What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thursday Night Football: HOU @ KC let’s goooooooooooo (1 Viewer)

CEH being a complete non-factor in the passing game is somewhat concerning. How many times will the Chiefs try and run this 5'7" RB up the gut? Is a pitch to the outside not in the playbook?

Last edited by a moderator:
CEH being a complete non-factor in the passing game is somewhat concerning. How many times will the Chiefs try and run this 5'7" RB up the gut? Is a pitch to the outside not in the playbook?
Exactly! They ran it into Watt and the big dude 96 every time. 

I was in the other room when they ran a Jimmy Fallon/Miley Cyrus promo.

Miley's got an odd speaking voice.  Close your eyes and just listen to her voice.

I didn't realize it was Miley talking.

I thought it was Jimmy doing shtick and he had inhaled helium.

Exactly! They ran it into Watt and the big dude 96 every time. 
Yeah - I was wondering about that too. It’s Andy Reid - he’ll figure that out. 

I wouldn’t sweat the GL stuff if you own CEH - Texans are shout up the middle. That was bad play calling. and/or, Reid didn’t want to score to kill the clock. 

CEH stuffed at the line in every GL chance he got, but I'm not so sure he's to blame.  I have a feeling short ydg situations will be a strength of the Texans D all year.  I didn't see anywhere to go.  

Yeah - I was wondering about that too. It’s Andy Reid - he’ll figure that out. 

I wouldn’t sweat the GL stuff if you own CEH - Texans are shout up the middle. That was bad play calling. and/or, Reid didn’t want to score to kill the clock. 
I agree they'll figure it out. I was very pleased with CEH otherwise. Going to be an exciting year for him.

5.7ppg was the difference between Ezekiel Elliot and James White last year, fwiw. 
Yeah, but this is one game against an underrated KC defense. Watson is going to have better games ahead. 

i find that sample size a bit lacking for such an analogy. Lol

also, since he took Mahomes in the 1st and I took Watson in the 7th, I just need EZE to outscore his RB1 (Taylor) by 5.8, right? :shrug:  

I agree they'll figure it out. I was very pleased with CEH otherwise. Going to be an exciting year for him.
Unless he is more involved in the passing game (basically 1 real target tonight), it's going to be concerning for those who drafted CEH as their RB1 in PPR leagues. He had almost double D. Johnson's yards on the ground (138 Vs. 77) and they both had a TD, but Johnson outscored him because of his 3 for 32 in the air.

Unless he is more involved in the passing game (basically 1 real target tonight), it's going to be concerning for those who drafted CEH as their RB1 in PPR leagues. He had almost double D. Johnson's yards on the ground (138 Vs. 77) and they both had a TD, but Johnson outscored him because of his 3 for 32 in the air.
Especially if taken ahead of Henry for that reason. 

Yeah, but this is one game against an underrated KC defense. Watson is going to have better games ahead. 

i find that sample size a bit lacking for such an analogy. Lol

also, since he took Mahomes in the 1st and I took Watson in the 7th, I just need EZE to outscore his RB1 (Taylor) by 5.8, right? :shrug:  
Sure, but it's worth noting that on average Zeke didn't outscore any RB1's or even any RB2's by 5.8ppg on average last year. He probably will in this case, but one of my pet peeves in ff is the way people shrug off 5-7 points at a certain position so often. People literally trade away 3 1sts to upgrade 5-7 points at one position in ppg without realizing that's what they're doing, and then come on the forum and compare two players as close when the difference is "only" that large. 

He will be. KC didn’t even need to break a sweat tonight. There are many pages in the playbook that they didn’t even need to flip to tonight. 

CEH stuffed at the line in every GL chance he got, but I'm not so sure he's to blame.  I have a feeling short ydg situations will be a strength of the Texans D all year.  I didn't see anywhere to go.  
I also don’t think the Chiefs particularly cared in that end sequence, they were essentially kneeling the ball and saying they trust him not to fumble, let’s get him some GL looks. If they really wanted to score a quick PA pass to anyone would have been the call on one of those downs. 

Sure, but it's worth noting that on average Zeke didn't outscore any RB1's or even any RB2's by 5.8ppg on average last year. He probably will in this case, but one of my pet peeves in ff is the way people shrug off 5-7 points at a certain position so often. People literally trade away 3 1sts to upgrade 5-7 points at one position in ppg without realizing that's what they're doing, and then come on the forum and compare two players as close when the difference is "only" that large. 
I’m not shrugging it off at all. But it’s a little silly to use a PPG stat when we have a sample size of 1 game. I’m thinking it’ll be a lot closer than 5.7/game when the season is over. I also think EZE will outscore Taylor by a good chunk. 

but yeah - this was likely one of Watson’s lower scoring games.  That was my only comparison - one game. Everyone is saying Mahomes had a great game. FF-wise it was ok. 

I also don’t think the Chiefs particularly cared in that end sequence, they were essentially kneeling the ball and saying they trust him not to fumble, let’s get him some GL looks. If they really wanted to score a quick PA pass to anyone would have been the call on one of those downs. 
Yeah, I suggested as much above. I think they were killing clock. 

He will be. KC didn’t even need to break a sweat tonight. There are many pages in the playbook that they didn’t even need to flip to tonight. 
Right. They drafted the dude in part bc he can run the route tree as a RB. An Andy Reid offense of all situations is not throwing that away lol. They didn’t even need to stress tonight, Mahomes threw 3 TD’s like it was a casual scrimmage and had some unusual misfires on short balls, even. You know the dude is a stud when he throws 3 TD’s like it’s nothing and I’m actually disappointed bc it’s clear that offense didn’t need to get close to shifting into top gear. 

Right. They drafted the dude in part bc he can run the route tree as a RB. An Andy Reid offense of all situations is not throwing that away lol. They didn’t even need to stress tonight, Mahomes threw 3 TD’s like it was a casual scrimmage and had some unusual misfires on short balls, even. You know the dude is a stud when he throws 3 TD’s like it’s nothing and I’m actually disappointed bc it’s clear that offense didn’t need to get close to shifting into top gear. 
All of the above. They could have scored 60 points tonight if they wanted to. JV vs. varsity. 

Users who are viewing this thread