What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The real question... (1 Viewer)

Mid-August?  Into September?
:confused: Hold out for what? The only possible hold out I see is Bush.
I'm guessing the worry is that Condon plays the "last year he would've been #1, so how bout we split the difference and you pay him like the #5 pick?"

No way he settles for typical #10 money. There will be some back and forth with Condon involved. They all know Leinart was a steal. I'm not saying he should get more money, but he will demand it.

With Warner in the wings, I think the Cardinals have the leverage. I expect him to be in camp on time.

The Bidwells on one side of the table, a frustrated, elite college QB who thinks his #### doesn't stink on the other... I guess we can only wait and see. Just something that occured to me. He won't start right away, regardless, probably makes no difference.

With Warner in the wings, I think the Cardinals have the leverage. I expect him to be in camp on time.
Exactly. Leinart isnt going to make more money by entering the 2007 draft, and the Cards dont have any reason to need to rush him into camp. They'll wait for Ernie Sims to sign, and he'll get a contract just below that figure, but above what the #10 pick would normally be slotted at.

The only sticky issue will be the negotiation of escalators, which Condon will most assuredly want.

Users who are viewing this thread