What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Steelers v. Bengals Hype Thread (1 Viewer)

I'm just absolutely freaking crushed. I have to say that I was pretty proud of the Cincy fans at the game for being just about as loud as you can get in an outdoor stadium. Not so proud of all the jawing in the men's room and on the plaza with the Steelers fans, but what are you going to do. I actually didn't see any fights or anything, and there weren't nearly as many Steelers fans there as I thought there would be. It's hard to know what to say about Palmer. Try going from jumping up and down, screaming your head off to just stone cold silence in about three seconds. Terrible, just terrible. And, of all people it had to be an ex-Bengal. It wasn't cheap, it's just part of the game, but it's absolutely devastating. The remainder of the first half was just wishful thinking. Once they had a chance to adjust defensively to Kitna it was all over. I guess now the Bengals have to re-sign Kitna which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it sure ain't Palmer. Hats off to the Steelers I suppose, for playing the type of game they play. Tough, efficient, and just god awful suffocating once they get the lead. I will now be passing out and hope to wake up next August.

Again, I had no stake in the outcome of the game.
Doesn't matter whether you do or not. You made the preposterous remark that the Steelers game plan was to knock out Palmer with a cheap shot. The fact is that Palmer was injured on a perfectly legal hit. So legal in fact that no penalty was called. It is ridiculous to make the assertion the Steelers were trying to take Palmer out on the play.Football is a rough game and sometimes players get hurt. It sucks, but that's the way it goes. Nobody was crying for the Steelers when Ben went down with a shot to the knee in San Diego. Injuries are part of the game, either deal with it or watch bowling on Sundays.

Roethlisberger's numbers: 14/19 208 yards, 3 TDs 0 Ints.  Where is BGP now?
That's what I stopped in to see. Conspicuous by his absence - I doubt we'll hear from him until late in the week when he says the same things he said this week.Roethlisberger was absolutely terrific today. I don't think he threw more than one bad ball - he made great reads, great decisions with the football and was sniper accurate. Couldn't ask for a better performance - especially after watching Eli earlier in the day and remembering how Ben last season during the playoffs. This guy is the goods, I've been saying it for over a year now, and Steeler fans that watch all the games have been too.
I'll step up. I've argued with y'all b4, but at this point there's no disputing Ben had a fantastic game, and is one of the better QB's in the league. I saw only one mediocre pass, and it was still completed. Everything else was dead on. At this point I'm just disgusted that we took Kellen Winslow 5 spots earlier.

That's what I stopped in to see. Conspicuous by his absence - I doubt we'll hear from him until late in the week when he says the same things he said this week.Roethlisberger was absolutely terrific today. I don't think he threw more than one bad ball - he made great reads, great decisions with the football and was sniper accurate. Couldn't ask for a better performance - especially after watching Eli earlier in the day and remembering how Ben last season during the playoffs. This guy is the goods, I've been saying it for over a year now, and Steeler fans that watch all the games have been too.
I'll step up. I've argued with y'all b4, but at this point there's no disputing Ben had a fantastic game, and is one of the better QB's in the league. I saw only one mediocre pass, and it was still completed. Everything else was dead on. At this point I'm just disgusted that we took Kellen Winslow 5 spots earlier.
You mean you traded up to take Kellen Winslow 5 spots earlier.

You mean you traded up to take Kellen Winslow 5 spots earlier.
Good point. Thanks for twisting the knife. :rant:

Doesn't matter whether you do or not. You made the preposterous remark that the Steelers game plan was to knock out Palmer with a cheap shot. The fact is that Palmer was injured on a perfectly legal hit. So legal in fact that no penalty was called. It is ridiculous to make the assertion the Steelers were trying to take Palmer out on the play.

Football is a rough game and sometimes players get hurt. It sucks, but that's the way it goes. Nobody was crying for the Steelers when Ben went down with a shot to the knee in San Diego. Injuries are part of the game, either deal with it or watch bowling on Sundays.
There are plenty of 'legal' ways to hurt a guy in football. Doesn't make it right. Shame on Bill Coward and the Stealers.

Doesn't matter whether you do or not. You made the preposterous remark that the Steelers game plan was to knock out Palmer with a cheap shot. The fact is that Palmer was injured on a perfectly legal hit. So legal in fact that no penalty was called. It is ridiculous to make the assertion the Steelers were trying to take Palmer out on the play.

Football is a rough game and sometimes players get hurt. It sucks, but that's the way it goes. Nobody was crying for the Steelers when Ben went down with a shot to the knee in San Diego. Injuries are part of the game, either deal with it or watch bowling on Sundays.
There are plenty of 'legal' ways to hurt a guy in football. Doesn't make it right. Shame on Bill Coward and the Stealers.
:fishing: GB, don't take this stinky bait...

In all sincerity though, a fine effort, Capt. Quinoa... :thumbup:

I know it hurts to admit bad things about your own team.

I don't know how you can say that hit was intentional. No one is even mentioning the fact that the only reason von Oelhoffen "dove" into Palmer is because he was BLOCKED INTO HIM BY ERIC STEINBACH !! All he did was grab his leg as he was turning - he wouldn't have even known if the ball was away yet. Come on, man...

I don't know how you can say that hit was intentional. No one is even mentioning the fact that the only reason von Oelhoffen "dove" into Palmer is because he was BLOCKED INTO HIM BY ERIC STEINBACH !! All he did was grab his leg as he was turning - he wouldn't have even known if the ball was away yet. Come on, man...
He knew what the effect would be of rolling on his leg, ball or no ball.

He knew what the effect would be of rolling on his leg, ball or no ball.
Then maybe the meathead Bengals OL should learn not to block players into their QB.

One can only admit what is true :yawn:

Karma, baby.
I am looking very forward to this season. Bungle fans in general seem to feel oddly vindicated over this incident which unfortunately speaks volumes...Now don't go hiding once the season begins...teef or no teef...we own u.

Users who are viewing this thread