What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tonight 10pm EST "The Drive Block" - Live Audible Call-In (1 Viewer)

Sigmund Bloom

Footballguy
Staff member
The Drive Block

We've been having a blast - hope y'all can join us. As far as I know, we're the first football talk show to incorporate the chat room into the discussion. If anything, tune in to see what has Cecil ranting this week... I heard they didn't put enough milk in his latte at the airport Starbucks on Tuesday.

Previously on the Drive Block

8/21 Drive Block

8/14 Drive Block (Cecil's Birthday!)

8/7 Drive Block

Last edited by a moderator:
looking forward to it

any guests this week?

Lawyer Chase? Doctor Drinen?

What's Carlton up to? Wanna chat SOS?

Wouldn't mind hearing Bloom and Jeff T debate some young players chances in dynasty leagues

Mike Herman's obsession with Ks is fascinating, I think I'd like to hear someone genuinely excited about a K's prospects

Any staff members free tonight?

What's the gameplan Bloom?

It might just be fun for Bloom to PM a bunch of us about what Cecil's FF pet peeves are and we can all call in and ask...see how many rants he can go on in one night :wall:

Well, whatever it is I'm looking forward to the show

:link: Bri, you're a devious one!

I may have a rant or 2 tonight ;)

10PM ET start time - 2 hours of funk!

Bri said:
It might just be fun for Bloom to PM a bunch of us about what Cecil's FF pet peeves are and we can all call in and ask...see how many rants he can go on in one night :popcorn:
Hint: A lot of them involve inferior hair products and jersey quality.

Love the show, Cecil and Sig. I'll be listening up here in Seattle.

Great show guys...burned a couple to disc and it makes business trips in the car fly by, keep up the good work.

How about some talk about the RB situation in CIN?

Any chance you guys could talk about how the WR3 situation in New England is shaping up?

Also, maybe a bit of discussion on when to start taking IDPs off the board in a (bigger) Dynasty startup draft?

Thanks...you guys are great.

Bri said:
It might just be fun for Bloom to PM a bunch of us about what Cecil's FF pet peeves are and we can all call in and ask...see how many rants he can go on in one night :mellow:
Hint: A lot of them involve inferior hair products and jersey quality.
hmmm....I'll think on thatsuggestion-You need to buy him a steelers jersey with his name on it. Replace steeler logos with black eyed joe. I get the impression he might never take that off.

Cecil Lammey said:
:lmao: Bri, you're a devious one!I may have a rant or 2 tonight ;)10PM ET start time - 2 hours of funk!
I've got a sound clip idea for you to play with that I might regret pointing out to you/reminding you of, but...here goes anywayYa know the movie wildcats with goldie hawn? The principal sarcastically says "rrrright" over and over? that one

Its my birthday today and I am leaving my party early to come home and listen to drive block! cant wait!

Great show guys...burned a couple to disc and it makes business trips in the car fly by, keep up the good work.How about some talk about the RB situation in CIN?
Will do! We talked to Carlos Holmes from the Dayton Daily News on our Sunday morning show "Game Time Decision" on FM 104.3 The Fan & he gave us some GREAT scoop, as always!

This was a blast last week and I'll be watching again tonight.

No real NFL on tonight, so hopefully we can talk some college ball.

Listening now. Hey, can you guys talk about the strategy behind your personal "activewear" selections in your DraftGuys ON Network workout video?

Comedy Gold - just wanted to let you know that didn't go unnoticed.

Thanks - love the show.

Bink

Ok - serious question.

Lots of talk about this being a likely break out year for Cutler. I am a Cutler fan - watched too much of that gun in the SEC as a Razorback fan. I understand that DEN has been a run first for the last few years but even in their higher passing level days - they weren't much more than low 50% passing attack were they?

How would you set the odds for Cutler being a Top 5 QB? Not Top 10 ...top 5.

Thanks man.

Bink

This was a blast last week and I'll be watching again tonight.No real NFL on tonight, so hopefully we can talk some college ball.
Do we deliver or do we deliver?Thanks everyone for coming out - you guys make the show as good as it is.Well, you guys and Cecil's hair.

Binky The Doormat said:
Ok - serious question.Lots of talk about this being a likely break out year for Cutler. I am a Cutler fan - watched too much of that gun in the SEC as a Razorback fan. I understand that DEN has been a run first for the last few years but even in their higher passing level days - they weren't much more than low 50% passing attack were they? How would you set the odds for Cutler being a Top 5 QB? Not Top 10 ...top 5.Thanks man.Bink
Odds are good that Cutler could finish top 5. The Broncos will pass a lot - especially in the red zone - where they have historically struggled to get it done between the tackles. BMarsh with only 1 game = more goodness for JC.

Binky The Doormat said:
Ok - serious question.Lots of talk about this being a likely break out year for Cutler. I am a Cutler fan - watched too much of that gun in the SEC as a Razorback fan. I understand that DEN has been a run first for the last few years but even in their higher passing level days - they weren't much more than low 50% passing attack were they? How would you set the odds for Cutler being a Top 5 QB? Not Top 10 ...top 5.Thanks man.Bink
Odds are good that Cutler could finish top 5. The Broncos will pass a lot - especially in the red zone - where they have historically struggled to get it done between the tackles. BMarsh with only 1 game = more goodness for JC.
Love the take - thanks again and once again great show.

here's the show to download:

http://podcast.footballguys.com/2008/Footb...008-Vol213a.mp3

In This Episode: Cecil Lammey, Sigmund Bloom, and Andrew Garda answer calls and talk about the latest happenings in the NFL. Tune in every Thursday night at 10pm ET to listen live to the show! Topics include: a discussion about the Cincy RBs, who will emerge as the #3 WR in New England, what are the 2008 prospects for Calvin Johnson and Ted Ginn Jr, we take calls from the listeners and check out the chat room, plus more!

enjoy! :lmao:

enjoy! :goodposting:

subscribe to The Audible on Itunes, it's free!

In This Episode: Cecil Lammey, Sigmund Bloom, and Andrew Garda answer calls and talk about the latest happenings in the NFL. Tune in every Thursday night at 10pm ET to listen live to the show! Topics include: a discussion about the Cincy RBs, who will emerge as the #3 WR in New England, what are the 2008 prospects for Calvin Johnson and Ted Ginn Jr, we take calls from the listeners and check out the chat room, plus more!

enjoy! :popcorn:

Good Stuff Cecil :thumbup: However, I listened to basically teh whole thing..and I didnt hear the Calvin Johnson Convo? whats with that

enjoy! :hifive:

Good Stuff Cecil :lmao: However, I listened to basically teh whole thing..and I didnt hear the Calvin Johnson Convo? whats with that
whoops! we were asked that question, but maybe didn't flesh it out. :bag: Here's my Calvin Johnson take:

Mike Martz is gone - and that may be a good thing! CJ is a rare athlete, even in the NFL where everyone is the best of the best. If he can stay away from Roy Williams (and his seemingly lack of work ethic) he could develop into a top 5 WR in the league.

this year could be better than people think. Of course, the Lions are going to a more traditional offense and I believe that CJ could outperform RW.

75 catches, 1200 yards and around 8-10 TDs isn't out of the question.

enjoy! :thumbup:

enjoy! :thumbup:

Good Stuff Cecil :thumbup: However, I listened to basically teh whole thing..and I didnt hear the Calvin Johnson Convo? whats with that
whoops! we were asked that question, but maybe didn't flesh it out. :bag: Here's my Calvin Johnson take:

Mike Martz is gone - and that may be a good thing! CJ is a rare athlete, even in the NFL where everyone is the best of the best. If he can stay away from Roy Williams (and his seemingly lack of work ethic) he could develop into a top 5 WR in the league.

this year could be better than people think. Of course, the Lions are going to a more traditional offense and I believe that CJ could outperform RW.

75 catches, 1200 yards and around 8-10 TDs isn't out of the question.
U think it was in a group of players I asked Sig about near the end of the show that the chatroom had asked about. I don;t recall what he said or if he even said much about him - Delhomme and TJones were other topics of the query.But I really can't recal what - if anything - sig said in regards to CJ2.

Users who are viewing this thread