What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things not to say to a cop (1 Viewer)

valence

Footballguy
http://www.suntimes.com/output/bears/cst-nws-tank13.html

Bears player accused of threatening cop

February 13, 2006

BY GARY WISBY Staff Reporter

Already on probation for a weapons conviction, Chicago Bears defensive tackle Terry "Tank" Johnson was charged Sunday with aggravated assault and resisting arrest after allegedly threatening a police officer.

"You ain't the only one with a Glock," Johnson told the officer, according to Chicago Police. "If it wasn't for your gun and your badge, I'd kick your ###."

The threat was against an officer who was ticketing a limousine illegally double parked at 1045 N. Rush at 3:45 a.m. Sunday, said Lt. Joe Schmit of the Near North District. When the officer tried to arrest Johnson, the player allegedly refused to place his hands behind his back to be handcuffed.

A struggle ensued, ending after the officer sprayed Johnson with Mace and overpowered him with the help of other officers, Schmit said. Johnson was released on a signature bond. Attempts to reach him, his agent or his attorney Sunday were unsuccessful.

On Nov. 2, Johnson pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor after a loaded gun was found in his truck in Chicago. He received probation.

The odd thing is that Tank used his head and didn't drink and drive. Then he suffers brain cramps and gets beer muscles for NO reason other than to be a tough guy.

I'm not a really big fan of Mike F, but profootballtalk.com had a great segment on this story earlier today. Really made fun of Tank for being such a caveman and highlighted that this story is everything that's wrong with the NFL.

This guy just broke his probation and had to be mased and subdued. Enjoy prison "Tank".

Do you think alcohol might have had something to do with it?

If you score a 13 on the Wonderlic, then it's hardly likely the score will rise after having 10 beers.

I'm not defending this player but a lot of cops are nerdy jerk offs who love to start stuff with big guys because they know they can't fight back without going to jail, being shot, maced, etc...

70% of all cops are guys who got got beat up as kids, couldn't get girls, etc...and use their jobs to get revenge on the rest of us, especially rich pro athletes.

I'm not defending this player but a lot of cops are nerdy jerk offs who love to start stuff with big guys because they know they can't fight back without going to jail, being shot, maced, etc...

70% of all cops are guys who got got beat up as kids, couldn't get girls, etc...and use their jobs to get revenge on the rest of us, especially rich pro athletes.
Words I've always wanted to say to a jack### cop:
"You ain't the only one with a Glock," Johnson told the officer, according to Chicago Police. "If it wasn't for your gun and your badge, I'd kick your ###."
I'm not saying it's right, but there are quite a few cops who let their power go to their head.

really? did you do a study that calculated that precise percentage?

Study? yeah, just talk to a few cops or better yet, think of a guy you went to school with that went on to become a cop. The vast majority of them were angry dorks!

Most cops hide behind that badge and gun. Do you think he would have steped to a NFL D-lineman if he wasn't protected by his badge and gun?

Like Easy E once said, "Take off the badge and the gun, what do you got? A sucker in a uniform waiting to get shot!"

Study? yeah, just talk to a few cops or better yet, think of a guy you went to school with that went on to become a cop. The vast majority of them were angry dorks!

Most cops hide behind that badge and gun. Do you think he would have steped to a NFL D-lineman if he wasn't protected by his badge and gun?

Like Easy E once said, "Take off the badge and the gun, what do you got? A sucker in a uniform waiting to get shot!"
WTF did you grow up? Now granted, I know there are cops with a lot of issues... and certainly there are those on a power trip. But if someone has such blatent disrespect for the law and its officers (like this ahole who was ON probation already), they get what is coming to them. Your attitude toward Police Officers is a bit concerning, though. I'd like to know how youd feel getting the #### kicked out of you by a bunch of thugs while there was no one there to protect your ###. Be grateful for those who risk their life for you - even if some of that crew are petty wanna be tough guys themselves who happen to have a badge and a gun. The vast majority of Cops are trying to do some good.

And Ive seen the best and the worst as one of my best friends is a cop.

(Ironic, I know).

What a poet that Easy E was....

Hmm... I'm guessing he stepped up to a NFL D-Lineman becauseHE WAS DOING HIS JOB!

:wall:

WTF did you grow up? Now granted, I know there are cops with a lot of issues... and certainly there are those on a power trip. But if someone has such blatent disrespect for the law and its officers (like this ahole who was ON probation already), they get what is coming to them. Your attitude toward Police Officers is a bit concerning, though. I'd like to know how youd feel getting the #### kicked out of you by a bunch of thugs while there was no one there to protect your ###. Be grateful for those who risk their life for you - even if some of that crew are petty wanna be tough guys themselves who happen to have a badge and a gun. The vast majority of Cops are trying to do some good.

(Ironic, I know).
Yeah, there was a lot of that growing up in Iowa. :rolleyes: Cops there had no excuse for being the pricks they were, don't even try to defend them.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think he just doesn't like cops.

Cops are supposed to be professionals who have specialized training and the appropriate temperment to disregard such taunting. The thing is though, it is a life-limiting move to speak out loud what you would like to do to a cop when he is there with a gun. Shows about the same amount of brains as walking up to a hot babe and asking for a blow job. The woman is more likely to slap you than respond, "your place or mine".

There are plenty of cops who are jerks. Just like there are plenty of accountants who are jerks. The biggest difference is that it's a cop's job to enforce the law, so they have to be confrontational every day of their professional lives.

The vast majority of cops I know are good people who have crappy jobs that most of us wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole (especially for the pay). Are some of them on a power trip? Absolutely. Are some of them doing it because they want to make other people's lives better? Absolutely.

Tank acted like a kid and got what he was asking for, a confrontation that he couldn't win.

Maybe Tank's legal team can use that gem in their opening statement. I am sure the judge would appreciate the contemporary reference and the attempt to keep it real. Then, they can close with an obligatory Yeah, Boy to honor Flavor Flav. No doubt Tank walks.

Maybe Tank's legal team can use that gem in their opening statement. I am sure the judge would appreciate the contemporary reference and the attempt to keep it real. Then, they can close with an obligatory Yeah, Boy to honor Flavor Flav. No doubt Tank walks.
"Your honor the defense would like to call Ice Cube as the next witness...Ice in your words could you describe how you feel about law enforcement." I believe this is a defense currently being taught in law schools. Quoting rappers with lengthy records. It plays very well with middle America because their values are so similar.Tank sounds like a D-bag.

Most of the cops I know were jocks who played sports in college. The jocks who couldn't get into a college seem to gravitate towards being prison guards... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

(Ironic, I know).
Yeah, there was a lot of that growing up in Iowa. :rolleyes: Cops there had no excuse for being the pricks they were, don't even try to defend them.
why don't you just come clean and tell us what the one ####### cop who did something to you did... I mean, seriously, obviously you have some sort of personal vendetta against police officers, where'd it come from?Because, althought htere are a lot of cops who suck, to claim that a majority of them suck (when its doubtful you've met anywhere near a majority of them even in the city you live in) is dumb and, quite frankly, it make you look like someone who is regularly breaking the law and hates cops because they've been arrested for it before...

WowJust wow

:loco:

Your honor the defense would like to call Ice Cube as the next witness...Ice in your words could you describe how you feel about law enforcement." I believe this is a defense currently being taught in law schools. Quoting rappers with lengthy records. It plays very well with middle America because their values are so similar.
How could we forget the most obvious Ice-T? Ice and Body Count could be hired to play the after trial, after party, party. They could open with Cop Killer.

(Ironic, I know).
I guess in NYC and the surrounding area, we just have more respect for our police officers - and hey, in return they almost always show the same respect to us.Sorry you have no respect - and by your tone, I doubt someone would be willing to give you much either, huffing and puffing as you do.

(Ironic, I know).
maybe it hasn't occurred to most of you, but cops are usually called AFTER the fact ... meaning that if you couldn't protect yourself, your butt is already kicked. I just thank God this cop protected us from Tank. I mean a guy in a limo who escalates a war of words with a cop is dangerous business.kinda like the cops that like to stop my car for too dark of tint so they can run my license and search my truck.

-orphan

There we have it, the voice of reason.

Users who are viewing this thread