What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Time to Totally Get Rid of the Democratic Party (2 Viewers)

If we're going to change the names of buildings, remove statues, ban college fight songs, etc.... because of history then hard to argue that the name of the party should stay too.  Anything with racism in it's history needs to go!

Probably a good place to leave this tweet   

Dave Rubin

⁦‪@RubinReport‬⁩

What if, and hear me out on this one, it’s actually the progressives who are the racists, the homophobes and the bigots, and they just use those lables on the rest of us because all they really want to do is control us?

6/18/20, 10:49 AM
Do you believe that is true?

The history of the party switch of (southern) racists is well documented. 
That "party switch" is one of the biggest loads that you (and other guilt-ridden Democrats) have ever squatted down and dumped out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess at some point, I don’t think the alleged debate matters, but why multiple supporters are driving the same point at the same time in the same way does. The Trump campaign is driving these claims - why?
I work under the assumption that basically everything that Trump does is to enrich himself.  He will make more money if he's reelected so most everything he's doing nowadays is to get reelected.  And to be fair - pretty much every politician does that.

So D'Souza aside, what he says here about Kevin Phillips is pretty funny. He makes a point that the questioner misattributes Phillips as Nixon's campaign manager (fair, he wasn't, but he was a campaign strategist, in the way that Steve Bannon wasn't Trump's campaign manager but was a strategist) and then makes the claim that Nixon never saw any of his work. This is really irrelevant and worse because Phillip's work was generated by his observations on the Nixon campaign.

He never gets past that.

Eta - This is Phillips' 1970 interview in NYT that the questioner was referring to.

So D'Souza aside, what he says here about Kevin Phillips is pretty funny. He makes a point that the questioner misattributes Phillips as Nixon's campaign manager (fair, he wasn't, but he was a campaign strategist, in the way that Steve Bannon wasn't Trump's campaign manager but was a strategist) and then makes the claim that Nixon never saw any of his work. This is really irrelevant and worse because Phillip's work was generated by his observations on the Nixon campaign.

He never gets past that.
The only "switch" that happened was that the Republicans went from wanting a big government, to wanting a small government....the opposite for the Democrats.

It's silly to think that, all of a sudden, on cue, (or over time) everyone stood up and switched seats...and ideologies. ..

It's just a ruse to somehow, make people believe that, all of a sudden, the party that was mostly responsible for slavery and went to war to keep it, was dong everything to stop it while the other party, who fought to free the slaves, suddenly became racist, liked the idea of oppressing the blacks in the country.

Many will argue that the Democrats want of a big government was to simply switch the plantation.

The only "switch" that happened was that the Republicans went from wanting a big government, to wanting a small government....the opposite for the Democrats.

It's silly to think that, all of a sudden, on cue, (or over time) everyone stood up and switched seats...and ideologies. ..

It's just a ruse to somehow, make people believe that, all of a sudden, the party that was mostly responsible for slavery and went to war to keep it, was dong everything to stop it while the other party, who fought to free the slaves, suddenly became racist, liked the idea of oppressing the blacks in the country.

Many will argue that the Democrats want of a big government was to simply switch the plantation.
My eta was too late, please take a moment to read this 1970 NYT interview with Nixon's strategist, Kevin Phillips, which is the starting point of the video you posted. TIA before we discuss further.

The new talking point of the GOP is to deny this ever happened.
The point of the OP is that, if we are getting rid of everything that promoted slavery....the Democrat party should be at the of top that list.

The point of the OP is that if we are getting rid of everything that promoted slavery....the Democrat party should be at the top of that list.
Opie, I'm directly responding to the video that you posted, not the OP. Do you post those things with the intent no one watches and comments on them?

Great....so, respond to the OP...
I think I am when I respond to the claim from D'Souza, this insistence on revising history is really crucial to the claim in the OP. Hence the Candace Owens videos which constantly make the same false claim. I do not understand why it is necessary for making a legitimate argument about conservationism or the GOP in the South - there are legitimate ones for sure - but what's clear is that the people pushing this message feel it necessary to do so repeatedly. Now why?

In this day and age of erasing all that had to do with slavery, the Democrat party should have been the first to go.

No group or organization, in the history of the United States has done more to promulgate and promote slavery.

Name one group in the history of the US that has done more to promote slavery than the Democrat party.

Every statue, every proposed name change, and every erasure of anything associated with slavery, should go AFTER the Democrat party is eliminated.
THIS is the OP...

Even if you don't agree with the elimination of everything associated with slavery and the Civil War South, (which I do not)...do you agree or disagree with this premise?

An extreme right wing source (and a blog at that) that constantly gets things wrong and quite simply is not reliable at all?

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/american-thinker/

Overall, we rate the American Thinker, Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of conspiracy theories/pseudoscience, use of poor sources and several failed fact checks.

I actually think you would have a point Opie if the Democratic party did not morph or change over time and become accepted as something that benefits African Americans.  I'm not sure if there's a good example out there where the comparison works.  If hypothetically, some of these Confederate soldiers were still alive and working on equality for all and it was accepted by most black people that they are doing good for their community then I doubt there would be the cry out to remove statues or rename schools/camps/etc.  I think the answer to your OP is that the Democratic party had the opportunity to rehabilitate itself and it did (at least in the eyes of those who would be offended and even if you disagree with the rest of their message).

THIS is the OP...

Even if you don't agree with the elimination of everything associated with slavery (which I do not)...do you agree or disagree with this premise?
Its an interesting question.

I think, for the most part, the Democratic Party of the 1950-60's has gone, and been replaced by a more progressive party.

It is because the Democratic Party evolved, that many white southerners moved away from the Democratic party, and towards the modern day Republican party - culminating in the Trump presidency.

Ultimately parties are not the problem here - its ideologies.

Probably a good place to leave this tweet   

Dave Rubin

⁦‪@RubinReport‬⁩

What if, and hear me out on this one, it’s actually the progressives who are the racists, the homophobes and the bigots, and they just use those lables on the rest of us because all they really want to do is control us?

6/18/20, 10:49 AM
A terrible and incorrect what if statement?

First we have the absolute rewriting of history in the OP...then bogus claims that MLK was a republican...now this?

:lmao:

Well, I've already admitted the Republican moniker was mine as I remembered from school. I'll see what the dude puts on the handouts.

That said, MLK has to be considered a right-leaner, IMO, but I'm not the teacher. The guy that does it teaches many of MLK's viewpoints.

That said, I suppose you can make any claim you want & teach it how you want.
Wait...hold up...what dude?  What handouts?

In this day and age of erasing all that had to do with slavery, the Democrat party should have been the first to go.
This is a snake that eats its own tail. It was Lincoln who wanted the Democratic Party rehabilitated because that was necessary for national reconciliation to begin. A debaathification of the party and the South was definitely on the table, but it was not the policy that Lincoln wanted and when Johnson came in he switched from the Union Party back to being a Democrat and that was all she wrote. I don't know if you're really interested in discussing this subject (thank you for deleting the links you previously posted) but that's why.

I actually think you would have a point Opie if the Democratic party did not morph or change over time and become accepted as something that benefits African Americans.  I'm not sure if there's a good example out there where the comparison works.  If hypothetically, some of these Confederate soldiers were still alive and working on equality for all and it was accepted by most black people that they are doing good for their community then I doubt there would be the cry out to remove statues or rename schools/camps/etc.  I think the answer to your OP is that the Democratic party had the opportunity to rehabilitate itself and it did (at least in the eyes of those who would be offended and even if you disagree with the rest of their message).
I have real trouble with the statement in bold.

I watched the "highlights" of the recent riots in these Democrat lead cities and find it a bit of an overstatement to say that Democrat leaders do anything that benefit the black population.

No group or organization, in the history of the United States has done more to promulgate and promote slavery.
I think the history of the Republican Party, especially the early party, is wonderful. I just do not understand why it is so thoroughly rejected by the current party. Here's the Grand Old Party's current leader talking about Abraham Lincoln. - Question: what kind of people does this man appeal to? People who care about the history of the GOP and Abraham Lincoln, or people who feel more inclined to defend the heritage of the Confederacy?

We’d be so much better off without political parties...political philosophy, sure, but parties and memberships to them just seem to eventually stifle and suppress honest discussion

Anyone who wants to control the freedom of Americans to assemble and exhibit their ability to speak freely and celebrate the second amendment after overcoming a failed coup, a Chinese Virus, and an insurrection is probably just trying to manufacture conflict.  Trump is stating the obvious.   
Opie, you keep looking for answers to your OP, have a gander.^

:thumbup:

Anyone who wants to control the freedom of Americans to assemble and exhibit their ability to speak freely and celebrate the second amendment after overcoming a failed coup, a Chinese Virus, and an insurrection is probably just trying to manufacture conflict.  Trump is stating the obvious.   
What about the freedom of the protesters to assemble?

Name one group in the history of the US that has done more to promote slavery than the Democrat party.

Every statue, every proposed name change, and every erasure of anything associated with slavery, should go AFTER the Democrat party is eliminated.
If I were trying to explain to someone what trolling is by presenting examples, this post might be at the top of my list. 
The purpose here isn’t to start a real discussion or debate; it’s to (a) mock the movement that is attempting to remove historical images that are offensive and (b) degrade the Democratic Party. The OP’s sole purpose is apparently to piss people off; based on the thread so far, he seems to have succeeded. 

We already have feds that can't control a budget and the Dems direction is more, and more spending.....more, and more fed control.

I am not a fan of the almighty federal government taking care of our every need.  I'm not a fan of crony capitalism either.  We need smaller government, free markets, and personal liberty.......in the current state of our country I have no idea how we could get there.

We already have feds that can't control a budget and the Dems direction is more, and more spending.....more, and more fed control.

I am not a fan of the almighty federal government taking care of our every need.  I'm not a big fan of crony capitalism either.  We need smaller government, free markets, and personal liberty.......in the current state of our country I have no idea how we could get there.
There isn't a party that currently stands for that.  The GOP direction seems to be more and more spending as well...while lowering revenue.  Fiscal conservatism is all but dead.

I am not a fan of the almighty federal government taking care of our every need.  I'm not a big fan of crony capitalism either.  We need smaller government, free markets, and personal liberty.......in the current state of our country I have no idea how we could get there.
Why is it that I constantly hear this refrain from conservatives, and yet they always vote for people who end up spending more than the Democrats do? 

I mean it seems a little bit ridiculous to complain about government spending when the federal reserve, with the support of the White House, is pouring in billions to protect the stock market, and the Republican Senate just spent a trillion dollars on a bailout package. Who’s kidding whom? 

Why is it that I constantly hear this refrain from conservatives, and yet they always vote for people who end up spending more than the Democrats do? 
I think you are misunderstanding.  Each president spends more, and more.  We go further in debt.  I don't like either party.  The DIRECTION of the democratic party wants to take spending to new heights......it's unsustainable, but people who want uncle Sam to take care their entire life will vote for it.

I think you are misunderstanding.  Each president spends more, and more.  We go further in debt.  I don't like either party.  The DIRECTION of the democratic party wants to take spending to new heights......it's unsustainable, but people who wants uncle Sam to take care their entire life will vote for it.
No it isn’t. The Democrats simply want to spend money on different things than the Republicans do. They want less money on defense, less corporate handouts, more money for the poor and middle class. You can agree or disagree with these ideas but don’t pretend they want to spend MORE money than Republicans. 
The Democrats also want to raise taxes which is fiscally responsible. If you’re truly concerned about the budget you should support that over the continual Republican idea to cut taxes, which always serves to increase the debt and deficit. 

:thumbup:

Yeah the famous tough guy talking tough but having zero background to back it up.  He reminds me of the guy in a fight who stands behind 5 other bigger dudes talking #### over their shoulders at the other guy.  Captian Bone Spurs and sliver spoon needs to drop the tough guy act.  He ain’t tough. 

There isn't a party that currently stands for that.  The GOP direction seems to be more and more spending as well...while lowering revenue.  Fiscal conservatism is all but dead.
I've been attracted to the Libertarian movement for some time now, and I've been reading about classical liberalism.  I could get behind this kind of a movement, I just don't know that it could truly gain steam against the bloated monster we currently have.  We are entrenched in this two party system of dog####!

If I were trying to explain to someone what trolling is by presenting examples, this post might be at the top of my list. 
The purpose here isn’t to start a real discussion or debate; it’s to (a) mock the movement that is attempting to remove historical images that are offensive and (b) degrade the Democratic Party. The OP’s sole purpose is apparently to piss people off; based on the thread so far, he seems to have succeeded. 
Seems to be your go to move when you disagree with something.  But deep down you know he's right.  We are in the process of changing the names of everything with racism in it's history.  The Democrat Party should be included

No it isn’t. The Democrats simply want to spend money on different things than the Republicans do. They want less money on defense, less corporate handouts, more money for the poor and middle class. You can agree or disagree with these ideas but don’t pretend they want to spend MORE money than Republicans. 
The Democrats also want to raise taxes which is fiscally responsible. If you’re truly concerned about the budget you should support that over the continual Republican idea to cut taxes, which always serves to increase the debt and deficit. 
I've seen the numbers for Medicare for all, free college, free this, free that......and we'll just tax the hell out of the rich!.....

Bernie's redistribution setup.....it's a fricken pipe dream!  You go after the wealthy, they make moves to counter. 

historically Democrats are the party of racism

but me ?   destroy the DNC and GOP, and rebuild them all from the ground up AND inject another party of two that better represents Americans AND gives us better choices in elections

I shouldn't (realistically) only have a choice between an old senile white dude that been in politics for 35 years and hasn't changed anything much or an old white businessman who can't stop tweeting and is an elitist instigator ...... I'd like to have a third of fourth choice please and why we can't have that baffles me

its the stronghold the DNC and GOP have on politics :(  

but me ?   destroy the DNC and GOP, and rebuild them all from the ground up AND inject another party of two that better represents Americans AND gives us better choices in elections

I shouldn't (realistically) only have a choice between an old senile white dude that been in politics for 35 years and hasn't changed anything much or an old white businessman who can't stop tweeting and is an elitist instigator ...... I'd like to have a third of fourth choice please and why we can't have that baffles me

Agreed. I wanted to post that sentiment and not just use an emoji to agree. Because I think finding common ground is important and even though we don't always agree we should point out where agreement exists.

Agreed. I wanted to post that sentiment and not just use an emoji to agree. Because I think finding common ground is important and even though we don't always agree we should point out where agreement exists.
I would also say that inflammatory broad brush statements like "historically Democrats are the party of racism" aren't helpful and frankly this one is untrue. But I am glad we agreed on something.

Users who are viewing this thread