What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The ***OFFICIAL*** 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread (7 Viewers)

Rotoworld taking liberties...

(Barron will) instead play behind Vince Williams in the middle of DC Keith Butler's modified version of the 4-3 defense.

:mellow:   *even if they did play some 4-3, he'd play WLB in that formation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barron is thought to be an  upgrade over Bostic in the Steelers scheme where as an ILB at the dime spot he can more effectively drop into pass coverage. Filling a position of need also gives them flexibility in the upcoming draft in terms of options.

Barron may allow them to keep Burnett and not use him at LB, which was the rationale behind the trade request. 

Still waiting for that Ben restructure, right?  Maybe enough to sign Houston?

According to the NFL draft chart the Steelers have the following values for their picks

(1) #20 = 850,  (2) #52 = 380,  (3 from Raiders) #66 = 260,  (3) #83 = 175,  (4) #122 = 50
(5 from Raiders) #131 = 35

The latest mock from nfl.com has Devin White going at #10 to the Denver Broncos and Devin Bush to the Bengals at #11.   The #10 pick is valued at 1300 pts and #11 at 1250.   To get the #10 pick would cost the Steelers their #1, #2 and #3 (they would keep the #3 from the Raiders).   To get the #11 pick would cost the Steelers their #1, #2 and the #5 from the Raiders.

Would you pull the trigger on either of these potential trades or keep the picks hoping that one of them falls and if not take the best available player at #20?

Barron is thought to be an  upgrade over Bostic in the Steelers scheme where as an ILB at the dime spot he can more effectively drop into pass coverage. Filling a position of need also gives them flexibility in the upcoming draft in terms of options.
I agree.  Colbert makes a habit of filling holes with FAs before the draft so he doesn't have to feel forced to fill a particular position during the draft, which allows him to draft BPA.

According to the NFL draft chart the Steelers have the following values for their picks

(1) #20 = 850,  (2) #52 = 380,  (3 from Raiders) #66 = 260,  (3) #83 = 175,  (4) #122 = 50

The latest mock from nfl.com has Devin White going at #10 to the Denver Broncos and Devin Bush to the Bengals at #11.   The #10 pick is valued at 1300 pts and #11 at 1250.   To get the #10 pick would cost the Steelers their #1, #2 and #3 (they would keep the #3 from the Raiders).   To get the #11 pick would cost the Steelers their #1, #2 and the #5 from the Raiders.

Would you pull the trigger on either of these potential trades or keep the picks hoping that one of them falls and if not take the best available player at #20?
See my response above.  I highly doubt Colbert trades those three picks for either of those LBs.  I think they're good, but we have too many other holes to fill to give up two more draft picks.  If those LBs go that early and another QB sneaks into the Top 20 I'm hoping that means one of the Iowa TEs are still there for us at 20.  

No. 

or 1+3+3 = 1285

If they love Devin Bush and think he is the real deal, Pro Bowl type guy, I would want them to trade 1+3+3 to get him. That would still leave them 52 and 122 + 5 late rounders. Their 3rd round picks have been more hit then miss the last several years

Why haven't the details of the Moncrief deal come out yet? Did he really sign? Every other deal, even ones announced yesterday, the money is already out there, but I can't find any deets on how much we're paying Moncrief. 

Why do the Steelers shoot themselves in the foot every off season?  How bout sign Brown instead of Baron a little more but we would keep our comp picks.  Draft a wr instead of Moncrief.  Could have signed a better cb than who we signed.  The front office is clueless we lose picks every year when we don't have too.  Sign Houston doesn't cost against us but instead they'll do the wrong thing and sign Dupree.

Why do the Steelers shoot themselves in the foot every off season?  How bout sign Brown instead of Baron a little more but we would keep our comp picks.  Draft a wr instead of Moncrief.  Could have signed a better cb than who we signed.  The front office is clueless we lose picks every year when we don't have too.  Sign Houston doesn't cost against us but instead they'll do the wrong thing and sign Dupree.
would have rather had brown as well, but I am guessing he will be a lot more $$$. Barron was cut so he doesn't figure into the comp pick formula.

I am thinking they will still draft a WR even with the Moncrief signing. DHB and Hunter will be gone.

would have rather had brown as well, but I am guessing he will be a lot more $$$. Barron was cut so he doesn't figure into the comp pick formula.

I am thinking they will still draft a WR even with the Moncrief signing. DHB and Hunter will be gone.
That's good about Baron being cut, still think one or both of  Dhb and Hunter will be back.  

That's good about Baron being cut, still think one or both of  Dhb and Hunter will be back.  
  They have JuJu, Washington, Moncrief, Rodgers, and Switzer.   Rodgers and Switzer are similar so I don't know if both make the 53.

In the draft I expect they have a short list of the Devins,  WR Hakeem Butler, and OLB Brian Burns.  All four could very easily be gone by their pick but if the Devins and Burn are gone I think they take WR Butler.  I don't think there will be any room for DBH and Hunter.

I do think they will try to trade up for Bush  but I don't think he makes it past pick 12.  Tampa Bay, Detroit, Denver, Cincy, and Green Bay all need ILB.

Moncrief's contract details.   I think it is a very good deal for the Steelers.

From SteelersDepot

"According to Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network, Moncrief’s two-year contract totals out at $9 million and includes a $3.5 million signing bonus. Moncrief’s base salaries for the 2019 and 2020 are reportedly set to be $1.5 million and $3.5 million, respectively, according to Pelissero. Moncrief’s salary cap charges in those two years are scheduled to be $3.25 million and $5.75 million, respectively. He is due a $500,000 roster bonus in 2020, according to Joel Corry of CBS Sports."

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/contract-details-for-new-steelers-wr-donte-moncrief/

Only way for the Steelers to get people to stop calling them the Kardashians, insulting their franchise qb, and disparaging a family who has done nothing but good for the NFL is to win. Put the browns in their place. Knock the snot out of the ravens. Blowout the bengals. And get Ben another ring with a balanced team. Let’s do it. Here we go!

Only way for the Steelers to get people to stop calling them the Kardashians, insulting their franchise qb, and disparaging a family who has done nothing but good for the NFL is to win. Put the browns in their place. Knock the snot out of the ravens. Blowout the bengals. And get Ben another ring with a balanced team. Let’s do it. Here we go!
So you’re saying that there is no way to get people to stop calling them the Kardashians, insulting their franchise QB, and disparaging the Rooney family?

Moncrief's contract details.   I think it is a very good deal for the Steelers.

From SteelersDepot

"According to Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network, Moncrief’s two-year contract totals out at $9 million and includes a $3.5 million signing bonus. Moncrief’s base salaries for the 2019 and 2020 are reportedly set to be $1.5 million and $3.5 million, respectively, according to Pelissero. Moncrief’s salary cap charges in those two years are scheduled to be $3.25 million and $5.75 million, respectively. He is due a $500,000 roster bonus in 2020, according to Joel Corry of CBS Sports."

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/contract-details-for-new-steelers-wr-donte-moncrief/
This is a great deal! I was worried with the numbers not coming out for so long, but we got Moncrief for 2 years for the price of John Brown for 1 year, that's excellent to me. 

I'm still hoping we somehow land Houston, and the Steelers have made some cap space by restructuring Vince Williams. No news on Ben's extension yet, but it looks like it'll be at least $28 - $33 mil per year. I'm hoping it's a 2-year extension to match Pouncey, and a number of our other contracts. 

As of right now, the only players I see as guaranteed Steelers in 2022 are: Juju, Decastro, Tuitt, Watt, Edmunds. Everyone else is a crap shoot, and Tuitt and Edmunds are too depending on development and health. Tuitt wasn't as good last year, but hopefully he regains his dominance. 

If Bush is top 10 then we probably stay at 20. I can see them moving up into the top 15, but that’s about it. What would that take?

Any new mocks?  

A few mocks I've seen have both Devins gone by the 11th pick with Burfict being released. 
Our main hope is if the Bengals go offense because their new HC is an offensive mind. 

I don't think we're going to move up unless we get a good deal. I'm hoping that teams ahead of us go DL, EDGE, QB, OL and CB. 

I think that if neither of the Devins falls to us, that some incredible talent will be available instead, and I hope we don't reach on a player instead of taking BPA. At this point I don't really want us to go WR in the 1st because I think that there will be a great WR available in the 2nd. But outside the Devins, I can't picture who I'd really want to have. What if Ed Oliver fell to 20?

Leveon Bell talking about how the Steelers would have won the Super Bowl if they had him, that the Steelers don't treat players as human, how they had the money to sign him so they should have signed him, and how he didn't want to be in Pitt anymore. He sounds like a guy who broke up with an amazing girl for a stupid reason, then tries to justify it after the fact when everyone knows he made a mistake. 

Our main hope is if the Bengals go offense because their new HC is an offensive mind. 

I don't think we're going to move up unless we get a good deal. I'm hoping that teams ahead of us go DL, EDGE, QB, OL and CB. 

I think that if neither of the Devins falls to us, that some incredible talent will be available instead, and I hope we don't reach on a player instead of taking BPA. At this point I don't really want us to go WR in the 1st because I think that there will be a great WR available in the 2nd. But outside the Devins, I can't picture who I'd really want to have. What if Ed Oliver fell to 20?
Not a big college football guy - where does Oliver fit in the Steelers scheme?

Not a big college football guy - where does Oliver fit in the Steelers scheme?
He would be a DE for us, in rotation with Heyward and Tuitt. His pass rush ability would be equal if not better than them and could really add a spark up the middle, which is where we need to generate a rush to flush Brady. He usually only does poorly when the pass rush is generated via the interior. 

That said, I'm not sure he's a great fit for our scheme, but he is definitely one of the more talented players in this draft, and a good example I thought of the type of player that could fall.

I doubt he'd make a good OLB, but he could be flexed outside in pass rush situations. 

Leveon Bell talking about how the Steelers would have won the Super Bowl if they had him, that the Steelers don't treat players as human, how they had the money to sign him so they should have signed him, and how he didn't want to be in Pitt anymore. He sounds like a guy who broke up with an amazing girl for a stupid reason, then tries to justify it after the fact when everyone knows he made a mistake. 
That makes alot of sense Leveon. Does he not remember the years he played as a steeler and they won absolutely squat. Go smoke some more & enjoy the losing seasons ahead Bell.

That makes alot of sense Leveon. Does he not remember the years he played as a steeler and they won absolutely squat. Go smoke some more & enjoy the losing seasons ahead Bell.
Exactly... "don't know what you've got... 'til it's gone"

Transitioning from perennial play-off bound, AFC contender to playing out the string before October is over sounds like a great way to close out a seriously scarred career.

Exactly... "don't know what you've got... 'til it's gone"

Transitioning from perennial play-off bound, AFC contender to playing out the string before October is over sounds like a great way to close out a seriously scarred career.
I think that the Jets could have success with Darnold. Unfortunately for Leveon, I think that success starts when Brady retires, and I think that Brady and Bell probably leave the league around the same time. 

Most mocks I see have D White well out of our range - around #10.

Alternatively, most mocks I see have us taking D. Bush while standing pat at 20.  

And in those mocks, we pass up on Greedy Williams to take Bush.

I'd be more than happy with Bush at 20 and if he's gone, Williams would be just fine.

Most mocks I see have D White well out of our range - around #10.

Alternatively, most mocks I see have us taking D. Bush while standing pat at 20.  

And in those mocks, we pass up on Greedy Williams to take Bush.

I'd be more than happy with Bush at 20 and if he's gone, Williams would be just fine.
I think the Steelers did a nice job in free agency filling the biggest needs at ILB, CB, and WR.   Obviously they should go after the Devins if they fall or  move up if not too costly but if they can't they should be able to pick up Greedy Williams or DeAndre Baker (someone has to fall, right?).  Then address the ILB position by taking Mack in the 2nd round.

Godsbrother said:
I think the Steelers did a nice job in free agency filling the biggest needs at ILB, CB, and WR.   Obviously they should go after the Devins if they fall or  move up if not too costly but if they can't they should be able to pick up Greedy Williams or DeAndre Baker (someone has to fall, right?).  Then address the ILB position by taking Mack in the 2nd round.
Sounds like Colbert opted for Notre Dame's pro day over Georgia's, so they might not be interested in Baker.

Completed several mock draft simulators, and the only times when it felt good afterwards were when I was able to get Devin Bush in the 1st. White never fell all the way to 20 and there was no trade option.  My favorite mock was:

• 1.20 - Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
  • 2.20 - N'Keal Harry, WR, AZ St.
  • 3.2 - Darnell Savage, S, MD
  • 3.19 - Lonnie Jackson, CB, Kentucky
  • 4.20 - Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame
  • 5.3 - Mike Weber, RB, Ohio St.
  • 6.2 - Shareef Miller, EDGE, Penn St.
  • 6.19 - Albert Huggins, DL, Clemson
  • 6.34 - Jahlani Tavai, LB, Hawaii
  • 7.5 - Terry Godwin, WR, Georgia
I took too many WRs, but I liked the value and right now the only locks I see in the WR room for next season are Juju and Washington. Moncrief, Rogers, Switzer could all be gone by the start of 2020. Least favorite picks were Weber and Miller, but there was a run on RB and he was the best left, and I think we need OLB and RB depth. Ideally we'd get other options at Edge and RB, but we'll see what's there. I was hoping for Bryce Love, since we won't need to rush him back, and he's a good pass catcher.

I covered ILB, WR, S, CB, Edge, DL, I didn't take any OL, which we probably should even as depth. Also, I hope we get the Notre Dame punter as a UDFA, and some college kickers too. 

Took Harry in the 2nd because there was a run on WR and it was him and Harmon left in the 2nd tier and I didn't want to miss out. If we came out of the draft with Harry, Boykin, and Godwin, I'd be very confident that we have at least 2 WRs that will significantly contribute to the team over the next 4 years. 

Savage and Jackson are being mocked in the 2nd often, so I felt a bit lucky that they fell into the 3rd and fill two important areas of depth, with the potential to start in the future. 

Overall, I'd be pretty happy if this was our draft in April. 

Now Emmanuel Sanders is badmouthing Colbert saying he was dissed cause he didn't like his contract offer.  I wonder who will be next to take a dump on the Steelers logo?

Morgan Burnett informed that he will be released April 1. Was going to be sooner, but accounting issues. Glad he is being released, but wtf are these accounting issues?

@AdamSchefter

Steelers have informed veteran S Morgan Burnett that they will release him by April 1, per the player’s request, said his agent Kevin Conner. Burnett was told release would occur Weds, but Steelers say accounting issues will delay it another week. Another S about to be on market.

Morgan Burnett informed that he will be released April 1. Was going to be sooner, but accounting issues. Glad he is being released, but wtf are these accounting issues?

@AdamSchefter

Steelers have informed veteran S Morgan Burnett that they will release him by April 1, per the player’s request, said his agent Kevin Conner. Burnett was told release would occur Weds, but Steelers say accounting issues will delay it another week. Another S about to be on market.
Accounting issues = you bad mouthed us in public and demanded a release, so we're not going to help you in any way. Plus we were already going to release you but now we're doing it later so you miss out on the market.

"You're no Antonio Brown." Idk if he actually said that or not, and it's definitely harsh, but also true. Probably doesn't need to be said though. 
Even if it was said I don't understand the need to be talking about it now.   What exactly does Sanders gain?   I am so turned off by NFL players, they are so immature and full of themselves.  Big babies is what they are.

Even if it was said I don't understand the need to be talking about it now.   What exactly does Sanders gain?   I am so turned off by NFL players, they are so immature and full of themselves.  Big babies is what they are.
A team that drafts as well as the Steelers cannot afford to keep all their picks past their rookie deals. There's only so much money to go around. When the Pats trade Brandin Cooks or let Nate Solder walk, model franchise. Steelers, greedy.

Burnett will go down as one of the worst Steelers FA signings of the Colbert era.   
Apparently the FO is trying to trade him right now. I have a hard time seeing that happening, but best of luck.

A team that drafts as well as the Steelers cannot afford to keep all their picks past their rookie deals. There's only so much money to go around. When the Pats trade Brandin Cooks or let Nate Solder walk, model franchise. Steelers, greedy.
Our team is up against the cap every single year, we're spending as much as allowed. The only place that the Steelers limit money is in the guarantees, but the team rarely cuts players early in contracts, so it's the same as getting a 2-3 year guarantee from another team. If you don't like the offer, that's fine, but the Steelers often can't afford to offer more. 

Users who are viewing this thread