What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on Fref Taylor next year? (1 Viewer)

He didn't have much value this year: 860 yards 3 td's. He'll be 30 years old in two weeks time. Stick a fork in him.

He didn't have much value this year: 860 yards 3 td's.

He'll be 30 years old in two weeks time. Stick a fork in him.
He's still a good RB3. Taylor put up good numbers when he had good matchups.Against the bottom 1/2 of NFL teams against the rush (yards/game), here are Taylor's numbers:

Week 3 @ Jets: 37 carries, 98 yards, 1 touchdown

Week 5 vs. Bengals: 24 carries, 132 yards

Week 8 @ Rams: 22 carries, 165 yards, 1 touchdown

Week 9 vs. Texans: 12 carries, 48 yards (injured halfway through game)

Week 15 vs. 4934s: 17 carries, 61 yards

Week 16 @ Texans: 22 carries, 101 yards, 1 touchdown

Average: 100.8 yards, 0.5 touchdowns

Personally, I don't think the Jags are sold on either for next year. Taylor is reverting back to "Fragile Fred" status, and Jones didn't exactly light it up this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they go after someone in FA or draft someone early on...

Personally, I don't think the Jags are sold on either for next year. Taylor is reverting back to "Fragile Fred" status, and Jones didn't exactly light it up this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they go after someone in FA or draft someone early on...
I agree with this. Freddy isn't the same, the Jags seem to view Jones as simply a pounder, and they have a healthy cap. I think they make a splash this year for a feature back.

Personally, I don't think the Jags are sold on either for next year.  Taylor is reverting back to "Fragile Fred" status, and Jones didn't exactly light it up this year.  I wouldn't be surprised if they go after someone in FA or draft someone early on...
I agree with this. Freddy isn't the same, the Jags seem to view Jones as simply a pounder, and they have a healthy cap. I think they make a splash this year for a feature back.
Alexander? :whistle:

It's way too soon to tell. The Jags have a lot of choices to make this off season. Kyle Brady, Jimmy Smith, and Fred are all well paid old guard guys that are on the decline with a young team growing around them. I'm sure they have football left in them, but the Jags have to start to at least have an exit strategy. My gut feeling is that no choices will be made for while, as the Jags want to test free agency waters and see if they get a big name or two and then they'll plan accordingly. FYI.. Mike Freeman wrote an article yesterday stating that many Jags including veterans felt that Garrard should be the starter, on the radio later in the day he said that he estimates the team is divide 60% Leftwich / 40% Garrard right now. This situation could grow a great deal as many local fans have been anti-Leftwich from day one for some reason. If there's any meat to the story, the fall out could well effect personel moves made in the off season. It could get very ugly. Rumor has been for a while that several of the old guard guys are in Garrard's camp. If this story continues to grow Shack Harris and JDR might do some "wood chopping" big time this off season.

On whether the team should add a franchise running back instead of using a committee system."That's one area I feel pretty good about where we are as a football team. ... Fred and Greg [Jones] and Alvin [Pearman] some, and [LaBrandon] Toefield coming in. And the kickoff- and punt-return ability that our two young guys [Pearman, Derrick Wimbush] gave us. I think the group had an outstanding season.''
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor..._20763777.shtml

Fred taylor is on my list of "never draft unless" he provides extreme value, say as a RB4 in h2h leagues. The rest of those guys, you might as well throw a dart.

On whether the team should add a franchise running back instead of using a committee system.

"That's one area I feel pretty good about where we are as a football team. ... Fred and Greg [Jones] and Alvin [Pearman] some, and [LaBrandon] Toefield coming in. And the kickoff- and punt-return ability that our two young guys [Pearman, Derrick Wimbush] gave us. I think the group had an outstanding season.''
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor..._20763777.shtml
Coach speak?I happen to agree, as a group they did alright. Pearman and Greg Jones will improve, while Fred is gone. I wouldn't expect them to draft a RB high, I mean they need another WR in the 1st (Lions plan) ;) Frankly, I like the combined skills of the group even without Taylor.

That said, if they could add Ricky cheap - How long is Garrard under contract? (Not straight up, but Ricky and a pick for Garrard?)

Alexander? :whistle:
I can dream. That's going to cost alot of cake though.

It's way too soon to tell. The Jags have a lot of choices to make this off season. Kyle Brady, Jimmy Smith, and Fred are all well paid old guard guys that are on the decline with a young team growing around them. I'm sure they have football left in them, but the Jags have to start to at least have an exit strategy.

My gut feeling is that no choices will be made for while, as the Jags want to test free agency waters and see if they get a big name or two and then they'll plan accordingly.

FYI.. Mike Freeman wrote an article yesterday stating that many Jags including veterans felt that Garrard should be the starter, on the radio later in the day he said that he estimates the team is divide 60% Leftwich / 40% Garrard right now. This situation could grow a great deal as many local fans have been anti-Leftwich from day one for some reason. If there's any meat to the story, the fall out could well effect personel moves made in the off season. It could get very ugly. Rumor has been for a while that several of the old guard guys are in Garrard's camp. If this story continues to grow Shack Harris and JDR might do some "wood chopping" big time this off season.
No one is more loved than the backup QB. Shortly after Garrard took over, people were actually calling into the local radio stations calling for Quinn Gray the 3rd stringer to start!

Users who are viewing this thread