What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (3 Viewers)

I think the norm in fantasy leagues should to still have kickers, but have them as optional. I can see where playing a kicker as a desperation move to cover an injury can pay off. The good ones will get you 8-12 pts most likely.

I'm deciding between McLaughlin (TB) and Fairbairn (HOU).

My opponent has White + Evans on TB, while I have Stroud and Noah Brown on Houston.

My thinking is go with McLaughlin in hopes of piggybacking off the TB offense, and hope Stroud can throw touchdowns rather than stall in the RZ.

Matchup is 50/50 right now, does that logic seem sound?
Can’t go wrong with either. I feel like it’s splitting hairs, so you shouldn’t regret either choice. Personally, I’m going with Fairbairn for the higher ceiling. Both have similar floors but I don’t see a monster game in line for McLaughlin against the Saints D. I said something similar last week though and got 2 points from Fairbairn, so you might do well to fade me.

My opponent has White + Evans on TB, while I have Stroud and Noah Brown on Houston.

My thinking is go with McLaughlin in hopes of piggybacking off the TB offense, and hope Stroud can throw touchdowns rather than stall in the RZ.

Can’t go wrong with either. I feel like it’s splitting hairs, so you shouldn’t regret either choice. Personally, I’m going with Fairbairn for the higher ceiling. Both have similar floors but I don’t see a monster game in line for McLaughlin against the Saints D. I said something similar last week though and got 2 points from Fairbairn, so you might do well to fade me.
Titans give up top 3 points against vs PK, the Saints are middle of the pack. Didn't like Fairbairn last week but love him this week.

Now really torn with Sanders or Fairbairn. Think I will stick with Sanders but could totally see Fairbairn having another great game.

Had the same decision today and chose the Houston K.

15 point differential - won the ship by 10

Anybody help me understand why just about everybody has Butker ranked higher than Chase McLaughlin this week?

Butker
This week KC Vs Cin (23rd ranked def vs kickers)
Last 4 weeks: 25 points. 5 of 7 FGs. 8 xps.

McLaughlin
This week Vs NO (22nd ranked def vs kickers)
Last 4 weeks: 39 points. 7 of 7 FGs. 13 xps.

Feels like the TB offense is humming and the KC offense isn’t doing much.
I hold grudges against kickers and defenses. After last week I will never roster Butker again. That is all
Noooooooow u score big Butker. Your dead to me. Will not. Can not. I'll never roster him ever again. The grudge is real and forever.

Had the same decision today and chose the Houston K.

15 point differential - won the ship by 10
Fortunately I switched to Fairbairn before kick off! The 15 points (along with White and Evans underproducing) helped me weather some injuries on my team (including Noah) and win by 9 points. Phew!

I put way too much thought into it, but my process was below... Ultimately I thought it would be slightly more likely that having the kicker on my own team would help more.

Scenarioin game with opponent's players (TB)in game with my players (HOU)
Few FGs, Little OffenseNeutralBad
Few FGs, Lots of OffenseBadGood
Lots of FGs, Little OffenseGoodNeutral
Lots of FGs, Lots of OffenseNeutralGood

This kid kicking for Alabama about to be a 3rd round pick in the NFL draft.
I hope you're kidding. Any GM that spends a 3rd on a kicker should be fired on the spot
Guess Niners Lynch should be gone after just drafting Moody in the 3rd. I'm not saying kicker is worth a 3rd. Not saying that at all. I'm saying this kid has been great since high school and a team is gonna take him early.

Users who are viewing this thread