What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official I Will Never Draft Joseph Addai Again Thread (1 Viewer)

packersfan

Footballguy
I should never say never. It's possible I'll consider Addai as my RB5 at the end of the draft if the choice is between him and say ... Torry Holt ... for my last roster spot. But I surrender with this guy. He clearly isn't a major talent and despite having a cake matchup on Sunday he ended up getting benched for all intents and purposes, being rendered the short-yardage RB while Dominic Rhodes got the starter's carries.

For all those who said before the year that Addai was overrated and lacked big-time talent, you've definitely been proven right. To all of the suckers such as myself who bought into his strong RB ranking last year and took him as a Top 4-5 pick this year, it's safe to say he's destroyed many teams' chances for success this year. While it's far too early to make any definitive decisions about next year, I will view Addai next year the way I viewed Laurence Maroney going into this year - a soft, underachiever who generates too much hype and is someone I will draft only if the value is too ridiculously good to pass on. Otherwise, it's one and done for me as an Addai owner. As bad as he's been this year, it wouldn't surprise me if the Colts either looked for another starter next year or found someone else (assuming Rhodes doesn't return) to split carries with Addai. Given how involved Rhodes has been lately, the Colts must not view Addai as being a big-time starter who can handle 20+ carries a game week in and week out.

So how are other Addai owners viewing him for next year.

packersfan said:
I should never say never. It's possible I'll consider Addai as my RB5 at the end of the draft if the choice is between him and say ... Torry Holt ... for my last roster spot. But I surrender with this guy. He clearly isn't a major talent and despite having a cake matchup on Sunday he ended up getting benched for all intents and purposes, being rendered the short-yardage RB while Dominic Rhodes got the starter's carries. For all those who said before the year that Addai was overrated and lacked big-time talent, you've definitely been proven right. To all of the suckers such as myself who bought into his strong RB ranking last year and took him as a Top 4-5 pick this year, it's safe to say he's destroyed many teams' chances for success this year. While it's far too early to make any definitive decisions about next year, I will view Addai next year the way I viewed Laurence Maroney going into this year - a soft, underachiever who generates too much hype and is someone I will draft only if the value is too ridiculously good to pass on. Otherwise, it's one and done for me as an Addai owner. As bad as he's been this year, it wouldn't surprise me if the Colts either looked for another starter next year or found someone else (assuming Rhodes doesn't return) to split carries with Addai. Given how involved Rhodes has been lately, the Colts must not view Addai as being a big-time starter who can handle 20+ carries a game week in and week out. So how are other Addai owners viewing him for next year.
The COLTS seem to be off all year.I personally will take a chance on them all for next yearManning/Addai/Wayneas none of those have lived up to their expectations.I agree with the sentiments on the talent of Addai, but the Oline, QB and Addai himself have been hampered all year by some sort of injury.

packersfan said:
I should never say never. It's possible I'll consider Addai as my RB5 at the end of the draft if the choice is between him and say ... Torry Holt ... for my last roster spot. But I surrender with this guy. He clearly isn't a major talent and despite having a cake matchup on Sunday he ended up getting benched for all intents and purposes, being rendered the short-yardage RB while Dominic Rhodes got the starter's carries. For all those who said before the year that Addai was overrated and lacked big-time talent, you've definitely been proven right. To all of the suckers such as myself who bought into his strong RB ranking last year and took him as a Top 4-5 pick this year, it's safe to say he's destroyed many teams' chances for success this year. While it's far too early to make any definitive decisions about next year, I will view Addai next year the way I viewed Laurence Maroney going into this year - a soft, underachiever who generates too much hype and is someone I will draft only if the value is too ridiculously good to pass on. Otherwise, it's one and done for me as an Addai owner. As bad as he's been this year, it wouldn't surprise me if the Colts either looked for another starter next year or found someone else (assuming Rhodes doesn't return) to split carries with Addai. Given how involved Rhodes has been lately, the Colts must not view Addai as being a big-time starter who can handle 20+ carries a game week in and week out. So how are other Addai owners viewing him for next year.
The COLTS seem to be off all year.I personally will take a chance on them all for next yearManning/Addai/Wayneas none of those have lived up to their expectations.I agree with the sentiments on the talent of Addai, but the Oline, QB and Addai himself have been hampered all year by some sort of injury.
The loss of Jeff Saturday is not good. In the beginning of the year, Manning was hurt, so was Jeff Saturday. Then Addai got hurt. Now Jeff Saturday's hurt again. Also, they've had a really tough run schedule in the beginning of the year.I actually traded for Addai a few weeks ago thinking I was buying low but I'm definitely regretting it.That said I will still draft him next year as long as the Colts bolster their Oline in the off season and not bring in another rb.

Colts just need an offseason to get healthy. Their record is amazing based on the schedule they've played and the injuries they've had so far. Bad year to have Colts on your fantasy team this year though.

BusterTBronco said:
You say this now but there you'll be next year--drafting him in the middle of the second round.
Nope. Unless something significant happens in Indy, I won't take him any sooner than the fifth round. No way he falls there if he's still the starter but that's fine with me. Like I said, I view him the same way I viewed Maroney this year. He was going in the second and third round of most drafts and I didn't touch him because I didn't think he was good enough to justify his ADP. I'd consider Addai as my RB2 only if I had loaded up at WRs in Rounds 2-4. I'm not touching him before the fifth round. I don't want to deal with his durability issues, his lack of talent compared to many other starting RBs and the strong indications that he isn't suited to be a big-time starter in terms of touches.

I've never understood why he's been drafted as a RB1. Last season was an aberration and he was 5th. He has upside as a RB2 but no way does he have the talent to be a consistent RB1.

So I've never owned him.

Agreed. He runs with no power at all. I see no talent with him whatsoever. He had a few goalline carries yesterday where I think anybody couldve gotten in with some momentum and he just went down like a heap of bricks. Him and Chad Johnson are on my short list of guys Ill never draft again. Thankfully, I didnt draft Johnson this year but Addai has bit me in the ###. He has an easy matchup next week but how can I trust him in the playoffs? Im starting Hillis over him next week and then Ill probably start Addai vs DET the following week. Ill worry about week 16 if I get there.

I have never owned him in any money league... but I understand the pain, I had Maroney last yr as my RB1 in my $150 Dynasty and $110 Dynasty... needless to say I finished dead last in both leagues.

It took a few year but my passing on Addai for DeAngelo Williams as rookies in our dynasty draft is now paying off. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went back and forth all week on whether to go Addai or Dunn. I went Addai but it really didn't matter. I was screwed either way. To me, what hurt even more than Addai's so-so performance was Reggie Wayne's.

OP proclaims that "It's possible I'll consider Addai as my RB5 at the end of the draft" and then in his very next post, "I won't take him any sooner than the fifth round."

Does anybody dispute that the Colts have underwhelmed all year in fantasy?

Addai has had injury troubles of his own and their OL has been shuffling all year. I agree that he may not be in the top tier of talent with RBs, but at this point if he looks to be the Colts starter next season, he will not slip past the third round.

Just not that much to discuss here.

OP proclaims that "It's possible I'll consider Addai as my RB5 at the end of the draft" and then in his very next post, "I won't take him any sooner than the fifth round."
The first statement was hyperbole done for effect. The second was my position. I won't consider him any sooner than the fifth round and even then I can't imagine too many scenarios where I would take him. Again, I don't think he'll last to the fifth round if he remains the starter. I think he'll go sooner and that's fine with me. Somebody else can have him and if he goes off for them, that's wonderful. I consider the risks with Addai to be far greater than the potential reward.

I've never understood why he's been drafted as a RB1.
Because of the TDs last year and being part of the historically potent Colts offense.Obviously the offense has taken a major step back this year for previously mentioned reasons, and that has been one of the big hits to Addai's numbers. Addai has enough of a well-rounded game to maintain a meaningful role in the offense, but as mentioned, it's hard to imagine him ever being the bellcow that many were projecting.

I said that after last year and I did not draft him in any of my six leagues this year. However, I regret trading for him in my main league even if the price was so cheap (an injured McFadden and Engram).

You have to play him against Detroit, don't you?

:cry:

I am so frustrated with Addai. He is in his final year of his contract with me and I am glad to have him off my team. I will, however, draft him again next year ... because I am a glutton for punishment. That is the same reason I decided to draft Larry Johnson this year.

Talent > Situation (FWIW, I never considered Addai that talented)

Mike Hart = super deep sleeper

Great with the Hillis injury I gotta start Addai next week
That sucks. There's no way you can feel good about Addai right now. He's s**t the bed in back-to-back weeks in great matchups.Frankly, I think the Colts should bench him and make Rhodes the starter. Rhodes has been vastly superior to Addai all year long anyway. I'm not sure what the point is of starting Addai anymore. He isn't very good and it's doubtful anything will change with three games left in the season. Long-term, I think the Colts also need to think about drafting a RB on the first day next year. Addai isn't the answer and it's too risky to assume Mike Hart will be if he can return from his injury.

I could have drafted him. Thought he'd have a year like he did. So I didn't. I drafted Steven Jackson instead. No difference.

He clearly isn't a major talent and despite having a cake matchup on Sunday he ended up getting benched for all intents and purposes, being rendered the short-yardage RB while Dominic Rhodes got the starter's carries. For all those who said before the year that Addai was overrated and lacked big-time talent, you've definitely been proven right. To all of the suckers such as myself who bought into his strong RB ranking last year and took him as a Top 4-5 pick this year, it's safe to say he's destroyed many teams' chances for success this year. While it's far too early to make any definitive decisions about next year, I will view Addai next year the way I viewed Laurence Maroney going into this year - a soft, underachiever who generates too much hype and is someone I will draft only if the value is too ridiculously good to pass on. Otherwise, it's one and done for me as an Addai owner. As bad as he's been this year, it wouldn't surprise me if the Colts either looked for another starter next year or found someone else (assuming Rhodes doesn't return) to split carries with Addai. Given how involved Rhodes has been lately, the Colts must not view Addai as being a big-time starter who can handle 20+ carries a game week in and week out. So how are other Addai owners viewing him for next year.
;)Hurt all season long. OL a mess most of the season. QB recovering from offseason surgery. Yeah... He really sucked, LOL.As for this week, you are upset because you started him even when he was on the injury report and didn't finish the game the week before? ptts This has to be one of the worst posts I've ever seen from you.

He clearly isn't a major talent and despite having a cake matchup on Sunday he ended up getting benched for all intents and purposes, being rendered the short-yardage RB while Dominic Rhodes got the starter's carries. For all those who said before the year that Addai was overrated and lacked big-time talent, you've definitely been proven right. To all of the suckers such as myself who bought into his strong RB ranking last year and took him as a Top 4-5 pick this year, it's safe to say he's destroyed many teams' chances for success this year. While it's far too early to make any definitive decisions about next year, I will view Addai next year the way I viewed Laurence Maroney going into this year - a soft, underachiever who generates too much hype and is someone I will draft only if the value is too ridiculously good to pass on. Otherwise, it's one and done for me as an Addai owner. As bad as he's been this year, it wouldn't surprise me if the Colts either looked for another starter next year or found someone else (assuming Rhodes doesn't return) to split carries with Addai. Given how involved Rhodes has been lately, the Colts must not view Addai as being a big-time starter who can handle 20+ carries a game week in and week out. So how are other Addai owners viewing him for next year.
:yes:Hurt all season long. OL a mess most of the season. QB recovering from offseason surgery. Yeah... He really sucked, LOL.As for this week, you are upset because you started him even when he was on the injury report and didn't finish the game the week before? ptts This has to be one of the worst posts I've ever seen from you.
I didn't start him switz. I wanted no part of that bum today because I didn't trust him. Once he popped up on the injury report on Friday I made the decision to sit him rather than endure what I thought would be another miserable Addai performance. What sucks is I turned out to be right but I can't really take any credit for it given how Addai has been a dog all season long so expecting him to do poorly is like shooting fish in a barrel. What you continue to ignore is Rhodes has ran behind the same line with the same QB and he's outperformed Addai at nearly every turn. Addai has been awful this season. To make any statement otherwise is to have some serious blinders on. And if you want to argue that Addai has been hurt and that has impacted his performance than I would counter by saying that's another reason for the Colts to look at finding another RB next year. He's brittle and you can't trust him to stay healthy so why commit to him long term as your starting RB? The reality here is Rhodes has been the superior RB all season long. He deserves to be the Colts' starter and Addai needs to be on the bench.

It wouldnt shock me if this was Addai's last season as a starting RB in this league :goodposting:
That's probably a bit strong. He's still valuable to the offense (albeit when everything around him is clicking), but I think it seems clear that he'll either continue to face serious competition or share time for the forseeable future.

What you continue to ignore is Rhodes has ran behind the same line with the same QB and he's outperformed Addai at nearly every turn. Addai has been awful this season. To make any statement otherwise is to have some serious blinders on. The reality here is Rhodes has been the superior RB all season long. He deserves to be the Colts' starter and Addai needs to be on the bench.
Rhodes has run in different situations than Addai, but to argue he's outperformed Addai at nearly every turn is laso to have the blinders on. For instance, yesterday, neither one of them ran well at all. Addai had 2.6YPC, Rhodes had 3.1. Addai had a better receiving game than Rhodes, but the sample was very very small.Against HOU, SD, and CLE Addai clearly looked better than Rhodes. This last game, they were very similar.Thing is, when Addai has been healthy, he's been the one toting the rock, almost 100% of the time. Rhodes has been used mostly in the passing game and on third downs, where he gets yards off delayed draw plays in passing situations to inflate his YPC. That's the reality of the situation. I'm not arguing that Addai has been good, just that Rhodes hasn't been better. Don't make the mistake of using FF points to determine which has been better from an NFL perspective, or who should be the starter.
And if you want to argue that Addai has been hurt and that has impacted his performance than I would counter by saying that's another reason for the Colts to look at finding another RB next year. He's brittle and you can't trust him to stay healthy so why commit to him long term as your starting RB?
I don't disagree at all about the injury issues. Since midway through last season, Addai has been consistently inconsistent and injured. Whether that is a permanent thing or not is yet to be determined. Look at Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, and Adrian Peterson. Are you ready to write them all off too? :popcorn: Maybe... maybe not.I just think you're overreacting a bit.

zamboni said:
blackjack23 said:
It wouldnt shock me if this was Addai's last season as a starting RB in this league :thumbup:
That's probably a bit strong. He's still valuable to the offense (albeit when everything around him is clicking), but I think it seems clear that he'll either continue to face serious competition or share time for the forseeable future.
In the three games Addai missed with injury (out) Rhodes had 62 of his 118 carries, that's over 50%. When Addai is healthy, or at least playing, Rhodes has only seen 10+ carries three times (10,10,11) and in only one of those games did he have a higher YPC than Addai, this last one.People are really overreacting on this ... but Addai is the posterboy of hatred on this site, so it's not unexpected. I agree 100% he's shown a serious propensity for injury, but I don't think it's anywhere near the level where the Colts would consider someone else to be their starter, nor putting Addai in a full RBBC. Addai is averaging 15.2 carries per game in the 10 games he's played (excluding the game he left after two carries with an injury which caused him to miss the next two games). Rhodes is averaging 5.6 carries per game in those same games.

What you continue to ignore is Rhodes has ran behind the same line with the same QB and he's outperformed Addai at nearly every turn. Addai has been awful this season. To make any statement otherwise is to have some serious blinders on.

The reality here is Rhodes has been the superior RB all season long. He deserves to be the Colts' starter and Addai needs to be on the bench.
Rhodes has run in different situations than Addai, but to argue he's outperformed Addai at nearly every turn is laso to have the blinders on. For instance, yesterday, neither one of them ran well at all. Addai had 2.6YPC, Rhodes had 3.1. Addai had a better receiving game than Rhodes, but the sample was very very small.Against HOU, SD, and CLE Addai clearly looked better than Rhodes. This last game, they were very similar.

Thing is, when Addai has been healthy, he's been the one toting the rock, almost 100% of the time. Rhodes has been used mostly in the passing game and on third downs, where he gets yards off delayed draw plays in passing situations to inflate his YPC. That's the reality of the situation.

I'm not arguing that Addai has been good, just that Rhodes hasn't been better. Don't make the mistake of using FF points to determine which has been better from an NFL perspective, or who should be the starter.

And if you want to argue that Addai has been hurt and that has impacted his performance than I would counter by saying that's another reason for the Colts to look at finding another RB next year. He's brittle and you can't trust him to stay healthy so why commit to him long term as your starting RB?
I don't disagree at all about the injury issues. Since midway through last season, Addai has been consistently inconsistent and injured. Whether that is a permanent thing or not is yet to be determined. Look at Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, and Adrian Peterson. Are you ready to write them all off too? :excited: Maybe... maybe not.I just think you're overreacting a bit.
Are you comparing Addai to those three RB's? Now i have heard it all. :shrug:

Rhodes has run in different situations than Addai....................

Rhodes has been used mostly in the passing game and on third downs, where he gets yards off delayed draw plays in passing situations to inflate his YPC. That's the reality of the situation.
:unsure: Rhodes in 2008:

# of carries = 118 carries

# of carries on 1st down = 64 (54%)

# of carries on 2nd down = 42 (36 %)

# of carries on 3rd down = 12 (10%)

# of carries on 3rd down and 3+ yds to go = 3 (2.5%)

To contrast that for Addai in 2008:

# of carries = 154 carries

# of carries on 1st down = 85 (55%)

# of carries on 2nd down = 46 (30%)

# of carries on 3rd down = 21 (14%)

Amazingly enough, you're just flat out wrong. Also amazingly enough, your "boy" Addai has actually had more 3rd down carries than Rhodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't disagree at all about the injury issues. Since midway through last season, Addai has been consistently inconsistent and injured. Whether that is a permanent thing or not is yet to be determined. Look at Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, and Adrian Peterson. Are you ready to write them all off too? :unsure: Maybe... maybe not.
Adrian Peterson? Last I checked, he's played every game this year. In fact, Addai has missed as many games THIS year as AP has in his career. What am I supposed to be looking at again?

I don't disagree at all about the injury issues. Since midway through last season, Addai has been consistently inconsistent and injured. Whether that is a permanent thing or not is yet to be determined. Look at Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, and Adrian Peterson. Are you ready to write them all off too? :moneybag: Maybe... maybe not.
Adrian Peterson? Last I checked, he's played every game this year. In fact, Addai has missed as many games THIS year as AP has in his career. What am I supposed to be looking at again?
He is comparing Addai to probably the three most talented RB's in the NFL right now. I dont think he is seeing things quite clearly.

I don't disagree at all about the injury issues. Since midway through last season, Addai has been consistently inconsistent and injured. Whether that is a permanent thing or not is yet to be determined. Look at Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, and Adrian Peterson. Are you ready to write them all off too? :confused: Maybe... maybe not.

I just think you're overreacting a bit.
Are you comparing Addai to those three RB's? Now i have heard it all. :thumbup:
Thank you for missing the point completely. All three of those have at time missed games due to injury early in their career... in case you weren't aware.

I don't disagree at all about the injury issues. Since midway through last season, Addai has been consistently inconsistent and injured. Whether that is a permanent thing or not is yet to be determined. Look at Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, and Adrian Peterson. Are you ready to write them all off too? :confused: Maybe... maybe not.
One of the knocks on him coming in was that he was injury prone, and he did indeed miss time his rookie season. So based on that should we write him off? Ludicrous, right? Addai has missed three games in his career AFAIK (didn't look it up)... but people are saying he's so injury prone he's going to lose his job, etc. Total overreaction.

I don't disagree at all about the injury issues. Since midway through last season, Addai has been consistently inconsistent and injured. Whether that is a permanent thing or not is yet to be determined. Look at Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, and Adrian Peterson. Are you ready to write them all off too? :towelwave: Maybe... maybe not.

Are you comparing Addai to those three RB's? Now i have heard it all. :thumbup:
Thank you for missing the point completely. All three of those have at time missed games due to injury early in their career... in case you weren't aware.
Yeah, but you asked if peole were really ready to write off three of the most talented backs in the league, as if that has anythng to do with writing off Addai.

It seems to me that injury is not the reason to write off Addai, but rather his lack of Production this year. Certainly a large part of that is because the Colts are not throwing up points at the rate that they have in the past, but Addai definitely has scared me away from him after the year he has put up. Sadly, I own him in Dynasty and pretty much have no choice but to hang on to him.

I don't disagree at all about the injury issues. Since midway through last season, Addai has been consistently inconsistent and injured. Whether that is a permanent thing or not is yet to be determined. Look at Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, and Adrian Peterson. Are you ready to write them all off too? :goodposting: Maybe... maybe not.
One of the knocks on him coming in was that he was injury prone, and he did indeed miss time his rookie season. So based on that should we write him off? Ludicrous, right? Addai has missed three games in his career AFAIK (didn't look it up)... but people are saying he's so injury prone he's going to lose his job, etc. Total overreaction.
Yes, he's only missed three full games, but there have been others where he left early or missed stretches of time.The fact that he's injury prone is very relevant, as head coaches want to be able to rely on their bellcows. And the fact that Addai hasn't been overly productive outside of a handful of games since the middle of last year doesn't help his cause.

As noted above, I don't think he's going to be pushed out, but he's also not likely ever to be a workhorse in that offense. He clearly doesn't appear to be the same back that we saw as a rookie.

I don't disagree at all about the injury issues. Since midway through last season, Addai has been consistently inconsistent and injured. Whether that is a permanent thing or not is yet to be determined. Look at Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, and Adrian Peterson. Are you ready to write them all off too? :shrug: Maybe... maybe not.

Are you comparing Addai to those three RB's? Now i have heard it all. :)
Yeah, but you asked if peole were really ready to write off three of the most talented backs in the league, as if that has anythng to do with writing off Addai.
"Talent" is completely subjective... Steven Jackson has only had one season better than any of Addai's first two.

Brian Westbrook only three (of 7) have been better than Addai's first two.

Do you really want to argue they are more talented? It'd be difficult to prove. You can assert whatever you want, but that doesn't make it true, nor provable.

Adrian Peterson's rookie season was better than any of Addai's so far, I won't argue he's more talented, he's probably the most talented RB in the NFL currently.

I don't disagree at all about the injury issues. Since midway through last season, Addai has been consistently inconsistent and injured. Whether that is a permanent thing or not is yet to be determined. Look at Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, and Adrian Peterson. Are you ready to write them all off too? :) Maybe... maybe not.

Are you comparing Addai to those three RB's? Now i have heard it all. :lmao:
"Talent" is completely subjective... Steven Jackson has only had one season better than any of Addai's first two.

Do you really want to argue they are more talented? It'd be difficult to prove. You can assert whatever you want, but that doesn't make it true, nor provable.

Adrian Peterson's rookie season was better than any of Addai's so far, I won't argue he's more talented, he's probably the most talented RB in the NFL currently.
Do you HONESTLY think Addai is as talented as Westbrook? Seriously? I surely hope not.

I had him last year and put him on my do not draft list this year. He just isn't good enough to a 1st round #1 RB pick.

I don't disagree at all about the injury issues. Since midway through last season, Addai has been consistently inconsistent and injured. Whether that is a permanent thing or not is yet to be determined. Look at Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, and Adrian Peterson. Are you ready to write them all off too? :excited: Maybe... maybe not.

Are you comparing Addai to those three RB's? Now i have heard it all. :crazy:

Jackson had two season where he played at least 15 games, and totaled 526 fantasy points.Westbrook had two seasons where he played at least 15 games, and totaled 540 fantasy points.

Addai had two seasons where he played at least 15 games, and totaled 423 fantasy points.

Not that most people would need to compare stats to figure out that Addai is nowhere near as talented as Jackson, Peterson or Westbrook. Addai = decent talent in great system. Which you prety much know, because every time he has a bad game you blame it on the Oline, Manning, Colts defense, etc. The good ones produce despite being banged up, or issues with the supporting cast.

I understand looking at your players with some optomism, but you take it WAY too far.

Do you HONESTLY think Addai is as talented as Westbrook? Seriously? I surely hope not.
The talent margin in the NFL is incredibly slim. Outside of a very very rare talent, a la Barry Sanders or perhaps Adrian Peterson, most RBs are comparable talents. The difference is not in the amount of talent they have, but in the way they are used, and the cast surrounding them. The skillsets of some RBs mesh so well with the offensive scheme they are in, that there is a synergy which results in better production than a change in either component would. Take Westy, and put him on another team and he might never have become a starter.Bottom line, an argument about talent between NFL players is a weak argument. It's difficult to measure by physical attributes or production, they are all very close in talent.Michael Turner, Terrell Davis, Brian Westbrook, etc. all later round picks. Were they lesser talents than Rashaan Salaam, Curtis Enis, Cedric Benson, William Green? Were the RBs in the second list lacking talent?

Just asking now, where do any of you rate him talent-wise? IMO he's no better than an average starting back, there's at least 20 backs in the NFL I'd take before him for my NFL team.

I don't disagree at all about the injury issues. Since midway through last season, Addai has been consistently inconsistent and injured. Whether that is a permanent thing or not is yet to be determined. Look at Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, and Adrian Peterson. Are you ready to write them all off too? :shrug: Maybe... maybe not.

Jackson had two season where he played at least 15 games, and totaled 526 fantasy points.Westbrook had two seasons where he played at least 15 games, and totaled 540 fantasy points.

Addai had two seasons where he played at least 15 games, and totaled 423 fantasy points.

Not that most people would need to compare stats to figure out that Addai is nowhere near as talented as Jackson, Peterson or Westbrook. Addai = decent talent in great system. Which you pretty much know, because every time he has a bad game you blame it on the Oline, Manning, Colts defense, etc.

I understand looking at your players with some optomism, but you take it WAY too far.
You're looking at fantasy points to prove NFL talent :lmao: Wow... :lmao: that's too funny!!!!!!! And then you try to say ff points = stats.... :lmao:

The good ones produce despite being banged up, or issues with the supporting cast.
Should we look at Barber then? Don't bother....

I don't disagree at all about the injury issues. Since midway through last season, Addai has been consistently inconsistent and injured. Whether that is a permanent thing or not is yet to be determined. Look at Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, and Adrian Peterson. Are you ready to write them all off too? :) Maybe... maybe not.

Not that most people would need to compare stats to figure out that Addai is nowhere near as talented as Jackson, Peterson or Westbrook. Addai = decent talent in great system. Which you pretty much know, because every time he has a bad game you blame it on the Oline, Manning, Colts defense, etc.

You're looking at fantasy points to prove NFL talent :lmao: Wow... :lmao: that's too funny!!!!!!! And then you try to say ff points = stats.... :lmao:

The good ones produce despite being banged up, or issues with the supporting cast.
Should we look at Barber then? Don't bother....
Fantasy points are a reflection of stats. Either way, I could have listed their stats over the same two seasons, it would all be the same. Westbrook and Jackson have better stats, and are far more talented. Your grasping at straws here, and really embarrasing yourself.

He has stunk... but may be worth a flyer in rds 3 - 5. DeAngelo Williams and Thomas Jones are examples of players who have excelled this year after low expectations. It's a gamble for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread