than week 3 (at least) of the preseason? It doesn't make any sense to me and I'm baffled by those that use the excuse that they couldn't wait. Just, why?
:rolleyes: Typical guppy.

Waaah, waaah, you cry, this game is too hard!

Sorry son, but I don't have to dumb down The Sport just so noobs like you have a chance at keeping up.

I play in a $4,000 entry, Super-WCOFF, triple-reverse, double down, mirror league with a modified PPFDR base 8 scoring system, and we just held our draft in July. For the 2013 season. You think Matt Barkley getting the start in USC is news? I drafted him after studying up on him, after he signed his letter of intent, last year. You think that maybe going with a WR in the first two rounds instead of back-to-back RBs is somehow new thinking in fantasy? Well, do you have the balls to do what I did this year when I didn't take my first RB until the fourth round (Roderick Smith, Harding High School of Indiana)? You've probably never even heard of Martavis Bryant, Kyle Prater, or Darius White, yet not only did I draft them this year to form my future WR core, I've also started referring to them by fantasy board nicknames (Super Mart, KPrater, & DoubleDarius). Hell, guys like you are going to be the poor schmucks who are searching this board five years from now for info on some great RB you just heard of out of the middle of nowhere in Alaska, and the FBG search result box is going to come up with this very post, where I brag about nabbing Isaiah Weeks of the Monroe Catholic Rams at the 25.32/26.01 turn a full two months before he lit up Delta Junction for 193 yards/2 TDs or Ketchikan for 183 rushing yards, 55 rec yards, & 2 TDs. You'll be wondering about his durability and I'll remember a phone call I made back when you were just hearing the name "Knowshon Moreno" for the first time to the kid's doctor in Fairbanks about the sprain he suffered in his left ankle in 2008.

Let me give you a tip, IT = INFO, and there's no "expires by" date on it.

:football:

PHILO
One of us locked up Martavis Bryant and Rod Smith in 2009.

:bowtie:
Wonder how this Philo guy is doing with Barkley as his QB and Prater and White as his WR?

Wouldn't be the first time the Shark Pool has been way ahead of the curve on a guy.

I'll hang up and listen.

Basically, what I'm really trying to understand is why in the heck people hold fantasy drafts earlier than week 3 (at least) of the preseason? It doesn't make any sense to me and I'm baffled by those that use the excuse that they couldn't wait. Just, why?

Sorry son, but I don't have to dumb down The Sport just so noobs like you have a chance at keeping up.

I play in a $4,000 entry, Super-WCOFF, triple-reverse, double down, mirror league with a modified PPFDR base 8 scoring system, and we just held our draft in July. For the 2013 season. You think Matt Barkley getting the start in USC is news? I drafted him after studying up on him, after he signed his letter of intent, last year. You think that maybe going with a WR in the first two rounds instead of back-to-back RBs is somehow new thinking in fantasy? Well, do you have the balls to do what I did this year when I didn't take my first RB until the fourth round (Roderick Smith, Harding High School of Indiana)? You've probably never even heard of Martavis Bryant, Kyle Prater, or Darius White, yet not only did I draft them this year to form my future WR core, I've also started referring to them by fantasy board nicknames (Super Mart, KPrater, & DoubleDarius). Hell, guys like you are going to be the poor schmucks who are searching this board five years from now for info on some great RB you just heard of out of the middle of nowhere in Alaska, and the FBG search result box is going to come up with this very post, where I brag about nabbing Isaiah Weeks of the Monroe Catholic Rams at the 25.32/26.01 turn a full two months before he lit up Delta Junction for 193 yards/2 TDs or Ketchikan for 183 rushing yards, 55 rec yards, & 2 TDs. You'll be wondering about his durability and I'll remember a phone call I made back when you were just hearing the name "Knowshon Moreno" for the first time to the kid's doctor in Fairbanks about the sprain he suffered in his left ankle in 2008.

PHILO

Wonder how this Philo guy is doing with Barkley as his QB and Prater and White as his WR?
IIRC, that league has 53-player rosters and 8 IR slots. I'm sure he's still killing it. Especially as he continues to nail NFL pros out of high school. HIGH SCHOOL.
Is this guy serious?

I'll hang up and listen.

PHILO

Me and the guys in our fantasy leagues loved that post from Philo when he made it back in 2009. It's amazing to see that those high school selections are bearing fruit all these years later.

I'll hang up and listen.

PHILO

IIRC, that league has 53-player rosters and 8 IR slots. I'm sure he's still killing it. Especially as he continues to nail NFL pros out of high school. HIGH SCHOOL.
Is this guy serious?
What do you mean?

That Philo post was one of my favorites of all time. I laughed hysterically while reading it the first time.

As per Rotoworld this afternoon....Signed just two days ago, Turbin reportedly crammed enough information late in the week that he'll be ready if called upon. Although Rod Smith and Trey Williams have been with the organization longer, Turbin is probably the favorite to emerge as Dallas' No. 2 back behind Darren McFadden down the stretch. Any homers have any insight?

I'll hang up and listen.

PHILO

That Philo post was one of my favorites of all time. I laughed hysterically while reading it the first time.
My league is tougher. It only has 27 man rosters, but we play with 64 teams. that extra spot is reserved for Pop Warner Prospects ONLY. No HS players allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread