What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TJ Houshmanzadeh signed by Raiders (1 Viewer)

Trizzler

Footballguy
ESPN story

Great, more confusion regarding Oakland receivers. :confused:

Does Bey still have the most value due to his consistency? I honestly don't see TJ making a big impact, even if he is familiar to Palmer.

are you including DHB - he seems to be a clear #1 on that team at the moment - the other guys (at the moment) are not startable.

I am not saying that it's a guarantee, but I will not be surprised at all if TJ puts up some good numbers...especially early on. Palmer mentioned after he signed that he had been working out with TJ throughout the lockout and during the time they have been out of the league.

This could have the same effect that we often see with backup QB's who end up starting and having a good connection with the receivers that they were on the second team with.

I'm not picking him up on my team, but if he puts up 5-6 catches for 80-90 yards in his first or second game back, I'm not going to be surprised by it.

Would it be right to say he's likely to be competing with Hagan for the slot receiver position and routes?

slot slot and more slot.

strong arm (noodle arm) palmer checkin' all day

he's gonna be getting 6-10 receptions a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a bizarre move.
It screams downgrade all Oak WRs to me. Palmer must be having trouble connecting to them even in practice for them to have to sign his buddy. We know Housh is but Palmer will soon prove to all he's washed up too.

Did you see him play in Baltimore last year? Im sorry, Housh looks washed up to me, although Palmer seemed to have radar lock on him for years. This will be interesting but i think this will end bad.

I am not saying that it's a guarantee, but I will not be surprised at all if TJ puts up some good numbers...especially early on. Palmer mentioned after he signed that he had been working out with TJ throughout the lockout and during the time they have been out of the league.
I agree with you 100%. It really helps to be on the same page as a receiver so you can anticipate where they are going to be and throw the ball before their break. That being said Housh looked a step slow last season so this might not be a big advantage.

Remember when everyone had wet and dirty pants over Moore and Murphy? That was less than a month ago...

I wouldn't be too quick to say TJ is washed up. Sometimes all a WR meeds is the right system and QB. Housh had some amazing years with Palmer. We could be looking at another Deion Branch situation where a wideout comes back to the QB who he had a connection with and becomes fantasy relevant.

I don't think so. DHB is cemented as the #1 option. I don't expect Housh to have much impact on the other WRs in the pecking order, nor do I expect him to be fantasy-relevant. It's likely just a signing to make Carson feel more comfortable, giving him someone with whom he has some familiarity. Housh can still be a nice big target when you need to move the chains, but don't expect much more than that.

Did you see him play in Baltimore last year? Im sorry, Housh looks washed up to me, although Palmer seemed to have radar lock on him for years. This will be interesting but i think this will end bad.
I agree. The trouble is, that radar lock occured during TJ and Palmer's best years. Obviously Oakland is looking for some instant chemistry so I get the move but my expectations are pretty low.

This is nothing more than a move to make Palmer comfortable. Housh is a veteran and these WR's can use his knowledge. I don't see Housh having any impact on the field, but in practices I think he can help them.

ESPN story

Does Bey still have the most value due to his consistency? I honestly don't see TJ making a big impact, even if he is familiar to Palmer.
He's going to be a 3rd down guy with some savvy vet knowledge who will pout and glare and stalk around like a whiney tool and expect a flag every time he doesn't make a catch. Perfect fit for the Raiders.

ESPN story

He's going to be a 3rd down guy with some savvy vet knowledge who will pout and glare and stalk around like a whiney tool and expect a flag every time he doesn't make a catch. Perfect fit for the Raiders.
MEOW!

DHB is the clear #1 here. TJ in the slot will probably have more value than Ford/Moore

I like the move for a team looking to win now. Let TJ be the bridge and hope Carson develops more chemistry with Ford/Moore before the season's out.

Silver N Black wearing those costumes yelling Hoooooush sounds like a cool idea to me.

Unsure if he can still play though

It'll take 1.5 quarters for the D to figure out that Palmer to TJ 10 yd curl is worth defending. Anything else... meh.

I think Palmer's arm strength is back to 90% or so and is very useful for a few more years. Can't say I feel the same way about TJ.

ESPN story

MEOW!
:lmao:

'Cooley said:
'Raider Nation said:
'mad sweeney said:
'Trizzler said:
ESPN story

MEOW!
:lmao:
I lol'd

Raiders have all these burner WR's..they want a reliable target for Palmer who will be right where he wants him on 3rd downs and someone who gets to the soft spots against zone coverage. TJ and Palmer had a good chemistry in CIN.

Oh..but...bump Moore.

'Trizzler said:
ESPN story

Wrong. Palmer sees a familiar name. But this is not a familiar player. He is far, far removed from the "Whose your mama" days.

Users who are viewing this thread