What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Punk Hundred by rockaction - The Countdown Of My Favorite Hundred Punk Songs By A Hundred Different Bands (1 Viewer)

there was always an element of kitsch to the Misfits merch even prior to the blowup
I had the blood red Misfits shirt by Pushead. The one with the guy hanging upside down and the huge brain from all the blood rushing there. It's how I got my first girlfriend, but I'll leave that story on the ash heap of personal history. TMI, anyway. 

I never did sync up with this thread, which sucks for me, but I'll be checking out the playlist later.

Here's my rag tag collection of also rans.

The Horrorpops:  Heading for the Disco

Roky Erickson:  Don't Slander Me

Jim Carroll Band:  People Who Died

Hound Dog Taylor:  Wild About You Baby  Regarded as blues, but Hound Dog embodied the essence of punk.

Hard Core Logo:  Something's Gonna Die Tonight

The Ugly:  One Foot in the Gutter

The Beatles:  Polythene Pam

The Pretenders:  Tattooed Love Boys 

999:  Homicide

Jason and the Scorchers with Link Wray:  Tear it Up

The Mooney Suzuki:  Alive and Amplified

... and now , Tacoland!

White Heat:  Tell Me

Big Drag:  Live show, all of it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F20aIQEkuJc

The Country Giants:  Live Part 1; Live Part 2

Saving my favorite for last:  The Dropouts:  Live Part 1; Live Part 2

Misfits- walk among us. Only took a couple of listens to know that this is for me. All the woh oh ohhs work. My indigo girl/sara mclachlan loving girl friend was caught dancing to astro zombies.

Listened to 17 of top 25. 

Misfits- walk among us. Only took a couple of listens to know that this is for me. All the woh oh ohhs work. My indigo girl/sara mclachlan loving girl friend was caught dancing to astro zombies.

Listened to 17 of top 25.
Oh we land in barren fields
Cross the Arizona plains...

Teenagers from Mars and we don't care...

Last edited:
Fxxxed up- chemistry of the common life. One of the best sounding albums I've listened to. The problem is the vocals are awful. too bad. 

found a lot of bands that I'd turn up if I heard them on the radio but wouldn't go to the mall and buy their stuff, if we still did that. kinda like Aerosmith. 

Fxxxed up- chemistry of the common life. One of the best sounding albums I've listened to. The problem is the vocals are awful. too bad. 
Damien's (also known as Pink Eyes) vocals are an acquired taste, for sure. 

found a lot of bands that I'd turn up if I heard them on the radio but wouldn't go to the mall and buy their stuff, if we still did that. kinda like Aerosmith. 
That's about all one can hope for. 

Japandroids-celebration rock. I like this. It kind of borders on cheesy at times and doesn't sound like a puck band. so I checked RA's list and the song Wet hair is on the Post Nothing album, which is described as more raw. Looking forward to coming back to these guys. 

Japandroids-celebration rock. I like this. It kind of borders on cheesy at times and doesn't sound like a puck band. so I checked RA's list and the song Wet hair is on the Post Nothing album, which is described as more raw. Looking forward to coming back to these guys. 
Post-Nothing is indeed more raw, but I'm not sure you'll find it a true "punk" song due to the indie sound of the work. Perhaps this was one that should have qualified as indie, but I'm sticking to it. 

a new device and a forgotten password and a no longer existing email forced me to create Barry2.

The Carbonas- Carbonas. from 2007 but they have a classic punk sound. Quick/short album but really good all the way through.

There were a lot of bands between Slits and Carbonas that I couldn't get into. It may have been fatigue but I also think the cream is at the top of this list.

**** Sparrer- Shock Troops. This is really good. A gem way down on the list. The singer sounds like Plank from Lock stock 2 smoking barrels.

**** Sparrer- Shock Troops. This is really good. A gem way down on the list. The singer sounds like Plank from Lock stock 2 smoking barrels.

Barry, my stalwart. Love this track. I heard it as a cover from the album Punk Rock Jukebox, IIRC.

There'll be some people that'll back you up
Don't come here for moral support

I got your number - you can fool some people some of the time
I got your number - I ain't never going to tell that particular party line

Barry, my stalwart. Love this track. I heard it as a cover from the album Punk Rock Jukebox, IIRC.

There'll be some people that'll back you up
Don't come here for moral support

I got your number - you can fool some people some of the time
I got your number - I ain't never going to tell that particular party line
yeah that was the first song that hit. There are some serious earworms (someone used this term earlier) on this album.

Thanks again, Barry. That you're still bumping this has made doing it worth it. Somebody listened, anyway. That's awesome.

Listening to "Not Coping" right now in the 30s on the list. A little metal for punk, but still very cool fazer effect on the guitar.

Thanks again, Barry. That you're still bumping this has made doing it worth it. Somebody listened, anyway. That's awesome.

Listening to "Not Coping" right now in the 30s on the list. A little metal for punk, but still very cool fazer effect on the guitar.
Punk was the one genre I never listened to. It was never on the radio or music video shows. After discovering it (Clash) a few years ago I tried to find more. Your list has stuff that youtube or even google would never recommend.

Your list has stuff that youtube or even google would never recommend.

I hope that's a good thing. It's about a concentrated period of ten-fifteen years of appreciation (I've moved on a bit, but still get a charge out of the really good stuff) and this was a labor of love. I think I overestimated the interest on the board in the genre. I think it's more of a post-punk board, really, when it comes to things punk. But people were certainly cool about it, I must say.

"Take 'Em All" certainly is catchy. I guess the Seattle Sounders fans used to sing the song, which other English soccer fans also did, but the lyrics proved too much after a school shooting in the Seattle area.

Take 'em all
Take 'em all
Put 'em up against the wall and shoot 'em.

Last edited:
MRR published part one of their top tens. I have absolutely no idea who any of these bands are.

MRR published part one of their top tens. I have absolutely no idea who any of these bands are.

Somebody plural got their first tattoo. Luke Henley did. That’s when I stopped reading. I’ve also heard of none of these bands. Not one.

The MRR list demonstrates how global Punk is. It's always been mostly a collection of local scenes; some of these scenes must be microscopic yet they exist which reassures me.

some of these scenes must be microscopic yet they exist which reassures me

The Mississippi "scenes" jumped out at me, personally. Driving through the South was an endeavor as a Northerner back in the nineties, never mind setting up shop as a punk rocker.

That's awesome. Mutant Pop was also a record label in the mid nineties in that area. It may very well have been related.

eta* I just looked it up. It was Orgeon, not Idaho. So no luck there.

some of these scenes must be microscopic yet they exist which reassures me

The Mississippi "scenes" jumped out at me, personally. Driving through the South was an endeavor as a Northerner back in the nineties, never mind setting up shop as a punk rocker.

This one warmed my heart
RESEARCH REACTOR CORP. / GEE TEE / SATANIC TOGAS / CHERRY CHEEKS / REAL PEOPLE / PAINT FUMES / MUTANT STRAIN / PLAN B live, September 29th
In this bizarre post-lockdown, pre-return-to-normalcy era, I’m more affected by live music than ever before. Maybe it’s aftershock from the shutdowns, but getting to see bands in person really hits these days. This Charlotte, NC show was totally stacked and every band slayed. The cops got called before RESEARCH REACTOR CORP. could finish, but watching SATANIC TOGAS, GEE TEE, and MUTANT STRAIN made it all worthwhile.

Research Reactor and GEE TEE are from Syndney, Australia. Sounds like an international show. How were they able to tour, one wonders?

Users who are viewing this thread