What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods: Good Guy or Bad Guy? (1 Viewer)

Is Tiger Woods a Good Guy or a Bad Guy?

• Good Guy

Votes: 37 40.7%
  • Bad Guy

Votes: 54 59.3%

• Total voters
Overall good.

Had issues and demons but overall good

I go back and forth on this one. Did you watch the HBO doc on him? I think that influenced a lot of my opinion about him. Loyalty is something I value in my relationships with others and he scores low there. He treated people like disposable razors.

But, he has done a LOT for the game of golf, for charity and has come back from adversity so many times, the epitome of making the most out of 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances...

But what are we about to learn about this new bombshell related to his breakup? Sexual abuse? It's going to get ugly for a guy who has already eaten a ton of mud related to his sexual transgressions.

Overall good.

I go back and forth on this one. Did you watch the HBO doc on him? I think that influenced a lot of my opinion about him. Loyalty is something I value in my relationships with others and he scores low there. He treated people like disposable razors.

But, he has done a LOT for the game of golf, for charity and has come back from adversity so many times, the epitome of making the most out of 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances...

But what are we about to learn about this new bombshell related to his breakup? Sexual abuse? It's going to get ugly for a guy who has already eaten a ton of mud related to his sexual transgressions.
I know nothing about this "new" information.....

I saw a documentary not sure which one

I compare him to a child actor...

He was a dorky kid who was a bit of a prodigy. He was pushed hard and had to learn to compartmentalize. He was still a dorky young adult and did the "normal" meet someone a d settle down

he now has money and fame and never had women throwing themselves at him (not excusing it) but he goes into I'm ****ing tiger woods mode....... Dad dies, he loses his way......learns from it . .... Has a huge charity.....almost died....gets a second chance. ..

I don't think he is inherently evil .

That being said I could be missing some info of you are referring... .

Just googled, had zero clue of the breakup but this just seems like a messy break up because of this

"There are no specific allegations of assault or harassment referenced in the court documents"

Overall good.

Obviously I can't judge Tiger as a person without firsthand knowledge and experience but repeated infidelity is enough for me to assume someone is bad. Assuming those stories are true, they are likely indicative of his personal qualities.

I won't leap to conclusions about this latest story. The accuser engaged in a relationship with Tiger after everyone had learned that he was a cheating liar. She is likely no better a person. It's probably a struggle over money and she can win simply by threatening him with bad press and courtroom drama. I read that her lawyer's request to void the NDA was based on "claims of sexual harassment or sexual assault."

She was the general manager at his restaurant, they started hooking up. At some point she moved into his place. At some point, he wanted her gone, and pulled some crap to fool her, and lock her out of the house. She is suing him for $30 million.

This after Tiger's marriage to a golfer's nanny went sideways. I think you can be a decent human, meaning not evil, and still make bad decisions with relationships. In fact, I think a fairly decent percentage of people think at least half of their relationships were mistakes.

Tiger never should have gotten married in the first place. There's just too much available women for a guy that is that famous.

She was the general manager at his restaurant, they started hooking up. At some point she moved into his place. At some point, he wanted her gone, and pulled some crap to fool her, and lock her out of the house. She is suing him for $30 million.

This after Tiger's marriage to a golfer's nanny went sideways. I think you can be a decent human, meaning not evil, and still make bad decisions with relationships. In fact, I think a fairly decent percentage of people think at least half of their relationships were mistakes.

Tiger never should have gotten married in the first place. There's just too much available women for a guy that is that famous.
Tigers dad was a notorious womanizer who had their van rocking while he hit balls on the range, that definitely played a part in his adult life.

this is weird that she wants it broken but it might not involve woods directly.
“ Herman's attorney is citing a federal law, the Speak Out Act, that prevents the enforcement of nondisclosure agreements in instances of sexual assault and harassment. In a civil cover sheet to the court, Herman's attorney, Benjamin Hodas, indicated the case involved allegations of sexual abuse, although those allegations might not involve Woods directly.”

Just a guy.
A guy who grew up in the limelight with more money and fame than almost anyone. He’s certainly imperfect. But AFAIK he hasn’t caused the death of anyone.

I can't even imagine how "bad" most people would be if they were that rich and famous.
Compared to how the average person would respond, he's quite good.

Just googled, had zero clue of the breakup but this just seems like a messy break up because of this

"There are no specific allegations of assault or harassment referenced in the court documents"

What's she going there for then?
So allegedly they broke up. He allegedly verbally said she could live in mansion. He tricked her into leaving and locked her out. She is hinting at maybe wanting to break nda ....stating that's a reason to break it but her court filings mention no such abuse. And she is looking for a parting gift....

Obviously all speculation of public lawyer speak

On the civil cover sheet to the October complaint Herman responded with “no” to the question, “Does this case involve allegations of sexual abuse?” According to court documents filed this week against Woods, Herman answered “yes” to the same question

Interesting.. .

So allegedly they broke up. He allegedly verbally said she could live in mansion. He tricked her into leaving and locked her out. She is hinting at maybe wanting to break nda ....stating that's a reason to break it but her court filings mention no such abuse. And she is looking for a parting gift....

and that she would have paid 30 million to live there during that time so she is owed 30 million :crazy:

i’ll say this about high school Tiger, he played cypress golf course where my grandpa was one of the general managers and he treated my gpa awesomely and signed a few pictures of the two of them together. we even blew up a picture into a poster and he signed that a few years later when he became ultra famous, the guy treated my gpa great so i’ll always be a fan.

Just a guy.
A guy who grew up in the limelight with more money and fame than almost anyone. He’s certainly imperfect. But AFAIK he hasn’t caused the death of anyone.

Do you think he was intoxicated when he crashed his Buick in LA? I have a hard time believing he did that stone cold sober.

and that she would have paid 30 million to live there during that time so she is owed 30 million :crazy:

i’ll say this about high school Tiger, he played cypress golf course where my grandpa was one of the general managers and he treated my gpa awesomely and signed a few pictures of the two of them together. we even blew up a picture into a poster and he signed that a few years later when he became ultra famous, the guy treated my gpa great so i’ll always be a fan.

Yeah, and as Rory said in Full Swing, Tiger texted him first. Which, whatever BUT....

If you read Phil Knight's book Shoe Dog (fantastic), Phil talks about his son dying in a SCUBA accident. The FIRST person to call him was Tiger.

So, I'm torn man.

Just a guy.

Do you think he was intoxicated when he crashed his Buick in LA? I have a hard time believing he did that stone cold sober.
It was a Hyundai,,,, hater

Iolollol...I'm driving my son's '07 Hyundai Santa Fe right now. Not a bad little car!

I can't even imagine how "bad" most people would be if they were that rich and famous.

Rory is a young rich and famous and has never even sniffed the tabloid tarnish Tiger has.
very true but to me in the golf world rory is a db. he said that the ryder cup was a joke, the olympics were a joke and non cut events were a joke. He has changed his mind on all of those now, the guy is a full of **** phony but a damn good golfer.

Rory is a young rich and famous and has never even sniffed the tabloid tarnish Tiger has.
That's a pretty terrible comparison

Okay, give me some comparisons. Tiger isn't the first nor the last to be that rich and famous. I chose a golfer, you choose?

very true but to me in the golf world rory is a db. he said that the ryder cup was a joke, the olympics were a joke and non cut events were a joke. He has changed his mind on all of those now, the guy is a full of **** phony but a damn good golfer.
A damn good golfer who has never once been in trouble with the law or his wife.

Well besides leaving his fiance at the altar..

I like Rory....the above was an exaggeration of the truth.

Tiger should have done the same

As a man who is divorced and was encouraged multiple times not to get married to my first wife I actually admire his move. He avoided all the pain and destruction I caused my first wife because I didn't put a stop to it when I should have. Look at the destruction Tiger left....

As a man who is divorced and was encouraged multiple times not to get married to my first wife I actually admire his move. He avoided all the pain and destruction I caused my first wife because I didn't put a stop to it when I should have. Look at the destruction Tiger left....
Yeah I edited my post....I agree

I like Rory....the above was an exaggeration of the truth.

Tiger should have done the same

I'm doing my part to make the FFA active again. Get your MFFAGA hats and t-shirts preordered now!

She has a non-disclosure agreement. Maybe she wants to write a book. There are laws that invalidate NDA's if there are issues of sexual abuse/assault. Could just be a lawyer trying to force him to release her from the NDA by making vague allegations.

"ex-girlfriend Erica Herman has accused the golf star of tricking her into leaving his Florida mansion under the guise of going on a “short vacation” — only to lock her out."

She took her stuff with her. She claims they had an oral agreement that she could live there for another 5 years. Getting someone to leave voluntarily and then locking them out is an effective way of preventing someone from claiming squatter's rights/residency. Good move by Tiger.

I think he’s a normal person who tries to do good. Deeply flawed but not a bad person. Delusional and out of touch which isn’t crazy considering his position. And while he seems uninterested in much outside of kicking ***, he seems to be a more aware and thoughtful as he gets older.

Overall good.

I know nothing about this "new" information.....

I saw a documentary not sure which one

I compare him to a child actor...

He was a dorky kid who was a bit of a prodigy. He was pushed hard and had to learn to compartmentalize. He was still a dorky young adult and did the "normal" meet someone a d settle down

he now has money and fame and never had women throwing themselves at him (not excusing it) but he goes into I'm ****ing tiger woods mode....... Dad dies, he loses his way......learns from it . .... Has a huge charity.....almost died....gets a second chance. ..

I don't think he is inherently evil .

That being said I could be missing some info of you are referring... .
Agree with all this. It’s hard to be a normal person in his situation. Some can pull it off flawlessly. Wayne Gretzky comes to mind.

But, far far more succumb to the trappings of fame. This doesn’t necessarily make a person bad.

$30 million?

I mean, I do get it. She can't really air specific allegations of abuse until the judge grants her request to be let out of the current NDA (at least, she can't do so without assuming some significant legal risk of liability on her end).

I think we'll probably have to resign ourselves to not really knowing how this went down. It's extremely likely that this gets settled for some additional undisclosed amount with a new NDA in place.

Okay, give me some comparisons. Tiger isn't the first nor the last to be that rich and famous. I chose a golfer, you choose?
That's sort of the point. There are no comparisons.
There's a lot of people who are rich and have fame.....but not remotely close to the level of Tiger freaking Woods.
Hell even Lebron wasn't on the tonight show at like age 4.
If you can't see the difference in the fame level between Tiger and Rory during their lives, not sure there's a point in even discussing it more.

Never met the man
I think this is probably the answer. Tiger Woods might as well be Martian from my perspective. I don't even know what a "good guy" who has a billion dollars and every Perkins waitress within a five state radius throwing their number at him would look like. Even Rory doesn't seem like a fair comparison. Rory is rich and famous, but he's not Tiger rich and famous. My Mom couldn't tell Rory McElroy from Rory Gilmore, but she sure as hell knows who Tiger Woods is.

That's sort of the point. There are no comparisons.
There's a lot of people who are rich and have fame.....but not remotely close to the level of Tiger freaking Woods.
Hell even Lebron wasn't on the tonight show at like age 4.
If you can't see the difference in the fame level between Tiger and Rory during their lives, not sure there's a point in even discussing it more.
So what level of fame do you have to achieve to get a pass for acting dooshy?

Rory is a famous, young, rich golfer. Tiger was/is an international superstar (a word used too often now by the talking heads). In my lifetime athletes that have reached that level - Jordon, Tyson, LeBron. Brady and Jeter are close but I don't think they had the international pull. Ali was of this stature but his heyday was before I was born and when I was a little kid so I'm not counting him.

Not saying that excuses his behavior but it's not an apple to apple comparison.

For all X, there are people who are popular and well-liked on this forum who would be poorer role models than X if they had the same social visibility as X. For a guy like Tiger Woods, whose personal failures fall under the "ordinary tabloid fodder" umbrella, I think that's a fairly safe bet. Since people on this forum like to think of themselves as good guys, I voted "good guy."

Good golfer, voted bad guy. If he ever went through some therapy I'm guessing he'd discover it's not entirely his fault but more to do with how he was raised. He just doesn't know any better so he treats people like ****.

Users who are viewing this thread