What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Spotify Thread - cause it's not 2011 anymore (2 Viewers)

The only complaint I have on Spotify is that I can't search for playlists containing song X. After all this time, it's just odd that this function doesn't exist. Not a deal breaker, but would take the service from a 9.5 to an 11

I got Spotify back when it was invite only and for what I like it's the best thing i've EVER dreamed of. To have your own jukebox with +/- any song available to create your own playlists, fantastic stuff. I'm a listen to the whole album kinda guy so it's great for me. Beatles, Tool, Zepp, some other bands i've tried aren't on there but I throw those bands into iTunes, boom! $10/month is basically stealing if you like music.

I'm a premium user but have no idea what the extreme setting is-hook me up with the info! thanks.

FOUND IT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Koya said:
eoMMan said:
You guys really need to get with this Sirius XM thing. It's fantastic!
I have Sirius. Not even close to spotify for music
Can you bring your own music to Sirius? With Spotify you can add a song from your own Library (only needed if it isn't in the Spotify Library - like an odd live version of a song you found way-back when on Napster) and add it to your Playlists. You d/l to your devices and bam, all set.

I got Spotify back when it was invite only and for what I like it's the best thing i've EVER dreamed of. To have your own jukebox with +/- any song available to create your own playlists, fantastic stuff. I'm a listen to the whole album kinda guy so it's great for me. Beatles, Tool, Zepp, some other bands i've tried aren't on there but I throw those bands into iTunes, boom! $10/month is basically stealing if you like music.

I'm a premium user but have no idea what the extreme setting is-hook me up with the info! thanks.

FOUND IT!
wow - big difference, too. At least on my really good speakers - this sounds wonderful.

Might not make much of a difference when I try the (very average) outdoor speakers later.

yesterday was my first time playing around with it. glad i derided to give it another shot. the free version is fine right now, the only issue in the first few hours was that i need premium for my Roku player, while the free Pandora works on Roku.

FOUND IT!
Led Zep Is now available. They and Floyd weren't for a while with Floyd coming a good number of months ago, and LZ available for a few months now maybe? Not sure, pretty new. But I have an LZ playlist and a number of their tunes in my overall playlist.

I also think that the extreme setting is new(ish) - no idea when it came on, but when I got my new phone and had to redownload I noticed it and wow, what a difference.

I was able to get 3 months of Premium free since I'm a Sprint customer. I guess with their terrible network that's the only way I can use it.

I downloaded Spotify on my tablet to try it. Seems cool. Playlist like songza.individual tracks. not bad.

Listening to Spotify on my home stereo system with the Extreme setting.

HOLY ####. Talk about a huge improvement. Maybe the best digital sound I've heard. Amazing compared even to 192kps.

Can't remember the last time I have so enjoyed listening to music (digital, other than some CDs which lets face it, I haven't hooked up a CD player for years). The detail, and lack of harshness from the source material is really, really nice.

I downloaded Spotify on my tablet to try it. Seems cool. Playlist like songza.individual tracks. not bad.
Don't forget the 25 year future value formula.
i only got the free version.

I hated the ads, i'm pretty sure i'm uninstalling it after playing with it for about 45 min.

Between Songza, Tune-In Radio, some podcasts and my XM subscription (through the office, don't worry I ain't payin' gents) I'm in pretty good shape for music.

yesterday was my first time playing around with it. glad i derided to give it another shot. the free version is fine right now, the only issue in the first few hours was that i need premium for my Roku player, while the free Pandora works on Roku.
Can you do something with sending the sound from your computer to the Roku? Since there is no Spotify on my AppleTV (annoying!!) I use a program called Airfoil to send the Spotify sound from the Mac to my AppleTV. Airfoil works in PC, just not sure it works with Roku.

It's the best $10/month I've ever spent. I have a permanent library that follows me everywhere on all of my devices.

My only real complaint is that some of the mixtapes and unofficial releases that I have on my ipod are not on Spotify.
$5 a month for a college student like myself.

HOLY ####. Talk about a huge improvement. Maybe the best digital sound I've heard. Amazing compared even to 192kps.

Can't remember the last time I have so enjoyed listening to music (digital, other than some CDs which lets face it, I haven't hooked up a CD player for years). The detail, and lack of harshness from the source material is really, really nice.
It's the greatest thing since Twitter, changed my life- it sounds really awesome on a nice pair of headphones as well.Also there is a Spotify playlist thread floating around here.

Ilov80s said:

It's the greatest thing since Twitter, changed my life- it sounds really awesome on a nice pair of headphones as well.Also there is a Spotify playlist thread floating around here.
Ilov80s said:

so you're saying it's pointless.

Clueless about Spotify so I just down loaded it. Seems just like Pandora (so far). So whats the best way to get started with this and what features should I be taking advantage of?

Ilov80s said:

All the hype in this thread got me ready to give Spotify another chance, but just lost the appetite.

Clueless about Spotify so I just down loaded it. Seems just like Pandora (so far). So whats the best way to get started with this and what features should I be taking advantage of?
Start making a playlist. It's basically like having the ultimate mixtape builder.

Start making a playlist. It's basically like having the ultimate mixtape builder.
Ok been enjoying it thus far. Question: Can I sign up for premium, give out my password to family members and then essentially share the account and have everyone be able to play their playlists at the same time from different locals?

Ok been enjoying it thus far. Question: Can I sign up for premium, give out my password to family members and then essentially share the account and have everyone be able to play their playlists at the same time from different locals?
you are asking whether you can share a paid account over several people on a website that sells subscription accounts to people that would directly lose money if said accounts were shared?

you are asking whether you can share a paid account over several people on a website that sells subscription accounts to people that would directly lose money if said accounts were shared?
you got it. Doesn't everyone do this? How many profiles does your netflix account have?

you got it. Doesn't everyone do this? How many profiles does your netflix account have?
I am sure they have some language in their terms of service to limit this, but generally speaking you can only have one device streaming / "online" at once. But otherwise you could, forseeably, have multiple devices going at the same time if all but one are being used offline. Don't know how much they track that or not to be honest.

I am sure they have some language in their terms of service to limit this, but generally speaking you can only have one device streaming / "online" at once. But otherwise you could, forseeably, have multiple devices going at the same time if all but one are being used offline. Don't know how much they track that or not to be honest.
Gotcha. Gonna try this tonight in the house with my phone and tablet. This would work out great for the wife and I and hopefully will stop her from purchasing Iggy Azalia albums on our Amazon account.

You can only play the Premium on ONE device at a time. (Computer counts as a 'device') You have one profile, and all of the playlists are shared and viewable by all. This is why I made my comment earlier that I would like to have a 'family plan' that gave me the possibility to play on a couple of devices at the time.

You can only play the Premium on ONE device at a time. (Computer counts as a 'device') You have one profile, and all of the playlists are shared and viewable by all. This is why I made my comment earlier that I would like to have a 'family plan' that gave me the possibility to play on a couple of devices at the time.
Ah well that answers that. Any clue if I could make my wifes playlist available off line, play that and then stream mine at work without issue?

Not technically true. If I am offline I can listen to my playlists and my wife can be on and streaming.

Not technically true. If I am offline I can listen to my playlists and my wife can be on and streaming.
Perfect! Thanks for the info.

One minor thought to this is the fact that making your playlists available offline may take up more space on your device. Just something to think about. :)

One minor thought to this is the fact that making your playlists available offline may take up more space on your device. Just something to think about. :)
Indeed - I downloaded ("offline use") two playlists in high quality - about 1500 songs. Takes up 13gb.

Ilov80s said:

All the hype in this thread got me ready to give Spotify another chance, but just lost the appetite.
They aren't related. Spotify is basically do you want to listen to nearly any song ever recorded whenever you want wherever you want? If so, then you would like it. It's like owning nearly the entire music library of the world and having it with you at any computer or mobile device.

Ilov80s said:

Ilov80s said:

so you're saying it's pointless.
Yes it's really pointless to get all the news in the areas I care about and from the people I respect in one source before it is available anywhere else. It's pointless to be able to communicate with journalists. Ok. The professional development for teachers on Twitter is awesome. I've met lots of great teachers, shared resources, etc. I'm trying to teach myself French, it's cool to be able to find French people that will communicate with me and help me learn.

Anyway, Spotify is awesome. It's worth it just for the incredible classical music library- all the great recordings from the top symphonies and to be a me to hear them next to each other to compare differences is really awesome. And the comedy albums too, perfect for road trips.

Not sure if this was mentioned but Spotify doesn't have the Beatles, but if you have the Beatles on your ITunes you can sync it to your mobile Spotify and boom you have the Beatles on Spotify on your mobile device.

Not sure if this was mentioned but Spotify doesn't have the Beatles, but if you have the Beatles on your ITunes you can sync it to your mobile Spotify and boom you have the Beatles on Spotify on your mobile device.
Huh?
You can use Spotify to take songs from your iTunes library and put them on your phone Spotify app in the rare cases Spotify does not have a song you want.

Huh?
You can use Spotify to take songs from your iTunes library and put them on your phone Spotify app in the rare cases Spotify does not have a song you want.
Wow very cool. Funny thing is I just watched Downloaded on Netflix over the weekend and at they end they mentioned one of the guys started Spotify and I wasn't even aware of what it was.

Huh?
Wow very cool. Funny thing is I just watched Downloaded on Netflix over the weekend and at they end they mentioned one of the guys started Spotify and I wasn't even aware of what it was.
It's $10 well spent. I've had it for about three years and I can't imagine not having it.

Huh?
It's $10 well spent. I've had it for about three years and I can't imagine not having it.
Well since about 2pm I haven't got a lick of work done unless you include making spotify playlists work.

Huh?
Well since about 2pm I haven't got a lick of work done unless you include making spotify playlists work.
'Happy' work, or have you been banging your head against the keyboard since you are having trouble?

Huh?
'Happy' work, or have you been banging your head against the keyboard since you are having trouble?
Happy Work :) . I am absolutely shocked that it seems EVERYTHING is available. I found a live version of Holiday Road by Lindsey Buckingham. I had no idea it was even out there or that I wanted to have it on a playlist but there it is and now I do.

OK so how does one pick an exact track on Spotify. I put in a song and it came up with a bunch of other songs and the only option is to shuffle play those songs. How do I play that specific song? Do I have a setting wrong?
You click / press the song you actually want, not the shuffle button at the top. Keep ####### around and you'll get it. I'd imagine they have a tutorial also.
I swear its not working
It's free to pick exact song on computers.

On phone it's free only to shuffle play an entire album.

Happy Work :) . I am absolutely shocked that it seems EVERYTHING is available. I found a live version of Holiday Road by Lindsey Buckingham. I had no idea it was even out there or that I wanted to have it on a playlist but there it is and now I do.
Great, I'm glad it's Happy Work!! Sometimes you just never know when trying something new! ;)

Any suggested lists etc? I notice the radio stations are quite repetitive
XPN's 885 greatest songs of the new Millennium: link
Thank you sir. Now how would one come across something like this?
Duh! You ask people on an internet site!

Users who are viewing this thread