What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans IDPs (1 Viewer)

@Bri do titans LB's typically not get a huge amount of tackles in comparison to other teams that funnel traffic to the linebackers? How generous is the Titans home stat crew in doling out tackles and assists ?
I don't know tackle comparisons versus other teams.
It's either throw a few linemen at Simmons or run away from him, much like Donald and Jones.
Quality wise- the Titans only have one starting ILB according to many so they're expected to pickup an ILB around waivers or late trade. Reiterate Dr Gibby and Campbell should be backups.

They have pass rushers galore this year at OLB but coverage ability is pretty suspect for some of them.

Rashaan Evans and Jayon Brown get rumored to return by fans but no one is buying that at all. That said. It's what they need, very much so, and would fill the voids perfectly.

Reality is probably more nickel, three safety look they like etc.

You mentioned Elijah Molden as potentially filling a slot coverage role and/or getting safety work. He could be very valuable as a designated CB that gets far more tackle opportunities than a typical CB if he's outside then kicks inside and/or gets safety snaps. Is there a path to start at CB or is he only playing a small role (at least initially)?

@Bri do titans LB's typically not get a huge amount of tackles in comparison to other teams that funnel traffic to the linebackers? How generous is the Titans home stat crew in doling out tackles and assists ?
I don't know tackle comparisons versus other teams.
It's either throw a few linemen at Simmons or run away from him, much like Donald and Jones.
Quality wise- the Titans only have one starting ILB according to many so they're expected to pickup an ILB around waivers or late trade. Reiterate Dr Gibby and Campbell should be backups.

They have pass rushers galore this year at OLB but coverage ability is pretty suspect for some of them.

Rashaan Evans and Jayon Brown get rumored to return by fans but no one is buying that at all. That said. It's what they need, very much so, and would fill the voids perfectly.

Reality is probably more nickel, three safety look they like etc.

You mentioned Elijah Molden as potentially filling a slot coverage role and/or getting safety work. He could be very valuable as a designated CB that gets far more tackle opportunities than a typical CB if he's outside then kicks inside and/or gets safety snaps. Is there a path to start at CB or is he only playing a small role (at least initially)?
He had a bad camp.
I've got him as a surprise cut. I think I'm the only one though so quite likely I'm wrong here.
They have a depth guy named Otis Reese IV who is a tiny LB and big S tweener type. Vrabel loves him but I doubt he makes it.
Other safeties probably mentioned are fine.
I love Tyreqe Jones who most have getting cut. He's big 6-2 6-3 and wants the ball. He's fun to watch and got a spunk or fire to his game.
Molden is considered the veteran despite not many years and injuries so he's got first dibs on that third safety spot.

I think it comes back to their inability to cover at all with Campbell or Gibbens at ILB and some of their OLBs that are excellent pass rushers and questionable at coverage. That's a real problem and why everyone has them picking up a LB or two. How do you mask that or compensate? I think it's a third safety and more nickel.

McCreary had a great camp last year, spotty season, and another great camp. He even did well on Jefferson when Fulton wasn't on him.
I've got Mcreary in the slot and first man up to replace SMB or Fulton for injury or a breather. Then I think Molden comes into the slot as Mcreary's replacement.

Molden has a lot of fight to his game, a lot of thinking and clever angles reading the play, but when it comes to just flat out mirroring a WR, he has issues. I think that's known. Opposing offenses suddenly take their slot guy out and put a typical WR in the slot against him. This was surely his issue to work on all summer. I don't have an update if he improved.

The other thing that I don't like. Many of the WR highlight videos are him getting burned. Could he have played well for thirty snaps and that was just a bad one? Absolutely but it gives me pause for sure

Farley onto PUP.
Hasn't practiced this year. Was benched from starter to sub to not playing late last year.
Little surprised as I had him cut but pleasantly surprised because he's gonna get to be around teammates and feel some brotherhood as he overcomes the loss of his father. Very nice gesture by the Titans. Good on them

Anthony Kendall made it. D3 UDFA. Pretty cool story
Expecting a their D2 UDFA DE to make it too

Monty Rice somehow made the team.
He was gone for "life and God" per him and Vrabel said he was getting healthy.

Probably some mental health issue, I have no idea.

Fulton pulled his hammy and (remember Vrabel called him out and he had a great off-season) hasn't returned but they were working on him trying to get him back in.

The Titans D has been outstanding getting into the backfield so frequently

Didn't get to watch the game.. but from the stat sheet, it seems that Arden Key was really impactful in limited snaps vs. Landry's contributions in close to a full time role. How'd they both look?

Reactions: Bri
Press all offseason has said how great Landry looked but he looked off some+ out of shape? Tired? Still recovering?
He's long been a speed rusher but he had no speed. Otherwise he looked good.
If we ignored all the reports you'd say good first time back and expect him to get better as he continues to come back. He looked like that.
Key looked very good and Autry looked fantastic. Pick a star, Autry looked like him.

Simmons beasted at moments.
Tart had a couple plays but I was meh on him.
They made a real curious move to bench Jayden Peavy for practice squad-er Kyle Peko. I'm wondering if some injury comes out Wednesday for him. Peko did get hurt. Peavy has been an off-season stud. His rookie camp was a lot like college- nothing and then wow fantastic play then nothing etc etc. He needed to learn some things to be consistent and by all accounts he has.
If that line can get a fourth play maker....wooo they could be great.

Gibby played awesome because the Saints were foolish. He's a slowish smart player. He finds a way to make plays and did. All they had to do was go away from him and force him to use speed he doesn't have but instead went right at him. He had the game of his life. I don't at all think he is that good or repeats it again.

Fulton stunk. He'll blame his hammy like he always does his worst days.

SMB and McCreary were darn good as was Byard and Hooker. Some miscommunication and wrong place wrong time kinks to work out but there was a lot of good there.

The corner from the Bears did not play well and umm why'd the claim him off waivers.

Also, I was angry Tyreqe Jones didn't make the 53 then grumpy the other day when a Jets coach was bragging about "finding" him off the waiver wire on the radio. Young depth guy so I'm not saying anything for IDP just...I loved a taller safety that's a ballhawk.

Radio had Eagles adding Rashaan Evans and how he may play this week. I thought he stunk and no one wanted the guy with seventh most tackles last year. Anywho...idk that he's sincerely a practice squad guy. Some eagles writer would know better

Press all offseason has said how great Landry looked but he looked off some+ out of shape? Tired? Still recovering?
If we ignored all the reports you'd say good first time back and expect him to get better as he continues to come back. He looked like that.
Key looked very good and Autry looked fantastic. Pick a star, Autry looked like him.

They made a real curious move to bench Jayden Peavy for practice squad-er Kyle Peko. I'm wondering if some injury comes out Wednesday for him. Peko did get hurt. Peavy has been an off-season stud. His rookie camp was a lot like college- nothing and then wow fantastic play then nothing etc etc. He needed to learn some things to be consistent and by all accounts he has.

Gibby played awesome because the Saints were foolish. He's a slowish smart player. He finds a way to make plays and did. All they had to do was go away from him and force him to use speed he doesn't have but instead went right at him. He had the game of his life. I don't at all think he is that good or repeats it again.

SMB and McCreary were darn good as was Byard and Hooker. Some miscommunication and wrong place wrong time kinks to work out but there was a lot of good there.

The corner from the Bears did not play well and umm why'd the claim him off waivers.

Also, I was angry Tyreqe Jones didn't make the 53 then grumpy the other day when a Jets coach was bragging about "finding" him off the waiver wire on the radio. Young depth guy so I'm not saying anything for IDP just...I loved a taller safety that's a ballhawk.

Radio had Eagles adding Rashaan Evans and how he may play this week. I thought he stunk and no one wanted the guy with seventh most tackles last year. Anywho...idk that he's sincerely a practice squad guy. Some eagles writer would know better
Can we expect little more production from Al-Shaair on most weeks? I believe he played all snaps but didn’t get the tackles this past week.

They signed him because Nakobe Dean injured his foot and was placed on IR so they are in need of depth

They signed him because Nakobe Dean injured his foot and was placed on IR so they are in need of depth
Yeah but radio had him going from street to possibly starting in a week.
The difficulty of learning the D, being in shape, I gotta question their depth LBs etc

Can we expect little more production from Al-Shaair on most weeks? I believe he played all snaps but didn’t get the tackles this past week.
I'm sure.
Running right to Gibby was weirdly predictable and unsuccessful and they did it anyway.
Idk IDP to tell ya how ILB stats are behind a top DL. If they continue to do well does he get lots of tackles funneled to him or do the DL gobble up the stats?

Looks like Hooker could be out with a concussion. They always are under Vrabel. There's never been a "could he play" discussion with a concussion.

Fulton and his hammy, I don't know...he went back in the game and I never buy that his injuries are serious. If it's so bad how could you go back in? Stuff like that....just never fits what he says.

I'd guess they wish they had Tyreqe. Mike Brown probably goes into Hooker's role and Molden stays as is. Could be Molden in for Hooker even swap but he didn't adjust well this summer and I thought he might get cut. Brown's been fine. I don't think ya do anything worrisome sub wise.

Fulton has allowed a perfect rating when targeted.
Molden didn't look great at safety and looked worse as a sub this week.
Dane Cruikshank was brought back

Rashaan Evans and Jayon Brown rumored to be chatting w Falcons...just fyi
How has Harold Landry looked? His stats are very paltry through the first four games.
A step slow and a bit tired late in games.
It was garbage that the coach and DC had him as good or better than before the ACL.

Usually it's about a half season to get back in rhythm but no sincere timeline.

His game for years was just speed rushed so it's important he gets his speed back

Fulton is nearly benched.
Molden is not far behind him.
One of them needs to wake up because they don't lack talent.
Tart out has been overstated as the defense fell apart when really it's his sub Jaleel Johnson being manhandled and pathetically getting in the way of others. He essentially looked like if I played NT. Peko had a bad game. Big Jeff hurt his shoulder early and was often holding it and trainers were reaching under his shoulder pads on the sideline. No team is stopping the run with three DL playing poorly.

The San Fran imports haven't played well lately. They were a much needed jolt and look like the backups they were.

Jaden Peavy...I'm onto he kicked Vrabel's dog...can't explain how he wins an offseason award, is greatly improved, makes the team, is a starter on their depth chart and then late pickup Peko gets the reps early. Peavy goes to PS and isn't called up despite all this.

The offense has been quite dysfunctional with the new OC not using Henry every other week and Vrabel berated with QBs about it. It appears the dysfunction has spread to the D.

Vrabel seems angry at pressers and like he's sick of saying the same stuff needs to happen.

He had a quick rant about not putting your hands on people and not knowing which gap and....there's some steam coming out of those ears for sure

Two theories- a let's get it together or else type meeting on long trip to London.
Blowwout loss in London and he flips on them on the way home.

Sad day for Titans fans.
An awful return for a perennial top player in trade to the Eagles....heard that story before.

Hooker could switch sides but I don't know that there's a need with the three safety set sprinkled into their split the field safety set.

Keep in mind, Hooker is also on the trading block. The Titans safeties were expensive and word is the new GM wasn't a fan of this spending.

No word on Fulton's benching or post Byard news yet. The presser will be Wednesday.

I'd expect they sign Tyreqe Jones off the Jets PS to bring him back. I think the existing safeties are subs with roles they fill. I don't see starter in them. Edmunds won't have time to get accustomed and has to contribute right away. Titans have a Thursday game so it wasn't the best time for a trade n adjustment.

Waiting for more news but as is- whoever Fulton is covering looks like a great DFS play w no Byard help

Monty Rice was cut and tweeted how he was thankful after.

He has been injured more than healthy and never lived up to his draft stock.

I highly doubt he's anything like Rashaan Evans and does well after unless we read of him eating crow. He was gifted Jayon Brown's spot and then David Long's spot and played for a former LBer and....teams are going to question if he has "it." He couldn't have been put in a better situation.

Kristian Fulton out a few weeks with "he has a hammy again" means he's probably done being a Titan.

I would guess he could succeed elsewhere in a hit or miss context. He's been both great and awful and every Titans fan will tell ya he gets hurt over n over in key moments which is really odd.
There were many articles and pics of Chris Harris working with him so the NFL will also see that as he was well coached let's only sign him to a show me type deal.

Most Titans fans want Big Jeff to heal up n sit the rest of the year rather than return in a few weeks.
Teair Tart was set for a big (NT though) contract but he hasn't played well/impacted run games since his couple game absence.

Denico Autry, if not re-signed, will be a great get for some team. He doesn't show age and is a difference maker on D.

Kyle Peko has played surprisingly well and probably gets re-signed unless some team overpays for a DT.

Hooker hasn't done much without Byard which is something we needed to find out. He's probably overpaid then and a risk to be cut or traded BUT he's not a bad player at all. He's good just that he's paid like he's great

Farley told TD he's still looking to get quick twitch motion back and the nerve in his back is healing well.

If he takes a single snap I'll be shocked

Users who are viewing this thread