What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TITANS #3 - Leinart or Young - Forget your opinion (1 Viewer)

Leinart or Young?

• Leinart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Young

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Englishteacher

Footballguy
I've been convinced the Titans were leaning towards Leinart with what I'd read but the guys doing ESPN's draft show seem positive they are going with Young. (Salisbury and Michael Smith, African American sportswriter that's on the ESPN show with Woody Paige where they compete, not sure I got his name right and feel bad I had to say he's black as a descriptor, certainly no race issue involved) I'm actually more convinced by Smith because he's probably going by contacts and sources rather than Salisbury who is conjecturing his opinion.

I realize the debate between these two QB's has been heated on this site, as it should, and we've all enjoyed it. BUT, which QB are the TITANS really going to pick and who do you hear saying it? Who is said to be the pick for the team?

Comments and theories are welcome, as well as your opinions, but if you've heard from a source, for instance, ESPN, PFW, NFL.com, please try and post it here so we can get it together and see who's saying what.

Last edited by a moderator:
Young more ressembles McNair and what the Titians are aiming for in the future. Maybe a mistake IMO but I think they are set on Young! Jets will get Leinart. And all will be happy. Leinart is more of a N.Y. type of guy anyway with his HOLLYWOOD flash style. :thumbup:

Young more ressembles McNair and what the Titians are aiming for in the future. Maybe a mistake IMO but I think they are set on Young! Jets will get Leinart. And all will be happy. Leinart is more of a N.Y. type of guy anyway with his HOLLYWOOD flash style. :thumbup:
Excellent reasoning. Which football sources are heavily leaning as Young being the pick? Are there any that ARE on record as Young being the definite pick? Like I said, some of the ESPN draft special guys are saying Young IS THE PICK.

Young more ressembles McNair and what the Titians are aiming for in the future.  Maybe a mistake IMO but I think they are set on Young!  Jets will get Leinart.  And all will be happy.  Leinart is more of a N.Y. type of guy anyway with his HOLLYWOOD flash style.    :thumbup:
Excellent reasoning. Which football sources are heavily leaning as Young being the pick? Are there any that ARE on record as Young being the definite pick? Like I said, some of the ESPN draft special guys are saying Young IS THE PICK.
Most of the sources are anonymous Titans officials that are talking to key local media contacts.Could be a smokescreen, but I doubt it at this point. Would be really, really cool if it was.

Except they have a new OC who was Leinart's OC in college. They are going in a different direction. I say the Titans draft Leinart if no one trades up to 2 to get him. If someone grabs him at 2 (or even 1) then the Titans take Young and look to add more plays that call for QB scrambles....

I think they make a huge mistake and draft Young.

Source: Everywhere
Kinda broad but could be the reason why Leinart will be the guy. Who's on record saying it though? Anybody? Plenty I'm sure but I'm looking at creating a list.

Source:  Everywhere
Kinda broad but could be the reason why Leinart will be the guy. Who's on record saying it though? Anybody? Plenty I'm sure but I'm looking at creating a list.
The local media hasn't been naming sources, just anonymous Titans' officials for the most part. Some of the Tenn homers may have a different take, but this is what I've seen.

It would be the hugest smokescreen in recent history. :thumbup:

I've been convinced the Titans were leaning towards Leinart with what I'd read but the guys doing ESPN's draft show seem positive they are going with Young. (Salisbury and Michael Smith, African American sportswriter that's on the ESPN show with Woody Paige where they compete, not sure I got his name right and feel bad I had to say he's black as a descriptor, certainly no race issue involved) I'm actually more convinced by Smith because he's probably going by contacts and sources rather than Salisbury who is conjecturing his opinion.

I realize the debate between these two QB's has been heated on this site, as it should, and we've all enjoyed it. BUT, which QB are the TITANS really going to pick and who do you hear saying it? Who is said to be the pick for the team?

Comments and theories are welcome, as well as your opinions, but if you've heard from a source, for instance, ESPN, PFW, NFL.com, please try and post it here so we can get it together and see who's saying what.
:honda::honda:honda::honda:honda::honda:honda::honda:honda::honda:honda::honda:hnda::honda:honda::honda:honda::honda:honda::honda:honda::honda:honda::honda:hond

::honda:honda::honda

SOURCE: footballguys.com

:lmao:

I suspect that this is a Tennessee smokescreen to keep NYJ from trading up to number two to get Leinart.

"Why do that if Young is definately going to TEN" the Jets might think......

Source:  Everywhere
I think the very fact that is it being said "everywhere" is exactly why it is simply...Smokescreen!!(My guess is Leinart)

I realize the debate between these two QB's has been heated on this site, as it should, and we've all enjoyed it. BUT, which QB are the TITANS really going to pick and who do you hear saying it?  Who is said to be the pick for the team?

:honda::honda:honda::honda:honda::honda:honda::honda:honda::honda:honda::honda:hnda::honda:honda::honda:honda::honda:honda::honda:honda::honda:honda::honda:hond

::honda:honda::honda

SOURCE: footballguys.com

:lmao:
:bag:

Leinart. A good fit and only will get better. Young is still a much bigger risk no matter how in love you are with him. Chow+Leinart= lowrisk.

John Clayton says Titans scouts have Young as #1 QB. Young and McNair are very close. Young is a "McNair type" quarterback with likely more upside than McNair had coming out of school.

Michael Smith said he is "more sure that Young is going to the Titans than anything in the draft."

Also from the "ballsy predictions from Michael Smith" department:

"Donald Driver has asked to be traded or released"

2005 NFL predictions: Titans AFC North Champ, Kurt Warner NFL MVP

(yes, it's all true)

Michael Smith said he is "more sure that Young is going to the Titans than anything in the draft."

Also from the "ballsy predictions from Michael Smith" department:

"Donald Driver has asked to be traded or released"

2005 NFL predictions: Titans AFC North Champ, Kurt Warner NFL MVP

(yes, it's all true)
Was it Mort that said Leinart is now leading the pack as far as who gets drafted by Tennessee? Coaches won out? I thought I heard that somewhere.Young is still being projected by most going 7 to the Raiders... So I guess thats why I am saying Leinart.

Old man owner Adams wants Leinart.

GM Reese wants Young.

Fisher leaning Leinart.

Chow likes Young's athleticism, but has history with Leinart.

Guess who wins this arguement? :moneybag: The man that writes the check...

I heard Chris Mortensen on the Dan Patrick Show today and he said he thinks it will probably be Vince Young. Some Bud Adams "get back at the city of Houston by taking the superstar from Houston" vengeance thing.

Users who are viewing this thread