What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Patriots complete domination of the off season continues...Are they going 19-0? (1 Viewer)

I expect a big "come back to earth" week for Smith and Hunt next week.  That Patriots defense is HORRENDOUS.  I think wet toilet paper would've put up more resistance last night.  Loved it.

PS...Brady looked 40.
How did they drop so much from last year?  The Pat run defense was 3rd in the league in 2016. 

Are the Pats not as good as we thought or the Chiefs better than we thought? 
The Pats looked like the dominant team in the AFC due to offseason moves, but Ealy didn't work out, 2 WRs are on IR, and they lost another WR and their best defender during the game. The Pats were worse than expected, but I think a lot of that was due to injury and people not being up to speed on the offense/defense. Their backup LB had been on the team for only 5 days. The Chiefs also looked excellent on offense. The O-line was dominating at the point of attack and kept Smith clean all night which is important. He also took a couple risks which paid off with huge gains.

If the Chiefs can keep the pedal to the metal and push the ball downfield more than in past seasons, they have a good shot of a bye in the playoffs.  Losing Berry will hurt a lot though. If/when they play NE again, if Gronk is still healthy he'll have much more of an impact. Also, NE might have bit itself in the behind by trying so hard to shut down Kelce. They didn't pay Hunt the respect he's clearly due, and they didn't double up Hill which cost them a long TD.

The Pats won't be 19 - 0. But they're still the Super Bowl favorites and could end up with the best record in football. Never count out Brady and Bill. If 4-5 weeks from now they keep losing games and their offense looks like it did in the 4th quarter yesterday, then there's reason to think they might be done. But they had some drives in that game that were textbook Pats, where they basically moved the ball at will. When Brady gets more work with his new WRs, that will probably be the case more often.

Users who are viewing this thread