What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tony Romo you are garbage... (1 Viewer)

:rolleyes: at the dude who has Peyton as his starting QB and worried about Romo's suckage as his flex. Some of us unlucky shmoes have to consider him at our starting QB for the fantasy playoffs. :censored:
I did have to spend a 4th round pick on Romo. Strategy is a little different in a QB flex league. And among the top teams in our league, the flex is often the key differentiator. The guys who throw in some sleeper in the flex spot as an afterthought don't do well.

And by the way, if you were hoping to ride Romo to glory as your only option at QB, have you ever watched NFL football?? I would've been working the WW and aggressively offering trades in October.

So what are Romo

Next week, he will not disappoint. DAL @ CHI on Monday Night Football.

The Raiders couldn't keep scoring enough to force Romo to have to throw. The Bears will have no such problems.
Maybe you are right. DAL Defense has not been great lately.

But Are any Romo owners feeling confident at this point? CHI stinks vs the run, weather could be sloppy.. Why not run run run?

I'm on the fence about Romo vs Fitzpatrick.. among numerous QB2 candidates that could put up better #'s.

^^^ Cowboys are just gonna run it all night. Bears D can't stop any RB right now. I'm expecting another 200/1 type of game out of Romo

Last edited by a moderator:
The game against the Bears last year was the game where Dez bryant had all the "questionable" issues but was also the game where he really started to show signs of what came afterward. In that game, going in, people said Peanut Tillman would make the Cowboys passing game ineffective and the defense would pressure Romo too much but Romo had a pretty good game.

Just saying so that we don't overthink it too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got cold feet and just snagged Fitzpatrick with my last WW dollar. Playing at Denver this week and will have to throw a ton to try to keep up with Peyton. Kind of surprised Fitz was still available. Nice statline over the past 4 weeks.

So who would you all start this week?

Romo?

Fitz?

A. Smith?
I'm probably rolling with Fitz but check the weather first. Current forecast is a high temp of 6°F with a 60% chance of snow. If it's snowing and windy I'm going with Romo. Would probably trust Romo a little more than Smith.

McGarnicle said:
I'm probably rolling with Fitz but check the weather first. Current forecast is a high temp of 6°F with a 60% chance of snow. If it's snowing and windy I'm going with Romo. Would probably trust Romo a little more than Smith.
I'm with you here and struggling to decide between Romo/Fitzpatrick. Although weather is often overrated, in a case like this I will use it to break the tie. Now if both games look to be cold/snowy, I am back to flipping a coin.

McGarnicle said:
I'm with you here and struggling to decide between Romo/Fitzpatrick. Although weather is often overrated, in a case like this I will use it to break the tie. Now if both games look to be cold/snowy, I am back to flipping a coin.
Slightly better outlook now, 30% chance of snow showers and highs in the teens (balmy!). Probably a decision I end up making at 3:55 on Sunday, but I'm leaning Fitz. Conditions in Chicago on Monday night may not be much better.

I can't trust Romo in my starting lineup anymore until he shows us something. The guy has been a bum since the Denver game, and is very frustrating to watch. I'm benching him (and the equally frustrating "let's hand off to woodhead/matthews when you think I should be passing" Rivers) for Alex Smith, who has at least shown signs of life lately.

If Romo has a good showing against Chicago this week, and I'm lucky enough to advance in my playoffs, I'll be tempted to plug him in against GB/Washington.

McGarnicle said:
Slightly better outlook now, 30% chance of snow showers and highs in the teens (balmy!). Probably a decision I end up making at 3:55 on Sunday, but I'm leaning Fitz. Conditions in Chicago on Monday night may not be much better.
Weather sucks with either Fitz or Romo. Romo is more talented, better weapons, Chicago defense probably softer than Denver. It's a coin flip, but in those kinds of calls, I usually defer to the guy that plays on Monday Night. Gives me one extra day of hope if I have a bad Sunday.

I can't trust Romo in my starting lineup anymore until he shows us something. The guy has been a bum since the Denver game, and is very frustrating to watch. I'm benching him (and the equally frustrating "let's hand off to woodhead/matthews when you think I should be passing" Rivers) for Alex Smith, who has at least shown signs of life lately.

If Romo has a good showing against Chicago this week, and I'm lucky enough to advance in my playoffs, I'll be tempted to plug him in against GB/Washington.
This is exactly where I am with Romo. And really I regret drafting him after I swore I never would again. I figured as a flex QB he was a sneaky play since he usually finishes in the top 10. So I end up drafting one of my best teams ever, sure enough he helps me have a great year, but here we are in December, he's been ####ting the bed (granted not all his fault, playcalling is a major part of it), and I'll be damned if I'm going to go out in the first round because of him. The fact that he hasn't completely imploded in a game lately just tells me it's probably coming up soon, and this is the time of year he starts to get scared of winning anything.

Here's Romo's production since the Denver game:

week 6: 170/1/1
week 7: 317/1/2
week 8: 206/3/0
week 9: 337/2/1
week 10: 128/1/0
week 11: BYE
week 12: 234/2/1
week 13: 225/1/0

YPA for the season is 7.14 (good for something like 17th or 18th best in the league by starters with enough attempts); only 2 times out of the last 7 weeks he's reached at least 250 yds passing.

And with the cowboys only losing 2 out of those 7 games, I don't see things changing. If Aaron Rodgers is back for week 15 then I'll have confidence in romo in hopes that the cowboys will need to throw it. I'm starting to check to see if opposing teams have a good offense now compared to how bad their passing defense is when it comes to romo

And with the cowboys only losing 2 out of those 7 games, I don't see things changing. If Aaron Rodgers is back for week 15 then I'll have confidence in romo in hopes that the cowboys will need to throw it. I'm starting to check to see if opposing teams have a good offense now compared to how bad their passing defense is when it comes to romo
Yep, I agree. No reason for them to change the approach since they're winning. Romo has fallen to 9th in QB scoring in my league, dropping almost weekly.

As a Cowboys fan, and Romo owner if FF, I'm totally fine with lesser FF production, and the Cowboys winning. I'd much rather see the Cowboys have success than my FF team. OP needs to take a deep breath and put down the FF crack pipe.

OP comparing Romo to Jamarcus Russell............priceless.

He played a good game just handed off all tds
Just saw this thread, funny. Romo throws for 5 tds and 500 yards and loses to Denver by 3 and he gets hammered for being a choker.

He does what it takes to win a must win game on the national stage and he gets hammered for not doing enough.

I've said for years if everyone was as good, as prepared and tried as hard as Romo on the Cowboys they'd be a threat to win the SB every year, but they are not, not even close. If you ever are in a conversation with friends and it's about how Qbs get too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses, Tony Romo is your guy to include in that conversation.

Rivers or Romo, tough decision. Need to win this playoff week. I have Murray and Dez also. They are both starting. What do you think?

I've got romo or Wilson. All week I said id go romo, as day wears on today I'm leaning back towards Wilson because Wilson had been a melato god :) . He has earned his trust.

If it was a lesser qb I'd go romo

Seriously he's more frustrating to watch then any player ive ever owned. More then Spiller,Wilson,Ridley...Throw the $&@" ball to DEZ BRYANT u pile. Dez catches everything but he never throws it to him. U think anyone on the raiders roster can hang with DEZ?
Romo sucks period. He's garbage he's Alex smith and Jamarcus status IMO
Romo is garbage stop defending him. He might be the worst big game QB in the history if football. Dude chokes ever single time. I think Jamarcus would actually throw the ball to Dez. Don't even start with Alex and his record. Smith is lily his DST is legit and Charles is a hog. Any QB in the league would be 9-2 with that team.
Hey Bobby did you draft Romo again this year by any chance? :lmao:

My fault really. I thought he meant garbage time which would have been nice to get some today. Instead he just sucked throughout. Way to be consistent Tony. I ####### hate you.

Users who are viewing this thread