What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

To Keep Edge or not.. (1 Viewer)

scottiev

Footballguy
Now that Edge is a Cardinals..is he worth a 1st round pick? (or your keeper)

OR do you see Edge falling down to the 2nd round?

I know it's still early...tooo early but just wanted to see some opinions as of now...

Thanks

Depends what you can get for him. I'd take a young top tier WR for him in a dynasty. Think he'll go at the end of the first round in most drafts based on name recognition but play like a second rounder. 1500 total yards and 8 TDs is my early projection.

Depends what you can get for him. I'd take a young top tier WR for him in a dynasty. Think he'll go at the end of the first round in most drafts based on name recognition but play like a second rounder. 1500 total yards and 8 TDs is my early projection.
1500/8 is roughly 200 fantasy points which is still borderline Top 10. I still rather have Edge than a young top tier WR in a dyansty league at this point unless there are some funky scoring rules.

I'm not sure if having a couploe of stud wr's that are very good redzone threats helps or hurts him

I move Edges numbers down to 1100 total yards and 6 td's. The o-line is not very good in AZ
That's about where I'm slating him. Not keeping him. Now to decide between DD and Steve Smith. Going to go SS prolly 1pt per reception for Wr's.

I move Edges numbers down to 1100 total yards and 6 td's. The o-line is not very good in AZ
Edge has averaged 22.8 carries and 3.7 receptions per game. He's never been a huge TD scorer and has made it this far by having the biggest workload in the game.Unless people think that he is going to get less work than he did in IND . . .

360 carries x 3.7 ypc = 1332 rushing yards

60 receptions x 7.0 ypr = 420 receiving yards

1752 total yards

(I accounted for a fair drop in his his ypc (4.2) and ypr (8.0) compared to IND.)

Place your bets on his total TD.

I run an auction league with a $200 salary cap for a 15 man roster. I traded for Edge mid-year last year and his salary will be $70 if I want to keep him for 2006. By way of reference, Tomlinson went for $97!

No, I won't be keeping edge at $70.

I have the option to keep Edge for one more season at a salary of $32 in a $120 cap league...

I'm trying to trade him away (the team who trades for him will have the $32 deducted from thier cap)...no bites so far......

I just don't think he'll be worh a quarter of my cap..

I move Edges numbers down to 1100 total yards and 6 td's.  The o-line is not very good in AZ
Edge has averaged 22.8 carries and 3.7 receptions per game. He's never been a huge TD scorer and has made it this far by having the biggest workload in the game.Unless people think that he is going to get less work than he did in IND . . .

1752 total yards

(I accounted for a fair drop in his his ypc (4.2) and ypr (8.0) compared to IND.)

I'll eat my mouse (with ketchup) if Edge gets 360 carries in Arizona next year.

I move Edges numbers down to 1100 total yards and 6 td's.  The o-line is not very good in AZ

1752 total yards

I'll eat my mouse (with ketchup) if Edge gets 360 carries in Arizona next year.
I don't think he will either . . . but I don't see him falling into total oblivion either. I would guess 320 with a slightly higher ypc than I slotted him. I still see him getting at least 1,200 rushing yards if healthy. IMO, he drops from Top 5 to Top 10 but still is not as bad as some might suggest.

1500/8 is roughly 200 fantasy points which is still borderline Top 10. I still rather have Edge than a young top tier WR in a dyansty league at this point unless there are some funky scoring rules.
Why? If you have Fitzgerald and CJ slotted for 1400 yards and 10 TDs like I do then it seemingly makes sense. Both are roughly the same amount of points, but the WRs have a longer shelf life and are less prone to injury.

Why? If you have Fitzgerald and CJ slotted for 1400 yards and 10 TDs like I do then it seemingly makes sense. Both are roughly the same amount of points, but the WRs have a longer shelf life and are less prone to injury.
You can project anyone however you want, but the past few seasons WR have been pretty unpredictible. Johnson has not had both of those in the same seasson yet (although he should be close to that whether he gets it or not). But I don't expect much beyond that from him. As for Fitzgerald, Edge may take away from his production.Edge at 200 fantasy points, IMO, is the low end of the scale for Edge. I think he will do better than that.

And we also saw the past few years at WR that there are several guys each year that can be had pretty cheaply that put up Top 10 (or close to it) fantasy numbers.

IMO, there are fewer good RB to go around than there are good WR. That's my opinion, and others will have different thoughts . . .

Users who are viewing this thread