What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Steelers will win a Super Bowl with Big Ben (1 Viewer)

Mr.Happy

Footballguy
There I said it. Whether it is this year, or next year, or whenever, it will happen. I am watching just a tremendous QB out there. He is big, strong, accurate, makes great descisions, is mobile, and is a great leader.I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers beat Denver, they are that good. Bill Cowher has NEVER had a QB Big Ben, and now that he does, it is only a matter of time till he and the Steelers get over the hump.

There I said it. Whether it is this year, or next year, or whenever, it will happen. I am watching just a tremendous QB out there. He is big, strong, accurate, makes great descisions, is mobile, and is a great leader.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers beat Denver, they are that good. Bill Cowher has NEVER had a QB Big Ben, and now that he does, it is only a matter of time till he and the Steelers get over the hump.
Steeler fans everywhere...choke yourself! :bye:

Hope you're right Mr. Happy. The kid definitely has "it". Often times he takes a back seat to their running game but those who see him every week realize the kid is clutch. Hopefully the Steelers can continue to put enough talent around him to give him a shot every year.

There I said it. Whether it is this year, or next year, or whenever, it will happen. I am watching just a tremendous QB out there. He is big, strong, accurate, makes great descisions, is mobile, and is a great leader.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers beat Denver, they are that good. Bill Cowher has NEVER had a QB Big Ben, and now that he does, it is only a matter of time till he and the Steelers get over the hump.
Thank god for insightful commentary like this. You should write a column. :rolleyes:

I wanted either the colts or the steelers to win the superbowl. Since colts are out, GO PITT!!!!

Thank god for insightful commentary like this. You should write a column. :rolleyes:
It's ok. He can say whatever he wants. Gives me another chance to stare at his avatar.

As long as (and I'm sure they will) Rooney, Cowher and the rest of the front office staff keep the importance of the O-line a top priority. They seem to understand that the no-recognition O-line and less recognized 3-4 D-line are the cornerstones to what they want to do. If this tradition continues, the running game will always excel, the D will always be tough, and now, with a young-stud QB like Ben...IT WILL HAPPEN!(I still think this is the 1st of several) :towelwave:

Big Ben is good.He just looks too much like Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds. Can Big Ben guzzle beers?

Your fingers to God's ears...

I agree with the first post in this thread. Roethlisberger has evolved into one of the top five QB's in the NFL, IMO. He is the real deal. I think if the Steelers win in Denver next week, they win the Super Bowl. If not, I do think Roethlisberger will be a Super Bowl-winning QB in the very near future.

It really does seem amazing, no? Roethlisberger's Steelers have only lost 4 games, right? And by my count, they're all against teams with possible the consensus 3 best QBs in the league ... and he's beaten them all too (1-2 vs. NE, 1-1 vs. Ind, and 4-1 vs. Cin).Pretty amazing how big of a difference this guy makes (compared to Tommy). It's a team game, but he's clearly among the best there is.

I said it earlier last week.You can read it here: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...dpost&p=4150800

Big Ben is the leader of the Steelers' Offense.

ONly qb to go to the conference champ first 2 years

I said it earlier last week.You can read it here: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...dpost&p=4150800

Big Ben is the leader of the Steelers' Offense.

A public opinion poll conducted by local cable news channel "NY1" here in NYC revealed that 49% of responses say that the Giants should have drafted Rothlesberger over Eli.22% disagree. 29% said it's too soon to tell.Personally, I think it's been the best fit. Ben certainly has skills but I wonder how much he might have struggled in New York with the degree of reliance the Giants are putting on their franchis QB.

I'm no Steeler fan, but I gotta tell you, I really like Roethlisberger. He throws a nice ball, I like his emotion, I like his leadership, and I like that he is tough. I don't know about them winning the super bowl, but I will be rooting for them to do so.

As long as (and I'm sure they will) Rooney, Cowher and the rest of the front office staff keep the importance of the O-line a top priority. They seem to understand that the no-recognition O-line and less recognized 3-4 D-line are the cornerstones to what they want to do. If this tradition continues, the running game will always excel, the D will always be tough, and now, with a young-stud QB like Ben...

IT WILL HAPPEN!

(I still think this is the 1st of several)

:towelwave:
How about 3 in the next 4 years? ;) :towelwave:

I hate to say it, but I wholeheartedly agree.

Here's one Patriot fan who hopes the Steelers get "The Lombardi". They and their fans have waited a long time and deserve to win one before "The Bus' hangs em' up. Along with being a talented running back,Bettis is a gentleman and a positive ambassador for the game(Of course,I can't stand him when they play the Pats). As far as "Big Ben" goes..,he's made me a believer.His "elusiveness" is something you don't often see in a man his size and he fits that offense to a "T",by being efficient without throwing 50 times. Put a "whuppin'" on those overatted Broncos,and whoever the NFC offers up.Good luck,Cowher & Co..... :thumbup:

I agree completely--he'll win at least one Super Bowl, probably two or three. The guy is a winner, plain and simple. It amazes me that he is only in his second season. He looks like a seasoned vet out there, with regards to both his skill level and his ability to lead.I just hope this isn't the year, but should Pitt beat Denver this weekend, I don't see how they don't win it all.

It's awesome for us Steelers fans to hear that people in other cities finally see what we've seen all year. He's not a game manager - he's a damn good QB. It took a great game against the Colts in a game like that to really get people's attention, but the guy's got one helluva future ahead of him.It's night and day comparing to how good he was this year compared to last year, especially down the stretch and in the playoffs. And he's only going to get better.It's going to be awesome watching him for the next 10-15 years.And as for the sentiment expressed by someone that the Steelers need to win a Super Bowl this year because Jerome Bettis deserves it... words can't express how much I want to see him score a TD in a Steelers Super Bowl victory.

It's awesome for us Steelers fans to hear that people in other cities finally see what we've seen all year. He's not a game manager - he's a damn good QB.
This is a bit of a hijacking. Sorry. I can't help myself.As a Denver fan, this is similar to how I feel about Jake Plummer. Since his first season in Denver, I've been singing his praise. Granted, there have been some down times for him and the Broncos, but I have always considered him a very good QB, and more importantly, a wonderful fit for Denver's offense. For his first two years, very few people in the football world gave him any credit. He was looked at as nothing but a project that Shanahan brought in to stroke his ego--and more importantly, a project that was hopeless. This year, the football world finally started to recognize that he is a good QB, but most people still look at him as nothing more than a game manager--and "Jake the Mistake" is still thrown around far too liberally by a lot of fans and analysts.I guess, as with John Elway, it will take a big time performance in a big time game for Plummer to get the respect that I think he deserves. Hopefully that will come this week. Or in two weeks. (Don't take this to mean that I think he is on Elway's level. I just think that as a QB he is still under-rated.)Sorry, again, for the hijack.

Big Ben is a great looking young QB but predicting SB wins is a bit of a dicey situation. The AFC has:Carson Palmer and the BengalsTom Brady and the PatriotsBen Rothlisberger and the SteelersJake Plummer and the BroncosPeyton Manning and the Colts :lmao: :lmao: Drew Brees and the ChargersByron Leftwich and the JaguarsThere are no shortage of SB contenders and all of the QB's are fairly young. Brady and Manning are the elder statesman and they each will be around at least another 5 years or so.He could win the SB this year and should win one at some point but it is hard to predict those things.

And as for the sentiment expressed by someone that the Steelers need to win a Super Bowl this year because Jerome Bettis deserves it... words can't express how much I want to see him score a TD in a Steelers Super Bowl victory.
Right now, you should just be hoping he doesn't cough it up at the goal line again. ;)
It's awesome for us Steelers fans to hear that people in other cities finally see what we've seen all year. He's not a game manager - he's a damn good QB.
This is a bit of a hijacking. Sorry. I can't help myself.As a Denver fan, this is similar to how I feel about Jake Plummer.

Since his first season in Denver, I've been singing his praise. Granted, there have been some down times for him and the Broncos, but I have always considered him a very good QB, and more importantly, a wonderful fit for Denver's offense.

For his first two years, very few people in the football world gave him any credit. He was looked at as nothing but a project that Shanahan brought in to stroke his ego--and more importantly, a project that was hopeless. This year, the football world finally started to recognize that he is a good QB, but most people still look at him as nothing more than a game manager--and "Jake the Mistake" is still thrown around far too liberally by a lot of fans and analysts.

I guess, as with John Elway, it will take a big time performance in a big time game for Plummer to get the respect that I think he deserves. Hopefully that will come this week. Or in two weeks.

(Don't take this to mean that I think he is on Elway's level. I just think that as a QB he is still under-rated.)

Sorry, again, for the hijack.
:goodposting: Plummer is definitely one of the ten best quarterbacks in the NFL now. Instead of judging him by how he played five or eight years ago, look at his numbers and his winning percentage since becoming a Denver Bronco.

Byron Leftwich and the Jaguars
This is an insult to the rest of the QBs on your list.
It wasnt a QB list as much as it was a team list. Jacksonville was a playoff team and 12-4 this year. I thought it would be insulting to exclude them yet include a non-playoff team like the Chargers. Since I feel the Chargers will be contenders next year, I decided it best to include both.

I like Ben, but there are a lot of good QB's in the history of the league that never won one. Last I checked, this was a team sport.

I like Ben, but there are a lot of good QB's in the history of the league that never won one. Last I checked, this was a team sport.
No kidding. Keep up this talk and Roeth will become as despised by people as Manning.

Users who are viewing this thread